PDA

View Full Version : Zidane apparently called "dirty terrorist"

judaspriestess
07-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Zidane apparently called 'dirty terrorist' - SABC News

France captain Zinedine Zidane was apparently called a "dirty terrorist" by Marco Materazzi before he head-butted the Italy defender in yesterday's World Cup final, the anti-racism group SOS Racism, said today.

"According to several very well informed sources from the world of football, it would seem that the Italian player Marco Materazzi called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'," SOS Racism said in a statement. Zidane, the son of Algerian immigrants, was shown a red card after the incident and Italy went on to win on penalties after the match was tied 1-1 following extra time.

The Paris-based group called for an inquiry and said world soccer's governing body FIFA had recently toughened sanctions against racism. "It's for this reason that SOS Racism asks in a determined fashion for FIFA to shed light on this altercation and that sanctions laid out in the official rules be applied should this be the case.

Neither Zidane nor Materazzi have spoken in public about what had passed between them before the incident. French television reported that Zidane would talk about the incident "in the coming days".

http://www.sabcnews.com/sport/soccer/0,2172,130960,00.html

stefano
07-10-2006, 07:37 PM
espn.com

"Italy defender Marco Materazzi has denied a report that he had called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'"

Lady M
07-10-2006, 07:41 PM
espn.com

"Italy defender Marco Materazzi has denied a report that he had called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'"
and you think he will say yes i say he's a terrorist
his words means nothing today
Materazzi is a dirty player and he show it during all his carreer

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-10-2006, 07:45 PM
I guess we'll find out in the coming days Zizou's version of the most incredibly, stupid thing I've ever seen in a game of that magnitude...

judaspriestess
07-10-2006, 08:07 PM
"Ironically, it is Zidane's France teammate Thierry Henry who has been spearheading efforts to rid the sport of racism; this began after Henry, who is of Caribbean descent, was subjected to hideous "monkey chants" at a match in Spain."

this is another reason why Zidane did what he did. Good for him. He still got the golden ball award.

violentkitten
07-10-2006, 09:08 PM
still an incredibly stupid play. find him after the game and beat him down if it offends you so

scott
07-10-2006, 09:14 PM
and you think he will say yes i say he's a terrorist
his words means nothing today
Materazzi is a dirty player and he show it during all his carreer

But we should believe the same country that annually accuses Lance Armstrong of being a doper?

Dre_7
07-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Zidane has a history of dirty play. Who cares what the other guy said?

My dad played pro soccer in Mexico when he was younger. Players say some awful, nasty, evil things, for the simple reason to get someone to do something that will get them carded and out the game. You dont headbutt someone, period.

Stupid play that probably cost France the game.

FromWayDowntown
07-10-2006, 09:43 PM

It likely didn't actually cost France the game. Zidane went out with 10 minutes left in the 2nd period of extra time. It is possible that the French might have scored had Zidane remained on the field, but I'd think it was highly unlikely, all things considered.

There can be no doubt that Trezeguet would have taken a PK just as he did yesterday -- likely early on in the PK process. Zidane would have taken a PK, but I'd think it would have been one of the later ones. In any event,t the key to the game was Trezeguet's miss, which had nothing to do with Zidane's absence. If the French miss had come from someone who wouldn't normally have taken a PK, I'd say the argument that Zidane cost his team the game would be a good one. That didn't happen.

Phenomanul
07-10-2006, 09:45 PM
Zidane has a history of dirty play. Who cares what the other guy said?

My dad played pro soccer in Mexico when he was younger. Players say some awful, nasty, evil things, for the simple reason to get someone to do something that will get them carded and out the game. You dont headbutt someone, period.

Cool, what team did he play for...???

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Smart move by the Italian player.

E20
07-10-2006, 09:54 PM
This isn't about that ^^^ :lol

Slinkyman
07-10-2006, 11:00 PM
If 'dirty terrorist' gets you a headbutt in the chest what did the saudi arabian player say to get his balls stomped?

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-10-2006, 11:14 PM
the Italian team and Italian league is a disgrace to the game of football

Trainwreck2100
07-10-2006, 11:20 PM

Is that where Quincy Carter ended up going?

velik_m
07-11-2006, 12:06 AM
Zidane the flawed genius

By Andrew McKenzie

ZIDANE HIGHLIGHTS
1972: Born 23 June, Marseille
1994: Makes France debut, scoring twice in 17 minutes
1998: Scores twice to help France win World Cup
1998: European Player of the Year
2000: Player of the tournament after France win Euro 2000
2002: Wins Champions League
2003: Fifa World Player of the Year for third time

There was no fairytale ending to Zinedine Zidane's storybook career on Sunday.

