PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Players gloating about larry brown

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2006, 05:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2511761

He can't bench them now.

New York papers reported Thursday that a number of New York Knicks players ripped their former coach, Larry Brown, for the way he handled the team last season.

Brown and the players had been under a gag order while Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan and Knicks president Isiah Thomas worked out the former coach's departure. Players were free to talk Wednesday from their summer league practice in Las Vegas.

"Coach Brown is so old-school," point guard Nate Robinson told the New York Post. "He wants everything done just like this, not getting the crowd involved. Isiah wants everyone to have fun.

"At first he [Brown] was trying to take my joy [away] -- don't do this, don't do that. At the same time I had people in my corner saying, 'Don't ever change who you are. You got here by being who you are. By being Nate Robinson,'" he said.

Robinson was one of three prominent rookies on the roster last season whose playing time fluctuated wildly.

"Toward the end of the season it was so up and down," another of the rookies, forward David Lee, told the Post. "I told myself when I get on the floor just make the most of the opportunity because I didn't really understand what was going on.

"I didn't ask too many questions," added Lee, who went in and out of the starting lineup. "I couldn't figure out what was going on. It's a lot easier to play when you know what's expected out of you. I think things will change that way and people will have a better idea of what they're supposed to do."

Forward Channing Frye, who showed the most promise among the first-year players by averaging 12.3 points and 5.7 rebounds, told the Daily News that last season was "a giant circus" and that Thomas has provided "positive reinforcement" since he's taken the coaching reins.

Reached for comment by the Post, Brown said, "I'm not getting into any of that. I'm just trying to move on with my life."

All was not rosy with the Knicks on Wednesday, however. Surprise first-round pick Renaldo Balkman, a defensive-minded forward out of South Carolina, sat out the practice session with a sprained left knee. He suffered the injury in Tuesday's practice.

give me a break.

all LB did was do what he could do with the scrubs and ego players IT kept on bringin in. what LB did was preach discipline, if they dont understand that, then knicks will never improved, since its a team filled with me myself and i type of players. those guys probaly wont even last under pop.

jochhejaam
07-07-2006, 06:24 AM
"At first he was trying to take my joy [away] -- don't do this, don't do that. At the same time I had people in my corner saying, 'Don't ever change who you are. [B]You got here by being who you are. By being Nate Robinson,'"
By all means listen to the people in "your corner" Nate. You're part of a team Nate and their ain't no "I" in team.

Too many egos, too many prima donnas.

Top ten plays on ESPN > Wins.

Quadzilla99
07-07-2006, 06:55 AM
Mike Golic did a full out rant about this on his morning ESPN radio and TV show Thursday. I mean yelling about how these kids were pussies and needed to stfu. They're still talking about it this morning and he's got the day off. It was totally hilarious because he is normally such a mild mannered guy.

TDMVPDPOY
07-07-2006, 07:13 AM
seriously last season when they won 10 straight how they were praisin LB n his system, now they talkn shit about him and the system, wtf. they should all go take a hike.

Axl Van Dam
07-07-2006, 07:39 AM
:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

What a bunch a fuckin' airheads. What have they really accomplished to trash talk one of the best coaches in NBA History? What win a slam dunk contest? Big friggin' deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These damn airheads will never get anywhere with their playing careers. That is if they have a career..

CubanMustGo
07-07-2006, 07:49 AM
If all Nate Robinson wants to do is have fun, he should join the fucking "and one" circus.