PDA

View Full Version : What if the Knicks owner took over the Spurs and left Pop in charge....

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-06-2006, 12:35 PM
of all B Ball operations

Pop wouldn't have to worry about a cheap owner and he could go after free agent he dreams of

edit: Scola was willing to pay his own way out and the Spurs STILL wouldn't do it? Yet the Spurs have no problem with Bonner :rolleyes

davi78239
07-06-2006, 12:40 PM
We'd be up a shit hole.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2006, 12:40 PM
We'd be in Anaheim.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-06-2006, 12:41 PM
We'd be up a shit hole.

Pop would make all the moves for the SPurs, not Isiah or the owner

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 01:10 PM
The team would relocate in five years.

rayray2k8
07-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Isiah would take over and have a team full of guards.
Way to cheer people up dude. :rolleyes:lol

CaptainLate
07-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Pop would make all the moves for the Spurs, not Isiah or the owner

Didn't the Maloof bros want to buy the Spurs before the Kings...then move them to New Orleans?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-06-2006, 02:14 PM
We'd probably be the same.

I don't think Holt has too much say in our basketball operations. Other than "please try to stay under the cap if at all possible".

Leetonidas
07-06-2006, 02:59 PM
edit: Scola was willing to pay his own way out and the Spurs STILL wouldn't do it? Yet the Spurs have no problem with Bonner :rolleyes

Not this again...

Scola HAS to pay his own buy out, the Spurs cannot do it for him under any circumstances. Why is that so hard to understand? And what does that have to do with Bonner?

Please_dont_ban_me
07-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Not this again...

Scola HAS to pay his own buy out, the Spurs cannot do it for him under any circumstances. Why is that so hard to understand? And what does that have to do with Bonner?

Question.

He pays it himself, but where does he get the money from? My guess is if he's already making 4 mill a year he wouldn't be so eager to come play in the NBA. My guess is the money he pays them with, is the money he gets paid by the Spurs with.

Somebody mentioned something about them normally taking out a loan to pay it.

Then when they get paid by the NBA team, they pay off the loan. In a roundabout way, it's the same thing...."he" is not paying the loan, the NBA team is.

Leetonidas
07-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Question.

He pays it himself, but where does he get the money from? My guess is if he's already making 4 mill a year he wouldn't be so eager to come play in the NBA. My guess is the money he pays them with, is the money he gets paid by the Spurs with.

Somebody mentioned something about them normally taking out a loan to pay it.

Then when they get paid by the NBA team, they pay off the loan. In a roundabout way, it's the same thing...."he" is not paying the loan, the NBA team is.

He's been with Tau for years so he has to use his own earned money. The reason the Spurs don't want to bring him over is because if he paid the buyout (5 million) then he'd need a big contract for a rookie to make up the difference.

rayray2k8
07-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Question.

If Scola was really good, dont you think the spurs would of brought him over by now? There has to be more than just the buyout.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Okay, I'm curious because so many people are freaking out: Is there a time limit on bringing Scola over? I mean, the Spurs already own his rights, and he's already under contract with Tau, so if they wanted to sign him in, oh I don't know, September, couldn't they do it?

SequNets
07-06-2006, 06:07 PM
This is a stupid topic.

Despot
07-06-2006, 11:21 PM

OMG, Say you make $30,000 a year working at K-mart, but your life long dream is to work at H-E-B . Only problem is that if you want to quit, you have to pay K-mart $150,000 in compensation for losing you. Does that mean that H-E-B should pay you $180,00 a year???? Even if you were employee of the month 18 months in a row, they ain't gonna pay you that.

And the money that we are using to pay Bonner is the same money that we were already on the hook to pay Rasho for.