PDA

View Full Version : why is Spurs always the victim?

SpursWillOwn
07-10-2006, 09:27 AM
i've seen them the victims of many replays where spurs got beaten by lucky plays we've got the t-mac 13 pts in 30 secs, 0.4 derek fisher and the lucky roll of dirk in game 7 this year.. what does this means? it really have to take alot to defeat the spurs? :wakeup

JamStone
07-10-2006, 09:44 AM
I don't know. The Spurs are the only professional sports team ever to be victims of late game heroics. Never ever ever happened to any other team in all of sports.

1Parker1
07-10-2006, 09:48 AM
i've seen them the victims of many replays where spurs got beaten by lucky plays we've got the t-mac 13 pts in 30 secs, 0.4 derek fisher and the lucky roll of dirk in game 7 this year.. what does this means? it really have to take alot to defeat the spurs? :wakeup

:lol Tell that to all those teams Jordan did it to in the 90's (cough** Jazz**) or all the times Reggie Miller hurt the Knicks, or how about that Robert Horry killing the Pistons last season?

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2006, 09:53 AM
Dirk didn't get a lucky roll in Game 7. He was lucky to get fouled.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Spurs have broken just as many hearts in the last few years. Barry's unbelievable bounce vs. the Kings, Horry in Finals Game 5, the Memorial Day Miracle. Every team has those moments they want to forget.

MrChug
07-10-2006, 11:33 AM
I'm not convinced T-Mac's performance was lucky.

J.T.
07-10-2006, 11:40 AM
Dirk didn't get a lucky roll in Game 7. He was lucky to get fouled.

Ain't that the motherfucking truth.

SpursWillOwn
07-10-2006, 12:08 PM
If t-mac's 13 pts in 30 secs is not lucky why dont we see him doing that every night if it is all skills

SpursWillOwn
07-10-2006, 12:10 PM
dirk too admitted that the ball went in was lucky

1Parker1
07-10-2006, 12:16 PM
If t-mac's 13 pts in 30 secs is not lucky why dont we see him doing that every night if it is all skills

We're not saying it wasn't luck (except for MrChug). The point is that ALL teams face bad luck and get a tough break. Difference is, people mostly remember and put more emphasis on the bad luck that happened to your favorite team instead of all the bad luck on other teams.

Spurs9
07-10-2006, 01:43 PM
T-Mac has the skills to pull that shit off, I don't think its luck.
Do you guys remember that Suns game in december 2004 with double OT? And the next game they won another double OT game? That was awesome.

Winnipeg_Spur
07-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Game 5, 2003 WCSF: Down 2 with seconds left, Lakers forward Robert Horry gets open at the 3 point line but watches his shot roll around the rim and pop out. Lakers lose the game and the series.

Game 5, 2005 NBA Finals: Down 2 with seconds left, Spurs forward Robert Horry gets open at the 3 point line and watches his shot roll around the rim and drop. Spurs win the game and the series.

Let's not pretend luck is ALWAYS against the Spurs.

davi78239
07-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Remember back in the day when you'd watch a highlight reel and it was always the other teams that were doing dunks or super plays on the spurs? At least that's what it seemed like to me. It was never the other way around. Anyone else notice that too?

Obstructed_View
07-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Everybody wins and loses some lucky games. The Spurs made about six really boneheaded plays in the TMac game that enabled him to win with some timely shooting. .04 was a great play and I haven't heard anyone say that the foul on Dirk wasn't actually a foul, just that it could have been a no-call.

The answer to the question in this thread is: you is wrong.. spurs is not always the victim. you has delusions of persecutions.

SpursWillOwn
07-10-2006, 11:19 PM
Obstructed view you seems to have really obstructed view by not viewing Spurs as "A" team, thus by viewing Spurs as "A" team, i plead guilty for using singular on Spurs. Which IMO Spurs is a team, made up of individuals, but still a team which justifies the use of "why is Spurs always the victim" considering that i'd already used victim as a singular term as well. Same applies to GIG.

SequNets
07-10-2006, 11:20 PM
3 Championships

Raise the bar.

