PDA

View Full Version : "Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity"

Yonivore
07-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Abba Eban (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Abba_Eban) was so right when he said that in 1973 and they have not changed at all. What they have turned Gaza into since the Israeli pullout demonstrates this so clearly as Charles Krauthammer (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/printout/0,8816,1209965,00.html) points out.

Before the eyes of the whole world, Israel left Gaza. Every Jew, every soldier, every military installation, every remnant of Israeli occupation was uprooted and taken away.

How do the Palestinians respond? What have they done with Gaza, the first Palestinian territory in history to be independent, something neither the Ottomans nor the British nor the Egyptians nor the Jordanians, all of whom ruled Palestinians before the Israelis, ever permitted? On the very day of Israel's final pullout, the Palestinians began firing rockets out of Gaza into Israeli towns on the other side of the border. And remember: those are attacks not on settlers but on civilians in Israel proper, the pre-1967 Israel that the international community recognizes as legitimately part of sovereign Israel, a member state of the U.N. A thousand rockets have fallen since.
Remember this is what the Palestinians have claimed they wanted - control of their own territory and Israeli withdrawl. No Israeli settlers to complain about and their own government. They could have used that opportunity to have governed themselves and proven how they could help their own people. But that would have meant taking advantage of the opportunity rather than missing that opportunity. And the Palestinians don't do that.

So in 2005 the Palestinians are given Gaza, free of any Jews. Do they begin building the state they say they want, constructing schools and roads and hospitals? No. They launch rockets at civilians and dig a 300-yard tunnel under the border to attack Israeli soldiers and bring back a hostage.
Why are they neglecting their own people in order to carry out this neverending warfare against Israelis? Dr. Krauthammer nails it. Their goal wasn't to drive the Israelis out of the Palestinian territories, but has always been to destroy Israel proper and drive all the Jews out of the Middle East.

The logic for those continued attacks is to be found in the so-called phase plan adopted in 1974 by the Palestine National Council in Cairo. Realizing that they would never be able to destroy Israel in one fell swoop, the Palestinians adopted a graduated plan to wipe out Israel. First, accept any territory given to them in any part of historic Palestine. Then, use that sanctuary to wage war until Israel is destroyed.
That is why they can't be bothered trying to provide the services that any responsible government should reply for their suffering citizens - the goal of destroying Israel trumps everything else.

The Palestinians never miss and opportunity to miss an opportunity. Hopefully, their time is short.

MannyIsGod
07-06-2006, 09:57 AM
You're suprised that people don't behave the way you want when you don't give them what they want?

Yonivore
07-06-2006, 10:07 AM
You're suprised that people don't behave the way you want when you don't give them what they want?
They gave them what they said they wanted; Gaza, free of Jews.

MannyIsGod
07-06-2006, 10:39 AM
They gave them what they said they wanted; Gaza, free of Jews.That isn't all they wanted and they said this before, during, and after the pull out. They want the West Bank as well. They're not going to settle, so why are you suprised at what was expected?

Yonivore
07-06-2006, 10:57 AM
That isn't all they wanted and they said this before, during, and after the pull out. They want the West Bank as well. They're not going to settle, so why are you suprised at what was expected?
Who said I was surprised?

I think Israel will soon have the justification to completely topple the terrorist regime and reabsorb Gaza, The West Bank, and possibly even the Golan Heights...if they wanted to.

It really is up to the Palestinians.

gtownspur
07-06-2006, 12:07 PM
That isn't all they wanted and they said this before, during, and after the pull out. They want the West Bank as well. They're not going to settle, so why are you suprised at what was expected?

And once they get their west bank, they will still be up to the same shenanigans.

DarkReign
07-06-2006, 01:06 PM
And once they get their west bank, they will still be up to the same shenanigans.

Totally fucking true.

The whole region is irreconcilable. No one here has any grasp, no fucking imagination (including myself) as to the absolute fury and heart-felt HATE these people have for each other.

There is no such thing as repair. You want to dream, you want to hug trees...then sure, there will be peace.

