PDA

View Full Version : Another nail in Clinton's legacy coffin...

Yonivore
07-09-2006, 11:20 PM
...and, another reason not to vote for his wife.

Yep, yet another of Bill Clinton's presidential pardons has been shown to have financial connections to the Clinton family. The Washington Times (http://insider.washingtontimes.com/articles/normal.php?StoryID=20060709-122651-1637r) reports that Anthony Rodham, Hillary Clinton's brother, got six-figure "loans" on which he never made payments from a company whose owners got pardoned for bank fraud:

Anthony D. Rodham, one of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's two brothers, got the loans from United Shows of America Inc. after its owners obtained the presidential pardon in March 2000 over the objections of the Justice Department.

Michael E. Collins, trustee for United Shows, filed papers in Alexandria bankruptcy court seeking the return of $107,000 plus $46,034 in interest from Mr. Rodham, 51, for the loans he received from the carnival company, which went bankrupt in 2002.

Mr. Rodham "received the benefit of the loans without making any repayment," reads a related document filed last year in bankruptcy court in Nashville, Tenn. ...

According to bankruptcy court records, Tony Rodham began to receive the loan checks on May 10, 2000. The final loan of $2,500 was made on Feb. 12, 2002, about six months before United Shows filed for bankruptcy protection.
The timeline seems especially damning in this case. Bill Clinton issues a pardon for the Gregorys in March 2000. Two months later, Anthony Rodham begins collecting checks from the company owned by the Gregorys. Over the next 20 months, Rodham gets 16 checks, all marked as loans as cover for the disbursements on United Show's books, until it totals $107,000. Rodham never makes a payment on these loans, and six months later, United Shows files for bankruptcy, leaving its creditors high and dry -- but not Rodham.

The President overruled his Department of Justice and provided presidential pardons for two people who robbed banks and their depositors through fraud, and two months later the same two people started sending money to the President's brother-in-law, laundered through their company as "loans" without ever seeking repayment.

By any definition, that is a quid pro quo payoff. Clinton had no pressing reason to issue the pardon except to make it easier for the Gregorys to win government contracts. The DoJ did not want them pardoned, and the pair were already out of prison. One can ask for no clearer indication that the Clinton administration had a fire sale on presidential pardons, and made sure that the money stayed in the family.

Hillary Clinton needs to answer for this. It involves her brother and her husband, and the family business in presidential pardons can be expected to have a grand re-opening if Hillary wins the presidential election in 2008. George Bush cannot allow this obvious corruption to go uninvestigated, and if the facts bear it out, Bill Clinton and Anthony Rodham should face prosecution for corruption.

boutons_
07-10-2006, 03:54 AM
Yonivore becomes the forum clown.

When the right-wing rabble can't support their current administration of 6 years because there's nothing to support, no progress to report, no record to campaign on, the rabble go back and attack the previous president.

The subject now is dubya/dickhead/rummy/Repugs/Iraq quagmiere. They are running the country now, but keep trying to change the subject, clowns.

JohnnyMarzetti
07-10-2006, 06:26 AM
Yonivore also thinks his own crap doesn't stink. :lmao What an idiot.

Nbadan
07-10-2006, 06:39 AM
I support Yoni for his effort, but I don't think this will stick either. (That's assuming he has his facts straight) ((a big assumption because it is the Moonie Times))

George Gervin's Afro
07-10-2006, 07:33 AM
Yes Yoni believes the Clinton administration will go down as one of the ,if not, most dishonest in history. Then he goes on to defending the unecessary war time President who continually acts as if he is above the law. I think it's time to let Slick Willy's time go Yoni... After all he pardoned some questionable folks and got a blow job and lied about it..meanwhile the unecessary war rages on... and Yoni's still hammering Clinton..

RandomGuy
07-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Since I know Yoni has me on ignore I can come on and say anything I like about him, his mother, his dog, his mother's dog, and the cat next door.

BUT

I will simply say:

"Yawn".

I would have a lot more respect for him if he ever admitted ANY of Bush's mistakes, and wasn't so obviously blindingly partisan.

George Gervin's Afro
07-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Since I know Yoni has me on ignore I can come on and say anything I like about him, his mother, his dog, his mother's dog, and the cat next door.

BUT

I will simply say:

"Yawn".

I would have a lot more respect for him if he ever admitted ANY of Bush's mistakes, and wasn't so obviously blindingly partisan.

