PDA

View Full Version : It May Be A Man's World...

Nbadan
07-08-2006, 03:12 PM
but women are smarter. To bad many marry below their IQ...

A quarter-century after women became the majority on college campuses, men are trailing them in more than just enrollment.

Department of Education statistics show that men, whatever their race or socioeconomic group, are less likely than women to get bachelor's degrees — and among those who do, fewer complete their degrees in four or five years. Men also get worse grades than women.

And in two national studies, college men reported that they studied less and socialized more than their female classmates.

Small wonder, then, that at elite institutions like Harvard, small liberal arts colleges like Dickinson, huge public universities like the University of Wisconsin and U.C.L.A. and smaller ones like Florida Atlantic University, women are walking off with a disproportionate share of the honors degrees."

NY Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/09/education/09college.html?ei=5094&en=9e7c68c097d2ec04&hp=&ex=1152417600&partner=homepage&pagewanted=all)

It's the same reason that school aged kids don't do as well in the U.S. as in other countries. Not that they aren't smart enough if they apply themselves, it's that there are too many distractions.

Trainwreck2100
07-08-2006, 05:47 PM
but women are smarter. To bad many marry below their IQ...

NY Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/09/education/09college.html?ei=5094&en=9e7c68c097d2ec04&hp=&ex=1152417600&partner=homepage&pagewanted=all)

It's the same reason that school aged kids don't do as well in the U.S. as in other countries. Not that they aren't smart enough if they apply themselves, it's that there are too many distractions.

all those chicks with "honors degrees" is a nickname for "too ugly to spend college getting laid like normal Americans."

sickdsm
07-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Are you really smarter if your not smart enough to get ahead of someone not as intelligent as you?

Intelligence doesn't directly equal success. Men will forever be ahead in the manipulation, schmoozing, people skiills, and all that jazz. If everyone likes you and your reasonaby with it, you will reap more success and wealth than a genius nerd with poor people skills. Not to say women don't have that but they're cursed with female mind genetics. Anyone who's married or been through the typical LTR knows the emotions a woman has to deal with. They don't carry over well in the business world sometimes.

sickdsm
07-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Also, with men and women, i don't know of a lot of guys who are being helped out by family after 22 or so but women for some reason are considered helpless until married it seams. Totall opinion on this one but i think that guys are forced to search for a full time job sooner and women have more a luxury of not having to pay the same billls as soon in life.

Nbadan
07-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Also, with men and women, i don't know of a lot of guys who are being helped out by family after 22 or so but women for some reason are considered helpless until married it seams. Totall opinion on this one but i think that guys are forced to search for a full time job sooner and women have more a luxury of not having to pay the same billls as soon in life.

No, no, I know what you mean, unless the family is really poor, in which case, nobody gets nothing. Women have more time to pursue higher degrees because, traditionally, the husband works full-time to help keep the family going. Still, getting your Master's degree or your PHD is no easy feat and it's not like women aren't working at all, most have jobs on top of their continued education. It's just that when women eventually go into their high-paying careers, the husband does'nt usually go back to school to further his own education and career. Most choose to stay in the career they have worked themselves into.

That said, in many cases a long-term relationship can become strained if one partner is extremely more highly educated than his/her partner, unless they have always connected at more than just a basic level. For instance, if a women has a Master's, she may be strained to stay with a partner who doesn't have at minimum a Bachelors.

sickdsm
07-10-2006, 07:07 PM
:lol at the stupid people in here trying to claim that 'people skills' makes up for intelligence

Lots of people made it to the top schmoozing that had nothing else going for them.

How you interact, not kiss ass, but able to truly read anyone and play them is much more valuable than refresher coarses.

sickdsm
07-10-2006, 07:14 PM
No, no, I know what you mean, unless the family is really poor, in which case, nobody gets nothing. Women have more time to pursue higher degrees because, traditionally, the husband works full-time to help keep the family going. Still, getting your Master's degree or your PHD is no easy feat and it's not like women aren't working at all, most have jobs on top of their continued education. It's just that when women eventually go into their high-paying careers, the husband does'nt usually go back to school to further his own education and career. Most choose to stay in the career they have worked themselves into.