These people hated and killed each other loooooong before the West ever poked their nose in the region. They will be hating and killing each other looooong after we leave.

Fuck.
Them.
Both.

Yonivore
07-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Totally fucking true.

The whole region is irreconcilable. No one here has any grasp, no fucking imagination (including myself) as to the absolute fury and heart-felt HATE these people have for each other.

There is no such thing as repair. You want to dream, you want to hug trees...then sure, there will be peace.

These people hated and killed each other loooooong before the West ever poked their nose in the region. They will be hating and killing each other looooong after we leave.

Fuck.
Them.
Both.
Wait a minute. Israel pulls out of Gaza -- COMPLETELY -- and Hamas starts lobbing missiles. All of a sudden you're drawing a moral equivalence between the two?

How 'bout the Palestinians hate Israel and Israel is just fucking tired of all the attempted annihilations? After all, it isn't in the Israeli charter to obliterate all Palestinians.

DarkReign
07-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Wait a minute. Israel pulls out of Gaza -- COMPLETELY -- and Hamas starts lobbing missiles. All of a sudden you're drawing a moral equivalence between the two?

How 'bout the Palestinians hate Israel and Israel is just fucking tired of all the attempted annihilations? After all, it isn't in the Israeli charter to obliterate all Palestinians.

Well, I am not going to unilaterally remove Israel from any guilt in the situation. But I say they are both so damn ignorant and hateful, I could care fucking less which one kills each other first.

Although, I do admit, after Palestine elected a known terrorist group to lead their nation, their total annihilation wouldnt exactly sadden me.

Kenneth Lay
07-06-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president

Yonivore
07-06-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm the commander — see, I don't need to explain — I do not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being president
It appears you've forgotten to change logons.

MannyIsGod
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
Well, I am not going to unilaterally remove Israel from any guilt in the situation. But I say they are both so damn ignorant and hateful, I could care fucking less which one kills each other first.

Although, I do admit, after Palestine elected a known terrorist group to lead their nation, their total annihilation wouldnt exactly sadden me.I pretty much agree with you, but considering how Hamas was the only organization in the area providing medical care, schooling, and other services while the elected officials were corrupt as hell then it is no suprise they won in the elections. Who else is going to get voted in?

scott
07-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Two terrorist states fighting each other, isn't that what we want?

Guru of Nothing
07-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Hamas was the only organization in the area providing medical care,

I'm lazy - got details?

Nbadan
07-10-2006, 03:17 AM
Here's an interesting spin on the Palestinian Gilad Shalit kidnapping that set off the latest Israeli crack-down in the Gaza...

"It's the wee hours of the morning, still dark outside. A guerilla force comes out of nowhere to kidnap a soldier. After hours of careful movement, the force reaches its target, and the ambush is on! In seconds, the soldier finds himself looking down the barrel of a rifle.

A smash in the face with the butt of the gun and the soldier falls to the ground, bleeding. The kidnappers pick him up, quickly tie his hands and blindfold him, and disappear into the night."

<snip>

"This description, you'll be surprised to know, has nothing to do with the kidnapping of Gilad Shalit. It is the story of an arrest I carried out as an IDF soldier, in the Nablus casbah, about 10 years ago. The "soldier" was a 17-year-old boy, and we kidnapped him because he knew "someone" who had done "something."

We brought him tied up, with a burlap sac over his head, to a Shin Bet interrogation center known as "Scream Hill" (at the time we thought it was funny). There, the prisoner was beaten, violently shaken and sleep deprived for weeks or months. Who knows.

No one wrote about it in the paper. European diplomats were not called to help him. After all, there was nothing out of the ordinary about the kidnapping of this Palestinian kid. Over the 40 years of occupation we have kidnapped thousands of people, exactly like Gilad Shalit was captured: Threatened by a gun, beaten mercilessly, with no judge or jury, or witnesses, and without providing the family with any information about the captive.

When the Palestinians do this, we call it "terror." When we do it, we work overtime to whitewash the atrocity."

YNetNews (http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3271505,00.html)