PDA

View Full Version : spurs should blow off free agency

coachmac87
07-12-2006, 02:02 AM
the spurs are going to be fine...get javtokas signed...and sign a scrub big man..ur tellin me that nazr wouldve been in the doghouse at all next year...

im fuckin throwed :drunk :smokin

Kori Ellis
07-12-2006, 03:00 AM
What I don't get is why people are freaking out that we lost two centers and got nothing back in return. I hope you realize that those two centers NEVER EVEN PLAYED in the series against Dallas. We will not need anyone bigger than Duncan against anyone in the West. It is not like Houston is a big threat right now. And I would feel comfortable with Duncan against Shaq if we met in the Finals.

So you are comfortable with a frontline of Duncan and Elson backed up by Horry and Oberto??

:drunk

Leetonidas
07-12-2006, 03:02 AM
So you are comfortable with a frontline of Duncan and Elson backed up by Horry and Oberto??

:drunk

Javtokas and Marks (maybe) too. :drunk

PhxDog
07-12-2006, 03:05 AM
I thought you guys played Michael Finley at PF.

Kori Ellis
07-12-2006, 03:06 AM

:lmao

Not by choice.

timvp
07-12-2006, 03:07 AM

Phoenix just owned San Antonio with that comment.

Props.

SilverPlayer
07-12-2006, 03:08 AM
I wouldn't be bothered by Javtokas, Bonner, and Horry. But we would need to fill in a good backup point, and I want our long three damnit.

SenorSpur
07-12-2006, 05:42 AM
By way of their own inactivity, I'm afraid they already have.

Quadzilla99
07-12-2006, 07:22 AM
What I don't get is why people are freaking out that we lost two centers and got nothing back in return. I hope you realize that those two centers NEVER EVEN PLAYED in the series against Dallas.
Exactly while we may not be as good at center next year w/o those two (depending on Javtokas) those two would have made a combined $13 million next year. I'd rather go with a couple of unknowns and give them a shot then pay $13+ million dollars for what we were getting last year at center. There's still the trade deadline during the season. We need 1 more center though hopefully not for $5 or so million dollars because no one out there right now deserves that, I'd rather we give some young guy or foreign player a chance.

MI21
07-12-2006, 08:16 AM
For fuck sake, just sign Reggie Evans. Spurs will then have a rather versatile frontline where players all get some minutes throughout the season because of there various skills.

Duncan - Superstar who can do anything.
Evans - Incredible rebounder who hustles and has athleticism.
Bonner - Perimeter type PF who can splash 3's and get under opponents skin.
Javtokas - Big bodied heavy physical type, hopefully.
Horry - Veteran perimeter type PF, clutch and good defense when can be bothered
IR - Probably a big body from NBDL or Summer League or Sean Marks perhaps.

I'd feel comfortable enough with that rotation especially if Javtokas is capable of 10-12 minutes of Center play.

SenorSpur
07-12-2006, 08:39 AM
The Spurs were not a good rebounding team last year - even with the two-headed monster at the five spot. If R.C. and Pop don't address it, thne they're idiots.

MajorMike
07-12-2006, 09:30 AM
By way of their own inactivity, I'm afraid they already have.

Word.

timvp
07-12-2006, 09:59 AM
For fuck sake, just sign Reggie Evans. Spurs will then have a rather versatile frontline where players all get some minutes throughout the season because of there various skills.

Duncan - Superstar who can do anything.
Evans - Incredible rebounder who hustles and has athleticism.
Bonner - Perimeter type PF who can splash 3's and get under opponents skin.
Javtokas - Big bodied heavy physical type, hopefully.
Horry - Veteran perimeter type PF, clutch and good defense when can be bothered
IR - Probably a big body from NBDL or Summer League or Sean Marks perhaps.

I'd feel comfortable enough with that rotation especially if Javtokas is capable of 10-12 minutes of Center play.

Sorry, this makes too much sense.

violentkitten
07-12-2006, 10:01 AM
what i hate is how the spurs act like they dont have the best big in the league so they have to pursue shitty ass centers

violentkitten
07-12-2006, 10:08 AM
also, what's with this "should" business? they've already blown it off.

furry_spurry
07-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Bingo-- why all this time spent chasing centers?

leemajors
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
also, what's with this "should" business? they've already blown it off.

yeah, they've just been twiddling their thumbs not doing a damn thing... :blah

violentkitten
07-12-2006, 10:20 AM
yeah they really made an all out effort to land someone.

fuck man they went after mourning with a cheap ass offer. give me a break.