PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Gardner G 6'5" / 213

Lebowski Brickowski
07-11-2006, 09:09 AM
"Thomas Gardner wasn't taken in the NBA draft last month, but he'll get a chance with the San Antonio Spurs summer team.

'He has an offer in Europe,' agent Bill McCandless told The Kansas City Star on Monday. 'But San Antonio had an interest before the draft, during the draft and after the draft. That's what he's going to do.'

Gardner, Missouri's leading scorer last season as a junior, is nursing a sore finger on his non-shooting left hand. It was hurt during a workout with Portland before the draft and then injured again in a subsequent workout with Seattle." -- topix.net

wing player that brings great energy, emotion and leadership to the Tigers on both ends of the floor ... A defensive catalyst that has developed into Mizzou's top perimeter and on-ball defender ... Can create his own shot and is at his best when moving towards the hoop ... Has worked on his mid-range game throughout the off-season and a consistent jumper will allow him to take strides towards becoming one of the League's more complete players ... Is a much better shooter than the 2004-05 numbers showed, as evidenced by his 85.2 percent success rate at the charity stripe over his career.

MajorMike
07-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Not on summer roster, tho.

MoSpur
07-11-2006, 09:48 AM
He is going to play on the summer league team.

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2006, 09:52 AM
Does this team really need another 6'5" wing? I could see the point in seeking those players, perhaps, if you can move Barry in the short term. But this is Team Wing Man right now. Adding more wings doesn't seem to make much sense.

ducks
07-11-2006, 02:21 PM
He is going to play on the summer league team.
nursing a sore finger on his non-shooting left hand.

ducks
07-11-2006, 02:21 PM
maybe barry is GONE

Lebowski Brickowski
07-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I like these parts....

"...A defensive catalyst that has developed into Mizzou's top perimeter and on-ball defender ... Can create his own shot and is at his best when moving towards the hoop ... 85.2 percent success rate at the charity stripe over his career.

Bruce's replacement? Probably not given he's only 6'5".

ducks
07-13-2006, 09:06 AM
Gardner took part in five workouts with the Spurs from Monday through Wednesday
Former Missouri men’s basketball standout and NBA hopeful Thomas Gardner will learn if he has a future with the San Antonio Spurs today.

Gardner was chosen to participate in summer league free agent tryouts for the Spurs earlier this week and took part in five workouts with the Spurs from Monday through Wednesday.

If Gardner makes the Spurs’ summer league roster, he must participate in one final team practice before traveling to Salt Lake City, Utah, where he will play in the Rocky Mountain Revue Summer League starting Friday.

Summer League teams from San Antonio, Atlanta, Dallas, Philadelphia, Seattle and Utah will participate in the event. Each team is scheduled to play six games during the weeklong event.

http://columbiamissourian.com/sports/story.php?ID=20598

Mr. Body
07-13-2006, 09:29 AM
The best news all week! :drunk

MajorMike
07-13-2006, 11:38 AM
With all due respect, Gardrer was NEVER a standout player. He was 3rd team All B12 and earned POW once, over the holidays, for scoring 30 points each in a loss to Davidson and a 1-point win over Texas A&M Corpus Christi. All he ever does is jack 3s. The made more 3s (94) than he did 2s (92). His Assist/Turnover Ratio was -2.04.

And he is a MAJOR defensive liability.

Mr. Body
07-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Give me Renaldo Balkman any day.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-13-2006, 12:36 PM
If he can run some point that would be lovely.

6'5...one of the best "on the ball defenders" in college. Sounds good to me.

Mr. Body
07-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Sounds like he's neither a ball handler nor a good defender.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Sounds like he's neither a ball handler nor a good defender.

wing player that brings great energy, emotion and leadership to the Tigers on both ends of the floor ... A defensive catalyst that has developed into Mizzou's top perimeter and on-ball defender ...

Sounds like a decent defender to me.

MajorMike
07-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Sounds like a decent defender to me.

Mizzou's top perimeter and on-ball defender

Mizzou was 12-16, lost to Sam Houston, Davidon and Baylor. If not for the miracle win at uo they finish dead last in the B12. They were next to last in points allowed and FG % D. Next to last in steals.

Being named Mizzou's best defender is like being named the Bobcat's best defender.

Beer is Good
07-13-2006, 02:30 PM
The Spurs' front office is bored and fishing right now while they wait for Butler to come or stay in NY. This kid has no chance of playing with Bowen, Manu, Barry, and Finley all commanding big mintues.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2006, 02:39 PM
The only guards, hell the only players that might join the team out of the RMR are Melvin Sanders or Donta Smith.

Mr. Body
07-13-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm pretty sure what the Spurs were doing, instead of planning out a big man strategy and executing it, was attending FIVE Thomas Gardner workouts at the beginning of the week.

I don't think they care anymore.

MajorMike
07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
The only guards, hell the only players that might join the team out of the RMR are Melvin Sanders or Donta Smith.

I look for Melvin to have a stellar Summer. Biggest problem right now is that we are stacked at the 2/3. Melvin has the skills, and he defense is amazing.

Beer is Good
07-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Gardner took part in five workouts with the Spurs from Monday through Wednesday
Former Missouri men’s basketball standout and NBA hopeful Thomas Gardner will learn if he has a future with the San Antonio Spurs today.

Gardner was chosen to participate in summer league free agent tryouts for the Spurs earlier this week and took part in five workouts with the Spurs from Monday through Wednesday.
If Gardner makes the Spurs’ summer league roster, he must participate in one final team practice before traveling to Salt Lake City, Utah, where he will play in the Rocky Mountain Revue Summer League starting Friday.

Summer League teams from San Antonio, Atlanta, Dallas, Philadelphia, Seattle and Utah will participate in the event. Each team is scheduled to play six games during the weeklong event.

http://columbiamissourian.com/sports/story.php?ID=20598

I wan't to know who was in charge of the workouts. Maybe they sent the scrub GM wannabes to work him out for practice :lol :lol :lol Otherwise I have no idea what they are doing with this kid.