PDA

View Full Version : The Ian Mahinmi videos...

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 01:42 AM
Just tried searching for them without luck.

Does anybody have the links off hand?

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2006, 01:43 AM
youtube

polandprzem
07-05-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm looking for a nice shirt anybody knows where I can get one.
Yes the basketball style.

Thanks in advance
Signed:
please_don't_ban_polandprzem

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2006, 01:53 AM
I'm looking for a nice shirt anybody knows where I can get one.
Yes the basketball style.

Thanks in advance
Signed:
please_don't_ban_polandprzem

you talkin about a mahinmi jersey?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 01:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Lg9oOzGQU

Is there any word on when he might come over>

I know this year is out of the question...but next year?

polandprzem
07-05-2006, 02:03 AM
you talkin about a mahinmi jersey?

Yea maybe.

I though it was an information thread.

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2006, 02:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Lg9oOzGQU

Is there any word on when he might come over>

I know this year is out of the question...but next year?

check previous threads, he just sign one year deal with sum french team that qualified for euroleague which will give him exposure to play against better competition, if his proven, very highly he be in a spurs jersey in 07/08

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 02:14 AM
Seriously, this guy is one of the weakest dunkers I have ever seen (solely based on this highlight video). I could do all of those and I am fucking white and 19.

This is partly true.

Most of his dunks are weak. But some of them, his head is around the rim.

But fuck all that, I just looked at some Javtokas videos again and I have a renewd hard-on for the kid. This guy could be a white Amare. Look at where he takes off on some of his dunks, good god.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 02:15 AM
check previous threads, he just sign one year deal with sum french team that qualified for euroleague which will give him exposure to play against better competition, if his proven, very highly he be in a spurs jersey in 07/08

Sounds good.

He looks like he could be a Deng type player...I hope.

polandprzem
07-05-2006, 02:24 AM
wow - so accualy dunks are what we are looking for?

There are some and1-ers on the streets.... Phone Pop.....

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 02:25 AM
Javtokas has a nice shot, too.

His dunks are are what we're discussing because most of his highlights are of dunks, Polandzherb.

Kori Ellis
I dont care if is head is around the rim. His dunks are fucking weak. I am a normal college kid who works out maybe 5 hours a week, max. He is a professional basketball player. Inexcusable.

Well in the layup line, I don't think he's trying to power dunk -- it's just the layup line.

It's not like he was putting together a reel of his best dunks. :lol

boutons_
How many extra points for a dunk?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 02:28 AM
If you look at where Javtokas is jumping from in some of those dunks, and how far he is above the rim...

White Amare I tell you.

Despot
Anyone know how tall he is now?

TDMVPDPOY
i think there should be an incentive in these players javtokas+ians contract, dunk the fukn ball and recieve 1000 for every dunk made, which means damn they gotto score if they want bonus.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 02:29 AM
Anyone know how tall he is now?

I think Mahinmi is 6'11.

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 02:31 AM
6'10...230lbs..

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/ianmahinmi.asp

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 02:32 AM
It's really hard to tell how good Javtokas will be in the NBA. I guess we'll know soon though. Hopefully he can get 9 rpg.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 02:32 AM
6'10...230lbs..

He's grown since then. That's why the poster asked about NOW.

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 02:35 AM
http://spurs.realgm.com/profiles.phtml

Despot
07-05-2006, 02:41 AM

I doubt realgm has kept up on his height, he was 19 at the time we drafted him, giving him alot of time to get taller.

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 02:47 AM
yea he grew a lot in a year from 19 to 20....and his voice is still cracking constantly...i think his two front teeth and 2 cuspids grew in over the year also

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 02:50 AM
I bet he gets closer to 4. I dont think he will play all that much. We all thought Oberto would be a stud. All he does is tap the ball out.

I don't know about you but I never thought Oberto was any kind of stud :lol

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 02:50 AM
yea he grew a lot in a year from 19 to 20....and his voice is still cracking constantly...i think his two front teeth and 2 cuspids grew in over the year also

Whatever. It was reported by the Spurs that he has grown since they drafted him. You don't have to believe it and can continue being a smartass with bad sentence structure.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 02:51 AM
I bet he gets closer to 4.

If he's starting, he needs to get more than 4.

polandprzem
07-05-2006, 02:52 AM
What I am getting at is we need a big guy who can throw it down. Tony and Manu constantly find our wide open bigs under the basket. However, Tim is the only one who can throw it down. Rasho was too scared to and Nazr would have if he didnt have such poor hands. Javtokas looks like he can finish.

If you are looking for Dwight Howard....

And throwing down is not necessarly thing you need to finish under the basket, it's the quickness. Ian still need a development and you've got to realize it.