Bush has made mistakes? No, no way not King Bush..

Yonivore
07-10-2006, 09:50 AM
Yes Yoni believes the Clinton administration will go down as one of the ,if not, most dishonest in history. Then he goes on to defending the unecessary war time President who continually acts as if he is above the law. I think it's time to let Slick Willy's time go Yoni...
Only after there is absolutely no chance he'll ever darken the doors of the White House, as an occupant, ever again.

After all he pardoned some questionable folks and got a blow job and lied about it..meanwhile the unecessary war rages on... and Yoni's still hammering Clinton..
Hillary wants to be President. Otherwise, I'd agree with you.

As far as the "unnecessary" war comment. We disagree.

Yonivore
07-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Bush has made mistakes? No, no way not King Bush..
Random Guy forgets how much I criticized the President's immigration policy and his failure to veto some of the out-of-control spending Congress had sent across his desk.

He must have been yawning.

George Gervin's Afro
07-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Only after there is absolutely no chance he'll ever darken the doors of the White House, as an occupant, ever again.

Hillary wants to be President. Otherwise, I'd agree with you.

As far as the "unnecessary" war comment. We disagree.

Well trust me there are plenty of Democrats, myself included, who do not want Hillary to run for President.

RobinsontoDuncan
07-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Meanwhile how many white house aids have been indicted in the Bush white house? How many in the clinton white house?

Which one do you think is worse?

Yonivore
07-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Well trust me there are plenty of Democrats, myself included, who do not want Hillary to run for President.
When that possibility is safely behind us, I'll let up. Until then, not a chance...

Seeing him in prison would just be icing on the cake. And, yes, I do doubt it'll ever happen. So, I'll be satisfied with keeping him out of any proximity to national public office again.

exstatic
07-10-2006, 07:54 PM
And don't forget:

CLINTON GOT A BLOWJOB!!!

Yonivore
07-10-2006, 08:19 PM
And don't forget:

CLINTON GOT A BLOWJOB!!!
You seem to be fixated on that. Fetish?

scott
07-10-2006, 10:21 PM

Don't worry, you are still right up there.

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Is it illegal for the president to pardon people? I'm not going to fault the guy, it was his lame duck last couple of months. Think of how many people would have got pardoned if he pulled a W and used all four years of his second term for lame duck shenanigans.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Bush will pardon Ken Lay posthumously and Scooter Libby too.

Book it.

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Bush will pardon Ken Lay posthumously and Scooter Libby too.

Book it.

Does he have to pardon Lay, I thought the charges got dropped cause he "died" before sentencing.

smeagol
07-11-2006, 06:57 AM
Nobody admits their own camp's mistakes.

Partisanship sucks.

Yonivore
07-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Does he have to pardon Lay, I thought the charges got dropped cause he "died" before sentencing.
Lay's conviction is expunged.

And, at least a Scooter Libby pardon (which won't be necessary) could be seen as clearing up partisan politics and not a quid pro quo.

Further, these latest revelations are just the tip of Clinton's pardon fire sale.

sabar
07-12-2006, 02:46 AM

When the right-wing rabble can't support their current administration of 6 years because there's nothing to support, no progress to report, no record to campaign on, the rabble go back and attack the previous president.

The subject now is dubya/dickhead/rummy/Repugs/Iraq quagmiere. They are running the country now, but keep trying to change the subject, clowns.

I like how you can reverse all the words and it's still true.

I am forum clown.

When the left-wing rabble keeps supporting their past administration of...

And so forth.

xrayzebra
07-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Ah yes, and we see those amongst us who still support the Administration that
was considered the best money could buy. Clinton's.

You more than likely will get the chance to vote for one again in a couple of years.
The smartest woman in the world. Hillary Clinton, you know the lady that invested
10 grand in the future's market and made a 100 grand.

PixelPusher
07-13-2006, 03:12 AM
yeah, the 90's were such a nightmare; all that peace and prosperity, job growth, budget surpluses...Thank God Bush Jr. came to power and set things "right".

Yonivore
07-13-2006, 10:11 AM
yeah, the 90's were such a nightmare; all that peace and prosperity, job growth, budget surpluses...Thank God Bush Jr. came to power and set things "right".
A decade of the rise of Islamo-fascism. A decade of the transfer of U. S. Military secrets to China. A decade of North Korea building it's nuclear program. A decade of Iraq ignoring the will of the international community. A decade of Iran building a nuclear program.