The 34-year-old Frenchman steps down from his position as the greatest player of his generation, having tasted success at World Cup, European Championship and Champions League level.

But alongside his three World Player of the Year awards and his La Liga and Serie A titles, Zidane's career will be forever remembered for a moment of madness on the world's biggest stage.

It was a night when his reputation was tainted forever - when he showed he could not control his temper like he can a football.

An ugly departure for someone whose artistry so often lit up the beautiful game.

But as disappointing and shocking as it was, it was not the first time the dark side of France's flawed footballing genius has emerged.

Zidane grew up in a tower block in a poor estate in Marseille, known mainly for its high unemployment and suicide rate.

He once admitted his "desire never to stop fighting is something else I learnt in the place where I grew up".

Zidane overcame early rejection - he was born to Algerian parents but the Algerian national coach said he was too slow. His boyhood idols Marseille judged him not good enough.

Instead he got his chances with Cannes, and then Bordeaux, before Juventus came calling, and there he won two straight Serie A titles and reached successive European Cup finals.

For many people he can never be put at the level of (1980s legend) Michel Platini because of Sunday night
French journalist Xavier Rivoire

The midfield maestro finished on the losing side on both occasions, but any disappointment at the defeat by Real Madrid in the 1998 final was soon erased with France's World Cup victory on home soil that summer.

Zidane emerged as France's inspiration after a two-match ban for stamping on Saudi Arabia skipper Fuad Amin in the group stages.

Skipper Didier Deschamps put his indiscretion down "to his Mediterranean character, which he cannot always control".

A regretful Zidane explained: "'My nervousness and my conduct were due principally to the pressure I have been under. I will learn."

He may not have learned his lesson but he was quickly forgiven and his two goals in the final sealed the trophy.

Zidane's image was projected onto the Arc de Triomphe and the French public called for him to be made president.

France and Zidane added the European title in 2000 and the following year he was off to Real Madrid for a world record fee of £46.5m.

FRENCH PRESS REACTION
"A final and odious headbutt. We were left speechless by such stupidity" - Figaro
"This exit from football is unworthy of him" - Le Parisien
"How could this happen to a man like you?" - L'Equipe
"He is prone like all of us to weakness and anger" - La Montagne
"Too much pressure, too much worshipping of a player who was made for a quiet, simple life" - La Republique du Centre
"Zidane botched his exit" - L'Est republicain

But his final season at Juventus was soured by a five-match ban for headbutting Jochen Kientz during a Champions League game with Hamburg.

Without their talisman Juve crashed out of Europe at the group stages.

Such moments failed to stop Zidane's rise and at Hampden Park in 2002 he finally got his hands on a Champions League medal after a stunning volleyed winner.

The 2002-2003 season saw him win the last of his three World Player awards and his one and only La Liga title with Madrid.

That was the final season of silverware of his career as his powers began to fade and he bowed out of international football after Euro 2004.

He went back on that decision in time to help Les Bleus to qualify, but the group stages in Germany suggested it was a major competition too far for an out-of-sorts Zidane.

However, he played the knock-out stages as if his life - and not just the prolonging of his career - depended on it.

France coach Raymond Domenech pleaded with him not to retire after he almost single-handedly dismantled Brazil in the quarter-finals.

But after his final fall from grace how will Zidane, voted the best European player of the last 50 years by Uefa in 2004, be remembered in France?

Xavier Rivoire of France Football magazine told BBC Sport: "He was an amazing player but at the same time I believe what he did against Italy is also what he will be remembered for.

"There is a history of violent conduct - it's not the first time he has been expelled, it has happened many times before.

"He will be remembered for all the good things has done but for many people he can never be put at the level of (1980s legend) Michel Platini because of Sunday night."

France's president Jacques Chirac did not totally agree, preferring to remember Zidane for what he had done for the country and displaying "the greatest human qualities".

And French fans also turned up in their thousands to cheer Zidane as well as the team on their return to Paris on Monday.

But Sunday was still a final reminder of the human frailty of a player who so often looked like he was from another planet.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/france/5165296.stm

Dre_7
07-11-2006, 01:15 AM
Cool, what team did he play for...???

Monterrey, until unfortunately (rather fortuneatly for me cuz then he woulda never met my mom and I woulda never been born) he blew out his knee. So it didnt last long.

Dre_7
07-11-2006, 01:17 AM

Zidane headbutted somone. And a couple WCs ago he stomped on a player. Whos the disgrace??

