PDA

View Full Version : Why are the Mavs so good and so cool?

Amarelooms
07-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Just want to see why the Spurs fans think this is? Is it because of the Big German.....or is it the Little General....or their awesome owner. Discuss lol!!! :elephant

SpurForLife
07-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Just want to see why the Spurs fans think this is? Is it because of the Big German.....or is it the Little General....or their awesome owner. Discuss lol!!! :elephant

Cue: Crickets chirping!!!!

FromWayDowntown
07-12-2006, 11:20 AM
It has to be their humble and long-faithful fan base.

Trainwreck2100
07-12-2006, 11:23 AM
someone's bored

Amarelooms
07-12-2006, 11:24 AM
come on Spurs fans....we all know the "Mavs are getting owned" you guys can do better

davi78239
07-12-2006, 11:24 AM
In all honesty, it's Mark Cuban for turning that franchise around single handedly. He adds a certain vibe and excitement to the organization. If your a Mavs fan, you love the guy to death. If not, he can easily be someone you hate with a passion (especially to most Spurs fans). That's just my honest opinion.

J.T.
07-12-2006, 11:31 AM
Mark Cuban turned the organization into a bunch of sore losers and thugs. Mavs had more people suspended in the postseason than anyone. Coincidence? Maybe not.

Congrats on getting to the Finals. Maybe they'll do it again in another 25 years.

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 11:40 AM
If your a Mavs fan, you love the guy to death. If not, he can easily be someone you hate with a passion (especially to most Spurs fans).

Wow, a Spurs fan that can see this...that's EXACTLY right...

Mark Cuban turned the organization into a bunch of sore losers and thugs. Mavs had more people suspended in the postseason than anyone. Coincidence? Maybe not.

Congrats on getting to the Finals. Maybe they'll do it again in another 25 years.

Thugs?? :lol

But I thought the Mavs were soft?

Terry - dumb move "punching" Finley...
Stack - hard foul...can't fault him for that...
Mbenga - give me a break...really...

While technically correct that the Mavs had the most suspensions in the postseason, it's a bit misleading based on the circumstances...

clambake
07-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Spurs fans think mavs are cool because of that awesome choke job in the finals.

ShoogarBear
07-12-2006, 11:55 AM
If Cuban owned the Spurs I'd kill myself.

Obstructed_View
07-12-2006, 11:55 AM
In all honesty, it's Mark Cuban for purchasing the team, firing Quinn Buckner, hiring Don Nelson, drafting Dirk, trading for Finley, signing Nash, pushing to get the city to build the arena, negotiating with American Airlines to secure the naming rights, putting Playstations in the lockers, and bringing in AJ as a protege to Don Nelson.

Solid D
07-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Bogus contention. Spurs fans don't think Mavs are cool.

Mavs_man_41
07-12-2006, 12:20 PM

Haha Lmao. The mavs are thugs now? All because big bad stackhouse gave shaq a boo boo? :rolleyes

Quadzilla99
07-12-2006, 12:33 PM
In all honesty, it's Mark Cuban for purchasing the team, firing Quinn Buckner, hiring Don Nelson, drafting Dirk, trading for Finley, signing Nash, pushing to get the city to build the arena, negotiating with American Airlines to secure the naming rights, putting Playstations in the lockers, and bringing in AJ as a protege to Don Nelson.
Jesus. First off Cuban bought the team in 2000. Dirk was drafted in 1998-by Don Nelson who was most certainly not hired by Mark Cuban (obviously). Nelson is the man most resposible for putting the Mavs roster together including the drafting of Josh Howard and Dirk. They'd be in the toilet without Dirk and Nelson is solely responsible for landing him. Cuban gets wayyy too much credit for their rise. In Dirk's rookie season Nellie kept playing him even when he sucked and the media was giving him hell for it. He kept saying over and over that he was going to be a great player. How Cuban ever managed to take credit for the Mavs rise is beyond me. Maybe he stirred up ticket sales but Nellie and Dirk are most responsible. My list
1. Dirk
2. Nelson (for putting the roster together).
3. Avery (better coach than Nelson, but Nellie drafted Dirk and Howard)
4. Cuban (for promoting the team and writing the checks)

davi78239
07-12-2006, 12:42 PM
But be honest guys. I'm sure there's at least a handful of Spurs fans that would love the guy (Cuban) if he were owner.

