PDA

View Full Version : Blazers sign first-round draft picks Aldridge, Roy.

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 12:30 AM
From ESPN.com there is a link below.

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday signed first-round draft picks forward LaMarcus Aldridge and guard Brandon Roy. Selected second overall by the Chicago Bulls, Aldridge had his rights acquired by Portland for forward Viktor Khryapa and the draft rights to Tyrus Thomas (fourth overall pick).

Under the rookie salary scale, Aldridge will make $6.96 million in the first two years of the deal, which runs through 2007-08. The Blazers hold club options for the next two years of the contract.

Portland also acquired the draft rights to Roy -- the sixth overall pick -- in a deal with Minnesota.

Roy will make $4.69 million in the first two years of his deal. The Blazers also hold club options for the next two years of the contract.

"We are extremely excited to add this unique blend of character and talent to our roster," Blazers interim general manager Steve Patterson said. "These two represent a strong part of the change in culture we are striving to achieve in Portland and we are looking forward to both of them being in a Trail Blazers uniform for a long time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2509500

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2006, 02:15 AM
how many seasons before blazers make 8th seed?

i give them another 4-5 years

the team mcmillan is buildin based on the philosophy when he coach the sonics, basically this jailblazer team is rebuilding, and i dont think miles+zach is part of the future what they are invisioning. The team is still young, but i think if they can sumhow offload one or both of them for an allstar/superstar player, could probaly make them contend earlier than planned. A KG would work.

Burn531
07-05-2006, 03:38 AM
and i dont think miles+zach is part of the future what they are invisioning.

I read somewhere today that there looking to move both of them this summer.

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 05:15 AM
I read somewhere today that there looking to move both of them (Miles and Randolph) this summer.

That's well known.