PDA

View Full Version : Mike James to Dallas?

BigD1
07-05-2006, 04:54 PM
Don't know how true this is but Galloway, a DMN's beat writer, has claimed on radio that Mike James is indeed a Dallas Maverick. Don't know terms of contract or validity of this statement. If true, he would be the missing versatile 2 guard Dallas was missing.

atxrocker
07-05-2006, 04:55 PM
i would be fucking pissed if this happens

Vizzini
07-05-2006, 04:56 PM
that would be a great pickup for the Mavs, if it is true.

LEONARD
07-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Son of a bitch!!

I hope it's true :fro

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Mike James to dallas?? why would they want a shoot first point guard when they already have a Jason Terry and Devin Harris? They already have Stackhouse Josh Howard Marques Daniels at 2 and 3. Hell i'll be happy if they really do sign him because he will jus take minutes and shots from the people listed above and Dirk.

:elephant

BigD1
07-05-2006, 05:07 PM
Yes, I know, and they also picked up Mo' Ager from Michigan State. another versatile athletic swingman. I think this means Daniels and/or Stack is gone. Hell, maybe even Harris. But obviously if this is true, somebody is going to have to leave.

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 05:08 PM
Stack and Daniels> >>>Ager and james

atxrocker
07-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Hell, maybe even Harris. But obviously if this is true, somebody is going to have to leave.

I have said before and will say again, this guy is going to be a stud. Dallas should hold on to him and develop the fuckin kid. Move one of the other pieces. Trust me, after giving up G.Wallace to Charlotte I know you will regret this move. Look how solid Wallace is now.

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Maybe Stackhouse Daniels Diop for Kenyon Martin?

StylisticS
07-05-2006, 05:14 PM
If we trade Harris, I will be pissed at the highest level of insanity. His potential is great and should not be traded whatsoever. Especially for a 31 year old point guard.

leemajors
07-05-2006, 05:20 PM
i don't think james wants to be a sub at this point in his career, especially after last season.

BigD1
07-05-2006, 05:21 PM
I have said before and will say again, this guy is going to be a stud. Dallas should hold on to him and develop the fuckin kid. Move one of the other pieces. Trust me, after giving up G.Wallace to Charlotte I know you will regret this move. Look how solid Wallace is now.I agree. Harris is going to be really good one day. I hope Dallas doesn't let him go. But he still makes a lot of rookie mistakes, and he can't shoot for shit. The truth is, Dallas is looking at a 2-3 yr window of championship contention. James is a proven player on both sides of the floor. I think with he and Terry starting and Harris and Stack/or Daniels and Ager off the bench will make Dallas deeper(quality) and stronger in the starting line up.

loveforthegame
07-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Good signing for the Mavs if the report is true. I wonder who caved? Did Dallas give in to the 5 years or did James settle for the 3 year deal?

LEONARD
07-05-2006, 05:23 PM
Mike James to dallas?? why would they want a shoot first point guard when they already have a Jason Terry and Devin Harris? They already have Stackhouse Josh Howard Marques Daniels at 2 and 3. Hell i'll be happy if they really do sign him because he will jus take minutes and shots from the people listed above and Dirk.

:elephant

Stack - 40% FG, 28% on 3's

Daniels - 48% FG, 21% on 3's (he's not a shooter...he gets his pts around the basket)

Harris - 47% FG, 27% on 3's, not really a shooter yet, and definitely not a "shoot first" PG...

James - 47% FG, 44% on 3's (more steals and reb's per game than Stack...more assists than Harris & Terry)

I expect Daniels to be gone in a trade...and possibly Stack...

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 05:27 PM
I'd personally take Stackhouse Harris Daniels over Mike James anyday

MaNu4Tres
07-05-2006, 05:27 PM
meh about Daniels though

Supergirl
07-05-2006, 05:33 PM
If Mavs are looking at James (and I don't know why they would be) they must not be all that high on Devin Harris, who I think they should prioritize over Terry OR James. But hey, they didn't ask me.