Javtokas is no Amare and heis play is not similar to Amare's. Robertas is not an offensive force. he is in San Antonio because of the defense capabilieties.
He wont dunk in NBA like in the Euro highlight.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 02:53 AM
Well a lot of people said he would take the starting center position a few weeks into the season. They were sure wrong.

People said that because they thought Nazr and Rasho sucked. Not because they thought Oberto was good.

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Ouch!! That hurt Kori!!.I wasn't being a smart ass.What's the difference between 6'10 and 6'11 other than a pair of nike's seriously?? It's not like Ian grew three inches, so it's not really a big deal!

and I do have good sentence structure when necessary :)

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 02:56 AM
You think he is going to start!?

No way in hell he starts ahead of Bonner, Oberto, or Horry. He might at sometime in the season, but definately not in the beginning.

No, I think a Spur that isn't here yet is going to start. But of Jav, Bonner, Oberto and Horry, yeah I'd rather have Jav start. Bonner isn't starting center material -- he's like a tall, unathletic shooting forward. Oberto would make me cry if he started. And I'm not banking on Horry being able to give much of anything this season. If he shows up, fine. If not, fine too I guess. At least Javtokas is athletic.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 02:57 AM
Ouch!! That hurt Kori!!.I wasn't being a smart ass.What's the difference between 6'10 and 6'11 other than a pair of nike's seriously?? It's not like Ian grew three inches, so it's not really a big deal!

The point was that the Spurs say he's still growing.

and I do have good sentence structure when necessary :)

I guess I'll believe it when I see it:)

Leetonidas
07-05-2006, 02:58 AM

That site is a bunch of bullshit. I find it hard to believe that Sergei Karaulov is 37 years old, 215 pounds and 7 feet tall.

And since when are Viktor Sanikidze, Melvin Sanders, and Luis Scola point guards? When did Matt Bonner become a SG?

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 02:59 AM
That site is a bunch of bullshit. I find it hard to believe that Sergei Karaulov is 37 years old, 215 pounds and 7 feet tall.

And since when are Viktor Sanikidze, Melvin Sanders, and Luis Scola point guards? When did Matt Bonner become a SG?

:lmao @ Karaulov being 37.

Leetonidas
07-05-2006, 03:01 AM
Sean Marks is the answer to our problems... :smokin

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 03:01 AM
I hope Ian grows to be 7'1".

Obstructed_View
07-05-2006, 03:02 AM
What's the harm in having the guy over here this year? There's worse ways to develop than playing against Tim Duncan every day.

Leetonidas
07-05-2006, 03:03 AM
:lmao @ Karaulov being 37.

That site said he was born in December of 1969! According to NBA.com he's only 26. But apparently he really is 215 pounds. :depressed

Will we ever see Viktor Sanikidze or Karaulov in Spurs uniforms?

BIG IRISH
07-05-2006, 03:04 AM
LEAVE IAN in EUROPE. He has signed a one year contract and Holt won't buy it out.

Besides:
1. We don't have a Center and Ian needs to
learn to to lay the ball up rather than dunk.

2. He needs to stop running the length of the floor and
how to walk back after a offensive basket is scored.

3. He has not learned to pump fake 6 times before shooting the ball.

4. What the heck is he doing passing the ball out when he is trippled teamed?

5. Jumping for a rebound and not just tipping it out! discussting

:lol

YEP this kid has a lot to learn. Maybe we can teach him to take the ball to the outside and shoot three's

polandprzem
07-05-2006, 03:05 AM
What's the harm in having the guy over here this year? There's worse ways to develop than playing against Tim Duncan every day.

The best way to develop is PLAYING in the game.

We don't need no Darkos who have no clue what the game atmosphere is like.
The practice is not the same as game and you know it

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 03:07 AM
And Javtokas' dunks are much more impressive. He isnt afraid to throw it down with people around him (like Shaq). Ian is like Rasho in that he wont dunk unless he is COMPLETELY wide open.

All those highlights are only from 1 game. Those aren't his career highlights.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 03:08 AM
All those highlights are only from 1 game. Those aren't his career highlights.

Do they change jersey's at halftime or something?

johngateswhiteley
07-05-2006, 03:09 AM
Seriously, this guy is one of the weakest dunkers I have ever seen (solely based on this highlight video). I could do all of those and I am fucking white and 19.

...wow, i don't know what to tell you....but Ian is extremely athletic for his size in those videos. sure he will have some things to learn in the nba, but if you think he won't be our starting c or pf (though maybe not the first year)....you are crazy. his length, foot quickness, and leaping are all impressive to me...and if you can't see it your blind. he'll be just fine.

mathbzh
07-05-2006, 03:13 AM

You are 19? Ian is 20... what an old man.
you are white... OK white can't jump

Did you ever try to dunk in the trafic against a professional team?

