PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Lewis anybody??

Enygmatic
07-09-2006, 02:49 PM
I dont know if there was another place for me to post this so forgive me if there was..

But... What if Duncan took over his natural CENTER position and we made a trade for Rashard Lewis. He plays like Nowitzki and he is a pretty decent defender.

Who could we give up to get him?

I was thinking Barry (Former Sonic) , Behno and throw in Oberto

???

CavsFan89
07-09-2006, 02:51 PM
There is no way the Sonics do that....

El_Mago
07-09-2006, 02:54 PM
Rashard makes too much money for this team to handle.

coachtf
07-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Sonics would be CRAZY to let him go for anything less than say Manu and the rights to Scola. The Spurs would be crazy IMO to let Manu go because when he's healthy he's the toughest competitor on the team. So in short NO DEAL but I like Lewis he's got game!

MaNu4Tres
07-09-2006, 03:11 PM
parker barry for ridnour lewis and wilcox

CavsFan89
07-09-2006, 03:11 PM
They still wouldnt do it....

Enygmatic
07-09-2006, 03:12 PM
I dont like Ridnour at all, Parker is better than him but I'll do it if it means we get Lewis.

leemajors
07-09-2006, 03:25 PM
lewis can't board for shit. no thanks. he's a sf not a pf.

exstatic
07-09-2006, 03:45 PM
lewis can't board for shit. no thanks. he's a sf not a pf.

Actually he can rebound quite effectively, as evidenced by his seasons of 00-01 (6.9) and 01-02 (7.0), he's just too lazy to do it consistantly. He got paid and decided the "effort" areas weren't worth doing. He now boards at about 5 per game. They are shopping him because, while I don't like Bob Hill, I agree with him when he says that Rashard gives about 60% effort night in and night out.

Enygmatic
07-09-2006, 03:51 PM
If I played for Seattle I would do the same thing LOL!! But I think Pop would whip him into shape if he wanted to get a ring.

exstatic
07-09-2006, 03:57 PM
If I played for Seattle I would do the same thing LOL!! But I think Pop would whip him into shape if he wanted to get a ring.

He's been in the league too long and is getting paid way too much to whip into shape at this point.

I think a lot of people here overestimate the number of players who really want to win. There are 30 teams, and only one can win each year, but the number of owners who will give out foolish contracts is a much larger group than one. Players want to get paid. If they can somehow stumble into a situation where they can have both, great, but if you pin them down, say in the summer during the FA period, 99 times out of 100 they will choose the Benjamins.

Enygmatic
07-09-2006, 04:04 PM
WELL SAID!!! I really have to agree with you. and it is sad because its not like these players are "hurting" for money right now anyway. I mean he has made his bank by now...you would think he would want to win. But its true alot of players have lost the whole point of this sport because like the rest of the world Money Runs Everything.

DirkAB
07-09-2006, 04:17 PM
I love the threads with the of premise shipping off a team's garbage in exchange for another team's all-star.

Enygmatic
07-09-2006, 04:19 PM
Thats why i asked who we think is worth giving up for him if we were even thinking to pursue an option such as this...

Bruno
07-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Actually he can rebound quite effectively, as evidenced by his seasons of 00-01 (6.9) and 01-02 (7.0), he's just too lazy to do it consistantly. He got paid and decided the "effort" areas weren't worth doing. He now boards at about 5 per game. They are shopping him because, while I don't like Bob Hill, I agree with him when he says that Rashard gives about 60% effort night in and night out.

Even 7 rebounds in 36 min isn't enough for a PF. It's great for a SF but under average for a PF.

exstatic
07-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Considering that he spends large amounts of time beyond the arc on offense, 7 rpg was pretty damn good. I don't think anyone wants him as our full time 4, but if he weren't such a lazy fuck he could definitely be a small ball 4.

It's moot though. Even with Seattle shopping him, I can't see the Spurs biting on a player with such a lousy work ethic combined with a huge contract.

Enygmatic
07-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Maybe not but he will put the ball in from long range better than Barry.

Kori Ellis
07-11-2006, 09:41 PM
He wants to opt out his contract next summer so that he can get a max deal. Do you think he's a max player?

His coach thinks he only gives about 65% effort and needs to rebound and defend more.

I think he's already earning too much.

TDMVPDPOY
07-11-2006, 09:50 PM
how bout desmond mason?

mabber
07-11-2006, 09:57 PM
I dont know if there was another place for me to post this so forgive me if there was..

But... What if Duncan took over his natural CENTER position and we made a trade for Rashard Lewis. He plays like Nowitzki and he is a pretty decent defender.
Who could we give up to get him?

I was thinking Barry (Former Sonic) , Behno and throw in Oberto

???

Are you talking about the Rashard Lewis that plays 3/4 speed and no defense up in Seattle? If so, your description of hm playing like Nowitzki and being a decent defender is not even close :lol Mavs tried to get him a couple of years ago and I was SOOO glad it didn't work out.

SequNets
07-11-2006, 10:34 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45824

ro_50
07-11-2006, 10:42 PM
If you wanted him on this team, then you should have told the Spurs to pick while he was still waiting in the green room on Draft night 1998 and he slid to the second round.

Lewis is a great shooter and scorer but not good defender.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-11-2006, 11:14 PM
No.

I love his game but no. He's anti-what we need. We need a big banger who can alter shots and be a physical presence. Lewis isn't even a big...and he's not a shot blocker... and he doesn't play great D. His offense is streaky...and that's supposed to be his strong point. For as much as he is paid, and will be paid...he's not a good fit for this team at all.

shaggy17
07-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Nooo lewis is an overrated player who was a fucking joke to make the all star team. hes not legit shit other then a decent role player but nothing special