PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kaman

spursmode
07-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Word is Kaman is unhappy in Clipperland and doesn't want to sign a new contract. Up after this year. Pop lovesssssssssssss Kaman. Quoted last year a couple times saying that he would love to someone like Kaman on his team because he is a hustler. Clippers are also overloaded at that spot after aquiring Tim Thomas. My money is that Spurs make try to trade for him.

ducks
07-06-2006, 05:39 PM
who told you he was unhappy?

timvp
07-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Not unless they want to move one of the big three.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-06-2006, 05:41 PM
too good to be true, he'll never be a Spur

TDMVPDPOY
07-06-2006, 05:43 PM
he probaly wants 60-80mill extention, sumthing i dont think clips owner is goin to give

koopa
07-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Word is Kaman is unhappy in Clipperland and doesn't want to sign a new contract. Up after this year. Pop lovesssssssssssss Kaman. Quoted last year a couple times saying that he would love to someone like Kaman on his team because he is a hustler. Clippers are also overloaded at that spot after aquiring Tim Thomas. My money is that Spurs make try to trade for him.

kaman is a center, thomas is a small foward hmmmmmm, don't see how they are overloaded there

spursmode
07-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Just posted on Hoopsworld.com that he is unhappy and like I said it was in the paper more than once last year that Pop loved him and wanted to adopt him and all that because of his hustle ability. I am telling you they are going to make a run for him and there is no way that he will get more than $6 to $7 million a year on an extension. Not everybody is after him. I think Pop is under the impression that Kaman is from Slovenia or something like that. That explains the love

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Just posted on Hoopsworld.com

For some reason I usually stop reading at about that point.

spursmode
07-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Just writing what I saw at Hoopsworld. Make a hell of alot more sense than half the crap circulating around here. Kaman wants out. Pop "really likes" Kaman. Hmmmmmm. You figure it out. At least there is a chance. Pretty good foundation there

Obstructed_View
07-06-2006, 05:55 PM
So what do the Spurs give up for him?

shaggy17
07-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Just writing what I saw at Hoopsworld. Make a hell of alot more sense than half the crap circulating around here. Kaman wants out. Pop "really likes" Kaman. Hmmmmmm. You figure it out. At least there is a chance. Pretty good foundation there

Hoopsworld also reported last August that Finley had already agreed on terms with the Heat :rolleyes .

ducks
07-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Just posted on Hoopsworld.com that he is unhappy and like I said it was in the paper more than once last year that Pop loved him and wanted to adopt him and all that because of his hustle ability. I am telling you they are going to make a run for him and there is no way that he will get more than $6 to $7 million a year on an extension. Not everybody is after him. I think Pop is under the impression that Kaman is from Slovenia or something like that. That explains the love

no offensive to you
but you look new to me so that is why I asked

Quadzilla99
07-06-2006, 05:58 PM
During Negotiations everybody's unhappy until they get their new contract, it's a common negotiating ploy. Probably just talk.

furry_spurry
07-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Who would the Clippers take for Kaman? Please don't say Williams.

Jules
07-06-2006, 06:03 PM
I think Pop is under the impression that Kaman is from Slovenia or something like that. That explains the love

Say what? Kaman is American and I'm sure Pop doesn't think he's from SLO.

SequNets
07-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Kaman isn't coming to the Spurs.

Sup Jules.

spursmode
07-06-2006, 06:07 PM
it was a joke jules

JamStone
07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Hoopsworld is an extremely credible source.

spursmode
07-06-2006, 06:14 PM
I would only do it now if it was a sign and trade. If it wasn't I would trade Beno and Barry and a 1st round pick maybe even a 2nd next year for Kaman and Korolev

spursmode
07-06-2006, 06:20 PM
and maybe the rights to Scola

baseline bum
07-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Didn't Hoopsworld announce Karl Malone had signed with the Spurs when they scheduled a press conference to announce the retirement of Sean's number?

spursmode
07-06-2006, 08:05 PM
Didn't Hoopsworld announce Karl Malone had signed with the Spurs when they scheduled a press conference to announce the retirement of Sean's number?

I am not saying they speak the word of God or anything like that. They didn't mention he was coming to the spurs just that there were problems between him and LA you dork. I think it is safe to say that this might be true. It's not that big of news. But if it is true I think there is little doubt that RC has given them a call. Pop likes this guys and his salary fits and makes sense. 90% of the "WHAT IF's" don't even make sense. This could make sense for both teams. The owner for the Clips is a cheap ass. He already has signed two players to big contracts and I doubt will do another. He would rather have picks and young prospects that are CHEAP.

ChumpDumper
07-06-2006, 08:08 PM
This could make sense for both teams. The owner for the Clips is a cheap ass. He already has signed two players to big contracts and I doubt will do another. He would rather have picks and young prospects that are CHEAP.So we don't really have anything Sterling would want.

baseline bum
07-06-2006, 08:15 PM
Kaman should easily pull a $50 million deal on the open market. The guy puts up 12 and 9.6 a game on 52% shooting, and he's only 24. I'd love to have him, but this is completely unrealistic. Of course Popovich loves him... he's one of the top young bigmen in the league who's making huge strides in his game every season. I don't like him enough to part with Manu or Tony though, which is what it would take to get him.

navarat
07-06-2006, 10:27 PM
it wouldn't cost manu or tony! pray the clippers will get cheap,(they known for it) may be all it takes is williams expiring contract and beno, beno will be a better point than ewing!

spursmode
07-06-2006, 11:05 PM
it wouldn't cost manu or tony! pray the clippers will get cheap,(they known for it) may be all it takes is williams expiring contract and beno, beno will be a better point than ewing!

