PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a scouting report???

Darrin
07-05-2006, 03:09 AM
On Nazr Mohammad? You guys have watched this guy play for one-and-a-half seasons. You know the ins and outs of this guy, I'm sure. What are his strengths and weaknesses?

timvp
07-05-2006, 03:09 AM
Kori had a good scouting report. Maybe you'll get a copy and paste.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 03:10 AM
Check the Nazr to the Pistons thread... there's a lot of info.

Here's my post. http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1082005&postcount=237

Good luck :)

caŽlo
07-05-2006, 03:39 AM
g.i.g beat me to it. hehe

well.. he dunks though. :) that is if he is 100% open and doesnt pump fake 1000000000000000000000 times before taking the goddamn shot.

and again.. that is if he ever manages to hold the ball :)

Horry For 3!
07-05-2006, 03:43 AM
g.i.g beat me to it. hehe

well.. he dunks though. :) that is if he is 100% open and doesnt pump fake 1000000000000000000000 times before taking the goddamn shot.

and again.. that is if he ever manages to hold the ball :)
:lmao @ the pump fakes, that pissed me off the most

You are 7' tall, why the fuck are you pump faking and just slam the damn ball

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 04:27 AM
Here's the ESPN Insider scouting report on him going into the 2005-06 season, but keep in mind he really disappointed last year, and like I told another Pistons fan barring some new rule interpretation that permits the applications of Lester Hayes amounts of Stickum to his prone to ball dropping hand prepare to be cursing at the TV plenty for the next 5 or so years:
__________________________________________________ _______
Just a guess, but I'd say he's the best player ever whose first name ended in "zr." The "Spuzrs" acquired Mohammed from the Knicks at midseason after he had delivered a surprisingly potent offensive attack for New York. He wasn't quite as effective offensively in San Antonio, probably because he was over his head to begin with, but he gave San Antonio the rebounding and shot-making that Nesterovic couldn't.

Mohammed is a smart player who has a nose for the ball on the glass, resulting in one of the best Rebound Rates among centers. He's an outstanding help defender too. Mohammed doesn't block as many shots as Duncan or Rasho -- although he blocked shots at an uncharacteristically high rate in his 23 games as a Spurs -- but he can use his body to root out post players and will take charges.

Offensively, Mohammed has an ugly hitch in his jump shot and shoots mostly line drives, but he has become reasonably accurate with it from inside 12 feet. That and the offensive rebounds allow him to subsist as an offensive player despite having a limited post game and terrible hands. Overall, he's an upgrade from Nesterovic, and the Spurs probably wouldn't have won the title without him.

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 04:28 AM
That part about him being an outstanding help defender is shit btw^^.

timvp
07-05-2006, 04:29 AM
Mohammed is a smart player who has a nose for the ball on the glass, resulting in one of the best Rebound Rates among centers. He's an outstanding help defender too.

That might be the worst scouting report I ever read.

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 04:32 AM
That might be the worst scouting report I ever read.

Yeah John Hollinger might get fired over that one.

whottt
07-05-2006, 04:32 AM
Kiss your D goodbye...and say hello to a lot of under the basket bonehead TO's...

You been there and done that with the typcial inconsistent NBA C right? That's what you got...Except he's a really good FT shooter.

Darrin
07-05-2006, 04:41 AM
Kiss your D goodbye...and say hello to a lot of under the basket bonehead TO's...

You been there and done that with the typcial inconsistent NBA C right?

I think so. Zelly Rebraca is the only player to come to mind. You'll have to forgive me. The last 5 starting centers for the Pistons are Ben Wallace (2000-2006), Terry Mills (1999-00), Bison Dele (1997-1999), Otis Thorpe (1995-1997), and Mark West (1994-95).

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 04:48 AM
Here's my report on him.
Positives: He can rebound at a high rate and became a really good free throw shooter last year. Plus he has decent athleticism. Somewhat physical (at least more so than Rasho). Good offensive rebounder. Not a problem guy off the court. Has a couple of decent post moves.

Negatives: He gets so lost on defense you look at him at least once a game and wonder what the hell he is doing. Can drop any kind of pass thrown to him in any kind of situation-really versatile in this regard. Basketball IQ of 70-75- horrible almost at a Yinka Dare level. Legendarily bad hands. Tries to go back up with his Offensive rebounds instead of passing them back out-usually resulting in him getting stuffed. Awful hands. Slow to react. Did I mention he has bad hands?

exstatic
07-05-2006, 07:29 AM
His indian guide name is Blocked by Guards. Never seen a 7 footer who's shot get consistantly sent back by guys who are 6'2" and under. The pump fakes and butterfingers will get old, too.

strangeweather
07-05-2006, 09:03 AM
His indian guide name is Blocked by Guards.
:lmao

MrChug
07-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Mainly, all you need to know is HE AINT NO BEN WALLACE. You'll like his effort, and it'll be wierd to see your center make 2/3rds of his free throws, but that's about it.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2006, 09:58 AM
If Nazr is half as bad for the Pistons as you nimrods make him out to sound, I'll be really glad he's gone.

