PDA

View Full Version : If for some reason the Spurs can't fill the roster holes...

Extra Stout
07-11-2006, 08:27 AM
I think it still could be a great marketing opportunity.

Have "Nineties Nostalgia Nights."

1) First 1,000 paying customers get a free J.R. Reid bobblehead doll.

2) Go back to playing "Y'all Ready for This" during player intros...

:oops

SpursWillOwn
07-11-2006, 10:40 AM
i love your americanish threads. they are hot. keep it up.

SPARKY
07-11-2006, 10:46 AM
If the Spurs can't get competent bigman play from two guys who were making a combined $12 million or so they might as well pick up some random odds and ends and insert those into the frontcourt rotation. The bigman market is fraught with peril. The Spurs have platinum gold already. Save the coin for some top notch perimeter talent.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-11-2006, 11:31 AM
The ultimate in fan interaction: 1,000th fan through the gate at AT&T Center gets to be the starting center!

For road games they can grab a young street balla, like the And 1 tour does.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-11-2006, 06:12 PM
The ultimate in fan interaction: 1,000th fan through the gate at AT&T Center gets to be the starting center!

Good idea. Couldn't put up worse numbers than our most recent big men.

What was Rasho's stat line most nights 4 and 3? I could do that and play "great position defense".

AMOS7
07-11-2006, 06:24 PM

:lol

50 cent
07-11-2006, 06:34 PM

What do you mean "go back"? They still haven't stopped!

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2006, 07:33 PM

You're right -- that would be sweeet!

Bob Lanier
07-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Speaking of which, you know who would be the perfect player to fill the void in the Spurs frontcourt?

<------- Y'all ready?

baseline bum
07-11-2006, 08:03 PM
He was perfect for us in 95. His performance made Nazr and Rasho look like freaking Wilt against Dallas.

Extra Stout
07-11-2006, 11:07 PM
I've got it!

The Spurs are going with the aging, threadbare lineup which will be *perfect* for tanking games once Tim, Tony, and Manu all go down with season-ending "injuries" in November.

The Spurs will go 19-63, win their decennial draft lottery, and draft Greg Oden to go next to Timmy.

'08 champs, baby!

Rick Von Braun
07-11-2006, 11:46 PM
I've got it!

The Spurs are going with the aging, threadbare lineup which will be *perfect* for tanking games once Tim, Tony, and Manu all go down with season-ending "injuries" in November.

The Spurs will go 19-63, win their decennial draft lottery, and draft Greg Oden to go next to Timmy.

'08 champs, baby!

Speaking of which... I wonder how many teams will seriously tank the season to improve the chances of landing Greg Oden. It will be fun.

Trainwreck2100
07-11-2006, 11:55 PM
I've got it!

'08 champs, baby!

It's already in the stars, I've said this a gazillion times, 87 Drob 97 Duncan 07???

polandprzem
07-12-2006, 12:12 AM
I woke up and my dream was about Shaq and wade. They were talking to the ppl on some kind of parade, and Shaq was talking all the time while Wade was not that popular. And there was something about Shaq in Chicago. I was thinking wow ben and Shaq in the same team.

That's it

And if the spurs can't fill in the roster they will be in a hole