That said, in many cases a long-term relationship can become strained if one partner is extremely more highly educated than his/her partner, unless they have always connected at more than just a basic level. For instance, if a women has a Master's, she may be strained to stay with a partner who doesn't have at minimum a Bachelors.

I don't agree with the master's degree being no easy feat. I mean obviously its impressive but lets not all kid ourselfs here. Money = intellignce. The truly impressive students are the ones that work there ass off, eat ramen noodles, make car payments on top of repair bills for there broken down jalopy and manage to survive on 6 hours a sleep every night to fit in over 40 hours of work on top of school.

But now who becomes the doctors and lawyers and such? kids from wealthy faimilies who only have to focus on studying.

The true genius's in society are more often lost amongst the masses.

You take thos students who in hs didn't need to do one once of studying/homework whatever to get decent grades and you put them in a lifestyle of ease, those whould be your leaders of tomorrow.

RobinsontoDuncan
07-10-2006, 11:33 PM
i have nothing to back this up, so take it with a grain of salt if you will, but i remember hearing that some high percentage of CEOs had a "C" average in college.

Also, that last bit about this difference in honor grads, is that saying more or less women graduate with honors then men?

Crookshanks
07-11-2006, 09:33 AM
This is another case of "be careful what you wish for." 20 years ago the feminazis were screaming about the inequality of education for girls. Well, now almost everything is geared for how girls learn and boys are being left behind.

Now these professional women are screaming that there aren't enough educated, professional men in the dating pool. Hmm, wonder why?

clambake
07-11-2006, 10:16 AM
There is a shitload of educated, professional men in the dating pool.

But they are married.

RobinsontoDuncan
07-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Are you kidding me, the education system is geared toward women? What planet are you from exactly?

DarkReign
07-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Its true elpimpo, intelligence means nothing in the real world.

Work ethic and dedication (ie people skills) will take you farther than intelligence could ever imagine (ie masters degree).

You cant dispute that. You just cant.

Yonivore
07-11-2006, 04:25 PM

Work ethic and dedication (ie people skills) will take you farther than intelligence could ever imagine (ie masters degree).

Some would argue that a strong work ethic, dedication, and determination are traits of intelligence.

I think they're pretty smart things to embrace.

Nbadan
07-12-2006, 12:02 AM

Blah, some of the most intelligent and successful men in the U.S. were complete social incompetents. A Master's Degree, dedication and people skills will take you further than you've ever imagined, well, unless your a woman.

Trainwreck2100
07-12-2006, 12:06 AM
It's better to be a social incompetant when you are the leader of a company and then you outsource employees jobs to save money, the whole lack of caring about how others get food on the table really gets you places.

Nbadan
07-12-2006, 12:18 AM
It's better to be a social incompetant when you are the leader of a company and then you outsource employees jobs to save money, the whole lack of caring about how others get food on the table really gets you places.

Ultimately, businesses are also hurting themselves too though. Every dollar that leaves the U.S. is money that likely won't be spent on their goods, service or product.

DarkReign
07-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Some would argue that a strong work ethic, dedication, and determination are traits of intelligence.

Yeah, re-reading what I wrote, it didnt exactly come out like I wanted.

My point was, I know alot of college grads. Alot. Most have careers in their field of study. Other do not. Both of these people have applied degrees.

Why? Demand? Standards?

I dont think so. The people without a job are socially inept. Always were. Book smart as all-hell. Could cram studying in on a subject they have never heard of in less than an hour and ace any test (so to speak. you get my point). Though they couldnt talk their way out of getting double-charged on a Happy Meal.

sickdsm
07-12-2006, 07:15 PM
here's the stupids in here again assuming that intelligence = degrees

Saying that after i pointed out that the real genius are lost amongst the masses, not getting advanced degree's makes you look like an idiot.

