PDA

View Full Version : Catching Up With Casper

Ghost Writer
07-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Hello, again.

It's finally okay for me to talk about things again.

I know all of what I am about to write has been covered and beaten to death, but I just wanted to check in and see what's up and what is the latest in Spursland.

That Western Conference Finals debacle hurt me big time. I don't know how you lose on your own home floor like that after such a courageous series and determined Game 7 comeback.

Please explain to me how you foul the other team's 7-foot star on his way to the basket up by 3 with about 20 seconds to go... and let him make the basket and-one!

Better yet, don't.

It's over and we blew it.

I boycotted watching most of the Finals out of disgust and pain.

So anyway...

I am thrilled with the Rasho move and am okay with losing Nazr.

Why?

Well, the Spurs are obviously clearing cash with the two Toronto guys in the last year of their contracts.

Bonner is actually pretty decent and I could see him starting, believe it or not.

Eric Williams, you may recall, is a cat who I've compared to Bowen in the past.

The Spurs want to be able to match up and run more with the Mavs, so I am okay with these moves. No more Rasho!

I am out of the loop, so who are the Spurs targeting?

Is it too much to ask for Chris Bosh? And why would Toronto take on more money if they need to re-sign Bosh?

Someone quickly get me up to speed so I don't have to sift through all the long, yet informative, threads on this board.

I need instant gratification.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 12:28 PM
Hey what's up?

Spurs are supposedly bringing in Javtokas for sure, looking at possible trades (moving Barry or whoever) and then targeting some of the lower level bigs in free agency ... maybe Jarron Collins, Lorenzen Wright, etc.

I think they will probably look at Jarred Jeffries (though he's restricted). They are considering putting together a trade package for Magloire but don't think they have enough to get him (he has 1 year/8M left on his contract).

They made a stab at Przybilla but I guess didn't want him that much because they didn't offer five years.

That's about it.

LJ likes Bonner too. I'm not sold.

Ghost Writer
07-05-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't like any of the insight, Kori, because all those centers you mentioned either suck, are past their prime, are injury prone or aren't worth it.

We just got rid of Rasho; I don't want another one in return.

I have no idea how much flexibility the SPurs will have with E-Will and Boner off the books next summer, but I can live with Bonner starting this year to get someone good next summer.

I picked up Binner on my fantasy team last year and he was good for a double double when given enough time off the bench.

He's quality.

Solid D
07-05-2006, 12:33 PM
Spurs are looking forward to the 2nd rounder next year that they got from the Bucks.

Spurs adding Javtokas, we think, and looking for one more Center. If they can't make a trade, they will go shopping at Dollar Tree for a C, third PG and a Wing with size.

Welcome back.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 12:35 PM
I don't like any of the insight, Kori, because all those centers you mentioned either suck, are past their prime, are injury prone or aren't worth it.

We just got rid of Rasho; I don't want another one in return.

I have no idea how much flexibility the SPurs will have with E-Will and Boner off the books next summer, but I can live with Bonner starting this year to get someone good next summer.

I picked up Binner on my fantasy team last year and he was good for a double double when given enough time off the bench.

He's quality.

I don't like it either but that's reality :lol

The Spurs only have the MLE (5.4M) to spend right now (if we assume they are giving the LLE to Javtokas). So they don't have much room to work.

Who knows though, they might be able to get involved as a 3rd team in a trade and pick up someone quality that way.

Ghost Writer
07-05-2006, 12:35 PM
'Sup, Solid?

So Beno is gone, too. I like that kid and in retrospect, think NVE's mere presence stunted his maturation as a player. I will be sad to see him go.

I'd rather work in the bigs we have than get tied up with th avalble centers out there.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Beno isn't gone.

But teams are calling about him.

Ghost Writer
07-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Kori, the Spurs should just wait until next year to address the center spot when they'll have more $ off the books!

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 12:39 PM
Kori, the Spurs should just wait until next year to address the center spot when they'll have more $ off the books!

