PDA

View Full Version : T-park

Hook Dem
10-18-2004, 10:33 PM
.......your cardinals????? :lol

pooh
10-18-2004, 10:35 PM
TPark is probably hiding under his Cards blanket saying "There's no place like Busch" :)

ShoogarBear
10-18-2004, 10:36 PM
*chirp* *chirp*
http://www.pma.edmonton.ab.ca/natural/insects/projects/_images/hscrick.jpg

T Park
10-18-2004, 11:05 PM
What about em.

Lost a tough game tonight, Woody Williams pitched a great game, Backe pitched better, Kent is a good hitter, conrgats to the Astros, got game 6 wednesday.

If the Astros win wednesday, wich is moe than likely with Roger Clemens pitching, then Ill be 100% behind the Astros.

This season for ME, is already a great one.

This team wasnt even supposed to be in the playoffs, yet they won 105 games, theyve made it to the NLCS for the 3rd time in 5 years.

The farm system has good pitchers on the rise.

Pujols Rolen and Renteria are young and will be around for a long time.

Like I say with the Spurs, its a game, the sun comes up tommarow, and everything is normal.

IcemanCometh
10-18-2004, 11:10 PM
tpark already giving up, thats kinda sad to see

T Park
10-18-2004, 11:14 PM
Havent given up.

Just being realistic.

The cardinals look like a team thats totally exhausted, and plus, the Astros are blinding white hot right now.

The Cardinals can still win this series, but that would be dependent on Suppan and Morris pitching great and the bats waking back up, but, who knows.

Im just being realistic, and Roger Clemens on wednesday may be too tough to handle.

Even if you get by him, youve got Oswalt on game 7.

Its not looking good tis all.

Hook Dem
10-19-2004, 10:24 AM
What about em.

Lost a tough game tonight, Woody Williams pitched a great game, Backe pitched better, Kent is a good hitter, conrgats to the Astros, got game 6 wednesday.

If the Astros win wednesday, wich is moe than likely with Roger Clemens pitching, then Ill be 100% behind the Astros.

This season for ME, is already a great one.

This team wasnt even supposed to be in the playoffs, yet they won 105 games, theyve made it to the NLCS for the 3rd time in 5 years.

The farm system has good pitchers on the rise.

Pujols Rolen and Renteria are young and will be around for a long time.

Like I say with the Spurs, its a game, the sun comes up tommarow, and everything is normal.
Answered like a man T-park. I don't think Backe pitched any better than Williams. Both were great. If your Cardinals win this thing, I'll back them against either the Yankees or Red Sox. I just hope Houston will keep Beltran next year. Backe looks to be joining the ranks of the good ones also. Good luck!

Jimcs50
10-19-2004, 11:06 AM
TPark, you are a better man than I, I would be crying like a baby about right now. :)

T Park
10-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Well thank you, but like I said, I have the attitude already, that this season is a huge success in that they proved so many people wrong, and the future looks good.

If they come back and win two in a row, great, if they dont, oh well, the Spurs are starting up soon.

Jimcs50
10-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Well thank you, but like I said, I have the attitude already, that this season is a huge success in that they proved so many people wrong, and the future looks good.

If they come back and win two in a row, great, if they dont, oh well, the Spurs are starting up soon.

Fuck the Spurs...they are chokers. It it still baseball time.

The problem is, when you get so close like St.Louis has, it feels worse when they lose. Like last year when Boston was 5 outs away from the WS, I hurt for weeks, this year, had they lost on Sunday or last night, I could take it easier. That being said, now that there is a glimmer of hope, if they fail tonight, or worse yet, tomorrow, I will puke my guts out. :)

Plus, I have the Astros to make the pain go away a little faster, but if they lose 6 and 7, then it will hurt, especially since they will not be able to keep this team together because of $.

T Park
10-19-2004, 12:57 PM
well Jim if I were an Astros fan I would have the same attitude.

The Astros run is awesome, (Even though it never shouldve been, they were supposed to blow the Cardinals out of the water all year) and if they win, the fun continues, if not, the Season has been a humoungus success.

Jimcs50
10-19-2004, 01:04 PM
TPark, had they had Andy and Wade Miller all year, I think they could have given St. Louis a run for the division, especially after acquiring Beltran.

Spurminator
10-19-2004, 01:43 PM
I honestly didn't expect the Astros would get this far at the beginning of the season. Even though the Pettitte and Clemens acquisitions were hyped, I wasn't impressed with Andy's ERA last year, and I didn't expect Clemens to be much more than an average starter. Plus, considering we were going to have bats like Biggio (who sucked last year) Everett (ditto) and Ausmus (has always sucked with the bat) in our everyday lineup... and with Jimy Williams managing, I truly expected another near miss of the Playoffs.

But then they started off on a roll, and I thought they'd run away with the division.

T Park
10-19-2004, 02:33 PM
Pettite Ill agree with, Wade Miller??? Hes an OK starter, hell I think right now, Backe is a better pitcher.

Spurminator
10-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Wade Miller would be the ace of half of the teams in baseball.

Jimcs50
10-19-2004, 02:45 PM
He has been a stud the last few years. His career ERA is less than 4, he has 4 great pitches and he can swing the bat.