Harris, Daniels, and Stackhouse (much as I hate him) were some of the best players in the playoffs. Why would they let them walk over some draft pick who will take a year or two (at least!) to find his role, and a guy who looked good on a lottery bound team? Doesn't make sense.

BUT - if the Mavs let Daniels go, I would lobby hard for the Spurs to pick him up. He'd fit in great for the Spurs, and would have helped a lot in their match up against the Mavs this year.

Shank
07-05-2006, 05:36 PM
They wouldn't just let Daniels go if he was going to be moved, so you can stop holding your breath on that. He's got 4 years left on his contract and is owed a lot of money. If anything, he'd be traded and you can probably suspect that SA is the last place he'd go.

leemajors
07-05-2006, 05:37 PM
If Mavs are looking at James (and I don't know why they would be) they must not be all that high on Devin Harris, who I think they should prioritize over Terry OR James. But hey, they didn't ask me.

Harris, Daniels, and Stackhouse (much as I hate him) were some of the best players in the playoffs. Why would they let them walk over some draft pick who will take a year or two (at least!) to find his role, and a guy who looked good on a lottery bound team? Doesn't make sense.

BUT - if the Mavs let Daniels go, I would lobby hard for the Spurs to pick him up. He'd fit in great for the Spurs, and would have helped a lot in their match up against the Mavs this year.

james can take and make huge shots, he proved that in detroit in 04. but he is looking to start for someone like Houston, where he has a home and has expressed interest in returning to. i would be shocked if he signed with dallas for sub minutes.

Horry For 3!
07-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Yes, I know, and they also picked up Mo' Ager from Michigan State. another versatile athletic swingman. I think this means Daniels and/or Stack is gone. Hell, maybe even Harris. But obviously if this is true, somebody is going to have to leave.
Mavs have been tryin to get rid of Daniels for awhile.

mavsfan1000
07-05-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't understand why Daniels is not given a chance for Dallas. Avery loves Stackhole so much and I don't understand why. He is a volume shooter that shoots a poor percentage, turnover prone, doesn't rebound, and doesn't defend. All he has is a snarl which doesn't do much if your game doesn't fit your attitude.

ChumpDumper
07-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Panic signings -- rarely a good idea.

furry_spurry
07-05-2006, 06:56 PM
While Toronto has had interest in using James in a S&T, it has been my understanding for some time that Dallas has no one the Raptors want- including Daniels. Will see if that holds true.

BigD1
07-05-2006, 07:06 PM
I don't understand why Daniels is not given a chance for Dallas. Avery loves Stackhole so much and I don't understand why. He is a volume shooter that shoots a poor percentage, turnover prone, doesn't rebound, and doesn't defend. All he has is a snarl which doesn't do much if your game doesn't fit your attitude.I understand your fustration, but Daniels has not proven anything in the 3 yrs he's been in Dallas. His inside game is above average, his defense is average, his rebounding is average, his shooting stinks, his decision making skills are still suspect after 3 yrs in the league, and his contract is way too big. Sure, he had a great rookie season, and he's dealt with injuries since then, but when he was given ample pt, he hardly ever showed up.
Stack on the other hand, has been one of Dallas' most consistent and clutch players in the playoffs the past 2 yrs. Sure, he gets a little trigger happy at times, but when he's on...he's on. He is one of the best players in the NBA off the bench, who is very versatile on the offensive end. Don't forget, Dallas does not beat SA without Stack. He was huge in that series and every other series except the Miami series. But then again...who for Dallas was huge in that series. I don't know, but I think Daniels is definitely expendable.

BigD1
07-05-2006, 07:10 PM
While Toronto has had interest in using James in a S&T, it has been my understanding for some time that Dallas has no one the Raptors want- including Daniels. Will see if that holds true.Yeah, like I said, I heard it on the radio, so we must treat this like a forum rumor until something concrete becomes available. Although, another poster on Dallasbasketball.com wrote that he heard Galloway say he got his info from the same source that told him about the resigning of Terry. But, nothing official has been made.

mavsfan1000
07-05-2006, 07:34 PM
If I were Avery I would use this lineup next year.
C Diop/Dampier/Mbenga
PF Nowitzki/Powell/Howard
SF Howard/Stackhouse
SG Daniels/Harris/Stackhouse
PG Terry/Harris. I think Harris is best used as a 6th man though against San Antonio he is needed to guard Parker. Against everyone else Daniels should start and get about 20 MPG. This way Stackhouse and Harris can get their usual minutes.

