PDA

View Full Version : One thing to think about

Manuismyhomeboy
07-07-2006, 02:49 PM
I know right now it looks bad for the offseason, but one thing to think about is who the spurs are targeting restricted free agents: Jeffries, Ariza, Butler, and Woods. They wouldn't be able to sign a contract till July 12, so the spurs wouldn't announce anything about them, cause then that would give there teams more time to think about whether they want to match the spur's offer. So that is just one thing to think about.

Marc Cuban
07-07-2006, 02:52 PM
Great thread :tu.

Mr. Body
07-07-2006, 02:52 PM
If you're entreating the forum to not be in a panic, you may need a bullhorn. The biggest one on the planet.

Anyway, I don't think it's been a bad offseason, just that it's been a crappy offering of talent. The Spurs have done well avoiding dogs and bad contracts. We're bringing in Javtokas and otherwise I trust what they're doing. We'll wind up with a Baston/Vujcic/Butler type on our starting line-up.

SAGambler
07-07-2006, 03:44 PM
I know right now it looks bad for the offseason, but one thing to think about is who the spurs are targeting restricted free agents: Jeffries, Ariza, Butler, and Woods. They wouldn't be able to sign a contract till July 12, so the spurs wouldn't announce anything about them, cause then that would give there teams more time to think about whether they want to match the spur's offer. So that is just one thing to think about.

We've had really great teams for the last 10 years. And yet because the Spurs haven't come forth with some big coup, everyone is going nuts.Suddenly the front office hasn't a clue about what they are doing.

About time someone with a little common sense came to the forum.

Do you really think they dumped Rasho and let Nazr walk without some kind of a game plan? I certainly don't.

All you naysayers.....get back to me after the Spurs turn out another 60 plus win season.

Quadzilla99
07-07-2006, 04:09 PM
I remember Kori saying we were still the favorites or very close to the favorites in Vegas so worrying is a bit premature, we're still in very good shape obviously.

Mr. Body
07-07-2006, 04:10 PM
I remember Kori saying we were still the favorites or very close to the favorites in Vegas so worrying is a bit premature, we're still in very good shape obviously.

Ultimately it comes down to Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan. It's always about the best players. If they are good enough, then we'll be back there.

Spurs9
07-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Didn't think of that, great thread!