PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Players Rip On Larry Brown's Style

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2006, 12:03 PM
He can't bench them now.

New York papers reported Thursday that a number of New York Knicks players ripped their former coach, Larry Brown, for the way he handled the team last season.

Brown and the players had been under a gag order while Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan and Knicks president Isiah Thomas worked out the former coach's departure. Players were free to talk Wednesday from their summer league practice in Las Vegas.

"Coach Brown is so old-school," point guard Nate Robinson told the New York Post. "He wants everything done just like this, not getting the crowd involved. Isiah wants everyone to have fun.

"At first he [Brown] was trying to take my joy [away] -- don't do this, don't do that. At the same time I had people in my corner saying, 'Don't ever change who you are. You got here by being who you are. By being Nate Robinson,'" he said.

Robinson was one of three prominent rookies on the roster last season whose playing time fluctuated wildly.

"Toward the end of the season it was so up and down," another of the rookies, forward David Lee, told the Post. "I told myself when I get on the floor just make the most of the opportunity because I didn't really understand what was going on.
"I didn't ask too many questions," added Lee, who went in and out of the starting lineup. "I couldn't figure out what was going on. It's a lot easier to play when you know what's expected out of you. I think things will change that way and people will have a better idea of what they're supposed to do."

Forward Channing Frye, who showed the most promise among the first-year players by averaging 12.3 points and 5.7 rebounds, told the Daily News that last season was "a giant circus" and that Thomas has provided "positive reinforcement" since he's taken the coaching reins.
Reached for comment by the Post, Brown said, "I'm not getting into any of that. I'm just trying to move on with my life."

All was not rosy with the Knicks on Wednesday, however. Surprise first-round pick Renaldo Balkman, a defensive-minded forward out of South Carolina, sat out the practice session with a sprained left knee. He suffered the injury in Tuesday's practice.
-ESPN

DirkAB
07-07-2006, 12:22 PM
Like that little piss ant Nate Robinson is in a position to critique a HOF coach like LB. Cancer is spreading in that lockerroom.

nkdlunch
07-07-2006, 12:34 PM
Those dumbass players need to be traded to the AND1 league

Burn531
07-07-2006, 01:24 PM
"Coach Brown is so old-school," point guard Nate Robinson told the New York Post. "He wants everything done just like this, not getting the crowd involved. Isiah wants everyone to have fun.

:lol I hope he understands you don't have to get the crowd involved by throwing the ball at the backboard and then dunking it.

BIG IRISH
07-08-2006, 01:00 AM
It is amazing that LB all of a sudden can't coach. :rolleyes

He wants everything done just like this, well if any of the
"Kids" with ego's had done it LB's way maybe the Knicks would have
had a better W-L record

Quadzilla99
07-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Mike Golic did a full out rant about this on his morning ESPN radio and TV show Thursday. I mean yelling about how these kids were pussies and needed to stfu. They were still talking about it on Friday and he had the day off. It was totally hilarious because he is normally such a mild mannered guy.

aaronstampler
07-08-2006, 01:29 AM
Everything that's wrong about American sports today is crystallized in the quotes and actions of these Knicks players. Here they are, either rookies or 2nd and 3rd year guys, with next to nothing credibility in the league, and they're ripping a coach who's been around for 30 years.

It's shameful.

No wonder why the USA is getting their asses handed to them on a regular basis now in international tournaments. All style, no substance. They even lost the baseball one...

Pretty soon we'll be begging other countries to start an American football world cup just so we could feel some pride again.

caŽlo
07-08-2006, 04:39 AM
:lol I hope he understands you don't have to get the crowd involved by throwing the ball at the backboard and then dunking it.

999999999999999 times before making it :lol

BIG IRISH
07-08-2006, 04:43 AM
Pretty soon we'll be begging other countries to start an American football world cup just so we could feel some pride again.[/

They play football in Canada so I guess we would come in in 2nd Place?? :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-08-2006, 12:34 PM
It's going to be fun watching the trainwreck that will be the Knicks. The question will be if anyone will hire Isiah after this coming season. :lol