PDA

View Full Version : Lebron, Wade, Melo all to sign 3 year deals

CavsFan89
07-11-2006, 09:28 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2516735

Lebron is a trend setter

NBA Junkie
07-11-2006, 09:31 PM
It proves that Wade is a follower and not a leader.

CavsFan89
07-11-2006, 09:31 PM
I guess they all want to leave :rolleyes

CavsFan89
07-11-2006, 09:32 PM
It proves that Lebron is a Leader.....

atxrocker
07-11-2006, 09:33 PM

what a fucking douche you are. :lol :lol kinda funny though. i guess he didn't wait to "lead" his team to a title and winning the finals mvp. get a clue.

atxrocker
07-11-2006, 09:33 PM
It proves that Lebron is a Leader.....

uh.. his early playoff exit proved he has a long way to go in that area.

CavsFan89
07-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Lebron>Wade>Melo>Bosh....

awmyplace
07-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Lebron>Wade>Melo>Bosh....

:rolleyes

awmyplace
07-11-2006, 09:37 PM

Wade is a leader not a follower.

CavsFan89
07-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Remember Lebron is younger than Wade and he has Shaq..Lebron has Z :rolleyes

And everyone knows Wade Melo and Lebron are all Leaders on the court; Lebron is the only Leader off the court :spin

Burn531
07-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Wade is a leader not a follower.

I hate you.

atxrocker
07-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Remember Lebron is younger than Wade and he has Shaq..Lebron has Z :rolleyes

I wouldn't expect anything less from an absolute homer. quick to forget that we are talking about an AGING Shaq, and much of the bench only being shells of the players they were. It was Wade who willed his team to a title. It was Wade who single-handidly brought them back from the brink of elimination and fought to get back in the series. Come back after LeBron is able to do the same.

awmyplace
07-11-2006, 09:47 PM
I hate you.

I don't care if you hate me.

DirkAB
07-11-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't care if you hate me.

We don't care if you don't care...................(waits for her to reply)

TDMVPDPOY
07-11-2006, 09:49 PM
lmo if they all end up on one team in 3 yrs

awmyplace
07-11-2006, 09:50 PM
We don't care if you don't care...................(waits for her to reply)

I wasn't even talking to you.

DirkAB
07-11-2006, 09:54 PM
I wasn't even talking to you.

You can't help but hit the reply button, amazing.

awmyplace
07-11-2006, 10:04 PM
You can't help but hit the reply button, amazing.

:blah :blah :blah

NBA Junkie
07-11-2006, 10:20 PM

James > Wade

Wade's supporting cast > Lebron's supporting cast

Wade was sensational in the Finals against Dallas. No doubt about it. But, remember, he had help along the way. Mainly the series clincher against Detroit where Shaq and Jason Williams had his back when he was ill and ineffective. If Lebron had any help in games 6 & 7 against Detroit, it's a different story. We'll see how great Wade will be when that veteran Heat squad is forced to rebuild in a few years. I'm sure he'll continue to make them more respectable, but I think Lebron's long term potential is greater then Wade's.

awmyplace
07-11-2006, 10:26 PM
This is so funny!I can't stop laughing.I'm laughing so hard.

ro_50
07-11-2006, 10:28 PM
LeBron didnt start this trend, Tim Duncan did in the summer of 2000.

He signed a three year contract with a fourth year at a player's option.

awmyplace
07-11-2006, 10:30 PM

You're right!

NBA Junkie
07-11-2006, 10:31 PM
This is so funny!I can't stop laughing.I'm laughing so hard.

Yeah, I gotta admit that I feel the same way after I read all of your posts.

Now, oh great one, tell us in no less than 30 words why Wade is better than LeBron without hiding behind the old "Well he won an NBA title" excuse!

NBA Junkie
07-11-2006, 10:34 PM

The difference is that he didn't do it for money. He did it to determine the direction this franchise would go once the Admiral retired. The Finals victory in '03 and the shrewd draft selections of Parker and Ginobili made his decision to resign a no-brainer.

awmyplace
07-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I gotta admit that I feel the same way after I read all of your posts.

