PDA

View Full Version : Two Spurs Targets Swapped For Each Other?

Notorious H.O.P.
07-11-2006, 09:51 AM
http://journaltimes.com/nucleus/index.php?blogid=24

Bucks center Jamaal Magloire is expected to be jettisoned to another zip code in the next couple of days. Some NBA officials claim the Bucks are still weighing offers from five teams, with Washington being one of them. Wizards swingman Jared Jeffries and guard Antonio Daniels - two underachievers - have been prominently mentioned as trade bait. You can also safely assume a third underachiever, Etan Thomas, whom Bucks GM Larry Harris vigorously pursued during free agency a couple of years ago, has also been mentioned in trade talks.

Yes it's not a done deal and is a blog entry as opposed to an official article but the possibility is there.

I'm not going to join the "sky is falling" crowd just yet but with the Spurs rummaging through the Free Agent Bargain Bin, the possibility of Javtokas not coming (interview and summer league roster omission) and now some of the Spurs potential trade targets possibly falling off the radar, it's obvious that something needs to be done sooner than later. Hopefully the "blockbuster trade" does indeed involve the Spurs and we get something solid in return.

picnroll
07-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Javtokas was never coming to the summer league. He's preparing for his NT play. His being on the Spurs' SL team was misinformation.

Mr. Body
07-11-2006, 10:00 AM
As is the translated interview someone found on a European message board. Javtokas will be a Spur next year.

Notorious H.O.P.
07-11-2006, 10:10 AM
The article was translated from a magazine, not from a message board. And I simply assumed that Javtokas wasn't on the SL team because he hadn't signed a contract yet.

Hey, I want Javtokas to come here as much as the next guy. I think we need his defensive presence and athleticism. Just discussing the possibilities.

The primary here is the possible Magloire for Jeffries though.