LEONARD
07-12-2006, 12:49 PM
Jesus. First off Cuban bought the team in 2000. Dirk was drafted in 1998-by Don Nelson who was most certainly not hired by Mark Cuban (obviously). Nelson is the man most resposible for putting the Mavs roster together including the drafting of Josh Howard and Dirk. They'd be in the toilet without Dirk and Nelson is solely responsible for landing him. Cuban gets wayyy too much credit for their rise. In Dirk's rookie season Nellie kept playing him even when he sucked and the media was giving him hell for it. He kept saying over and over that he was going to be a great player. How Cuban ever managed to take credit for the Mavs rise is beyond me. Maybe he stirred up ticket sales but Nellie and Dirk are most responsible. My list
1. Dirk
2. Nelson (for putting the roster together).
3. Avery (better coach than Nelson, but Nellie drafted Dirk and Howard)
4. Cuban (for promoting the team and writing the checks)

Obstructed_View was being sarcastic...

Quadzilla99
07-12-2006, 12:52 PM
^^Ahhh I see.

CubanMustGo
07-12-2006, 01:28 PM

You forgot "and giving everyone in the arena a free airline ticket the last game of the 2005-06 regular season."

awmyplace
07-12-2006, 01:58 PM
This theard is so funny!The Spurs fans owns Mavs fans.The Heat fans owns Mavs fans.

Lebowski Brickowski
07-12-2006, 02:04 PM
:lol
It has to be their humble and long-faithful fan base. :lol

pache100
07-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Why are the Mavs so good and so cool?

When the Mavs GET "so good and so cool", I will let you know. Right now, they are just wannabees.

Mavs_man_41
07-12-2006, 02:28 PM
When the Mavs GET "so good and so cool", I will let you know. Right now, they are just wannabees.

Oh is that right? Thanks for clarifying.

Trainwreck2100
07-12-2006, 02:30 PM
come on Spurs fans....we all know the "Mavs are getting owned" you guys can do better

What does this have to do with the summer league thread?

Eric Dampier
07-12-2006, 02:58 PM
it has to be there championship collection

i love this. Spurs fans are true losers because the only thing they have left to look at is PAST glory. kinda like Cowboy fans. the fact is, once Duncan retires, you guys wont be sniffing a championship for a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNGG time. you wont win one anytime soon, because they are old and there are so many teams getting better. Last year was your last chance to win it and im so glad we ended the dynasty. Mark my words, your run is over

Mavs_man_41
07-12-2006, 02:59 PM
Haha

ChumpDumper
07-12-2006, 02:59 PM
past glory > no glory past or present

Mavs_man_41
07-12-2006, 03:00 PM
Seriously though, i see the spurs being a mediocre team from here on out untill duncan retires. After Duncan retires they will most likely be a lottery team.

Trainwreck2100
07-12-2006, 03:00 PM
i love this. Spurs fans are true losers because the only thing they have left to look at is PAST glory. kinda like Cowboy fans. the fact is, once Duncan retires, you guys wont be sniffing a championship for a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNGG time. you wont win one anytime soon, because they are old and there are so many teams getting better. Last year was your last chance to win it and im so glad we ended the dynasty. Mark my words, your run is over

I'm flattered, I truly am, but that wasn't a dynasty.

ChumpDumper
07-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Seriously, bandwagon mavfans have predicted the demise of the Spurs every year since they first sniffed the playoffs.

Pardon our collective yawn.

Mavs_man_41
07-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Seriously, bandwagon mavfans have predicted the demise of the Spurs every year since they first sniffed the playoffs.

If you consider bandwagon being a mavs fan since i was 8 years old, then i guess i am a bandwagon mavs fan.

ChumpDumper
07-12-2006, 03:05 PM
So you've been a fan for two years?

Wow.

Mavs_man_41
07-12-2006, 03:06 PM
So you've been a fan for two years?

Wow.

Damn youre good

Mavs_man_41
07-12-2006, 03:07 PM
^ChumpDumper is so fucking hilarious, i want his cock.

ShoogarBear
07-12-2006, 03:18 PM
^ChumpDumper is so fucking hilarious, i want his cock.
So you are Mark Cuban.

Mavs_man_41
07-12-2006, 03:19 PM
No im michaelangelo

pache100
07-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh is that right? Thanks for clarifying.

You're welcome! :angel

Seriously though, i see the spurs being a mediocre team from here on out untill duncan retires. After Duncan retires they will most likely be a lottery team.