So now your stupid. Add to that your obviosly socially challanged bc you felt insecure enough to add that moronic rebuttal earlier.

Hope you have a huge cock. At least you'll have something going for you.

Oh, Gee!!
07-13-2006, 03:20 PM

hell of an equivication. because some trait would be "smart" to possess, doesn't mean that it is a trait or characteristic of intelligence.

xrayzebra
07-13-2006, 03:28 PM
and, incidentally, i DO have a huge cock.

pm rita929 and she'll verify it.

The real question is: do you know how to use it? :lol

Now on a more serious note. Dependability of the most important
attributes of anyone. I would take someone who is dependable over any
of the so called "well educated" degreed people who don't have a clue
about showing up and doing the job. Or call in for time off for every
conceivable reason under the sun.

People who are dependable learn the job, do it well, and are there day in
and day out without fail. What makes business successful.

Talk to any very successful person and they will tell you they worked
hard, put in long hours and could be depended on to deliver the goods.

sickdsm
07-13-2006, 03:32 PM
:cry :depressed :cry
congratulations on using the term "the masses" :lol

Genius does not translate to Intelligence.

Rembrandt is the obvious example.

I would argue against, "real geniuses are 'lost amongst the masses'," saying that geniuses either or recognized and exalted, misunderstood and condemned, or overlooked and ignored.

A genius is a person with distinguished mental prowess. This can manifest either as a foremost intellect, or as an outstanding creative talent. The term also applies to one who is a polymath, or someone skilled in many mental areas. The term does specifically apply to mental rather than athletic skills, although it is also used to denote the possession of a superior talent in any field; e.g., one may be said to have a genius for golf or for diplomacy.

Wilkipedia

# S: (n) genius, mastermind, brain, brainiac, Einstein (someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality) "Mozart was a child genius"; "he's smart but he's no Einstein"

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=genius

I think Princeton has a better grasp on genius's then you.

As a matter of fact, this is Cock

# S: (n) cock, prick, dick, shaft, pecker, peter, tool, putz (obscene terms for penis)
# S: (n) stopcock, cock, turncock (faucet consisting of a rotating device for regulating flow of a liquid)
# S: (n) hammer, cock (the part of a gunlock that strikes the percussion cap when the trigger is pulled)
# S: (n) cock, rooster (adult male chicken)
# S: (n) cock (adult male bird)

Are you sure your friend didn't say something about you being a "genius" on all things considered Big Bird and Sesame Street and you conveniently figured you had a big cock? That would fit your wording.

And lost amongst the mass doesn't fit but being overlooked, not recognized, and ignored does?

Congratulations on your use of synonyms among phrases.

sickdsm
07-13-2006, 03:43 PM
The real question is: do you know how to use it? :lol

Now on a more serious note. Dependability of the most important
attributes of anyone. I would take someone who is dependable over any
of the so called "well educated" degreed people who don't have a clue
about showing up and doing the job. Or call in for time off for every
conceivable reason under the sun.

People who are dependable learn the job, do it well, and are there day in
and day out without fail. What makes business successful.

Talk to any very successful person and they will tell you they worked
hard, put in long hours and could be depended on to deliver the goods.

Ahhh, but now your talking about a good worker, not getting ahead in the world nor intellignence. The best worker is what Yoni descibed, plus stupid. So as to not want anything better.

To be the one writing out the paychecks, social skills is more important. To receive paychecks, degree's and IQ tests are more important.

Very rarely do you meet a head honcho that made the company/business from scratch that does not have excellent people skills. Whether he/she is a nice person and did it from scmoozing and i'll-scratch-yours-if-scratch-mine or if its from under table deals and backstabbing is irrelevent.

People give deals and good jobs to people they like. Family members, members of the same race, sex, hobbies, etc......

If you see an antique coin framed, talking about that and listening to other people talking about themselves is much more important then how smart you are.

If you can act as if you care about someone and they feel its genuine, that means a lot.

But that's why society bitch slaps the computer nerds and the popular (everyone likes, not the clique) AND smart fellows end up making them work weekends for their company.