PDA

View Full Version : What About Mikki Moore?

Big Pimp_21
07-07-2006, 01:07 PM
What's the word on him? Isn't he a FA? He's a 7-footer who, if i remember correctly, gave us a bit of trouble in the playoffs. Just a thought.

MajorMike
07-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Haha He is nothing more than a space filler, and sub-par at that.

dbestpro
07-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Not a good option.

pache100
07-07-2006, 01:13 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/pache100/osu.gif http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j77/pache100/noou.gif

:clap

Bob Lanier
07-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Adequate. Probably the best remaining option.

SenorSpur
07-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Spurs are so cheap, they'll probably make him the number one prioriity - after Collins' rejects their low-ball offer.

dbestpro
07-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Marks would be better than Moore and Collins combined. That is not a complement.

koopa
07-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Spurs are so cheap, they'll probably make him the number one prioriity - after Collins' rejects their low-ball offer.

why do you want the spurs to pay second rate players so much money. the only center worth a damn that was on the market was ben wallace, the rest are/were hot garbage

DirkAB
07-07-2006, 01:36 PM
why do you want the spurs to pay second rate players so much money. the only center worth a damn that was on the market was ben wallace, the rest are/were hot garbage

Centers earn a premium in the NBA, name of the game is suppy and demand.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-07-2006, 01:54 PM
What's the word on him? Isn't he a FA? He's a 7-footer who, if i remember correctly, gave us a bit of trouble in the playoffs. Just a thought.
When did we face him in the playoffs? Last year he was in the Clippers, when they were bad. And this year he was in the Sonics, when they didn't make the playoffs. Over the last 2 years he was never in the playoffs.

SAGambler
07-07-2006, 01:58 PM

Ben Wallace, probably the only player alive that could actually bring down the Spurs FT shooting percentage.

A guy that has absolutely no offensive game.

A guy wanting a max contract since it's his last shot at one.

Please, would someone tell me what makes Ben Wallace this supposedly "great" player?

What inquiring minds want to know is: How long before Chicago figures out they made a huge mistake, and starts trying to dump him?

Pool anyone?

MajorMike
07-07-2006, 02:02 PM
He's only played 3 career playoff games. We haven't played him when he was with a team (Sonics/Clips/Jazz/Eastern Conf).

texlawman
07-07-2006, 02:04 PM
He could quite possibly be the worst physically conditioned athlete in the NBA. I didn't think it was possible to pull a center idea much worse than Collins, but this will take the cake. PLEASE sign Moore! In fact, start him!

MajorMike
07-07-2006, 02:14 PM
What about I-love-uh-candy?

SenorSpur
07-07-2006, 02:20 PM

Nobody said anythig about throwing a lot of money to 2nd rate centers. They just let two 2nd rate centers walk and for good reason. No one blames them for making that decision. My issue is the Spurs don't seem to have a formidable backup option or a suitable replacement for the Nazr/Rasho tandem.

The next best FA center available was Pryzbilla. He seemed to possess many of the skills that could have worked with the Spurs philosophy. He provided good rebounding and shotblocking (which they sorely need) and was young enough to have some upside. Even with that, they seemed to haggle with him over an extra year.

It seems to me they could have at least offered him a 5-yr contract at the MLE, kept him for at least a minimum of 4 years (provided he was productive) and got rid of him during the final year if not before. Teams are always looking and overpaying for serviceable big men, so I don't think trading him would be an issue.

My other issue is they waited so long and now the already-shallow FA pool is almost dry. People say they can make a trade for a big, but it's looking like other teams apparently don't like their tradeable assets. Sounds like they're in a pinch. This is the reason we're having discussions on 3rd, 4th and 5th-rate options for the 5 spot.

Big Pimp_21
07-07-2006, 02:37 PM
When did we face him in the playoffs? Last year he was in the Clippers, when they were bad. And this year he was in the Sonics, when they didn't make the playoffs. Over the last 2 years he was never in the playoffs.

That was my bad. It wasn't the playoffs, just a few regular season games against the Sonics...sorry.

koopa
07-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Ben Wallace, probably the only player alive that could actually bring down the Spurs FT shooting percentage.

A guy that has absolutely no offensive game.

A guy wanting a max contract since it's his last shot at one.

Please, would someone tell me what makes Ben Wallace this supposedly "great" player?

What inquiring minds want to know is: How long before Chicago figures out they made a huge mistake, and starts trying to dump him?

