PDA

View Full Version : Chad Ford Chat Today

texasqb2
07-06-2006, 04:58 PM
Colin (Portland, OR): Please Chad, tell me what the Blazers are going to do about Darius Miles? Please tell me there are still teams out there that will take him? What teams might that be?

Chad Ford: They're trying like crazy to trade him ... but so far they're struggling to generate any interest. Paul Allen's decision to nix a deal that would've sent Miles and Theo Ratliff to the Knicks for an expiring contract look worse and worse everyday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon, Bay Area: Are the Warriors moving Troy Murphy? Also, is there much interest for Pietrus?

Chad Ford: They've talked to a number of teams about moving Murphy and have included Pietrus as a way of sweetening the deal. They had that offer on the table with Chicago for Chandler, but the Bulls decided to go with P. J. Brown because of the cap flexibility it gives them next summer. The Jazz have shown some interest in the past, but the truth is that they're running out of teams that would be willing to absorb that salary.

Jim (SA): Chad, What do my Spurs do now? And why would they go after Pryzbilla? Isn't he just Rasho, but younger?

Chad Ford: They play Tim Duncan at center -- where they should've played him the last couple of years. He can handle it, especially given the way the West is going. I think if they do that and play a little more up-tempo they'll be just as good as they always are.

Matt (Santa Barbara): How do you see the West next year? I have them at- Mavs Suns Spurs Clippers Sacramento Houston Memphis Lakers or Sonics What do you think?

Chad Ford: It's really too early to be doing this. Lots of changes are still coming. But as of today:

1. Suns
2. Mavs
3. Spurs
4. Clippers
5 Jazz
6. Grizzlies
7. Rockets
8. Hornets

Leetonidas
07-06-2006, 05:02 PM
The Jazz? Where's the Kings?

RON ARTEST
07-06-2006, 05:06 PM
The Jazz? Where's the Kings?
:lol wow chad ford just lost all of his credibilty when he left the lakers and kings out of the top 8. is he fucking nuts? how the fuck are the jazz gonna be a 5 seed? :lmao

texasqb2
07-06-2006, 05:09 PM
I am intrigued by the Darius Miles statement. I know he is a bit of a thug and his contract has 4 yrs left of about 34 million, but what about dealing Barry, Eric Williams, and Scola to the Blazers for Miles/1st Rd/Cash

strangeweather
07-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Brandon, Bay Area: Are the Warriors moving Troy Murphy? Also, is there much interest for Pietrus?

Chad Ford: They've talked to a number of teams about moving Murphy and have included Pietrus as a way of sweetening the deal. They had that offer on the table with Chicago for Chandler, but the Bulls decided to go with P. J. Brown because of the cap flexibility it gives them next summer. The Jazz have shown some interest in the past, but the truth is that they're running out of teams that would be willing to absorb that salary.
Is this for real? Why would it be hard to move Murphy?

Compared to some of the deals out there, his contract isn't all that bad.

texasqb2
07-06-2006, 05:13 PM

Man it just seems like every time you see a guy getting his first big contract, the next year they are shopping him b/c of it. This is happening way too much

ducks
07-06-2006, 05:14 PM
I think if they do that and play a little more up-tempo they'll be just as good as they always are.

chad ford likes small ball?

Marklar MM
07-06-2006, 05:21 PM
I am intrigued by the Darius Miles statement. I know he is a bit of a thug and his contract has 4 yrs left of about 34 million, but what about dealing Barry, Eric Williams, and Scola to the Blazers for Miles/1st Rd/Cash

You want Miles...on the Spurs... :lol

This is a player who ran Maurice Cheeks out of Portland. He is one of the biggest cancers in the league.

picnroll
07-06-2006, 05:27 PM
You want Miles...on the Spurs... :lol

This is a player who ran Maurice Cheeks out of Portland. He is one of the biggest cancers in the league.
No. I want him on the Mavs.

Bruno
07-06-2006, 05:48 PM

To me, his contract isn't that bad but you can find some reasons.

Murphy has $50.5M lest on his contract and :
- His defense isn't good. He is a poor shootblocker. He can't be the anchor of the defense.
- He is a jumpshooter (his FG% is quite weak too for a PF). He isn't a post scorer. He can't be the anchor of the offense.
- Even if he is quite young, his upside isn't that great.

