PDA

View Full Version : Artest-Kings Had one of the best seasons in NBA history

Quadzilla99
07-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Short part of an interview from a Sacramento paper. There is a link below but you have to sign up up to access it, takes about 2 minutes. The full interview is not available online, it looks like it's only in the print newspaper.
This guy is like a child, he's better seen not heard.
Published 12:01 am PDT Saturday, July 8, 2006
Story appeared in Web section, Page NONE

Print | E-Mail | Comments (0)

In the midst of a busy summer, Ron Artest took time to have lunch with The Bee's Sam Amick on Friday. The small forward talked about all things Kings and beyond -- including his ongoing passion to be a successful rap artist. Here's a preview of the a Q&A interview that appear in Sunday's Bee:
Question: You've been all over this summer, haven't you?

Answer: I've been (touring) all over. I've been to Salt Lake (City), Phoenix, El Paso, Albuquerque, Miami, Detroit, Memphis, back to Memphis, summer jam in Jersey. I've got to go to Memphis on (July) 14th, Jacksonville on the 20th, Atlanta on the 22nd, all tours. I'm going overseas on the 27th to the 18th of August -- like 10 or 15 different countries. Germany, Portugal, Denmark, all over.
Q: You had a good run with (former Kings coach) Rick (Adelman), and you guys had a good rapport. What were you thinking when they made that decision (to let Adelman go)?

A: We had a really good run. I love Rick. I love Rick, you know. We had probably one of the best seasons in the history of the NBA, with how it turned out….

Q: How much are you keeping an eye on what (Kings management) is doing? Right now, it seems like the future of (free agent shooting guard) Bonzi (Wells) is on the fence. How badly do you want to see him back next year?

A: Everybody wants Bonzi back, including me. Bonzi is very tough. He's tough and I know we can win a championship. I know it.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/story/14276085p-15085552c.html

NBA Junkie
07-08-2006, 06:59 AM
This article just proves how delusional everyone knew him to be.

Quadzilla99
07-08-2006, 07:12 AM
He's big in Memphis apparently.

kingsfan
07-08-2006, 08:45 AM
I already learnt to take everything he says with a grain of salt. I love his confidence but he is dilusional.

jman3000
07-08-2006, 11:08 AM
Even though it shouldn't be considered "one of the best seasons in NBA history"
it was still pretty impressive how the Kings fought back from the cellar and back into the playoff race after they had been written off by everyone.

DirkAB
07-08-2006, 11:25 AM
You don't have to agree with his opinions or like the guy, but his ability on the court should be respected.

Mavs_man_41
07-08-2006, 12:11 PM
^ Yea i like the guy when he is doing his job on the court.

TheSanityAnnex
07-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Artest cracks me up.

RON ARTEST
07-08-2006, 01:39 PM
hes a confident guy and i like that, hes everything peja wasnt and im glad hes OUR delusional player.

trueD
07-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Um, I read the piece earlier this week and just said "Yep, that's a Tru Warier quote fer sure".

Arest reminds me a bit of Shaq, his childish demeanor is very entertaining and actually quite, um.....cute.

http://www.diario.com.mx/imagesnotas/2006/04/DEP238197PA.jpg

ShoogarBear
07-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Damn, so the Spurs must have just had one of the bestest bestest seasons in NBA history.

And the Mavs had one of the greatest bestest phenomenolest seasons.

And the Heat had one of the greatest bestest splendiforousest phenomenolest sweetest awesomest seasons ever.

Ron really puts things into perspective.

Obstructed_View
07-09-2006, 05:34 PM
:lol

TheSanityAnnex
07-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Damn, so the Spurs must have just had one of the bestest bestest seasons in NBA history.

And the Mavs had one of the greatest bestest phenomenolest seasons.

And the Heat had one of the greatest bestest splendiforousest phenomenolest sweetest awesomest seasons ever.

Ron really puts things into perspective.
If you take in to account that he only started playing with the team half way through the season..................................how can you make such idiotic comments?

ShoogarBear
07-09-2006, 07:09 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

I'm sure when they list the top 100 best seasons in NBA history, the 2005-2006 Sacramento Kings will rank highly amongst them.

TheSanityAnnex
07-09-2006, 07:21 PM

I'm sure when they list the top 100 best seasons in NBA history, the 2005-2006 Sacramento Kings will rank highly amongst them.As will the 2005-2006 Spurs.

sickdsm
07-09-2006, 07:24 PM

I'm sure when they list the top 100 best seasons in NBA history, the 2005-2006 Sacramento Kings will rank highly amongst them.

When you count the turnaround of a single midseason one player swap? Definately.

42 % versus 66%

I love people taking things out of context. Did it not say, with how things turned out?

Hell i can turn this...

Into this....

I'm the top History rank amongst them.

Now your bragging about your academic achiements?

Dude wasn't talking about Mike's Bulls.

TheSanityAnnex
07-09-2006, 07:28 PM
When you count the turnaround of a single midseason one player swap? Definately.

42 % versus 66%

That should do. :tu

ShackO
07-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Ron, like everybody here has the right to his opinion…….

He is not the most articulate and maybe a bit immature in some ways….. But so are many of the players in the NBA…

I think you need to look @ what and why he is saying that…. To instill confidence and belief in his cause… Is that a bad thing????

We may not like the way he does it but then he never asked anyone either.. Simply talk the shxt and then go out and try and back it up… I guess it aint his fault……… Blame it on his upbringing. He just was brought up that way…