Findog
07-05-2006, 08:41 PM
James can play perimeter defense. That was a fatal weakness for us last year. That and Bennett Salvatore. That's why Dallas is getting him -- because we're trying to win now. You not only have to deal with Wade, but there's LeBron, Kobe, TMac, Manu. All year long perimeter defense was the chink in the armor and it finally caught up to us in the Finals. Plus, look around at the NBA landscape next year. Amare is coming back. Yao and TMac healthy means a resurgent Houston. The Spurs window hasn't closed. Sacramento hasn't had a full season with Artest. The Hornets are vastly improved. The Clippers are keeping their core together. If the Lakers ever fire Kupchak and start surrounding Kobe with talent, then they're back in the mix. Even though Dallas as a team is young, ask Barkley or Ewing about getting back to the Finals. James is the perimeter defender they lacked last year, and because he has an offensive game, they don't have to worry about matchups or playing 4 on 5. They have to go for it now, because Lebron and Wade are going to keep a lot of their peers from winning rings, just like Jordan did.

I don't think Donnie and AJ are stupid enough to give up on Harris yet. The only holes in his game are bad defense and lack of a reliable outside shot. He has the lateral quickness to become a good on the ball defender and I don't see why he can't develop a decent jumper with enough time spent in the gym.

Marc Cuban
07-05-2006, 08:44 PM
After that we plan to sign more pgs it's all part of our plan to have no one to put on the court when we play Kobe and Lebron. No one over 6'3 is allowed in our backcourt.

Marc Cuban
07-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Yes Bennet Salvatore screwed us I'm convinced he sneezed when Dirk went for that free throw in game 3 and he tricked Howard into calling that TO. I will get to the bottom of this.

Dirk Nowitzki
07-05-2006, 08:48 PM
Marc!!! I was just talking about how they screwed me over on my free throws! please tell me you reviewing that bs of them not giving me all the calls.

Bob Lanier
07-05-2006, 10:24 PM
James's defense has always been tremendously overrated, but he's been particularly bothered by the removal of handchecking. He's nowhere close to the defender that Devin Harris is. And, for that matter, he's nowhere close to the offensive player Jason Terry is, either. Bad signing for the Mavs, especially if the aboverumored trades end up happening.

BigD1
07-05-2006, 10:25 PM
I guess the rumors were true!!! Yes!! I love the Mike James acquisition. The Daniels for Croshere trade is iffy, but it was a trade that had to made. Dallas would have had too many players at the same position. Daniels contract was way too big for his "lack of" talent. Croshere isn't great, but he has a much more workable contract and it expires next year. Besides, he can't be worse than KVH. and with the improvement of Josh Powell and the resigning of Mbenga(can and will play some PF), Dallas will be more than ok at the pf position. The big picture though, is the upgrade at the 2 position which ultimately makes our bench better with Harris coming off of it. And Mo' Ager.
Dallas now has a better starting 5 and a deeper bench. Good moves!

Amarelooms
07-05-2006, 10:27 PM
James's defense has always been tremendously overrated, but he's been particularly bothered by the removal of handchecking. He's nowhere close to the defender that Devin Harris is. And, for that matter, he's nowhere close to the offensive player Jason Terry is, either. Bad signing for the Mavs, especially if the aboverumored trades end up happening.

lol ok dude....I'd trade Daniels for James any day.....Croshere is just an expiring contract that will be moved later this season should he not fit in. If James is not signed then Ager will get some PT and the Mavs will likely pickup a vet to also play some guard/small forward. Daniels was NOT going to play much here in Dallas....more of a financial move....no biggie.

