PDA

View Full Version : mavs want Kenyon Martin

ducks
07-05-2006, 10:34 AM
Isiah can browse K-Mart

BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Isiah Thomas has another chance to acquire Kenyon Martin, his bum knee and his bloated contract.

With the Denver Nuggets having agreed to terms with Carmelo Anthony and Nene over the weekend, Martin never has been more available for the taking. Pairing Martin, a rugged power forward, with Eddy Curry is something Thomas has thought long and hard about since February. However, the Knicks are reluctant to part with Channing Frye, the most desired player on the roster.

Denver needs a shooting guard but the Nuggets have little interest in Steve Francis. Jamal Crawford is a possibility, especially coming off a good season. Denver would prefer salary cap relief in the form of an expiring contract like Maurice Taylor or Jalen Rose.

Thomas hinted last week that he didn't expect to make any significant changes to the roster. In fact, there are whispers around the league that James Dolan is reluctant to add another fat contract to his league-high payroll.

Martin is scheduled to earn $71 million over the next five years and is coming off a season in which he struggled with a surgically repaired knee. He also had an infamous falling-out with coach George Karl during the playoffs and was basically thrown off the team. The Mavericks reportedly are interested in Martin, who grew up in Dallas.

"You need a partner to make a trade," Karl told the Denver Post. "We're not going to hurt our team. We're only going to make our team better."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/432265p-364245c.html

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Isiah needs to put down the phone before he fucks up his team some more.

Streakyshooter08
07-05-2006, 10:37 AM
Well, I don't think this is true. Martin would not make a lot of sense for Dallas. I doubt he would want to come off the bench --> he plays Nowitzkys position... I doubt it will happen...

boutons_
07-05-2006, 10:41 AM
"his bum knee and his bloated contract."

Those are KMart's strongest points!! :lol

Isiah Thomas
07-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Isiah needs to put down the phone before he fucks up his team some more.

What are you kidding me, have you seen Martin. He is gold, he's got FINALS experience, you can't teach that. Plus he's another power forward to add to my point guard power forward army.

Solid D
07-05-2006, 10:44 AM
Mavs want everybody. They've supposedly offered their MLE as the starting point of a 3 year deal to Mike James, also.

Cuban must be thinking he saved $43M in lux tax last year waiving Finley, so anything under that is fiscal responsibility. :smokin

ducks
07-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Atleast There Is No Way The Spurs Can Get Him

Denver would prefer salary cap relief in the form

WELL I GUESS THEY DO HAVE AN EXPIRING CONTRACT :depressed

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2006, 11:04 AM
This can't be right, Buddy Holly told me yesterday that Cuban is practicing fiscal responsibility these days.

cheguevara
07-05-2006, 11:16 AM
that would be great and would guarantee Spurs to advance past Mavs.

George Gervin's Afro
07-05-2006, 11:28 AM
What are you kidding me, have you seen Martin. He is gold, he's got FINALS experience, you can't teach that. Plus he's another power forward to add to my point guard power forward army.

Sorry Isiah your right again!!

mabber
07-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Isiah can browse K-Mart

BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Isiah Thomas has another chance to acquire Kenyon Martin, his bum knee and his bloated contract.

With the Denver Nuggets having agreed to terms with Carmelo Anthony and Nene over the weekend, Martin never has been more available for the taking. Pairing Martin, a rugged power forward, with Eddy Curry is something Thomas has thought long and hard about since February. However, the Knicks are reluctant to part with Channing Frye, the most desired player on the roster.

Denver needs a shooting guard but the Nuggets have little interest in Steve Francis. Jamal Crawford is a possibility, especially coming off a good season. Denver would prefer salary cap relief in the form of an expiring contract like Maurice Taylor or Jalen Rose.

Thomas hinted last week that he didn't expect to make any significant changes to the roster. In fact, there are whispers around the league that James Dolan is reluctant to add another fat contract to his league-high payroll.

