PDA

View Full Version : River Walk Gets Murky Report

crgassoc
07-12-2006, 10:25 AM
River Walk Gets Murky Report

LAST UPDATE: 7/12/2006 8:05:14 AM
Posted By: Walker Robinson
This story is available on your cell phone at mobile.woai.com.
Watch this story...

The San Antonio River Walk is one of the city’s jewels, but according to a new report obtained by News 4 WOAI, things are lurking in the water.

The San Antonio River Authority has found bacteria from human sewage, bird droppings, and zoo animal waste in the river, according to the report. Algae is to blame for the water's grayish-greenish color, officials said.

Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff asked for the River Authority report after Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban called the river muddy and ugly.

Wolff told News 4 WOAI he wants to clean up the river.

“What you want to do is you want to keep flushing it,” Wolff said of the river. “You want to keep it moving. You don't want it to sit there.”

Despite the new report, News 4 WOAI discovered the San Antonio River is the cleanest it has been in 20 years.

County commissioners will hear the River Authority's presentation Thursday.

crgassoc
07-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Looks like Cuban was right.

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Everybody in San Antonio knows he was right...they were just pissed that he said it...

The Riverwalk is great, just don't look at the water...

My wife had a couple friends that swam across for $100...they somehow didn't get busted for it either. Not worth $100 IMO!!

violentkitten
07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
eh who cares?

Eric Dampier
07-12-2006, 10:51 AM
River Walk Gets Murky Report

LAST UPDATE: 7/12/2006 8:05:14 AM
Posted By: Walker Robinson
This story is available on your cell phone at mobile.woai.com.
Watch this story...

The San Antonio River Walk is one of the city’s jewels, but according to a new report obtained by News 4 WOAI, things are lurking in the water.

The San Antonio River Authority has found bacteria from human sewage, bird droppings, and zoo animal waste in the river, according to the report. Algae is to blame for the water's grayish-greenish color, officials said.

Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff asked for the River Authority report after Dallas Mavericks Owner Mark Cuban called the river muddy and ugly. Wolff told News 4 WOAI he wants to clean up the river.

“What you want to do is you want to keep flushing it,” Wolff said of the river. “You want to keep it moving. You don't want it to sit there.”

Despite the new report, News 4 WOAI discovered the San Antonio River is the cleanest it has been in 20 years.

County commissioners will hear the River Authority's presentation Thursday.

Cuban owns san antonio haha

Obstructed_View
07-12-2006, 11:26 AM
eh who cares?
Apparently LEONARD does, since he and two of his alter-egos are the ones having the conversation.

ChumpDumper
07-12-2006, 11:29 AM
It's a slow-moving urban river.

clambake
07-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Ever notice the GIANT cockroaches climbing the walls around the riverwalk?

crgassoc
07-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Cuban's not only good for Dallas and the NBA. He's now good for SA too!

Admit you love him.

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 11:37 AM
Apparently LEONARD does, since he and two of his alter-egos are the ones having the conversation.

Yea, it's me with all the Mavs player accounts... :rolleyes :lol

clambake
07-12-2006, 11:44 AM
Again, what's with all the GIANT cockroaches?

ChumpDumper
07-12-2006, 11:50 AM
LMAO, Dallas is a bucolic paradise with no pollution or insects.

clambake
07-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Don't get me wrong, dallas blows. That's why I hate to see those damn cockroaches on the riverwalk. SA has charm. dallas has empty, emotionless concrete.

ChumpDumper
07-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Where there's food, there are cockroaches. Where there's alot of food, there are huge cockroaches.

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Where there's food, there are cockroaches. Where there's alot of food, there are huge cockroaches.

Cockroaches LOVE bad Mexican food, so it's even worse on the Riverwalk!! :lol

ChumpDumper
07-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Only idiot tourists eat Mexican food on the Riverwalk. No argument there.

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Only idiot tourists eat Mexican food on the Riverwalk. No argument there.

Been there...done that...had to hit the shitter before finishing dinner... :lol

clambake
07-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Forget the river. Go to La Contara (sp), play some golf, rent one of the cassitas (corner units) and take the family.

Koolaid_Man
08-11-2013, 08:11 AM
will be in SA next month for 1 day...I plan to do my own analysis...

TXstbobcat
08-11-2013, 11:05 AM
I've always loved going to the river walk when I am in San Antonio but the most of the places to eat there are overpriced and not that great.

I do recommend the the margaritas at the agave room tequila bar at the iron cactus on the river walk.

Koolaid_Man
08-11-2013, 12:12 PM
I've always loved going to the river walk when I am in San Antonio but the most of the places to eat there are overpriced and not that great.

I do recommend the the margaritas at the agave room tequila bar at the iron cactus on the river walk.

no thanks I'll pass don't have time for no River Ritas :lol

elmanutres
08-12-2013, 05:07 PM
will be in SA next month for 1 day...I plan to do my own analysis...

im sure it will be more biased than fox news