PDA

View Full Version : Who will win Silva or Lidell?

Quadzilla99
07-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Pretty new to the whole MMA deal but I'm excited about the fight in November so who ya got?

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 10:43 AM
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/1076/1495/75261.jpg

judaspriestess
07-12-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm not very familiar with Silva but from what I understand he is on bad ass dude

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm not very familiar with Silva but from what I understand he is on bad ass dude

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JTHo0uaAbEY
http://media.putfile.com/silva-highlight
http://youtube.com/watch?v=c37AENeFA2Y

http://media.putfile.com/Wanderlei-Silva-Vs-Rampege
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vRRynD-wjT0 (Rampage Silva 2)

If you've never ordered a MMA PPV, order the Pride PPV Sept 10th...it's the final round of the open weight grand prix. 4 fighters left, have to win twice on the same night to win the title.

Silva (MW-LHW)
CroCop (HW)
Barnett (HW)
Big Nog (HW)

Shogun Rua (top 3 LHW in the world with Silva and Liddell) is also on the card in a non-tourny fight. Unlike UFC (normally), you'll get to see the whole card (8 or 9 fights)...

This was Silva's last fight in the tourny...against a HW that's nearly impossible to KO...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=K17NXteK_Zw

Mr Dio
07-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I'd say Chuck IF he makes it past Babalu who often submits his comp.

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I'd say Chuck IF he makes it past Babalu who often submits his comp.

So in your opinion, is Babalu or Silva a tougher opponent for Chuck??

Mr Dio
07-12-2006, 05:54 PM
I'd say current day Babalu.
That is my opinion.
Who will win?, I don't know. But I more than likely will bet on both fights.

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 06:03 PM
I'd say current day Babalu.
That is my opinion.
Who will win?, I don't know. But I more than likely will bet on both fights.

Since you seem to always refer to betting lines...

Give me your opinion on lines for:

Chuck - Babalu
Chuck - Silva
Silva - Babalu

Mr Dio
07-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Since you seem to always refer to betting lines...

Give me your opinion on lines for:

Chuck - Babalu
Chuck - Silva
Silva - Babalu

What did you want to know? What the odds might be? I can look them up but if they are favorable IMO then I'd take them. For instance, Tim S was +235(or something, depends who you go thru) & I failed to take him til it was down to +195 BUT, I did take him & the experts who had Tim as a dog were wrong. We all are at times. I also took Joe S @ +175.

I can only give my opinion since I can't tell the future. If I could tell the future I'd be buying 1 single lottery ticket every drawing.
I do refer to betting lines about 99% of the time.

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 06:28 PM
What did you want to know? What the odds might be? I can look them up but if they are favorable IMO then I'd take them. For instance, Tim S was +235(or something, depends who you go thru) & I failed to take him til it was down to +195 BUT, I did take him & the experts who had Tim as a dog were wrong. We all are at times. I also took Joe S @ +175.

I can only give my opinion since I can't tell the future. If I could tell the future I'd be buying 1 single lottery ticket every drawing.
I do refer to betting lines about 99% of the time.

I'm not asking you to predict the future...there are no lines out yet of course.

I'm asking you to tell me what you think the lines MIGHT be from Vegas...as a gauge to tell me what you think about the matchups / fighters...

Sylvia and Stevenson were both solid underdog picks. I haven't bet on MMA since I put a bunch on BJ Penn over GSP as the underdog... :drunk

NorCal510
07-12-2006, 09:05 PM
the thread starter is gay

Quadzilla99
07-12-2006, 09:09 PM
the thread starter is gaydevastating.

tsb2000
07-12-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm going with Liddell. Tito Ortiz was the man in UFC until Liddell dismantled him. Silva is a bad man, but I don't think he's bad enough.

cecil collins
07-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Chuck is not that great. I don't like Silva, but he will bury Lidell.