Seriously, you want dunks... look there to find the perfect player

http://www.slamnation.net/

Obstructed_View
07-05-2006, 03:13 AM
The best way to develop is PLAYING in the game.

We don't need no Darkos who have no clue what the game atmosphere is like.
The practice is not the same as game and you know it
I understand what you are saying, but I don't necessarily buy it, or I wouldn't have asked the question. French league game atmosphere doesn't seem like a definite advantage over playing with the Spurs every day. Given the fact that Pop seems to expect Beno to develop from the bench, and it isn't happening reinforces your position.

Leetonidas
07-05-2006, 03:14 AM
I hope the Spurs invite GiG to training camp. :)

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 03:17 AM
I hope Ian keeps growing to be 7'2".

Leetonidas
07-05-2006, 03:18 AM
I hope Ian keeps growing to be 7'2".

Gee, while we're at it, let's hope he can grow to be 8'11"

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 03:18 AM
Do they change jersey's at halftime or something?

It's 1 game versus Paris Racing last year. His jersey never changes. Look again warmups first then red #5 Jersey.

Horry For 3!
07-05-2006, 03:19 AM
6'10...230lbs..

That is from '04 :lol

J.T.
07-05-2006, 03:20 AM
People thought Oberto was gonna be a stud because RC Buford is a fucking idiot and hyped up Oberto at the press conference after they signed him. Said something like Oberto was the best player on the Argentina team when they were looking at Manu. I blame RC for the hype.

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 03:21 AM
Word is Ian is still growing. Can you imagine with his athletic ability and him growing to be 7'2". Tim to David alley oops from the top of the key reincarnated anyone???

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 03:22 AM
Word is Ian is still growing. Can you imagine with his athletic ability and him growing to be 7'2". Tim to David alley oops from the top of the key reincarnated anyone???

Keep it up, smartass. At least you are starting to learn punctuation.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 03:24 AM
It's 1 game versus Paris Racing last year. His jersey never changes. Look again warmups first then red #5 Jersey.

Ah, I thought you were talking about Javtokas.

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Just so we are clear those highlights are from 1 game not his career highlights. OK. 1 Game.

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 03:25 AM
No im serious. I really am hoping he keeps growing, im a spurs fan you know.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 03:26 AM
People thought Oberto was gonna be a stud because RC Buford is a fucking idiot and hyped up Oberto at the press conference after they signed him. Said something like Oberto was the best player on the Argentina team when they were looking at Manu. I blame RC for the hype.

In those Olympics Oberto did look good.

He looked on par with Scola. I don't think Buford was overstating, though it's now apparent Oberto is a stiff. Probably a big reason they didn't seem eager to buy Scola...that and the huge price.

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 03:26 AM
Ah, I thought you were talking about Javtokas.

Yeah Javtokas he has some really sick dunks in his vids.

Leetonidas
07-05-2006, 03:28 AM
I don't understand the hate for Fabri. He's not that bad at all. He's a hard worker, good offensive rebounder, and he's a good passer and sets picks well. He just needs more time in the system.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2006, 03:29 AM
Gee, while we're at it, let's hope he can grow to be 8'11"
You do know that David Robinson was 6'4" when he entered the naval academy.

Leetonidas
07-05-2006, 03:30 AM
You do know that David Robinson was 6'4" when he entered the naval academy.

Oh, I was just responding to Manu4Tres because of the fact he's posted the same thing like 3 times now.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2006, 03:31 AM
I don't understand the hate for Fabri. He's not that bad at all. He's a hard worker, good offensive rebounder, and he's a good passer and sets picks well. He just needs more time in the system.
Plus he's a great energy guy. He does the things that Knick used to do when he was here.

Oh, I was just responding to Manu4Tres because of the fact he's posted the same thing like 3 times now.
:lol

BIG IRISH
07-05-2006, 03:43 AM

He could try hauling in a rebound, once in a while, instead of tipping everything out. Also he is out of position two many times for someone
that has played pro-ball for a number of years. No hate but he was
over- hyped and when he didn't live up to expectation a lot of people
became disappointed.

polandprzem
07-05-2006, 03:43 AM
I understand what you are saying, but I don't necessarily buy it, or I wouldn't have asked the question. French league game atmosphere doesn't seem like a definite advantage over playing with the Spurs every day. Given the fact that Pop seems to expect Beno to develop from the bench, and it isn't happening reinforces your position.
Well I think it's more like a game rythym then a atmosphere.
Have the spurs developed Beno dramaticly? No.
Why Manu became so effective? Because he played in basketball not practicing basketball