ABDENOUR POWER
07-05-2006, 10:32 PM
James can play perimeter defense.

Not since the rule changes. James was a good perimeter defender in Detroit because he'd put his hands all over players. Now that he can no longer do that, his D has taken a serious step down.

BigD1
07-05-2006, 10:32 PM
James's defense has always been tremendously overrated, but he's been particularly bothered by the removal of handchecking. He's nowhere close to the defender that Devin Harris is. And, for that matter, he's nowhere close to the offensive player Jason Terry is, either. Bad signing for the Mavs, especially if the aboverumored trades end up happening.I disagree. I thought he was the best defender on that Houston team a few yrs ago in the playoffs. Not to mention the most consistent,after T-Mac of course. I think he is a better "on man" defender than Harris is right now. Harris will get better, but he stills gets confused on his rotations and tries to draw too many ill advised charges that never go his way. MJames is a much more experienced and polished defender. As far as "not being anywhere near the offensive player Terry is", well Dallas is not wanting him to be better than Terry, just effecient. Something Daniels and Griffin could not do. Miami had it easy with Griff and Daniels playing the 2, cause they knew they could just play off of them. They won't be able to do that with James and his great fg% and 3pt%. This a major upgrade for Dallas. Great move.

Bob Lanier
07-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Your funeral.

As to Amarelooms, I wasn't talking about the Indiana trade, but rather the Devin Harris rumor, which probably has no chance of happening.

LEONARD
07-06-2006, 08:09 AM
If I were Avery I would use this lineup next year.
C Diop/Dampier/Mbenga
PF Nowitzki/Powell/Howard
SF Howard/Stackhouse
SG Daniels/Harris/Stackhouse
PG Terry/Harris. I think Harris is best used as a 6th man though against San Antonio he is needed to guard Parker. Against everyone else Daniels should start and get about 20 MPG. This way Stackhouse and Harris can get their usual minutes.

Daniels starting? :drunk :lol

Maybe for the Pacers? :lol

ducks
07-06-2006, 09:35 AM
http://www.startribune.com/511/story/534972.html

Memphis center Lorenzen Wright and Toronto guard Mike James, both unrestricted free agents, are scheduled to meet with Wolves representatives in the next few days in Las Vegas. The team's summer league entry begins play tonight at the Cox Pavilion on the UNLV campus.

The 6-11 Wright, 30, averaged 5.8 points, 5.1 rebounds and 0.59 blocks -- all below his career averages -- in 78 appearances (58 starts). A local guy who also played at the University of Memphis, Wright was said to be disappointed that the Grizzlies have no interest in re-signing him.

Wright recently told the Memphis Commercial Appeal he was seeking at least a three-year contract.

James, 31, has been mentioned for weeks as a player the Wolves might pursue. The 6-2 guard averaged 20.3 points and 5.8 assists for the Raptors, while hitting 44.2 percent of his three-point shots (fourth in the league). Other teams interested in James include Houston and Dallas, with reports that the veteran of six NBA stops is seeking at least the full mid-level exception over five years, worth about $30 million.

SenorSpur
07-06-2006, 11:05 AM
There are reports now that James is currently meeting with the T-Pups and is seeking a 5-yr, 30 mil contract.

Mike James Sign-And-Trade Now Unlikely, Looking At The MLE
6th July, 2006 - 9:12 am

The Star - The Mavericks, Rockets and Timberwolves are the three teams set to meet with Mike James.

All three teams are over the cap and have no assets that interest the Raptors and so it is increasingly likely that he will be forced to sign for the mid-level exception

furry_spurry
07-06-2006, 11:14 AM
There are reports now that James is currently meeting with the T-Pups and is seeking a 5-yr, 30 mil contract.

Mike James Sign-And-Trade Now Unlikely, Looking At The MLE
6th July, 2006 - 9:12 am

The Star - The Mavericks, Rockets and Timberwolves are the three teams set to meet with Mike James.