Eric Dampier
07-10-2006, 11:25 PM

tell that to us. J-Rich's unbelievable halfcourt heave with no time left, to score and they beat us by 1.

plus, the 29-point 4th quarter comeback by the Lakers a couple of years ago, but i wasnt on the team yet.

and how about what happened to us in the Finals? that was worse than me getting dunked on over and over by Stoudemire. 2 games decided by two points total. that's not fun

SpursWillOwn
07-10-2006, 11:43 PM
tell that to us. J-Rich's unbelievable halfcourt heave with no time left, to score and they beat us by 1.

plus, the 29-point 4th quarter comeback by the Lakers a couple of years ago, but i wasnt on the team yet.

and how about what happened to us in the Finals? that was worse than me getting dunked on over and over by Stoudemire. 2 games decided by two points total. that's not fun

sure, and the 20 points lead you nearly squandered in game7 this year

Eric Dampier
07-11-2006, 08:55 AM
sure, and the 20 points lead you nearly squandered in game7 this year

im just gald i dont have to play Duncan again. the series was fixed anyway, anytime i put my hand u p he's yell and fall flail his arms so it's always a foul on me.

but if you think Duncan's bad at that, watch Gasol. every single time he makes a move in the post he yells really loud. it's annoying but he's not hard for me to guard

TDMVPDPOY
07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
erica dampier wtf haahaah dude.

LEONARD
07-11-2006, 09:27 AM
I haven't heard anyone say that the foul on Dirk wasn't actually a foul, just that it could have been a no-call.

If that was a no-call, then the ref's should just leave the court in the last minute of every game... :lol

MajorMike
07-11-2006, 09:41 AM
How about "Why are the Spurs always the victim?''

THANK you! That's been bugging me for a day now.

Extra Stout
07-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Obstructed view you seems to have really obstructed view by not viewing Spurs as "A" team, thus by viewing Spurs as "A" team, i plead guilty for using singular on Spurs. Which IMO Spurs is a team, made up of individuals, but still a team which justifies the use of "why is Spurs always the victim" considering that i'd already used victim as a singular term as well. Same applies to GIG.
Your usage is incorrect both in British and in American English.

duncan2k5
07-11-2006, 10:31 AM
auppose that's really dampier? he seems like the loser type NBA player that would really post on a basketball website

SpursWillOwn
07-11-2006, 10:37 AM
oh i is sorrys im is azn punk asses from singapore.. we speaks singaporlish.. does that explain everything? erick dampier you made my day

Extra Stout
07-11-2006, 10:43 AM
oh i is sorrys im is azn punk asses from singapore.. we speaks singaporlish.. does that explain everything? erick dampier you made my day
Yes, that explains plenty. Further instances of incorrect grammar will be punished by caning.

SpursWillOwn
07-11-2006, 11:23 AM
Woah Extra Stout u actually know what Singapore do to anyone who violates the Grammar Act..

SpursWillOwn
07-11-2006, 11:27 AM
is there a spurs asia tour? i really loved this forum.. my only access to Spurs news.. dallas troll invasion was really annoying though.. i guess my heart really belonged to the Spurs i didn't have any heart left for work after Spurs lost game7.. it lasted for like 2~3 weeks.. Singapore winning a world cup would be nothing as compared to Spurs winning another ring!

SenorSpur
07-11-2006, 12:26 PM
The only thing the Spurs are victims of is "tight-ass" purse strings

angel_luv
07-11-2006, 01:13 PM
we've got the t-mac 13 pts in 30 secs,

I was at that game. It was my Christmas present to myself.

I would call it luck meeting opportunity- the opportunity being a serious brain lapse on our team's part.

Trainwreck2100
07-11-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm not convinced T-Mac's performance was lucky.

He shot most of his threes from the same spot, got a 4 point play, the spurs lost it off an inbound and Devin Brown gave up the ball on the last possesion. It was really bad execution

Eric Dampier
07-11-2006, 02:04 PM
i've been on the wrong end of a T-Mac dunk

GrandeDavid
07-11-2006, 06:30 PM
We're not saying it wasn't luck (except for MrChug). The point is that ALL teams face bad luck and get a tough break. Difference is, people mostly remember and put more emphasis on the bad luck that happened to your favorite team instead of all the bad luck on other teams.

I hear ya. For example, I'm sure the Blazers fans remember the Memorial Day Miracle as lucky. Sean was almost stepping out of bounds.

Obstructed_View
07-12-2006, 09:38 AM
If that was a no-call, then the ref's should just leave the court in the last minute of every game... :lol
Douchebag, you are arguing with something I accredited to someone else. Just take your hands away from the keyboard, chant "Charge on Wade, charge on Wade" a couple of times and have a good cry.

Obstructed_View
07-12-2006, 09:41 AM
I hear ya. For example, I'm sure the Blazers fans remember the Memorial Day Miracle as lucky. Sean was almost stepping out of bounds.
It was lucky. If that ball hadn't gone in, the only thing everyone would have remembered is that Sean completely ignored the play the coach drew up and jacked up an ill-advised shot.