All in all, he is a complement player who is paid $50M.
He can be a great fit with Duncan but how many teams have a player like Duncan ?
Most of teams wants a post scorer : we want a jumpshooter to play with Duncan.
Most of teams wants a paint defender : we don't really need that with Duncan being one of the best help defender.

strangeweather
07-06-2006, 06:00 PM
To me, his contract isn't that bad but you can find some reasons.

Murphy has $50.5M lest on his contract and :
- His defense isn't good. He is a poor shootblocker. He can't be the anchor of the defense.
- He is a jumpshooter (his FG% is quite weak too for a PF). He isn't a post scorer. He can't be the anchor of the offense.
- Even if he is quite young, his upside isn't that great.

All in all, he is a complement player who is paid $50M.
He can be a great fit with Duncan but how many teams have a player like Duncan ?
Most of teams wants a post scorer : we want a jumpshooter to play with Duncan.
Most of teams wants a paint defender : we don't really need that with Duncan being one of the best help defender.
Good points.

I wonder if there's any chance they want him gone badly enough to do a deal like Barry + Oberto + Williams for Murphy + Pietrus? Wouldn't that be pretty close to a wet dream scenario for us?

ducks
07-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I give them scola to

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 06:02 PM
You have to wait to do that deal though, right?

strangeweather
07-06-2006, 06:06 PM
You have to wait to do that deal though, right?
Yeah, but only to mid-August. That's not all that far away, and there are no unsigned free agents being left hung out to dry without a contract in the meantime. As long as both FOs trust each other, it would be doable on that score.

Bruno
07-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Good points.

I wonder if there's any chance they want him gone badly enough to do a deal like Barry + Oberto + Williams for Murphy + Pietrus? Wouldn't that be pretty close to a wet dream scenario for us?

I don't know how baly they want to dump him.
If they dump Murphy salary, they will maybe like to re-sign Pietrus.
BTW Pietrus isn't that good, he is very inconsistent.
Even without Pietrus, I'll do a trade for Murphy with Barry, Oberto or Williams.

strangeweather
07-06-2006, 06:15 PM
I don't know how baly they want to dump him.
If they dump Murphy salary, they will maybe like to re-sign Pietrus.
BTW Pietrus isn't that good, he is very inconsistent.
Even without Pietrus, I'll do a trade for Murphy with Barry, Oberto or Williams.
I would certainly be happy with just Murphy.

I'm sure you know the line on Pietrus better than I do, but my impression was that he was athletic, a gifted perimeter defender, and a decent shooter who can also drive to the basket -- in other words, a pretty decent fit for what we need.

Bruno
07-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm sure you know the line on Pietrus better than I do, but my impression was that he was athletic, a gifted perimeter defender, and a decent shooter who can also drive to the basket -- in other words, a pretty decent fit for what we need.

Pietrus is a quite good player, I'd really like to get him but he is not as good as what some people think.
On offense : He rely too much on his 3 pointer and it's not a good thing because he is a streaky shooter. When he jumper is off, his offense is quite bad.
On defense : He plays great D with a lot of energy : he is sometimes in foul trouble and he is often injured because of that.

Even if he is GS best perimeter defender, he was on the bench because of that : he is not reliable enough to start and is better as energy guy from the bench.

strangeweather
07-06-2006, 06:34 PM
Pietrus is a quite good player, I'd really like to get him but he is not as good as what some people think.
On offense : He rely too much on his 3 pointer and it's not a good thing because he is a streaky shooter. When he jumper is off, his offense is quite bad.
On defense : He plays great D with a lot of energy : he is sometimes in foul trouble and he is often injured because of that.

Even if he is GS best perimeter defender, he was on the bench because of that : he is not reliable enough to start and is better as energy guy from the bench.
Makes sense. He's only 24, and we would have him coming off the bench anyway. If he has a good enough work ethic and keeps developing his game, he's about as close to Bowen 2.0 as we're likely to find.

NBA Junkie
07-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Chad Ford is a joke.

The bigger joke is that ESPN actually charges people for his insider information on their website. :lol

dknights411
07-06-2006, 10:16 PM
I think if they do that and play a little more up-tempo they'll be just as good as they always are.

chad ford likes small ball?

Well, it's not like were sinking to .500 if we actually do switch to smallball.

violentkitten
07-06-2006, 10:19 PM
its time for me and timvp to regulate

mabber
07-07-2006, 07:08 AM
Well, it's not like were sinking to .500 if we actually do switch to smallball.

Small ball is coming to San Antonio big time. With Tim Duncan starting at center y'all should be as good as everyone else at it so not that big of a deal. It just makes Horry obsolete for a lot of the game I'd think.