Dre_7
07-13-2006, 01:03 AM
From what my cousin tells me, who has been in kickboxing matches, and has experience in jiu jitsu, karate, and muay thai, Chuck doesnt stand a chance. He said that wanderlei is too strong, in much better condition, and is the best striker pound for pound in MMA.

Horry For 3!
07-13-2006, 01:33 AM
Tha Iceman is my fav UFCer

Mr Dio
07-13-2006, 02:31 PM
I'm asking you to tell me what you think the lines MIGHT be from Vegas...as a gauge to tell me what you think about the matchups / fighters...

I prefer to look @ a potential wager as who IMO will win.
IF, that side I like is a dog I then see if they are enough of a dog so that I may seriously consider taking them.

Exact lines/odds IDK.
I think Babalu will be a dog to Chuck & Chuck a dog to Silva.
How much of a dog IDK. I do hope that the dogs are heavy dogs though.

Mr Dio
07-13-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm going with Liddell. Tito Ortiz was the man in UFC until Liddell dismantled him. Silva is a bad man, but I don't think he's bad enough.

If Chuck wins out the next 2 he might go vs Tito in Feb '07.

LEONARD
07-13-2006, 02:44 PM
I prefer to look @ a potential wager as who IMO will win.
IF, that side I like is a dog I then see if they are enough of a dog so that I may seriously consider taking them.

Exact lines/odds IDK.
I think Babalu will be a dog to Chuck & Chuck a dog to Silva.
How much of a dog IDK. I do hope that the dogs are heavy dogs though.

I'd expect Babalu to be around +200 to 250.

I think Chuck might be favored over Silva...Vegas' goal is to get half of the money on one and half on the other. More people know Chuck in the US and would tend to pick him I would think. That could sway the lines some...at least where the lines start anyway...

I know what you mean about dogs...I usually pick 2 or 3 that I feel good about and go with them. Can't really make money on Tito when he's -500 vs Ken...unless you want to put up an assload and hope something freaky doesn't happen...

I haven't bet on any fights since Penn / GSP though...Penn was too good to pass up as a dog (+135 I think)...dominated the 1st rd, and did nothing the next 2. I was HOT... :madrun

If Chuck wins out the next 2 he might go vs Tito in Feb '07.

It was in Tito's contract that his 3rd fight was a title fight (Forrest, Ken, Chuck) but I guess they'll have to re-work that now that Silva is in the mix. Tito wants to fight somebody in the Oct / Nov timeframe then get a title fight around the Super Bowl...

Mr Dio
07-13-2006, 03:05 PM
IF Babalu is indeed around that neighborhood I am jumping on it.

I like Tito very much as a fighter BUT, I think he should have to fight a fighter as highly regarded as Silva (or as close as possible) to earn a title shot.

Who knows, maybe Chuck won't have the belt next month.

LEONARD
07-13-2006, 03:58 PM
IF Babalu is indeed around that neighborhood I am jumping on it.

I like Tito very much as a fighter BUT, I think he should have to fight a fighter as highly regarded as Silva (or as close as possible) to earn a title shot.

Who knows, maybe Chuck won't have the belt next month.

I hope Chuck wins, but wouldn't be shocked if Babalu pulled it off...

I don't think Tito will fight a top level guy. Who?? Maybe somebody like a Jason Lambert or Keith Jardine. I'd like to see Tito vs Rashad Evans...I'm tired of seeing his perfect record and watching his boring ass fights. I'd love to see Tito put a pounding on him... :fro

desflood
07-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Tito does have it in his contract to fight Chuck again. It was the only way they could get him to sign it.

For the record, I'd love to see Babalu take Chuck to the ground and submit him, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Chuck is not that great. I don't like Silva, but he will bury Lidell.

i'd like to know if you have ever seen chuck fight? saying that silva would bury him is a stupid remark and will never happen

Quadzilla99
07-14-2006, 12:10 AM
So what you're saying guys is if this Babalu beats him there will be no Lidell-Silva showdown?

