PDA

View Full Version : Call Your Shot

El_Mago
07-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Now, that it seems like the Spurs offseason is more unpredictable then ever, call your shot on who the Spurs will end up grabbing, and how you expect it to come about.

I would love to ship away Eric Williams and Brent Barry for Jamaal Magloire; however, Williams can't be traded until August 21.

So, I think the Spurs end up grabbing Wright and possibly Butler by splitting the MLE.

Parker/Beno
Ginobili/Finley/Barry
Bowen/Butler/Barry
Duncan/Oberto/Horry
Wright/Javtokas/Oberto

12 man roster right there....

Reserve: Marks, Sanders, and a summer league/training camp 3rd PG

FA this summer did not just go our way, but I remember a lot of people (including myself) hoping to get rid of Rasho or Nazr....and now both are gone and our C position looks pretty small, but a lot more atheltic. Butler is not the long three we are looking for, but he can defend and shoot the three, and might come for around half the MLE, and now NO does not have a place for him anymore.

Ideally, I would love to nab Magloire like I said in a trade, and then sign Jeffries with the MLE, but thats a crack pipe dream, so I was not even going to mention that in the realistic scenario section of the roster.

Anyways, let's see if ya guys can squeeze a better looking line up with this poor FA market.

strangeweather
07-05-2006, 06:44 PM
My guess:

PG: Parker, Pargo, Beno
SG: Manu, Barry, Donta Smith
SF: Bowen, Finley, Williams
PF: Duncan, Bonner, Horry
C: Pollard, Javtokas, Oberto

ducks
07-05-2006, 06:49 PM
pg parker, nash
sg: wade , manu
sf Tayshaun Prince, Andres Nocioni
pf duncan, kg
c: j. oneal and ben wallace

JamStone
07-05-2006, 06:50 PM
El Mago,

And, the Milwaukee Bucks do a trade of Magloire for Barry and Eric Williams because ...?

Why would they make that trade?

El_Mago
07-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Well, the Bucks could really use a shooter and versatile guard like Barry. They have Redd who can shoot behind the arc, but he of course will be doubled. They don't really have anyone on their team who is a pure shooter after Redd. Bobby Simmons? He seems more like a slasher/jump shooting player. Williams would give the Bucks cap relief at the end of next season like Magloire would do for us.

The Bucks have mentioned that they want to move Magloire because they don't want to stunt the growth of Bogut. Plus, they don't suffer a huge blow with Magloire's departure.

Center: Andrew Bogut, Dan Gadzuric (who they have a lot of money invested in)
PF: Charlie Villanueva, Joe Smith

Magloire wants out of Milwaukee, and Milwaukee has no problem in seeing him go. Although, they do want something worthy in return. I guess we could throw in the rights to Scola as well, but those don't seem to be very attractive right now.

JamStone
07-05-2006, 07:12 PM
My question isn't why the Bucks want to move Magloire. It is why would they make the trade you propose.

Magloire is a rare quality center. You don't think there will be other NBA teams with much better offers than Brent Barry and Eric Williams?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 07:21 PM
*points to sig*

I think our big man hunt was over before it even began.

Mr. Body
07-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Javtokas starts, to round out the Starting 5.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Spurs sign a guy named Scola after all.

SenorSpur
07-05-2006, 07:35 PM
My question isn't why the Bucks want to move Magloire. It is why would they make the trade you propose.

Magloire is a rare quality center. You don't think there will be other NBA teams with much better offers than Brent Barry and Eric Williams?

True dat. The Bucks aren't simply gonna give Mags away in a fire sale. They can clearly get more in return than the Spurs have to offer.

If the Spurs are really serious, they'll have to come up with a sweet offer.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2006, 07:48 PM
PG Parker/Pargo/CJ Watson
SG Manu/Stevenson
SF Bowen/Finley
PF Duncan/Bonner/Horry
C Javtokas/Hunter

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Javtokas starts, to round out the Starting 5.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Spurs sign a guy named Scola after all.

After stiffing him the past few years.

After explicitly telling him this year "we're not going to sign you". You really think so? I'd like to bring him over...I think he'd fit nicely on this team now espcially without Rasho/Nazr. But...realistically? he's getting traded.

Mr. Body
07-05-2006, 08:01 PM

After explicitly telling him this year "we're not going to sign you". You really think so? I'd like to bring him over...I think he'd fit nicely on this team now espcially without Rasho/Nazr. But...realistically? he's getting traded.

Probably not. But last summer was really the first and only summer in which he was fully expected to come over and we "stiffed" him.

And, as I've pointed out in other threads, it makes little sense to go around crowing about "CIA Pop" and how the Spurs' front office "always does the exact opposite of what they say they're going to do" and then expect that the Spurs have been telling the truth about not wanting Scola.

To me, it's just as likely the Spurs want and will sign him as it is likely he's traded. We're all on the outside of the mysterious cloaked room. Maybe they did expect to trade him, but now recognize he's their best option? Who knows?

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Parker/Beno
Ginobili/Finley/Barry
Bowen/Butler/Barry
Duncan/Scola/Horry
Javtokas/Oberto/someone

shaggy17
07-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Roster stays the same with another player or 2 to add to it. pop continues his love affair with that small ball bullshit and decides eric williams is a power foward and benches javtokas and bonner as a result. :madrun :drunk I then watch the spurs lose once again to the Mavs or Suns (Depends who we see round 2) and enjoy our 2nd straight year of not having to play ball come June :rolleyes

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 08:37 PM
I am willing to bet Magloire will be our starting center, even if it means us giving up Beno and Barry.

Has there been any mention of that anywhere?

Not that the Spurs FO shares info, but there has to be some hint of some interest somewhere.

Marc Cuban
07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
I want to follow the lead of my idol Isiah. Which means more PFs (K-Mart) and PGs (Mike James) you can never have enough pgs or pfs.

El_Mago
07-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Magloire is out of Milwaukee....it's just a matter of where.

Teams with any real need for a Center have already secured one, and San Antonio is one of the few that desperately needs a Center at the moment...I hope they can pull it off....then we can spend the MLE on a wing and back up point....and we should be good to go....

Buddy Holly
07-05-2006, 10:08 PM
If the Bucks were one of the many teams that contacted the Spurs about Beno, I wouldn't think it'd be out of the realm that Jamaal came to the Spurs.

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2006, 10:13 PM
If the Bucks were one of the many teams that contacted the Spurs about Beno, I wouldn't think it'd be out of the realm that Jamaal came to the Spurs.

magloire or crawford? = both are scrubs to me

Buddy Holly
07-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Magloire is a scrub!?!?

Spurs9
07-05-2006, 10:46 PM

Well there was something about it on WOAI news today, they were saying how scola delayed the annoucement of saying if he would play in argentina, which is intresting.
http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/[email protected],266949@ video.woai.com,[email protected],261493@video. woai.com,[email protected]&navCatId=15&2=2

Please_dont_ban_me
07-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Well there was something about it on WOAI news today, they were saying how scola delayed the annoucement of saying if he would play in argentina, which is intresting.

Meaning...the Spurs probably told him we're close to a deal with a team that would be willing to buy him out of his contract of there.

I doubt they would bring him in after making it clear they have no plans to.

Spurs9
07-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Meaning...the Spurs probably told him we're close to a deal with a team that would be willing to buy him out of his contract of there.

I doubt they would bring him in after making it clear they have no plans to.
Well it would be nice to see him here, seeing as how there aren't too many free agents left now.