Even with Bonner and Williams off the books next summer, they'll still likely be over the salary cap and just have the MLE again.

ducks
07-05-2006, 12:39 PM
no they will not have more money

ian might be the center
but he is atleast 1 year away from coming...

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Does that guy really have a million posts? Sorry to interrupt.

Solid D
07-05-2006, 12:41 PM
Ghost Writer and Marcus Bryant are sole members of the Million Post round-table.

Buddy Holly
07-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Tony/Summer league player
Manu/Finley
Bowen/Smith/Williams
Tim/Jeffies/Horry/Bonner
Hunter/Javtokas/Marks

Quadzilla99
07-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Damn...TY.

Buddy Holly
07-05-2006, 12:43 PM
No they don't have a million posts.

If they did.... that's just be really sad.

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2006, 12:48 PM
It still wouldn't be as sad as posting stolen pics of downtown San Antonio on a forum dedicated to the Backdoor Boyz.

Welcome Back, Hombre Casper. :hat

timvp
07-05-2006, 12:48 PM
What up, Caspah?

I had to set Spurs fans straight on Bonner. Kid has game and can stroke the three ball.

Other than that, it's your typical Holting Pattern around here. Spurs aren't offering any contracts longer than four-years because they want to clear cap space in 2011. No joke.

Hopefully the Spurs make a trade or sign someone decent but there's been nothing talked about in the media or by players' agents that indicate that.

Same Old Spurs.

:smokin

ducks
07-05-2006, 12:49 PM
who are the fa's in 2011

Buddy Holly
07-05-2006, 12:50 PM
It still wouldn't be as sad as posting stolen pics of downtown San Antonio on a forum dedicated to the Backdoor Boyz.

:lol :lol

No, it'd be sadder.

Whats even more pathetic is you truly believe it'd make you cool.

I mean that picture of you, it got you some Myspace ass but you feel you have to take it to the next level with that million post count.

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2006, 12:52 PM
myspace? Are you posting stolen pics there too?

PS..never had an account there.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 12:52 PM
:lol :lol

No, it'd be sadder.

Whats even more pathetic is you truly believe it'd make you cool.

I mean that picture of you, it got you some Myspace ass but you feel you have to take it to the next level with that million post count.

Can you stick to the topic in any thread?

Simmer down.

Solid D
07-05-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm doing fine, G-Dub, thanks.

The prevalent debate here has been various forms of "Small-ball defense" and whether Pop should face "Court" Marshal or not.

Buddy Holly
07-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Can you stick to the topic in any thread?

Simmer down.

What?

So if I get ripped I can't respond and defend myself.

Got damn.

Protect your boy MB all you want but don't tell me to keep it on topic when I never even changed it in the first place.

ducks
07-05-2006, 12:54 PM
ghost did spurs not win because no headband?

polandprzem
07-05-2006, 12:54 PM
I don't know nothing about the spurs so I wanted to just say HI !

DirkAB
07-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Ghost Writer and Marcus Bryant are sole members of the Million Post round-table.

Is that a glitch or have they really posted that many times? If it is legit, how many posts does that averaged out to be a day? I'm absolutely baffled by that number of posts.

Buddy Holly
07-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Is that a glitch or have they really posted that many times? If it is legit, how many posts does that averaged out to be a day? I'm absolutely baffled by that number of posts.

They're real post count is found in the first 4 numbers.

Quadzilla99

Ditto. I'm callin Bullshit on that.

Kori Ellis

GhostWriter and Marcus Bryant have been posting with timvp on several boards for 10 years. So when we moved to this software, we just estimated the post counts at a million :lol

Marcus Bryant
07-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Our post counts are tied to the number of times Backdoor Buddy references San Antonio's population growth in the forum.

Anyways, enough with the sideshow, it's time to get GW up to speed.

ducks
ghost used to post more then mb

Kori Ellis
They're real post count is found in the first 4 numbers.

No it's not.

I didn't carry their post count over from the ezboard software like I did everyone else's. Their post count is higher than the last four digits.