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 03:47 AM
People here are all getting excited that he didn't throw down all kinds of monster dunks in the 1 game of highlights they saw. It took me some time but I found this link to an old video I remember seeing with him throwing down a monster dunk . Look at the absolutely sick dunk that Mahinmi throws down at 2:14 of this video. People spoke too soon. I don't know who that guy was but he got a serious facial. Now everyone can get excited about how crazy he is because of this 1 dunk. :lol :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqrWzn3GaSg

Obstructed_View
07-05-2006, 03:49 AM
He could try hauling in a rebound, once in a while, instead of tipping everything out. Also he is out of position two many times for someone
that has played pro-ball for a number of years. No hate but he was
over- hyped and when he didn't live up to expectation a lot of people
became disappointed.
Okay, it's time to kill this idea before it develops any further. Oberto doesn't "just tip everything out" or he wouldn't average 2 rebounds in 8 minutes. He did get a lot of tips, and they retained possession for the team, which is just as good as an offensive board. Unless you have him on your fantasy team, who gives a shit as long as the Spurs benefit?

to21
07-05-2006, 08:02 AM
I didn't think he looked bad. The fact that all those highlights were from the same game makes me exited to see him in silver and black.

Last I checked weak dunks and sick dunks both count for two points.

coopers pale
07-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Seriously GIG, usually I like your input, but what is this "man, I can dunk better than that" crap?

So you're 19 and can dunk? Big deal. Are we talking about you GIG?
(okay, so I am now, but before...... ah, you know what I mean)

He dunks about 4 times in a SINGLE GAME and that isn't enough for you?
For him to dunk in traffic, that would require there to be traffic, and it didn't look from those shorts that the opposition gave him any option BUT to dunk in the open.

Those clips look good to me - 6ft10/11", athletic, long, excellent hops (not as good as yours though GIG, I'm sure :rolleyes ).

I seriously want to see him and Javto on the court at the same time as our mythical long and athletic SF in 2007/8. :fro :elephant :fro

Brutalis
07-05-2006, 08:24 AM
My god dude is skinny as a fishin pole.

He was NEVER 230lbs. People overdoing their ht/wt is getting old. Obviously they're just not.

mardigan
07-05-2006, 10:14 AM
This is partly true.

Most of his dunks are weak. But some of them, his head is around the rim.

But fuck all that, I just looked at some Javtokas videos again and I have a renewd hard-on for the kid. This guy could be a white Amare. Look at where he takes off on some of his dunks, good god.

I totally agree with this statement. I dont think I have seen a white 7 footer ever throw down a dunk like those. Plus he looks like D Rob running the floor. He is gonna kick ass, we dont need to sign a center with him on our roster

mardigan
07-05-2006, 10:20 AM
I bet he gets closer to 4. I dont think he will play all that much. We all thought Oberto would be a stud. All he does is tap the ball out.

No one thought Oberto was gonna be a stud based on his highlight videos or his international play unless you didnt know anything about basketball, Javtokas is a different animal all together. 4 rebounds a game? Thats just retarded. If he gets 18 minutes a game he will get that. Oberto isnt 7 foot, 25, or athletic, so you comparing the 2 doesnt even make sense

Kori Ellis
07-06-2006, 12:11 PM
"He (Ian Mahinmi) did good things with the 'A' team but Turiaf and Petro are largely above him in terms of level," said Bergeaud.

"Ian needs to work harder before applying to the national team."

http://fiba.com/pages/en/news/latest_news_article.asp?r_act_news=13633&r_cat=8&page=1

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 12:15 PM
http://fiba.com/pages/en/news/latest_news_article.asp?r_act_news=13633&r_cat=8&page=1
Kori, are you suggesting that he should be here or he shouldn't be here? The above quote could be interpreted either way.

Kori Ellis
07-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Kori, are you suggesting that he should be here or he shouldn't be here? The above quote could be interpreted either way.

Neither one :)
I haven't seen him enough to know, but from what I understand he's still about two years away from being NBA material.

I was just making note of the article, which says the coach picked Petro over Mahinmi and that Mahnimi needs to work harder to make the team.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Neither one :)
I haven't seen him enough to know, but from what I understand he's still about two years away from being NBA material.

I was just making note of the article, which says the coach picked Petro over Mahinmi and that Mahnimi needs to work harder to make the team.
Okay. It's good information either way. It tells me that if the Spurs end up with a roster spot and a need, maybe they pull the trigger on him now, but otherwise they can allow him to develop another year. The only concern is that the coach might have been implying that he doesn't work hard enough.

