PDA

View Full Version : Which Team is Having the best offseason so far?

1Parker1
07-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Mavs
Bulls
Hornets
Blazers
Pistons
Houston
Spurs
Other

Amare_32
07-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Mavs
Bulls
Hornets
Blazers
Pistons
Houston
Spurs
Other

Bulls
Hornets
Blazers
________
BUY VAPORMATIC (http://www.vaporshop.com/vapormatic-vaporizer.html)
________
brunette girl Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/brunette-girls/)

1Parker1
07-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Damn, I hit send before I hit the Poll button, now I don't see that option anymore when I go to edit :oops

Solid D
07-06-2006, 10:37 AM
In this order, so far:
1) Bulls
2) Hornets
3) Mavs
4) Blazers

I don't see the Pistons, Rockets or Spurs as all that improved, yet.

1Parker1
07-06-2006, 10:38 AM
^You think the Mavs have improved that much with Croshere? I personally think they signed Jason Terry for too much. Devin Harris is their Future PG.

JMarkJohns
07-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Damn, I hit send before I hit the Poll button, now I don't see that option anymore when I go to edit :oops

Yeah... I always hate when I do that, which is, often :smchode:

Of your list, I'd say Chicago, New Orleans and the Clippers.

Chicago and New Orleans are the givens, but the Clippers got a first-round talent in the second-round with Paul Davis. He'll add skill and depth along their frontline. They resigned Cassell, then stole away Tim Thomas from chief Division rival Phoenix, all while only losing Radmonavic... They have serious depth and talent and with another year of play, can be a real threat in the West. They really do have everything necessary.

JMarkJohns
07-06-2006, 10:44 AM
^You think the Mavs have improved that much with Croshere? I personally think they signed Jason Terry for too much. Devin Harris is their Future PG.

They are going to start Terry at SG and play him there for 35 minutes a game. James will get around 30 minutes as backup to both PG/SG and Harris will get about 30 minutes as starting PG. Ager will give them whatever he can, but I think he was picked as replacement for Stackhouse in a year.

NBA Junkie
07-06-2006, 10:45 AM
The Spurs.

Everyone is so down on them for not doing much. But why should they?

Yeah, they lost a heartbreaking series to Dallas. They also showed me how close they were to becoming repeat champions.

I like their no panic approach.

mabber
07-06-2006, 10:53 AM
They are going to start Terry at SG and play him there for 35 minutes a game. James will get around 30 minutes as backup to both PG/SG and Harris will get about 30 minutes as starting PG. Ager will give them whatever he can, but I think he was picked as replacement for Stackhouse in a year.

Correct about Terry playing the 2. Getting James is not a done deal by any means though.

Solid D
07-06-2006, 10:54 AM
The thread question says "so far".

1Parker1, I think the Mavs improved with Croshere as a direct replacement for Keith Van Horn who will back up Dirk. Austin is more physical and plays better defense than KVH.

The Mavs supposedly saved up to $19M all told, in the Daniels/Croshere trade. Daniels was a little too unpredictable with his decision-making for AJ and he didn't get much floor-time in the playoffs.

The Mavs re-signed Dirk and JT....that's a good off-season right there, in these NBA times.

I think drafting Maurice Ager was one of those forunate incidents that happens in drafts. Ager may not get as much PT if the Mavs land Mike James...not a lock, but it's a strong possibility.

NBA Junkie
07-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Of course, the Mavs could screw it up in one fell swoop if these Kenyon Martin rumors wind up being true.

furry_spurry
07-06-2006, 11:11 AM
In this order, so far:
1) Bulls
2) Hornets
3) Mavs
4) Blazers

5) Raptors

Amare_32
07-06-2006, 11:11 AM
The Spurs.

Everyone is so down on them for not doing much. But why should they?

Yeah, they lost a heartbreaking series to Dallas. They also showed me how close they were to becoming repeat champions.

I like their no panic approach.

Agree 100% the Spurs don't have to change much at all.
________
LOUIS ROSIER (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Louis_Rosier)
________
Marijuana Card (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

boutons_
07-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Spurs must improve their front court: Tim, Bonner, Robertas, Fabricio seems pretty weak, still.

NBA Junkie
07-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Spurs must improve their front court: Tim, Bonner, Robertas, Fabricio seems pretty weak, still.

True. They'll more than likely wait it out and find a bargain like a Lorenzen Wright when nobody meets his asking price.

mabber
07-06-2006, 11:25 AM
Agree 100% the Spurs don't have to change much at all.

You always need to change/tweak something even if you win the championship.

Supergirl
07-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Bulls and Hornets. Easily.

mabber
07-06-2006, 12:23 PM
Bulls and Hornets. Easily.

Yeah, I agree.

RON ARTEST
07-06-2006, 12:51 PM
the bulls for sure. the hornets are going to realize real quick that peja has declined big time and if they make the playoffs he will either choke like he used to do for us, or he will just be injured like he was for the pacers. and speaking of injuries hopefully bobby will stay healthy because thats his major problem.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Technically nobody has done anything outside of trades and the draft. Ben Wallace could still go back to Detroit at this point.

mabber
07-06-2006, 01:11 PM
the bulls for sure. the hornets are going to realize real quick that peja has declined big time and if they make the playoffs he will either choke like he used to do for us, or he will just be injured like he was for the pacers. and speaking of injuries hopefully bobby will stay healthy because thats his major problem.

What areas was Peja declining in? Just curious since I haven't seen him play much the last year or so. I know he was injured a lot last season. Now, Bobby Jackson is a guy that has declined big time. It might be due to injuries but he's nowhere near the player he used to be.

atxrocker
07-06-2006, 01:20 PM
bulls
hornets
blazers
toronto

ShoogarBear
07-06-2006, 01:56 PM
1. Bulls
2. Hornets
3. Blazers
4. Rockets
5. Raptors
6. Mavs

strangeweather
07-06-2006, 01:57 PM
Bulls
Blazers
Clippers

Blazers at least look like they have a direction now, which puts them leagues ahead of where they've been in recent years.

It's a long way up from where they are now, and they still have some lousy players with lousy contracts, but at least it looks like they finally have the beginnings of a plan.

texlawman
07-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Don't forget about the Nets. I think they had a really good draft.

It would be IMO
1) Bulls;
2) Hornets;
3) Portland;
4) Nets;
5) Memphis;
6) Mavs.

ducks
07-06-2006, 02:17 PM
mavs do not have james yet

tlongII
07-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Blazers easily. We are not a contender yet, but that's okay since the 2007 draft is going to be awesome. Kevin Pritchard is doing a nice job with the roster and I think our next move will be to get rid of D-Miles. We've got some nice young talent now.

ShoogarBear
07-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I am concerned that the Hornets, Mavs, and Rockets are all on the "improved" list.

1Parker1
07-06-2006, 03:45 PM
I am concerned that the Hornets, Mavs, and Rockets are all on the "improved" list.

Not the Bulls?

ShoogarBear
07-06-2006, 03:51 PM
I was referring to the fact that they are all in the Spurs' division.

1Parker1
07-06-2006, 03:58 PM
I was referring to the fact that they are all in the Spurs' division.

:oops Did not even catch that. Damn never thought of it that way :pctoss

shaggy17
07-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Spurs are having an amazing offseason. We are trading guys, passing up talent, and saving up all that cap money for 2010! :elephant