TDMVPDPOY
07-11-2006, 01:49 AM
http://zprichard.googlepages.com/zezou.gif

polandprzem
07-11-2006, 02:09 AM
It likely didn't actually cost France the game. Zidane went out with 10 minutes left in the 2nd period of extra time. It is possible that the French might have scored had Zidane remained on the field, but I'd think it was highly unlikely, all things considered.

There can be no doubt that Trezeguet would have taken a PK just as he did yesterday -- likely early on in the PK process. Zidane would have taken a PK, but I'd think it would have been one of the later ones. In any event,t the key to the game was Trezeguet's miss, which had nothing to do with Zidane's absence. If the French miss had come from someone who wouldn't normally have taken a PK, I'd say the argument that Zidane cost his team the game would be a good one. That didn't happen.

France was dominating, so if he was that final minutes on the field they probably would score.

pache100
07-11-2006, 03:47 PM
I heard that Materazzi called Zidane's MOTHER a "dirty terrorist" (but his language was not that clean). In any case, this was a poor and costly reaction to verbal taunting. He lost the game for his team. And he could have killed Materazzi or himself. There have been several baseball players who died from being hit in the sternum with a hit baseball because it stops their heart. He could have killed him or caused serious damage to his heart. He also could have caused himself a head injury. Stupid. Immature. Sensationalist. Uncalled for.

But, what are they gonna do, suspend him? Wasn't that Zidane's last game?

polandprzem
07-11-2006, 03:54 PM
....(but his language was not that clean)...

It was dirty.

:drunk

David Bowie
07-11-2006, 04:01 PM
It bothers me that everyone says that France lost because of Zidane's ejection. It really cheapens the Italian victory and their effort. There's absolutly no guarantee that France would have won had Zidane stayed. If it did go to pk's, Zidane probably would hae scored. However, that guy who missed probably would have still missed, or someone else could have missed. I mean, Italy made all of their pk's. And its also sad that Zidane's outburst, which was uncalled for no matter what he was told, overshadowed the final itself. These guys are profesionals and get payed millions of dollars o keep their cool under pressure.

resistanze
07-11-2006, 09:06 PM
People are just jumping on whatever the next guy is saying. How the hell would they have won if Zidane stayed? You're banking on France scoring in the last 8 minutes with 10 Italy players falling back to defend? Did you even watch the game?

On top of that, the two people you'd expect Zidane to replace (Abidal or Sagnol -- both Sidebacks) scored. So Zidane scoring (if he would've) is irrelevant. I mean if you wanna critcize his actions, fine. But don't add some stupid shit just to add drama.

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2006, 10:14 PM
People are just jumping on whatever the next guy is saying. How the hell would they have won if Zidane stayed? You're banking on France scoring in the last 8 minutes with 10 Italy players falling back to defend? Did you even watch the game?

Counting on France to get a goal in the last 8 minutes of a Cup Final against a side that conceded only an own goal and a goal on a penalty over the course of the entire tournament. I'm skeptical.

judaspriestess
07-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Times:

"... The Times enlisted the help of an expert lip reader, Jessica Rees, to determine the precise nature of the dialogue that caused Zidane to react in such a manner.

After an exhaustive study of the match video, and with the help of an Italian translator, Rees claimed that Materazzi called Zidane “the son of a terrorist whore” before adding “so just f*** off” for good measure, supporting the natural assumption that the Frenchman must have been grievously insulted."
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,28749-2263995,0...

07-12-2006, 12:39 AM
I don't think anyone really cares what he said. Zidane is still a fucking moron...

polandprzem
07-12-2006, 12:41 AM
I don't think anyone really cares what he said. Zidane is still a fucking moron...

He don't need more insults IMHO.

Strong words. I don't know how would be my reaction. Realy - what can you do? Hit Materazzi after the game?

07-12-2006, 12:57 AM

Strong words. I don't know how would be my reaction. Realy - what can you do? Hit Materazzi after the game?

How about leading your team to a win and becoming World Cup Champions...?

polandprzem
07-12-2006, 01:38 AM
How about leading your team to a win and becoming World Cup Champions...?