Mr. Body
07-06-2006, 12:21 PM
O_V, bringing over Mahinmi earlier is a huge mistake and may never be recoverable. Leave him against equivalent talent until he's ready.

I don't think the coach was saying he doesn't work hard enough, only that Ian has some hard work to do to get to the next level(s).

Kori Ellis
07-06-2006, 12:22 PM
The only concern is that the coach might have been implying that he doesn't work hard enough.

Yeah I'm not sure if that's how we should interpret that or not.

picnroll
07-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Couple of comments subject to interpretation using the microscope.

"He (Ian Mahinmi) did good things with the 'A' team but Turiaf and Petro are largely above him in terms of level," said Bergeaud.
Largely above him as in way above overall or largely above as in above in most areas.

"Ian needs to work harder before applying to the national team."
Is he not working har or just he's working hard but needs to keep it up to be at NT consideration level.

Bruno
07-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah I'm not sure if that's how we should interpret that or not.

The translation sucks.

The sentence from the coach in french is :

Il a encore besoin de travailler avant de pouvoir prétendre à l'équipe nationale

He still need to work before being able to postulate for the NT.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 01:06 PM
O_V, bringing over Mahinmi earlier is a huge mistake and may never be recoverable. Leave him against equivalent talent until he's ready.
That's probably the thing to do, but it isn't definitely a huge mistake to bring him over. If he needs to work harder, perhaps throwing him into the tank with the big fish would be good for him. Besides, if he knows the system backwards and forwards it can only help him as he develops.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 01:07 PM
The translation sucks.
No offense but it's about a thousand times better than yours. If someone that actually spoke French could interpret it further that might help

Mr. Body
07-06-2006, 01:10 PM
No offense but it's about a thousand times better than yours. If someone that actually spoke French could interpret it further that might help

Bruno speaks French. He may even live there. His translation has a different sense than the first one.

Mr. Body
07-06-2006, 01:12 PM
That's probably the thing to do, but it isn't definitely a huge mistake to bring him over. If he needs to work harder, perhaps throwing him into the tank with the big fish would be good for him. Besides, if he knows the system backwards and forwards it can only help him as he develops.

Moving a player too soon into the next level can kill budding talent. JR Smith is a prime example. He should have never went pro, should have gone to Duke as he planned, where Coach K's philosophies and firm teachings could have made him a great player, at least a decent one. Instead, he had a terrific McDonald's game and took the leap. He's struggled against superior talent and has floundered trying to become an adult.

Different situation in some ways with Mahinmi, but the past decade is riddled with young players who have broken in half trying to get into the pros too soon. He comes over too early, he may not develop a post game and only be a shot blocker. Who knows?

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 01:19 PM
His translation has a different sense than the first one.In that it makes almost none. The google translation makes more sense.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Moving a player too soon into the next level can kill budding talent. JR Smith is a prime example. He should have never went pro, should have gone to Duke as he planned, where Coach K's philosophies and firm teachings could have made him a great player, at least a decent one. Instead, he had a terrific McDonald's game and took the leap. He's struggled against superior talent and has floundered trying to become an adult.

Different situation in some ways with Mahinmi, but the past decade is riddled with young players who have broken in half trying to get into the pros too soon. He comes over too early, he may not develop a post game and only be a shot blocker. Who knows?
Oh I definitely agree that there's some risk. It might, however, help to develop a post game playing alongside one of the best of all time. There are probably worse mentors out there than Duncan. That's all I'm saying.

Bruno
07-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Bruno speaks French. He may even live there. His translation has a different sense than the first one.

Yes, I live in France and the article translation is wrong.
France's coach just say that Mahinmi is not ready to play with the french NT and not that he is lazy or that he doesn't work hard.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 01:30 PM
Yes, I live in France and the article translation is wrong.
France's coach just say that Mahinmi is not ready to play with the french NT and not that he is lazy or that he doesn't work hard.
That is an excellent translation. Thank you.

picnroll
07-06-2006, 03:25 PM
body and body-control look similar to that of a 18 year old kevin garnett.
Body control in the limit video available to date is what impresses me. That and the way he reads the play and the ball to get position. On a scale of 1 to 10 he's an 11 in those categories. Now he just needs to develop a little more low post offense, hopefully get a solid mid-range shot, and get stronger.

Mr. Body
07-06-2006, 03:42 PM
This may sound kind of weird, but he seems to really enjoy his body, too. By that, I mean enjoy what his body can do. He's enjoying dunking, he likes the feeling of playing well. He puts more effort into his warm-up dunks. That's a big part of loving the game.