All three teams are over the cap and have no assets that interest the Raptors and so it is increasingly likely that he will be forced to sign for the mid-level exception
It is better to let the guy go than trade for someone you really don't want.

SenorSpur
07-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Mike James update:

According to the Toronto Sun, reports indicate that Mike James is close to agreeing to terms with the Houston Rockets.

The Toronto Star reports James is scheduled to meet with representatives from the Dallas Mavericks, Houston and Minnesota Timberwolves in Las Vegas today.

Shank
07-06-2006, 01:33 PM
How many times are you idiots planning on copying the same shit from the Toronto paper?

SenorSpur
07-06-2006, 01:36 PM
How many times are you idiots planning on copying the same shit from the Toronto paper?

If you don't like the update, don't read it pissbrain!

texlawman
07-06-2006, 02:00 PM
He likes updates. He just was talking about dumbasses like you that have to repeat old news ten times. In your case I think your establishing that it takes a pissbrain to accuse someone being a pissbrain.

Shank
07-06-2006, 02:22 PM
No shit.

Nothing like posting something that's been read about 50 times already and thinking you were the first one on it. Get a fucking clue.

SenorSpur
07-06-2006, 02:24 PM
He likes updates. He just was talking about dumbasses like you that have to repeat old news ten times. In your case I think your establishing that it takes a pissbrain to accuse someone being a pissbrain.

On behalf of all so-called idiots, you both can kiss my ass!

Shank
07-06-2006, 02:29 PM
We landed on the moon.

Run with it.

Solid D
07-06-2006, 02:33 PM
We landed on the moon.

Run with it.

Speaking of landing on the moon...Houston we may not have a problem...

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41350/20060706/mike_james_close_to_agreement_with_rockets/

Mike James Close To Agreement With Rockets
6th July, 2006 - 3:00 pm
Toronto Sun - Reports from league sources indicate that Mike James is close to agreeing to terms with the Houston Rockets .

James is a resident of Houston and has indicated that the Rockets are his top choice.

The Rockets traded James to the Toronto Raptors before last season in exchange for Rafer Alston.

Shank
07-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Are you ALL retarded?

Solid D
07-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Are you ALL retarded?

There are multiple forums here and it is a very highly attended board. It attracts people who keep up and those who want to keep up.

Pulling your chain is pretty easy to do, I must admit.

BTW, your image regarding "Fisting Sheep" is offensive to me and causes me to wonder what kind of person would even think something like that is clever, humorous or helpful in any way to anyone.

Shank
07-06-2006, 03:48 PM
BTW, your image regarding "Fisting Sheep" is offensive to me and causes me to wonder what kind of person would even think something like that is clever, humorous or helpful in any way to anyone.

And yet, I could give a shit.

Solid D
07-06-2006, 04:01 PM
A normal response given by young people when they don't want to feel shame for what they've said or done.

Shank
07-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Who the fuck are you to be preaching to me? I don't care about what YOU think is funny or offensive. Don't like it? Put me on ignore, head outside with your black socks and sandals and dive head-first into afternoon traffic.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Of course you care. You're responding. You can put Solid on ignore if you really don't.

leemajors
07-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Who the fuck are you to be preaching to me? I don't care about what YOU think is funny or offensive. Don't like it? Put me on ignore, head outside with your black socks and sandals and dive head-first into afternoon traffic.

Mr. Dignity

Budkin
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Where's pussyface when you need him? :lol

BillsCarnage
07-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Where's pussyface when you need him? :lol

:lmao :lmao :lmao Classic.

SlovenianGuy
07-06-2006, 05:04 PM
Edit: repeated post

strangeweather
07-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Mike James Close To Agreement With Rockets
6th July, 2006 - 3:00 pm

Toronto Sun - Reports from league sources indicate that Mike James is close to agreeing to terms with the Houston Rockets .

James is a resident of Houston and has indicated that the Rockets are his top choice.

The Rockets traded James to the Toronto Raptors before last season in exchange for Rafer Alston.
:lmao

Dingle Barry
07-06-2006, 07:08 PM
:smokin