I would do it :tu

-------------edit

But coach did not selected me :( Now we have a new one Leo Beenhakker

stefano
07-12-2006, 04:31 AM
Se Materazzi ha detto veramente certe cose, voglio i suoi testicoli su un piatto. Sono schifata da quello che ho sentito - spiega - mio figlio ha fatto bene a difendere il nome della sua famiglia. Provo solo disgusto per Materazzi. Nessuno dovrebbe subire certi insulti, nè sul campo, nè fuori. Non mi importa se si trattava della finale dei Mondiali. Tutta la nostra famiglia è profondamente addolorata per il fatto che la carriera di Zinedine sia finita con un cartellino rosso. Almeno, però, lui ha mantenuto il suo onore. Certe cose sono più grandi e più importanti del calcio"

Zidane's Mummy ask for castrate Materazzi.... In Zidane family are all crazy... no word for this interview.

polandprzem
07-12-2006, 04:39 AM
Se Materazzi ha detto veramente certe cose, voglio i suoi testicoli su un piatto. Sono schifata da quello che ho sentito - spiega - mio figlio ha fatto bene a difendere il nome della sua famiglia. Provo solo disgusto per Materazzi. Nessuno dovrebbe subire certi insulti, nè sul campo, nè fuori. Non mi importa se si trattava della finale dei Mondiali. Tutta la nostra famiglia è profondamente addolorata per il fatto che la carriera di Zinedine sia finita con un cartellino rosso. Almeno, però, lui ha mantenuto il suo onore. Certe cose sono più grandi e più importanti del calcio"

Zidane's Mummy ask for castrate Materazzi.... In Zidane family are all crazy... no word for this interview.

hehe

SoCalSpursFan
07-12-2006, 04:45 AM
Not sure if this was posted already, but the BBC lip reader quoted the Italian as saying "I wish an ugly death to you and all your family....go **** yourself"

Wow.

Them's fightin' words!

Still, as their best player and captain, you need to compse yourself.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-12-2006, 04:58 AM
oh man i wished Materazzi played Rugby, nothing would be better than seeing his bitchy reaction to a proper hit.

1Parker1
07-12-2006, 10:08 AM
:lmao I just read an article on Fox where Zidan'es mother says he wants Materazzi's "balls on a plate"

Obstructed_View
07-12-2006, 10:15 AM
To find the answers, one need look no further than the great American cinema:

Dalton: If somebody gets in your face and calls you a cocksucker, I want you to be nice. Ask him to walk. Be nice. If he won't walk, walk him. But be nice. If you can't walk him, one of the others will help you, and you'll both be nice. I want you to remember that it's a job. It's nothing personal.

Steve: Being called a cocksucker isn't personal?

Dalton: No. It's two nouns combined to elicit a prescribed response.

Steve: What if somebody callas my mama a whore?

Dalton: Is she?

Slinkyman
07-12-2006, 11:16 AM

How about realize that Materazzi is just trying to get into your head and piss you off so that you go off and hit him. Materazzi played a mind game with Zidane and he lost badly.

polandprzem
07-12-2006, 11:28 AM
How about realize that Materazzi is just trying to get into your head and piss you off so that you go off and hit him. Materazzi played a mind game with Zidane and he lost badly.

You are assuming that I think he did the right thing?

Slinkyman
07-12-2006, 11:50 AM
You are assuming that I think he did the right thing?

I'm assuming you think Zidane should have been upset by what the other guy said.

stefano
07-12-2006, 01:27 PM
Zidane speaks with journalist and say that materazzi have insulted the girls of his family. When the journalist ask him if his mother was insulted, he didn't answer Simply because Materazzi lost his mother and never insult mothers.....
Zidane however says that no one can put "foot in his head"....

Zidane is a little little little man... I'm so happy that we win against him...... a casa omuncolo!! go home little man.

i would remember at all the people that Zidane hit with an headbutt a leverkusen player when he was a juventus' player. And when he was 14, he run in all the field to give a punch against an adversy. He isn't new in this.....
During France-Spain He said "Hico de puta" to a spanish player... and what should the spanish player doing? Give him a punch? (probably there are many mistakes because i don't remembre the conditional or ipotetical tence..)

pache100
07-12-2006, 01:31 PM
But don't add some stupid shit just to add drama.

Don't discount everyone else's opinions because they don't agree with you. I don't watch much soccer. But I watched that game. And I stand by my observation...I am not adopting anyone else's opinions and I'm not jumping on anyone else's bandwagon.

:clap

boutons_
07-12-2006, 01:39 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5169342.stm

nkdlunch
07-12-2006, 01:50 PM
"I didn't insult his mother. I lost my mother when I was 15 years old and still get emotional when I talk about it.

"Naturally, I didn't know that his mother was in hospital but I wish her all the best.

"Zidane is my hero and I have always admired him a lot."