Kori Ellis
Anyway, back on topic ... we are trying to get GW back in the Spurs loop.

polandprzem
07-05-2006, 12:59 PM
I will catch Casper up with the posts.

picnroll
07-05-2006, 01:00 PM
2007-2008

Tim Duncan $19,014,187
Tony Parker $10,500,000
Emanuel Ginobili $9,075,000
Brent Barry $5,554,370
Bruce Bowen $4,125,000
Robert Horry $3,630,000
Michael Finley $3,103,000
Fabricio Oberto $2,500,000
Beno Udrih $2,603,172

Team options

Salary as it stands now for 2007 - 60,104,729
Not renewing team options - 53,376,557
By trading Barry for an expiring, moving Horry and his buyout - 44,192,187

Sign me up for the Holting Pattern V2.0

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-05-2006, 01:00 PM
What?

So if I get ripped I can't respond and defend myself.

Got damn.

Protect your boy MB all you want but don't tell me to keep it on topic when I never even changed it in the first place.

It's not about you not defending yourself, it's about you throwing out personal insults on every fucking thread that have absolutely nothing to do with said thread.

It's the same shit you used to do over at sarsreport. Fucking grow up already or go back there to post your drivel.

polandprzem
07-05-2006, 01:01 PM
Anyway, back on topic ... we are trying to get GW back in the Spurs loop.

Casper - some spurs fans thinks Ian is good enough to be with the spurs and that he can be in S5 defending other teams Pf's.
Also after they saw javtokas highlights they are thinking about him as another Amare.

btw. I boycotted all the NBA after the spurs lost

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 01:01 PM
2007-2008

Tim Duncan $19,014,187
Tony Parker $10,500,000
Emanuel Ginobili $9,075,000
Brent Barry $5,554,370
Bruce Bowen $4,125,000
Robert Horry $3,630,000
Michael Finley $3,103,000
Fabricio Oberto $2,500,000
Beno Udrih $2,603,172

Team options

Salary as it stands now for 2007 - 60,104,729
Not renewing team options - 53,376,557
By trading Barry for an expiring, moving Horry and his buyout - 44,192,187

Sign me up for the Holting Pattern V2.0

So you wouldn't want Bowen back for 07-08?

picnroll
07-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Let him renew and string it out.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Let him renew and string it out.

Okay that makes sense. You are right. Maybe he can help the Spurs save some money for the 3rd time in his career.

picnroll
07-05-2006, 01:07 PM
And I'd like some of that money in out years to be off the books as a member of the coaching staff.

polandprzem
07-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Okay that makes sense. You are right. Maybe he can help the Spurs save some money for the 3rd time in his career.

Third?

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Third?

When he originally got here, he took a minimum contract instead of going elsewhere for a much bigger deal.

When his last contract was up, he opted out of the final year, then signed a new contract which started at less money than his option year -- freeing up space to get the Spurs other players signed.

So I would consider it the third if he opted out and signed for less.

polandprzem
07-05-2006, 01:13 PM
When he originally got here, he took a minimum contract instead of going elsewhere for a much bigger deal.

When his last contract was up, he opted out of the final year, then signed a new contract which started at less money than his option year -- freeing up space to get the Spurs other players signed.

I didn't knew about the first one. Were tthere teams that wanted him for more then minimum?

FromWayDowntown
07-05-2006, 01:14 PM

I think anyone would consider it the third time and I can't imagine the Spurs would ask Bowen to do that again.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 01:21 PM
I didn't knew about the first one. Were tthere teams that wanted him for more then minimum?

I believe Portland wanted him for a 3year/10-12M deal or something like that.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 01:31 PM
The infamous ghost writer.

spurster
07-05-2006, 01:34 PM
We need you back GW to increase the quality of the posts, at least judging by this thread.

From what can be gleaned, the Spurs are now considering any number of options, almost none of which have anything to do with doing better in the playoffs, though I think getting Bonner was a good move. We'll see whether it pays off.

rascal
07-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Yes and almost all of them arguing with one another.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 01:38 PM
W3rd

I should have my post count carried over from SR.

rascal
07-05-2006, 01:39 PM
I didn't want Bowen on the spurs right from the beginning. They won despite him.