Then there was Bosnia and Somalia.

You only saw it as peaceful because Clinton didn't do a fucking thing for 8 years.

xrayzebra
07-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Yep youni, you are so correct. He was getting, as exstatic is so ecstatic in stating:
A blowjob. A man just has to have his priorities. And we know what Clinton's was.
8 years of vacation, with sex.

clambake
07-13-2006, 10:24 AM
North Korea is ignoring the world.
Iran is ignoring the world.
Somalia is ignoring the world.
Syria is ignoring the world.

So bush is ingnoring all of the above?

Honestly, these WH croonies don't have a clue as to what their doing. Their just like a group of misfits that we all see in life at one time or another. Just like those guys who leave for lunch and don't come back. They spend the rest of the day and evening dreaming up some excuse that only their fan base is sucker enough to buy.

You guys are exactly like Michael Jackson fans.

RandomGuy
07-13-2006, 10:29 AM
A decade of the rise of Islamo-fascism. A decade of the transfer of U. S. Military secrets to China. A decade of North Korea building it's nuclear program. A decade of Iraq ignoring the will of the international community. A decade of Iran building a nuclear program.

You only saw it as peaceful because Clinton didn't do a fucking thing for 8 years.

and when he did he was blamed by people like you for "trying to distract" us from the Lewinsky thing.

People like you would attack him simply because of who he was, i.e. a Democrat and were/are as logical about it as boutons is about Bush.

Yonivore=Boutons

(ducks the daggers thrown from both sides of the forum)

RandomGuy
07-13-2006, 10:31 AM

Precisely.

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/uc/20060711/lbs060711.gif

clambake
07-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Just saw bush talking at g8. He has no clue of what to say. An empty talking head.

Yonivore
07-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Just saw bush talking at g8. He has no clue of what to say. An empty talking head.
Apparently, neither do you. Your post doesn't convey a single idea germane to the thread.

clambake
07-13-2006, 11:19 AM
Germane to the thread, oh I forgot. Clintons sucks..............Happy?

PixelPusher
07-13-2006, 11:25 AM

"Islamo-facism" got it's start during the Reagan years in Afganistan when the U.S. armed warlord and the Taliban to fight the Soviets. North Korea had nukes before Clinton took office, China didn't wait for Clinton to take office to start any espionage programs (btw, any blame for losing national secrets falls on our own intelligence agencies, not toward any particular president), Iraq began "ignoring the will of the international community" during the G.H. Bush presidency (and when Clinton ordered the occasional tactical bombings he was accused of "waggin the dog" by wingnuts like you). You're right about Iran beginning its nuclear program in earnest during the Clinton years and Clinton "doing nothing" about it. So...what has GW done about it? Oh, that's right...not a god-damn thing either.

You really should try reading magazines other than the National Review and watch news other than FOX news, you might learn all kinds neato things based on, well, "facts" and "truth".

...then again, I just saw the little phrase underneath your name "The Resurrected One". Apparently you have some kind of sick Christ complex, which means you are beyond hope for any reasonable discussion. Please ignore my post.

Yonivore
07-13-2006, 11:44 AM
"Islamo-facism" got it's start during the Reagan years in Afganistan when the U.S. armed warlord and the Taliban to fight the Soviets.
It grew exponentially during the Clinton administration.

North Korea had nukes before Clinton took office,
No, they didn't.

China didn't wait for Clinton to take office to start any espionage programs (btw, any blame for losing national secrets falls on our own intelligence agencies, not toward any particular president),
Actually, Clinton was instrumental in loosening a whole buttload of trade restrictions that made it a cakewalk for China to legally import military equipment and to export spies -- some of whom have been caught.

Iraq began "ignoring the will of the international community" during the G.H. Bush presidency (and when Clinton ordered the occasional tactical bombings he was accused of "waggin the dog" by wingnuts like you).
He was wagging the dog.

You're right about Iran beginning its nuclear program in earnest during the Clinton years and Clinton "doing nothing" about it.
I know.

So...what has GW done about it? Oh, that's right...not a god-damn thing either.
His term isn't over.

You really should try reading magazines other than the National Review and watch news other than FOX news, you might learn all kinds neato things based on, well, "facts" and "truth".
I see.

...then again, I just saw the little phrase underneath your name "The Resurrected One". Apparently you have some kind of sick Christ complex, which means you are beyond hope for any reasonable discussion. Please ignore my post.
Okay.