PDA

View Full Version : Back injury keeping Redick out of summer league play

ducks
07-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Back injury keeping Redick out of summer league play
July 8, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The Orlando Magic are holding guard J.J. Redick out of summer league play because of a back injury.

Redick repeatedly has said he's not bothered by the herniated disc in his back, an injury announced just before the Magic took him No. 11 overall in the NBA draft. He received a cortisone shot about a month ago and said he won't need surgery.

ADVERTISEMENT
"I feel I could be out there, but we had to decide if it was worth the risk and not take the chance," he said.

General manager Otis Smith said Friday the club was holding him out as a precaution because Redick hasn't played full-speed in four weeks.

Redick also said he isn't certain whether he will train with Team USA, which opens pre-2008 Olympic workouts July 19 in Las Vegas. He was one of 23 players chosen for the squad, including Magic teammate Dwight Howard.

Bob Lanier
07-08-2006, 01:29 PM
So, by the time training camp starts, Dukie will have the same injury and not have played full-speed in about 18 weeks.

exstatic
07-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Werd. Didn't his liar...er, agent say he was all better before the draft?

Vinnie_Johnson
07-10-2006, 06:02 PM
So, by the time training camp starts, Dukie will have the same injury and not have played full-speed in about 18 weeks.

So true :lol

cecil collins
07-10-2006, 11:04 PM
I hope he out of the league by the end of his rookie contract.

ShoogarBear
07-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Dateline: May

Back injury keeping Redick from First-Team All-NBA