NorCal510
07-14-2006, 12:12 AM
^fag

Quadzilla99
07-14-2006, 12:13 AM
^white

LEONARD
07-14-2006, 06:50 AM
i'd like to know if you have ever seen chuck fight? saying that silva would bury him is a stupid remark and will never happen

Have YOU seen Silva fight??

So what you're saying guys is if this Babalu beats him there will be no Lidell-Silva showdown?

Nobody knows at this point...

I wouldn't be surprised if it still happened at some point...

judaspriestess
07-15-2006, 02:31 PM
just got done watching the silva videos. Holy mother of khrist, that dude is loco in da cabeza.

I think Chuck will be a formidable foe and it will be interesting to see. I thought it was hilarious when Tito Ortiz was running from silva.

cecil collins
07-15-2006, 05:18 PM
Rampage Jackson dominated Chuck, so it's not like it hasn't happened before. Silva is more dominant then Rampage. The only concern is that Silva has a decent number of fights scheduled around that fight. He has a lot on his plate.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-15-2006, 09:42 PM
im not saying silva is bad but last time silva was in the ufc fighting a contender ortiz sent him packing..and even ortiz has said that if it came down to a liddell/silva fight that liddell would win.

cecil collins
07-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Oh wow Tito said that someone from the UFC would beat someone from Pride. Now why would he do that? If you haven't noticed, there is a bit of a war going on in the states for viewers between pride and the UFC. THe ultimate fighter did great things for reality TV loving americans, and the fighters who now are big names even if they aren't that great(see Kenny Florian.) The fact is that Pride is a bigger deal in the world and pays the fighters a lot more top to bottom, so that's where most of the best fighters want to be. Only the elite in the UFC get good money. I'm not saying that Chuck is terrible, he just wouldn't be dominate in Pride, as Silva is.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-16-2006, 01:11 AM
but thats your opinion..saying florian isn't as good as they make him sound is kinda stupid hes smaller then most of his oponents and still submits them in short periods of time..silva may dominate pride but he'll nevr dominate the ufc.

cecil collins
07-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Because he won't be in the UFC as it is slightly below Pride in competition. Who has Florian fought that has done anything...Diego, who completely destroyed him.

Quadzilla99
07-17-2006, 07:09 AM
What is this going to cost on PPV? I've never bought MMA PPV before. Boxing is usually $49.95 how about this?

Mr Dio
07-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Usually apprx $35.
The Hughes/Gracie card was $30 if bought in advance.
I have Grande Comm in SATX.

LEONARD
07-24-2006, 08:52 AM
but thats your opinion..saying florian isn't as good as they make him sound is kinda stupid hes smaller then most of his oponents and still submits them in short periods of time..silva may dominate pride but he'll nevr dominate the ufc.

Florian is at his natural weight...he was lighter than his opponents on TUF and that's it...just because he wanted to be on the show. He's NOT smaller than most of his opponents...they have this thing called weight classes and he's just right at LW...

He won't be tested until he fights somebody with ground skills (other than Diego who isn't in his weight class)...until he beats that person, he'll be doubted...

LEONARD
07-31-2006, 11:33 AM
Chuck talks about Babalu & Wand

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/OtherSports/2006/07/29/1708924-sun.html

"I have to get past Babalu and I think Babalu will be a tougher fight than Wanderlei. But don't get me wrong, I think I'm going to knock Babalu out again."

"I don't think Wanderlei will make it out of the first round," he says.

--------

I hope he doesn't overlook Babalu, because I really want to see Wand / Chuck...

Saying Wand won't get past the 1st round is insane... :smokin

DarkReign
07-31-2006, 12:02 PM
You are an MMa freak...

...and that is totally cool. :smokin

desflood
07-31-2006, 12:26 PM
The UFC is banking on Chuck beating Babalu pretty easily, or they wouldn't have scheduled a fight between him (Chuck) and the best in the world so soon after. Chuck is likely to beat Babalu, but he'd better hope he doesn't get hurt in the process.