Martin is scheduled to earn $71 million over the next five years and is coming off a season in which he struggled with a surgically repaired knee. He also had an infamous falling-out with coach George Karl during the playoffs and was basically thrown off the team. The Mavericks reportedly are interested in Martin, who grew up in Dallas.

"You need a partner to make a trade," Karl told the Denver Post. "We're not going to hurt our team. We're only going to make our team better."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/432265p-364245c.html

Mavs aren't interested in KMart. Chad Ford said the Mavs are interested in an athletic 4 and decided that KMart fit that description and reported it in his ESPN Insider article. He never says that the Mavs are interested and I'm sure that's where this clown (above) got his "Mavs are interested in KMart" idea.

strangeweather
07-05-2006, 11:50 AM
Mavs aren't interested in KMart. Chad Ford said the Mavs are interested in an athletic 4 and decided that KMart fit that description and reported it in his ESPN Insider article. He never says that the Mavs are interested and I'm sure that's where this clown (above) got his "Mavs are interested in KMart" idea.
:lol

What would you guys do if Cuban really did trade for KMart? :hang

mabber
07-05-2006, 11:58 AM
:lol

What would you guys do if Cuban really did trade for KMart? :hang

I, for one, would not be happy. Now, if we were getting the KMart from 3-4 years ago I'd be ok with it.

Also, other than being involved in the money side of the trades, etc....Cuban really has nothing to do with any of the dealings. Donny Nelson & Avery (& staff) decide who they're interested in and present that to Cuban to see if it's doable from the money/contract side. Unlike Jerry Jones, Cuban has never got very involved in the player evaluation side of the business.

bdictjames
07-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Mavs don't need another big man to get boards and block shots. They've already got Dirk / Dampier/ Diop for that. Martin's just gonna get limited minutes

aaronstampler
07-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Martin would be a perfect fit for the Mavs. I was just thinking the other day that I can't possibly hate them anymore than I do, and now this.

Just like TO going to the Cowboys really, it was perfect. Saved me the trouble of having a new least favorite team. I think a Bledsoe for Vick trade would actually make my head explode the team would be so evil.

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Martin would be a perfect fit for the Mavs. I was just thinking the other day that I can't possibly hate them anymore than I do, and now this.

Just like TO going to the Cowboys really, it was perfect. Saved me the trouble of having a new least favorite team. I think a Bledsoe for Vick trade would actually make my head explode the team would be so evil.

:lmao :lmao

mabber
07-05-2006, 01:11 PM

I'd take Vick over Bledsoe everyday :spin

Dirk Nowitzki
07-05-2006, 01:48 PM
No! I dont want that thug on my team. I need to cuss out guys who are less thuggish for not bailing me out in the clutch. If I cursed out K-mart, he would kick my ass and might take Hasslehoff away from me :oops

ChumpDumper
07-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Please God let this happen. With KVH gone they need a new tiki idol to bring them bad luck.

mabber
07-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Please God let this happen. With KVH gone they need a new tiki idol to bring them bad luck.

No worries, ChumpDumper. I think KVH will, unfortunately, be back next season.

texlawman
07-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Well if Frank Isola said it I'm sure it's true. He truly is the last word on Dallas sports happenings. :lol

ChumpDumper
07-05-2006, 02:05 PM
No worries, ChumpDumper. I think KVH will, unfortunately, be back next season.WOW!

If you get both, you'll never make it out of the first round!

ponky
07-05-2006, 02:19 PM
There are few ballers I can stand less than K-Mart, soooooooooo, I'm sure that article about the Mavs being interested in him is pure b*llshit. Now if we can just move KVH I'll be happy.

leemajors
07-05-2006, 02:31 PM
yeah i don't like this player so this can't be true.

ponky
07-05-2006, 02:42 PM
yeah i don't like this player so this can't be true.

exactly, thanks for understanding oh mighty God of Logical Reasoning
:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
07-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Well, it is exactly what you said.

ponky
07-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Well, it is exactly what you said.

it's called wishful thinking, spurs fans should know something about this