Mr. Body
07-05-2006, 10:13 AM
He'll be fine in an offensively oriented system, which Detroit will likely go for. He can get long-range rebounds from the perimeter shooters. Detroit doesn't have that many slashers who go for dump-off passes. Richard Hamilton has an excellent mid-range game and doesn't have to take it all the way in; the other slasher is Prince, who can usually finish by himself. (Otherwise the dump-off passes go astray...)

Obstructed_View
07-05-2006, 10:15 AM
I'll be interested to see how he plays if he shows up for camp.

SPARKY
07-05-2006, 10:22 AM
He'll be infuriating. At times he'll look awesome and rack up a bunch of boards and have some sweet jams. Then he'll follow that up by fumbling away passes and pump faking the shit out of the ball...or being entirely out of position and fucking up a defensive set.

My guess is that he very quickly engages the ire of Piston Fan. It's already tough enough for him being the following act for Big Ben. No center would survive that easily. But with his skill set, Piston Fan will be bitching about him in the 1st ten seconds of the 1st preseason game.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2006, 10:29 AM
I don't think Pistons fans have had enough success to be such frontrunning snobs like the Spurs fans have become.

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 10:34 AM
I don't think Pistons fans have had enough success to be such frontrunning snobs like the Spurs fans have become.

Give your souting report of him then, listing his positives and negatives.

exstatic
07-05-2006, 07:19 PM
It's being a snob to give a realistic assesment of a player that just didn't make it here? Call me a snob then. His bad points outnumber his good ones.
Good:
75-80% FTS
occasional bursts of ORebs
decent jumper out to 15

Bad:
Butter fingers
Butterbean brain
thinks you get points for every pump fake
completely disappears for long stretches
silly fouls often resulting in and1s

JamStone
07-05-2006, 07:25 PM

I'm 30 years old. So, as far as NBA titles, I've seen just as much success as any Spurs fans, seeing as I've been through THREE NBA TITLES. Plus, I've seen two other NBA FINALS in which the Pistons lost. FIVE NBA FINALS, THREE NBA TITLES.

Spurs fans have seen more success?

No offense, but fuck you.

Marklar MM
07-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Holy shit...Jam busts out with the first f-bomb I have seen from him in quite some time. Anyway, I really don't care about his offensive capabilities...remember, we had Ben Wallace. He pump faked a hell of a lot, and was a horrible finisher.

ShoogarBear
07-05-2006, 07:53 PM
So you're saying Piston fans are snobs, too?

Darrin
07-06-2006, 12:14 AM
So you're saying Piston fans are snobs, too?

I would. We're snobs when it comes to basketball. We have set ideas of the "right" way to play, and have abandoned the team, as a whole, when they became mediorcre, not bad.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 08:17 AM
I'm 30 years old. So, as far as NBA titles, I've seen just as much success as any Spurs fans, seeing as I've been through THREE NBA TITLES. Plus, I've seen two other NBA FINALS in which the Pistons lost. FIVE NBA FINALS, THREE NBA TITLES.

Spurs fans have seen more success?

No offense, but fuck you.
I stand corrected. You are a frontrunning snob. Happy? How was the experience of being through an NBA title at twelve anyway, dipshit? :lol

JamStone
07-06-2006, 08:24 AM
Good at math skills?

1989-1976 = 13
1990-1976 = 14

But, regardless, it was great.

How does it feel to be an asshole?

whottt
07-06-2006, 08:31 AM
decent jumper out to 15

I wouldn't got that far...maybe 3 or 4 times a year he has that...

He probably does have a better one than Wallace though.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 08:41 AM
Good at math skills?

1989-1976 = 13
1990-1976 = 14

But, regardless, it was great.

How does it feel to be an asshole?
I still think it's funny that you got your panties in a bunch over a backhanded insult aimed at Spurs fans. You are an idiot, do the math on that.

ShoogarBear
07-06-2006, 09:03 AM
I would. We're snobs when it comes to basketball. We have set ideas of the "right" way to play, and have abandoned the team, as a whole, when they became mediorcre, not bad.

Well, you always have the Lions. :spin

JamStone
07-06-2006, 09:12 AM
I still think it's funny that you got your panties in a bunch over a backhanded insult aimed at Spurs fans. You are an idiot, do the math on that.

Obstructed,

You're right, it did seem like I got my panties in a bunch over nothing. Doesn't really show all that well on the computer screen, but I wasn't all that serious. Just talking a little smack in an otherwise boring summer.

At any rate, fuck off anyway.

davi78239
07-06-2006, 09:35 AM
http://www.north-ok.edu/dmi/multimedia/showcase/05_summer/photoshop/images/heath_ps_butterfinger.jpg

That about sums him up.

:lmao

T Park
07-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Must be Obstructed's time of the month.

ShoogarBear
07-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Man, that would be nasty to be obstructed then . . .

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Obstructed,

You're right, it did seem like I got my panties in a bunch over nothing. Doesn't really show all that well on the computer screen, but I wasn't all that serious. Just talking a little smack in an otherwise boring summer.

At any rate, fuck off anyway.
:lol
Good. Glad to know we're both enjoying the exchanges.