Kori Ellis
07-05-2006, 01:39 PM
I didn't want Bowen on the spurs right from the beginning. They won despite him.

:sleep

I wasn't asking you.

furry_spurry
07-05-2006, 01:40 PM
Is it too much to ask for Chris Bosh? And why would Toronto take on more money if they need to re-sign Bosh?

Toronto still has over $10M in cap room- even with Rasho's contract. :)

drpill
07-05-2006, 02:31 PM
I demand a GW-MB sparring match and a new timvp Spurs rap.

While you're at it maybe someone can take me down a pants size and send me back to the unemployment line so I have time to post more often.

Memories...

1Parker1
07-05-2006, 03:30 PM
What's new with the Spurs?

--We traded away a soft center who could barely make a layup to save his life.

--We traded away another butter-thumbfingered center who could barely make a catch to save his life.

--We are contemplating trading away our 2nd string young PG who can barely bring the ball up the court without turning it over to save his life.

--We may or may not get our infamous Lithuanian forward Javtokas to sign with us and save our season.

--Our other famous Argentian recruit, Scola is all but out of the picture. He will now simply be trade bait.

--We did not get to sign any of the famous FA we (and some :drunk Spurs fans hoped to) including, Ben Wallace (Bulls), former Spurs savior Devin Brown (GS), Pryzbilla (Toronto), Jefferies (Wiz, although he's still in the running, I'm doubtful we'll land him), AI (will most likely go to Boston to the sadness of some Spurs fans).

Basically, we're right where we were when we played Dallas in the semi-conference Finals, without two centers and an aging bench. However, we did add Bonner into the mix, so we'll see how that works out.

Basically that is the Spurs offseason thus far. Welcome back :)

IcemanCometh
07-05-2006, 03:52 PM
feh

SequSpur
07-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Bandwagoner Forum.

SequSpur
07-05-2006, 05:24 PM

--We traded away another butter-thumbfingered center who could barely make a catch to save his life.

--We are contemplating trading away our 2nd string young PG who can barely bring the ball up the court without turning it over to save his life.

--We may or may not get our infamous Lithuanian forward Javtokas to sign with us and save our season.

--Our other famous Argentian recruit, Scola is all but out of the picture. He will now simply be trade bait.

--We did not get to sign any of the famous FA we (and some :drunk Spurs fans hoped to) including, Ben Wallace (Bulls), former Spurs savior Devin Brown (GS), Pryzbilla (Toronto), Jefferies (Wiz, although he's still in the running, I'm doubtful we'll land him), AI (will most likely go to Boston to the sadness of some Spurs fans).

Basically, we're right where we were when we played Dallas in the semi-conference Finals, without two centers and an aging bench. However, we did add Bonner into the mix, so we'll see how that works out.

Basically that is the Spurs offseason thus far. Welcome back :)

Pretty good breakdown from the window shopping gang.

Pop's plan is finally taking shape.

The wrong one.

1Parker1
07-06-2006, 09:17 AM
Pretty good breakdown from the window shopping gang.

:lol :flipoff

Ghost Writer
07-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Hi, timvp, my dawg Marcus and all the rest of the best.

This 1Parker1 gives a great rundown.

Approve.

Approve.

Dissaprove.

Who has more upside or do we assume Javtokas based on what we know already about Scola?

--We did not get to sign any of the famous FA we (and some Spurs fans hoped to) including, Ben Wallace (Bulls), former Spurs savior Devin Brown (GS), Pryzbilla (Toronto), Jefferies (Wiz, although he's still in the running, I'm doubtful we'll land him), AI (will most likely go to Boston to the sadness of some Spurs fans).

None of these guys are difference makers besides Wallace and AI. And AI is awesome, but after a only a few of cameos here during Year One of marriage... even I know Iverson would not be a good fit for the Spurs.

Round pegs, round holes.