Well, you will be sorely disappointed when that doesn't happen, then, hum?

No im michaelangelo
:madrun

George Gervin's Afro
07-12-2006, 03:57 PM
2 things their
1 division title
and there lone finals appearance being choked away..

ponky
07-12-2006, 04:53 PM
Mavs had more people suspended in the postseason than anyone. Coincidence? Maybe not.

How many did we have suspended? Like 8 or 9? Or maybe it was just two more than the current championship team, one of which was for a guy standing in a suit a couple of rows up from the bench. :rolleyes

DarrinS
07-12-2006, 05:27 PM
The Mavs are cool because:

a) they never choke
b) their fans have a really high BB IQ
c) the players are a "class act"
d) the owner never makes excuses for the team
e) None of the above

Answer: e

Eric Dampier
07-12-2006, 05:41 PM
past glory > no glory past or present

we're better right now, that's all that matters.

Obstructed_View
07-12-2006, 06:56 PM
You forgot "and giving everyone in the arena a free airline ticket the last game of the 2005-06 regular season."
Actually, that was the coolest thing he ever did, but when rich people spend money that doesn't mean anything to them it's funny when people get overly excited about it.

Yes I was being sarcastic. Mark Cuban did only one of the things on that list that I mentioned. The arena was already under construction, the naming rights were secured, the core players and the management were all in place. The only thing Mark Cuban did for them is get them an extra lottery pick by costing them the 2000 playoffs, which they turned into Etan Thomas if memory serves.

Amarelooms
07-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Spurs fans are struggling...come on ya'll can do better...bring it. BTW I so love the Vaughn signing....not sure why Udrich is in Pops doghouse...much like Daniels was here I guess...

mabber
07-13-2006, 10:09 AM

You're clueless! The only way the Spurs become "mediocre" as you say is if Duncan gets hurt for a long period of time.

awmyplace
07-13-2006, 10:21 AM

Obstructed_View
07-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Spurs fans are struggling...come on ya'll can do better...bring it. BTW I so love the Vaughn signing....not sure why Udrich is in Pops doghouse...much like Daniels was here I guess...
That's the only part of Pop's coaching style that AJ inherited; the bottomless doghouse.

NBA Junkie
07-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Hmm...What do I like about the Mavericks?....Can't think of anything.

awmyplace
07-13-2006, 12:23 PM

Do they never stop whining?

Shank
07-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Do they never stop whining?

Corky, I think you need to look up the definition of whining. Much like bathing and talking in public without drooling, the core concept has been lost on you.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2006, 01:08 PM
we're better right now, that's all that matters.You lost to fucking Miami, dude.

MIAMI!

If you choke away four straight to the Heat, that's all you have bragging rights to.

clambake
07-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Chump is right. Now leave us to our grief.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2006, 01:16 PM

I'm still pissed at Manu.

clambake
07-13-2006, 01:21 PM
It must have been fun being a mavs hater and watching the finals.

mabber
07-13-2006, 01:29 PM
You lost to fucking Miami, dude.

MIAMI!

If you choke away four straight to the Heat, that's all you have bragging rights to.

Damn you! This was the first day since that happened that I hadn't thought about that (until just now). Getting over that is gonna take some time and a lot of alcohol :drunk

awmyplace
07-13-2006, 06:17 PM
Corky, I think you need to look up the definition of whining. Much like bathing and talking in public without drooling, the core concept has been lost on you.

:rolleyes

awmyplace
07-13-2006, 06:17 PM
You lost to fucking Miami, dude.

MIAMI!

Exactly!Pearch ChumpDumper

mffl89
07-14-2006, 01:15 AM
^^^ u make him sound like a bird

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 01:23 AM
^^^ u make him sound like a bird

Who?

dirk4mvp
07-14-2006, 01:28 AM
^Dumbass

I can see awmyplace's next post already....

"who?"

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 01:41 AM
^Dumbass

I can see awmyplace's next post already....

"who?"

Coming from a Mavs fan???

dirk4mvp
07-14-2006, 02:29 AM
Way to go, Captain obvious. :clap

ChumpDumper
07-14-2006, 03:31 AM
awmyplace: master of the internets spoonerism

ShoogarBear
07-14-2006, 04:51 AM
It must have been fun being a mavs hater and watching the finals.
It wasn't bad after the first two games. :smokin