Now, oh great one, tell us in no less than 30 words why Wade is better than LeBron without hiding behind the old "Well he won an NBA title" excuse!

He is a leader.He listens to Shaq.He is a great player.When Shaq was injury this year he take over the game.He's a greatr shooter.

NBA Junkie
07-11-2006, 10:44 PM
He is a leader.He listens to Shaq.He is a great player.When Shaq was injury this year he take over the game.He's a greatr shooter.

Your points have major holes. If he's the unquestioned leader of the team, then why does he need guidance from O'Neal?

Great player? We already know this.

FYI, when O'Neal was sidelined earlier in the season, the Heat struggled to an 11-10 start.

And, true Wade has a better FG%, but there's no one in this forum who can debate that Wade is the better overall shooter in terms of perimeter shooting.

And, last, but not least, I asked for a 30 word explanation. You only gave me 27.

awmyplace
07-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Your points have major holes. If he's the unquestioned leader of the team, then why does he need guidance from O'Neal?

Great player? We already know this.

FYI, when O'Neal was sidelined earlier in the season, the Heat struggled to an 11-10 start.

And, true Wade has a better FG%, but there's no one in this forum who can debate that Wade is the better overall shooter in terms of perimeter shooting.

And, last, but not least, I asked for a 30 word explanation. You only gave me 27.

I agree with you!

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-12-2006, 03:13 AM
Bosh > Melo?!?! LOL

Sure, keep telling youselves that.

Anyway, Melo isn't doing a 3 year deal. he is sticking to his 5 year deal but adding an option after the 4th year. He isnt as greedy as the other two :smokin

awmyplace
07-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Lol!

exstatic
07-12-2006, 07:59 AM
The difference is that he didn't do it for money. He did it to determine the direction this franchise would go once the Admiral retired. The Finals victory in '03 and the shrewd draft selections of Parker and Ginobili made his decision to resign a no-brainer.
What? Are you breaking into his house and reading his diary? How the fuck do you know why he did it? I'll tell you...YOU DON'T.

strangeweather
07-12-2006, 08:54 AM
He didn't have Shaq and a team full of veterans backing him up and he still not only got his team to the second round, he nearly got them to the conference finals. LeBron's doing fine on that score.

NBA Junkie
07-12-2006, 08:54 AM
What? Are you breaking into his house and reading his diary? How the fuck do you know why he did it? I'll tell you...YOU DON'T.

Why else would his expired contract coincide with Robinson's expired contract?

I remember reading at the time of his 3 year signing in 2000 that he wanted to remain in SA as long as Robinson was still there. He was uncertain about his future after that.

Besides, he couldn't have been doing it for a more attractive raise a la Lebron. The CBA at the time was fairly new and their was no incentive for Duncan to opt out later for a bigger raise.

strangeweather
07-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Bosh > Melo?!?! LOL

Sure, keep telling youselves that.

Anyway, Melo isn't doing a 3 year deal. he is sticking to his 5 year deal but adding an option after the 4th year. He isnt as greedy as the other two :smokin
'Melo should take the money and run. :lol

sickdsm
07-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Melo and Wade are both morons.

I don't sign on the dotted line for anything more than a 100 bucks without thinking it through. It never crossed there mind to look at all possibilities?

There agents are either really stupid also or like it was said above, wade and melo are followers.

More money to morons.

Obstructed_View
07-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Tim Duncan is a leader.

sickdsm
07-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Because leaders need to wait and see who's with them before forging a path?

DDS4
07-12-2006, 10:44 AM
This has little to do with the players.

It just means Lebron's agent was reading the words and paying attention to what Duncan back in 2000.

sickdsm
07-12-2006, 02:30 PM
LOL, this is revolutionairy guys! This is basic understanding anyone with a cell phone or hs diploma has.

I find it funny that wade and melo could not think of something this basic ( i don't count tim's situation, he just wanted to make sure they didn't firesale like the marlins)

I suppose its groundbreaking that i signed a one year cell phone contract last year so i could coincide with family members contracts up and switch to a family plan on another network?

Call ESPN and Wade!