LEONARD
07-31-2006, 12:36 PM
You are an MMa freak...

...and that is totally cool. :smokin

:lol

Here's a new Silva HL video...REALLY well done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX8_HAqBrdY

The UFC is banking on Chuck beating Babalu pretty easily, or they wouldn't have scheduled a fight between him (Chuck) and the best in the world so soon after. Chuck is likely to beat Babalu, but he'd better hope he doesn't get hurt in the process.

If Chuck loses it would most likely be a submission, so he probably won't get hurt (not that you can't get hurt on a submission)...

Rip-Hamilton32
07-31-2006, 02:36 PM
lol last time babalu tried standing with chuck and his dumbass will probaly try it again..i'd love to see him get ko'd by another kick to the head..silva will try and throw his knees then get ko'd as well then theres ortiz the guy that just beat a new comer and a 40 year old..does he actually think he can win

LEONARD
07-31-2006, 03:33 PM
lol last time babalu tried standing with chuck and his dumbass will probaly try it again..i'd love to see him get ko'd by another kick to the head..

Why do you think Babalu will try to stand with him?? He'll absolutely try to get him to the ground, but Chuck's sprawl is among the best. The shin kick to the head was a bit of a freak thing...but Chuck should win it if it's a striking match...

silva will try and throw his knees then get ko'd as well

Quality analysis there... :lol

then theres ortiz the guy that just beat a new comer and a 40 year old..does he actually think he can win

Why do you think he can't win?? Because his last 2 fights have been Forrest (Tito fighting with injuries) and Shammy? Tito is still damn good and would give Chuck or anybody else a hell of a fight. The quality of his last 2 opponents has nothing to do with Tito's skills...

Rip-Hamilton32
07-31-2006, 05:05 PM
lol..tito claims he wasn't 100% only to cover the fact that forrest went the distance with him..and shamrock is a bum and should have never stepped back in the octagon..tito made short work of shamrock but not so much with forrest and there is no chance of tito going the distance with chuck..much less winning a decsion if he went the distance

LEONARD
07-31-2006, 05:33 PM
lol..tito claims he wasn't 100% only to cover the fact that forrest went the distance with him..and shamrock is a bum and should have never stepped back in the octagon..tito made short work of shamrock but not so much with forrest and there is no chance of tito going the distance with chuck..much less winning a decsion if he went the distance

Tito injured his knee and back while training in Big Bear...thanks to Matt Hamill... :lol

Rip-Hamilton32
07-31-2006, 06:06 PM
lol..they say once you get the octagon you forget about it and his stamina is really good i thought for sure forest was done for in the 2nd round but if he really did have an injury then i suppose he did his best lol..tito needs another fight before he fights lidell though..thats alot of rest without a fight

LEONARD
08-01-2006, 08:00 AM
I'm sure he'll get a fight later this year...he won't sit until Feb...

Rip-Hamilton32
08-01-2006, 11:45 AM
i hope not..i think he should have fought forrest again but bonnar vs forrest 2 will be great i hope they stand and just trade again

LEONARD
08-01-2006, 12:38 PM
i hope not..i think he should have fought forrest again but bonnar vs forrest 2 will be great i hope they stand and just trade again

Yea dude, if the fight goes to the ground I'm going to start booing!! /end douche voice :lol

Fight Forrest again? Why?? That completely contradicts what you said earlier about Tito only fighting a washed up Shammy and a newcomer...

then theres ortiz the guy that just beat a new comer and a 40 year old..does he actually think he can win

but you think Tito should fight Forrest again? :lol

There are plenty of 205 lb guys worthy of a fight with Tito. Jason Lambert, Keith Jardine...hell, pay Rampage and bring him in...

Griffin - Bonnar 1 was "OK"...extremely over-hyped and over-rated by Spike, but that's to be expected since it was season 1 and they had a new audience. It was a good slugfest, but extremely sloppy...