Bonner will surprise. He produces and plays hard and has range as well as rebounding ability for a big man. He can match up nice with Dirk, I think.

Basically that is the Spurs offseason thus far. Welcome back

Why didn't we make a push for Tyson Chandler, who is basically a younger Marcus Camby?

Another bold thought...

I have grown to respect Bruce Bowen despite his inadequacies and appreciate how he's been flexible in negotiations with the front office over the years.

But at this point, I don't think he's much more than Eric Williams.

Save money and cut ties or would that not show class?

Do we care?

This roster reminds me of when we got smoked by the Lakers back in the day (we got old real fast).

strangeweather
07-06-2006, 02:45 PM
Why didn't we make a push for Tyson Chandler, who is basically a younger Marcus Camby?

5 years, $54 million.

1Parker1
07-06-2006, 02:57 PM

Dissaprove.

I believe this trade would involve the Sixers and Steven Hunter/John Salmons, you still dissaprove?

Who has more upside or do we assume Javtokas based on what we know already about Scola?

There's some sort of problem with Scola's buyout with his current team over there...Spurs just don't think he's worth the trouble and/or the money he is asking for seeing as how he is old and slow...would not be a good matchup to solve our Dirk problem. Some :drunk Spurs fans seem to think that Javtokas could be our starter next season when we win our championship, I have my doubts on that. Keep in mind these are the same :drunk Spurs fans who thought we had a 1% or more chance of landing Ben Wallace :lmao

--We did not get to sign any of the famous FA we (and some Spurs fans hoped to) including, Ben Wallace (Bulls), former Spurs savior Devin Brown (GS), Pryzbilla (Toronto), Jefferies (Wiz, although he's still in the running, I'm doubtful we'll land him), AI (will most likely go to Boston to the sadness of some Spurs fans).

None of these guys are difference makers besides Wallace and AI. And AI is awesome, but after a only a few of cameos here during Year One of marriage... even I know Iverson would not be a good fit for the Spurs.

As a native Philadelphian, I wouldn't mind a AI for Parker trade. I'd finally buy season tickets to the Sixers games :makeout

[B]Bonner will surprise. He produces and plays hard and has range as well as rebounding ability for a big man. He can match up nice with Dirk, I think.

:lmao I believe Timvp had the same high hopes at the begining of last season when we signed Nick the Not-so-Quick anymore :drunk

Spurs don't have the money, that's why.

Another bold thought...

I have grown to respect Bruce Bowen despite his inadequacies and appreciate how he's been flexible in negotiations with the front office over the years.

But at this point, I don't think he's much more than Eric Williams.

Save money and cut ties or would that not show class?

Do we care?

Blasphemy!! Kori will have your head for even speaking such a thought! :)

Seriously though, Bruce Bowen isn't going anywhere, he took two paycuts during his stay here, he's the staple of our defense, he's going to retire a Spur.

This roster reminds me of when we got smoked by the Lakers back in the day (we got old real fast).

:lol Thank God the Lakers are no more.

Ghost Writer
07-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Hunter and/or Salmons for Beno would be huge.

Bonner is not 90 like NVE.

polandprzem
07-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Damn I'm still waiting what the spurs will do to improve.
They did nothing plus they are older then last year.

Manu MAY still be the real deal but you never know.

Bonner is not the one I espect to be "not fucking up the starting lineup player". And he is frontcourter.
We are old - not much athletic. The futire was yesterday and we blew it.

1Parker1
07-07-2006, 01:09 PM
Hunter and/or Salmons for Beno would be huge.

Bonner is not 90 like NVE.

:lol I agree that Hunter/Salmons would be huge and as a Philly native, I can see how that trade would be good for both teams...especially since the Sixers need a 3 point shooter like Barry, whom I think would start for the Sixers, and a young, distributing PG like Beno...especially if they decide to go through with the AI trade.

Spurs get a defensive player and a backup PG. WIN-WIN for both teams :tu

Marc Cuban
07-07-2006, 03:55 PM
1,000,000 million posts those guys obsess over basketball more than me.