:lol Materazzi should definitely get the Oscar

resistanze
07-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Don't discount everyone else's opinions because they don't agree with you. I don't watch much soccer. But I watched that game. And I stand by my observation...I am not adopting anyone else's opinions and I'm not jumping on anyone else's bandwagon.

Just because it's an opinion doesn't make it valid. It could be my opinion that I could beat Tim Duncan 1-on-1. So What? There has to be a basis to your opinion, in particular based on knowledge of the topic you're discussing.

I've clearly explained why Zidane's sending off hardly afffected the outcome of the game. What's your reason for believing it did?

judaspriestess
07-12-2006, 02:07 PM
Materazzi used 'very hard words', says Zidane

Paris - French football icon Zinedine Zidane on Wednesday said he was sorry for head-butting an Italian opponent during the World Cup final against Italy.

But he said in a French television interview that defender Marco Materazzi had brought on the gesture by insulting him with some "very hard words".

"I want to ask for forgiveness from all the children who watched that. There was no excuse for it," he said.

"I want to be open and honest about it because it was seen by two or three billion people watching on television and millions and millions of children were watching."

Asked what exactly Materazzi had said, Zidane would only say that it was "very personal and concerned his mother and his sister".

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=19&art_id=i...

1Parker1
07-12-2006, 02:11 PM
:lmao I just read an article on Fox where Zidan'es mother says he wants Materazzi's "balls on a plate"

WTF, Fox news is completely unreliable!!!! That article had the headline saying "Zidan's Mother: "I want Materazzi's balls on a plate" and his mom is dead? :wtf

Trainwreck2100
07-12-2006, 02:23 PM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/179978/zidane_vs_materazzi_the_movie/

stefano
07-12-2006, 02:37 PM
..."very personal and concerned his mother and his sister".

http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?click_id=19&art_id=i...
I have seen the press on tv and he never say this. He says: he offendend the girls of my family.....

judaspriestess
07-13-2006, 01:31 PM
Fifa opens inquiry over Materazzi

Fifa has begun disciplinary proceedings against Marco Materazzi in light of his conduct in the World Cup final.
France skipper Zinedine Zidane was sent off in extra-time for headbutting Italy defender Materazzi in the chest.

Italy went on to win the title in a penalty shoot-out, but Zidane has since said he reacted to repeated provocation from his opponent.

Fifa has summoned both players to attend a hearing of its disciplinary committee on Thursday 20 July.

A decision is expected later that day.

Zidane said in an interview on French television that his actions were in response to repeated harsh insults from Materazzi about his mother and sister, but did not go into specifics.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006...

Beer is Good
07-13-2006, 03:57 PM
If only this worked in the NBA. Bruce could have called Dirk's mom a nazi whore and Dirk could have headbutted Bruce and been thrown out of game 7. Oh wait, I bet both Dirk and Bruce have more self control than that. If talking shit elicited a Zidane response every time in the NBA, it'd be Detroit in November every day.

stefano
07-13-2006, 05:53 PM
http://widelec.org/zidane.html

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2006, 10:25 PM
there is talk about a french lawyer wantin to replay the finals game cose the rules say they cant use video footage to make decisions, sumshit like that

Obstructed_View
07-14-2006, 12:44 AM
"Soccer sucks."
-sequ

orhe
07-15-2006, 10:27 AM
soccer is a beautiful game :)

know what if i wanted to change some rules in soccer i'd limit the offside rule to a certain part of the field and have a rule just like a 3 second rule in basketball

judaspriestess
07-15-2006, 02:27 PM
I agree soccer is magnafique!!

I guess to each their own for the ones who hate soccer.

Slinkyman
07-15-2006, 08:28 PM
"All their players (France) tested positive ... for being a** holes," the seven-time Tour de France winner Armstrong was quoted as saying in the Los Angeles Daily News on Friday. :lol :lol :lol
:elephant :elephant :elephant

E20
07-15-2006, 09:08 PM
At least they don't dope.

And it's nothing asshole-like how most of the French players support and follow Henry's theme and campaign against racisim.

resistanze
07-15-2006, 11:30 PM
His whole French-bashing gimmick got old a while ago. If people weren't so much on that "Sticking-it-to the-French-in-meaningless-ways" bandwagon they'd be saying how cycling in tight yellow shorts is gay.

Slinkyman
07-15-2006, 11:52 PM
His whole French-bashing gimmick got old a while ago. If people weren't so much on that "Sticking-it-to the-French-in-meaningless-ways" bandwagon they'd be saying how cycling in tight yellow shorts is gay.

The Lance is on 'roids gimmick is getting old as well.