Griffin - Bonnar 2 doesn't do much for me, but I don't have a huge problem with it. Bonnar hasn't done $hit since the Forrest fight. He submitted Irvin and was GIVEN decisions over Jardine and Hoger...Jardine definitely beat him, and you could make a case for Hoger. Then he lost to Evans. I think Forrest will finish him off this time...

desflood
08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Forrest also went into that fight injured. He'd injured an ankle and a wrist and had a hard time standing during pre-fight training. And Tito has actually asked for a rematch with Griffin, so... that'll probably happen at some point.

And Leonard, I mostly agree with you on Griffin/Bonnar II. I'd really like to see them go again, but I think now Griffin has progressed further in his training than Bonnar. Although, Bonnar's longtime trainer passed away not long before the fight with Rashad Evans, so that probably is still having a huge mental impact on him.

LEONARD
08-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Forrest also went into that fight injured. He'd injured an ankle and a wrist and had a hard time standing during pre-fight training. And Tito has actually asked for a rematch with Griffin, so... that'll probably happen at some point.

I know he asked for it...but he also said he'd fight Shammy again :drunk

He needs to move on to some tougher guys, or at least different up and coming fighters...

And Leonard, I mostly agree with you on Griffin/Bonnar II. I'd really like to see them go again, but I think now Griffin has progressed further in his training than Bonnar. Although, Bonnar's longtime trainer passed away not long before the fight with Rashad Evans, so that probably is still having a huge mental impact on him.

I'm sure it did...

BUT, he squeeked by Sam Freakin' Hoger on a controversial decision and got his ass kicked by Keith Jardine and was given a gift decision. I agree that Forrest has left him behind...

Rip-Hamilton32
08-01-2006, 05:46 PM
lol the only reason i think forest and tito should go at it again is to see who is better when they are both 100%..and jardine isn't ready for forrest either..but rampage would make a nice fight

LEONARD
08-02-2006, 10:23 AM
lol the only reason i think forest and tito should go at it again is to see who is better when they are both 100%..and jardine isn't ready for forrest either..but rampage would make a nice fight

Who cares...Tito is better...no reason to see that fight again right now...

I think Jardine would give Forrest all kinds of problems...his leg kicks are brutal...just ask Bonnar :lol

DarkReign
08-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Rip, have you noticed you start every post with "lol <insert rest of post here>"

Rip-Hamilton32
08-02-2006, 02:55 PM
i know its great eh

DarkReign
08-02-2006, 04:09 PM
i know its great eh

Canadian, eh? :lol

Rip-Hamilton32
08-02-2006, 04:21 PM
yeah eh..go st pierre :D

LEONARD
08-02-2006, 04:38 PM

Hughes gonna whip that ass... :fro

Rip-Hamilton32
08-02-2006, 05:18 PM
lol not a chance..hughes is good but pierre is gooder(better) lol

desflood
08-03-2006, 10:23 AM
:tu :cheer

LEONARD
08-05-2006, 02:38 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!

Crocop out of the Pride Open Weight Tourny Finals in Sept??

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410405

If true, this blows more than anything has ever blown before!!! :madrun :madrun :madrun :depressed

Rip-Hamilton32
08-05-2006, 11:18 PM
ugh..who does silva fight now? lol they say they fight for the rush and its in their blood but it turns out they fight for there paychecks

LEONARD
08-07-2006, 08:10 AM
ugh..who does silva fight now? lol they say they fight for the rush and its in their blood but it turns out they fight for there paychecks

Crocop has stated that he'd take the tourny belt over $10M...what the fuck...

Dana needs to sign Crocop...do NOT let him go to the WFA!!!

No matchup for Silva yet...Coleman, Sergei, Aleks, ???

DarkReign
08-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Crocop has stated that he'd take the tourny belt over $10M...what the fuck...

Dana needs to sign Crocop...do NOT let him go to the WFA!!!

