PDA

View Full Version : Daniels for Croshere

aaronstampler
07-05-2006, 10:10 PM
ESPN just reported Mavs are trading Marquis "I got a different haircut so you can tell me apart from Josh Howard" Daniels for Austin Croshere. I guess with KVH leaving, they had room on their tall useless white guy quota.

Shank
07-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Jesus.

The clue phone is ringing.

Pick it the fuck up.

dieman8686
07-06-2006, 01:55 AM
aint chroshere making huge amounts of money???
He is on his last year of his contract worth less than 8 million. Plus, we dumped Daniels contract which was more.

mabber
07-06-2006, 07:03 AM
He is on his last year of his contract worth less than 8 million. Plus, we dumped Daniels contract which was more.

Yeah, we picked up an expiring contract plus he can shoot much better than Marquis from the outside which is what the Mavs needed.

ShoogarBear
07-06-2006, 07:27 AM
Austin Croshere is wuthless. I am glad.

LEONARD
07-06-2006, 08:10 AM
I have no problem with this trade...a KVH replacement with an expiring contract. He rebounds better and shoots a higher % than KVH...

DallasFan
07-06-2006, 08:40 AM
I hate this trade...Marquis is so quick to the hole... :madrun

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9803/ackvh7vv.jpg

THe only thing I can think of is a Marquis salary dump...I hope they have something else up their sleeve :drunk

texlawman
07-06-2006, 08:40 AM
It's not a bad trade. Daniels would get about zero playing time next year and I think Croshere is a little better than KVH. Offensively they are the same player, but KVH could not guard his shadow. Also, this eliminates a bad contract off our books. Cuban is actually doing a nice job of cleaning up payroll.

mabber
07-06-2006, 08:52 AM
I have no problem with this trade...a KVH replacement with an expiring contract. He rebounds better and shoots a higher % than KVH...

Exactly. We actually upgraded Dirk's backup spot plus got the bonus of getting an expiring contract. The $6million/year the Mavs were paying Daniels is just too much for a 4th-5th rotation guard who's apparently injury-prone. I like Marquis as a player but he was a bad fit here and this was a good trade.

DallasFan
07-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Exactly. We actually upgraded Dirk's backup spot plus got the bonus of getting an expiring contract. The $6million/year the Mavs were paying Daniels is just too much for a 4th-5th rotation guard who's apparently injury-prone. I like Marquis as a player but he was a bad fit here and this was a good trade.

I hope you guys are right...I've never even heard of this guy...I was hoping for an "over 40%" 3PT shooter too... :depressed

mabber
07-06-2006, 09:03 AM
I hope you guys are right...I've never even heard of this guy...I was hoping for an "over 40%" 3PT shooter too... :depressed

Also, Croshere was in the NBA finals with the Pacers (vs. the Lakers) and had a very good series. I think he's a much tougher guy than Van Horn and those are the type of players that Avery likes so much. I just think he'll be a slightly better fit than Van Horn as Dirk's backup.

leemajors
07-06-2006, 09:13 AM
Also, Croshere was in the NBA finals with the Pacers (vs. the Lakers) and had a very good series. I think he's a much tougher guy than Van Horn and those are the type of players that Avery likes so much. I just think he'll be a slightly better fit than Van Horn as Dirk's backup.

he signed a big contract after that and hit the bench shortly after.

mabber
07-06-2006, 10:55 AM
he signed a big contract after that and hit the bench shortly after.

Yeah he did. It's amazing how teams pay a lot for one good series or one good super bowl.

Taco
07-06-2006, 11:15 AM
ESPN just reported Mavs are trading Marquis "I got a different haircut so you can tell me apart from Josh Howard" Daniels for Austin Croshere. I guess with KVH leaving, they had room on their tall useless white guy quota..

:lmao

LEONARD
07-06-2006, 11:38 AM
ESPN just reported Mavs are trading Marquis "I got a different haircut so you can tell me apart from Josh Howard" Daniels for Austin Croshere. I guess with KVH leaving, they had room on their tall useless white guy quota.

Everybody enjoys a good laugh at KVH's expense..even Mavs fans...

But in game 7 vs the Spurs he scored 9 pts (3/5 on 3's) in 13 minutes and ate up 6 fouls :fro

There is much more to this trade than keeping a tall soft white guy on the roster...they got out from under Daniels' contract and got an expiring contract that they can let run out or try to trade to someone else (MUCH more tradeable than Daniels)...

mabber
07-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Everybody enjoys a good laugh at KVH's expense..even Mavs fans...

But in game 7 vs the Spurs he scored 9 pts (3/5 on 3's) in 13 minutes and ate up 6 fouls :fro

There is much more to this trade than keeping a tall soft white guy on the roster...they got out from under Daniels' contract and got an expiring contract that they can let run out or try to trade to someone else (MUCH more tradeable than Daniels)...

It's why I gave him a pass the rest of the playoffs. He was very key in that game 7 win over the Spurs. Pass is over though.

DallasFan
07-06-2006, 12:23 PM
It's why I gave him a pass the rest of the playoffs. He was very key in that game 7 win over the Spurs. Pass is over though.

He actually played decent until he rolled his ankle (I believe) late in the season...he was good in the Spurs series, but invisible in the Finals.

mabber
07-06-2006, 12:27 PM
He actually played decent until he rolled his ankle (I believe) late in the season...he was good in the Spurs series, but invisible in the Finals.

He was worthless in the WCF's vs. Phoenix as well. It was a blessing in disguise though as Avery decided to go with Diop after Van Horn had started the 1st couple of games at center (and sucked!). Diop was key in winning that series.