Pool anyone?

well i just said he was worth a damn, not great. i think he got way overpaid but the only thing i think he brings is some leadership, he makes a team a contender with his defense. you'll see the bulls improve a lot this year while the pistons struggle to make the playoffs.

koopa
07-07-2006, 03:05 PM
Nobody said anythig about throwing a lot of money to 2nd rate centers. They just let two 2nd rate centers walk and for good reason. No one blames them for making that decision. My issue is the Spurs don't seem to have a formidable backup option or a suitable replacement for the Nazr/Rasho tandem.

The next best FA center available was Pryzbilla. He seemed to possess many of the skills that could have worked with the Spurs philosophy. He provided good rebounding and shotblocking (which they sorely need) and was young enough to have some upside. Even with that, they seemed to haggle with him over an extra year.

It seems to me they could have at least offered him a 5-yr contract at the MLE, kept him for at least a minimum of 4 years (provided he was productive) and got rid of him during the final year if not before. Teams are always looking and overpaying for serviceable big men, so I don't think trading him would be an issue.

My other issue is they waited so long and now the already-shallow FA pool is almost dry. People say they can make a trade for a big, but it's looking like other teams apparently don't like their tradeable assets. Sounds like they're in a pinch. This is the reason we're having discussions on 3rd, 4th and 5th-rate options for the 5 spot.

i would've rather have just kept rasho then bring this guy over. if he would've came over it would've been the same shit, a couple of good games, and then wouldn't even be used in the playoffs, no point in bringing him over. and this could be a sign the the spurs philosophy is now changing.

ppl don't want us to go to small ball but it's gonna happen whether any of us like it or not, so we might as well get used to it. stern won't allow us to play our old style. and you can't say it don't win championships, we were a foul away from going to the finals. and the mavs probably would've won if the refs actually let them play.

and i don't think the free agent pool is drying it up, it was dried up from the very beginning, there was no one on the market (aside from the player we had no chance in hell at getting) that would've helped us.

SenorSpur
07-07-2006, 03:28 PM
i would've rather have just kept rasho then bring this guy over. if he would've came over it would've been the same shit, a couple of good games, and then wouldn't even be used in the playoffs, no point in bringing him over. and this could be a sign the the spurs philosophy is now changing.

ppl don't want us to go to small ball but it's gonna happen whether any of us like it or not, so we might as well get used to it. stern won't allow us to play our old style. and you can't say it don't win championships, we were a foul away from going to the finals. and the mavs probably would've won if the refs actually let them play.

and i don't think the free agent pool is drying it up, it was dried up from the very beginning, there was no one on the market (aside from the player we had no chance in hell at getting) that would've helped us.

You're probably right about the small ball thing. If Pop is serious about it, then let's get that long, athletic 3-4 guy in here. There's another thread going on about Jarrod Jeffries. His versatility at all five positions makes him appear to be a good fit. Though again, he's probably looking for a 5-yr contracct and the Spurs don't seem to want to make that type of commitment.

Quadzilla99
07-07-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure but I think he is too thin to play center.

Kori Ellis
07-07-2006, 04:07 PM
He had a player option in Seattle and I don't think he picked it up because he's looking for a 3-year deal.

He is definitely a center and extremely skinny.

He's a good 12th man, but not much more.

mcornelio
07-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Mekhi Phifer Mikki More Ill Take Anyone Right Now Its The Free Agent Crop Is Gone

mcornelio
07-07-2006, 04:10 PM
He had a player option in Seattle and I don't think he picked it up because he's looking for a 3-year deal.

He is definitely a center and extremely skinny.

He's a good 12th man, but not much more.
Well Feed Him... Give Him Proteins Dammit. We Need Bigs!:lol

koopa
07-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Well Feed Him... Give Him Proteins Dammit. We Need Bigs!:lol

lol, hell rasho was skinny when he got here, and look how fat he got over the couple of years he was here (a couple of weeks ago i saw t-wolves vs. lakers in the playoffs and rasho was very skinny)

SenorSpur
07-07-2006, 04:19 PM
lol, hell rasho was skinny when he got here, and look how fat he got over the couple of years he was here (a couple of weeks ago i saw t-wolves vs. lakers in the playoffs and rasho was very skinny)

Visual proof of the spoils of a 7-mil per year contract.

Big Pimp_21
07-07-2006, 04:56 PM
and the endless supply of tortillas available in the SA area