PDA

View Full Version : What will Beltran be worth?

SequSpur
10-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Dude is going to get paid!

2pac
10-18-2004, 11:58 PM
CUBS said they would pay whatever they needed to pay.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-19-2004, 01:30 AM
damn.... i swear, if the yankees get beltran, like they get every other high paid star, I WILL NEVER WATCH ANYTHING THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO W/THE SPORT OF BASEBALL!!!

timvp
10-19-2004, 02:08 AM
Baseball is already dead. The difference in money spent team to team is out of control. The playoffs are fun to watch but the actual sport is gone until there is some type of salary cap/revenue sharing.

Marcus Bryant
10-19-2004, 06:55 AM
What will Beltran be worth?

Whatever the Yankees pay him.

Spurminator
10-19-2004, 08:15 AM
I'm guessing something along the lines of Vlad Guerrero's 5 yr/$70 million contract.

tlongII
10-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Beltran is worth $15-18 M per year. The Mariners will go after him hard. They have money available and he would be a perfect fit for their team.....of course he would be a perfect fit anywhere! LOL!

PeterBurns
10-19-2004, 09:35 AM
A few things.

TLong Hit it on the head. Between 15-18 mill next year.
Not an A-Rod type deal but should be worth more than Vlad's deal.

He has said that he would like to come back to the 'Stros, but that would require some serious Steinbrenner-like moves by Drayton. With Bagwell and Biggion needing new deals.

Cubs could make a move, but Yankees should be the front runner along with the 'Stros.

I don't see the Seattle deal. A) He just came from a non-contender, B) Guy is clutch in playoffs. C) Seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

A+B+C= Why make 2mill/more a year to play for a team that just finished in the cellar, when you can still make bank and play in the post-season. You could make up that 2mill/yr in endorsements alone in NY or HOU.

My .02

Spurminator
10-19-2004, 09:40 AM
It would be nice for the Astros to win the World Series this year, because that might influence Biggio and Bagwell to retire... maybe Ausmus too. That would free up a lot of money to sign Beltran, Berkman and Oswalt.

tlongII
10-19-2004, 10:00 AM
A few things.

TLong Hit it on the head. Between 15-18 mill next year.
Not an A-Rod type deal but should be worth more than Vlad's deal.

He has said that he would like to come back to the 'Stros, but that would require some serious Steinbrenner-like moves by Drayton. With Bagwell and Biggion needing new deals.

Cubs could make a move, but Yankees should be the front runner along with the 'Stros.

I don't see the Seattle deal. A) He just came from a non-contender, B) Guy is clutch in playoffs. C) Seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

A+B+C= Why make 2mill/more a year to play for a team that just finished in the cellar, when you can still make bank and play in the post-season. You could make up that 2mill/yr in endorsements alone in NY or HOU.

My .02

Seattle will be a contender next season. They have some good pieces to work with since they brought up Reed and Lopez from the minors this season and jettisoned some higher priced players. They have tremendous fan support and a great stadium. With a couple of FA signings they will be right in the mix.

Jimcs50
10-19-2004, 11:07 AM
tlong, can you imagine jow many runs Ichiro would score with Beltra hitting two men behind him? 200? 300?

T Park
10-19-2004, 12:51 PM
The Yankees will more than likely go after him.

But if I were the owner of the "Stros, I would give him his 17 mill a year and get it over with.

THe Cardinals got lucky signing Pujols to a 8 years 80 million contract. Way under market value.

THeyll have to sacrafice Morris and Woody WIlliams (wich is fine, Ankiel and Danny Haren will replace those two.) to resign Edgar Renteria.

But if I were the Astros, Id pay Beltran and secure that center field position for years.

Then resign Biggio and Bagwell cheaply.

If not, If Im the Cardinals Im first in line to get Craig Biggio. The dude is amazing, he can still play and seems to come up with clutch hits.

Jimcs50
10-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Yes, Wommack is a little long in the tooth as well.

T Park
10-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Womack had played well very well all year until the NLCS.

Its funny, he was a big game player in Arizona as was Reggie Sanders, and they both have stunk.

Oh well.

SequSpur
10-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Bagwell is due 15 mill next year and 17 the year after that. Do you all even pay attention?

No way can the Astros pay him. Also, nobody in the MLB wants Biggio and Bagwell, and why would they retire when they have jack coming there way??????????

Last time I checked Biggio and Bagwell collected big checks for regular season performances.

If it wasn't for Clemens and Beltran, the Astros would be home sniffing that shitty air.

Beltran is GONE.

Jimcs50
10-19-2004, 07:09 PM
^^^^typical pesimistic shit from Mr Negative.