Good call. Sterling is maxed out on what he wants to spend on his payroll right now. He would be happy with an inexpensive player like Beno, an expiring contract, draft picks, or all three. I don't think anybody wants a center as bad as the Spurs right now and Pop would be willing to do what it takes to get this guy. I can really see this one working out.

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2006, 04:05 AM
throw in scolas rights+orbeto+barry+beno or draft pick, then we get ourselves a deal

pache100
07-07-2006, 08:21 AM
For some reason I usually stop reading at about that point.

Yes, me, too.

Make a hell of alot more sense than half the crap circulating around here.

No, you are mistaken. There is good information (probably the best available most of the time) on this site. If you like/trust hoopsworld more, you must live in a fantasy world.

spursmode
07-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Yes, me, too.

No, you are mistaken. There is good information (probably the best available most of the time) on this site. If you like/trust hoopsworld more, you must live in a fantasy world.

Hey Mr. Looney Tunes, I'm not the one with a picture of Sylvester. Hoopsworld makes some projections that are wrong but it usually doesn't come from somebody orange crotched, cheeto eating, dungeon and dragon playing dork talking about AI to San Antonio or KG to San Antonio etc. There is some good info flying around in here from some knowledgeable spurs fans but just to say that slam hoopsworld is ignorant. The last three things that they have mentioned is Derek Fisher probably gone, Mike James possibly re-joining the rockets, and Kaman unhappy. These are not big stretches. So why don't you go wash your hands and type some ideas that you might have before just slamming others that aren't really that big of stretches.

waly.mg
07-07-2006, 09:22 AM
The Facts are:

Bigs:

Big Ben: 60 Millions Deal-4 years
Nazr: 30 Millions Deal - Five Years
Przbylla: 30 Millions Deal - 5 Years (According to OregonLive.com, the Spurs reportedly offered a 4-year, $24 million deal)

So the Kaman Contract is at least 40-50 Millions and Five Years Contract

ca®lo
07-07-2006, 09:31 AM
hoopsworld = stop reading

Sportcamper
07-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Remember when Hoops World started the thread congratulating the Spurs for signing Karl Malone....Even when people tried to tell them that Karl had a knee injury & really did retire Hoops world insisted that they had the inside story but could not reveal their sources.....
http://junta.toson.net/lmao.jpg

bdictjames
07-07-2006, 10:20 AM
I wish we could get him though. He seems like a better center than Nazr.

spursmode
07-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Remember when Hoops World started the thread congratulating the Spurs for signing Karl Malone....Even when people tried to tell them that Karl had a knee injury & really did retire Hoops world insisted that they had the inside story but could not reveal their sources.....
http://junta.toson.net/lmao.jpg

Forget talking about Hoopsworld. Do you think Sterling is going to pay for Kaman? Yes or No. Put the 20 sided dice down and answer the question.

Supergirl
07-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Man, this would rock if it's true. Maybe the Clips would work a trade that included Beno - although they have Cassell and Livingston, Sam is OOOOOOLD and Livingston is pretty green. Beno might make a good back up in case Sam's body doesn't hold up.

Obstructed_View
07-07-2006, 10:40 AM
The Clippers are paying their players now but they are going to suddenly revert and give Kaman to a western conference power for nothing. It could happen.

CubanMustGo
07-07-2006, 10:56 AM

If Pryzbilla (a 6 and 7 guy) can get $6M a year, Kaman (12 and 10) will get more than the MLE.

baseline bum
07-07-2006, 12:32 PM
If Livingston is pretty green then Beno is Kermit the Frog. The Spurs would have to move Ginobili or Parker to get Kaman. The Clippers will not give him away for crap. Case closed.

Sportcamper
07-07-2006, 12:59 PM
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/Chris_Kaman-arton21048-240x240.jpg

My point is that Chris Kaman is a different kind of guy...If anyone had “the inside scoop” it would be one of the few LA sports writers he opens up to...I sincerely doubt Kaman even knows what he wants to do as of this day...

The guy is still learning the game but seems to enjoy his relationship with Dunleavey & Elton Brand...He fits in well in LA...Just another guy with ADD, a fondness for chickens and a pet snake... :lol He does not drink or party...For relaxation he likes to cook & shoot archery...

He looks awkward but is quite strong & does not have any trouble pushing big players around, “when he wants to”....

MajorMike
07-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Good gawd, he's an ugly beast.

strangeweather
07-07-2006, 01:15 PM
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/Chris_Kaman-arton21048-240x240.jpg
It's Cletus the slack-jawed center.

MajorMike
07-07-2006, 01:18 PM
BWahahaha!

spursmode
07-07-2006, 03:46 PM
It's Cletus the slack-jawed center.

I know he might be kind of little expensive but isn't there some kind of tax right off for Holt to have somebody that looks like that on our team. Kind of a charity thing.