No matchup for Silva yet...Coleman, Sergei, Aleks, ???

Hope I dont sound ignorant...

Who is DSE? That Croatian translation used alot of acronyms that I didnt understand. But I basically get it,

CroCop pissed that Pride wont pay him the cash he feels he deserves. There seems to be no negotiation about it, so this distances CroCop from Pride in general. Now, he is taking a vacation and will seek a new sanctioned body (UFC, WFA?)

Did I get that right? Fill me in here, I am lil confused.

BTW, who the fuck is WFA? I know the forum said its a new MMA league, but how new is it?

LEONARD
08-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Crocop gets paid for his first fight in the final round on Sept 10th vs Silva...win or lose. But for the 2nd fight (on the same night) he does not get paid...win or lose. He would technically get paid if he won that fight (and the tourny) because he would get the OWGP tourny prize. His problem is that he could fight the Nog / Barnett winnner and lose, and get nothing for that specific fight. I see his point, but damn man...don't pull out out now!!

DSE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Stage_Entertainment

WFA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wfa
http://www.wfa.tv/

The WFA isn't new but it's completely revamped and has new owners...their last show was July 22nd.

http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/fightfinder.asp?search=yes&EventID=3870

Rampage is their best fighter...Bas Rutten is their biggest name. Guys like Jason Miller, Ivan Salaverry, and Matt Lindland would be nice additions to the UFC, but overall...it's pretty weak and I don't see how they can keep putting cards together with any level of frequency. Let alone good matchups. The owners are supposed to have deep pockets though. That's how they got Rampage to come over from Pride...

LEONARD
08-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Crocop back in the OWGP!!??

http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom/sports/more/605988/index.do

Translation:

Cro Cop to feature in the finals after all.

Zagreb - After the news of crocop not participating in the pride grand prix finals the japanese reacted fast. They accepted every term that Mirko Filipovic has set and the Croat will participate on the 10th vs Vanderlei Silva.

- I'm happy because I reached an agreement. I will have a chance to make my sports dream come true after all, to be the undisputed champion in competition with silva barnett and minotauro- sayd crocop.

- With this move the pride people have showed how much mirko means to them. If he reaches the final his second fight will be payed, and if he was to win the tournament he will get a 150.000 dollar bonus.

DarkReign
08-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Ah! Thank you, Leonard.

Explained perfectly. I had never heard of the WFA before yesterday.

LEONARD
08-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Silva - Liddell off??

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/OtherSports/2006/08/11/1744255-sun.html

Also, Coleman, Baroni, and FEDOR!! confirmed for Pride show in Vegas in Oct...

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2475&zoneid=2

My sources are telling me that Shogun vs Randleman is a done deal and Coleman is still undecided. He's been offered a re-match with Fedor though... :-o

desflood
08-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Now, THAT'S exciting. I've been waiting for Pride to come to the US...

sa_butta
08-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Silva - Liddell off??

http://calsun.canoe.ca/Sports/OtherSports/2006/08/11/1744255-sun.html

Also, Coleman, Baroni, and FEDOR!! confirmed for Pride show in Vegas in Oct...

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=2475&zoneid=2

My sources are telling me that Shogun vs Randleman is a done deal and Coleman is still undecided. He's been offered a re-match with Fedor though... :-oI wouldnt mind the Ortiz-Lidell rematch, if the Lidell-Silva match falls through.

LEONARD
08-21-2006, 09:51 AM
Fight isn't happening...

http://www.mmanews.com/article/158104773.php

It's rumored that Silva is now on the "Real Deal" card in Vegas on Oct 21st though...which would make the best card in MMA history even better!! :fro

Nice marketing scam by Pride though...getting Silva in the ring to build some hype and awareness of Pride for US fans...

Pride Real Deal Press Conf (Mike Tyson makes a guest appearance)
http://www.sherdog.com/videos/videos.asp?v_id=837

Coleman - Fedor and Shogun - Randleman is now CONFIRMED... :fro