PDA

View Full Version : What The Spurs Are Doing,

Buddy Holly
07-12-2006, 03:55 PM
They're offering both Elson and Butler deals instead of Jak because they want to get a "starting" center before they sign Jav.

They have a 50/50 chance of signing either.

If Denver matches they still have a chance with Butler. Vice versa.

As opposed to signing Jav and offering only one of the two in Butler/Elson and having it matched.

If Butler or Elson is signed look for the Spurs to offer Jav a deal. IMO.

Mr. Body
07-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, sort of. But who told Javtokas this?!

Also, what if they both aren't matched?

Leetonidas
I think it's more likely we get Butler.

ducks
dude same thoughts as wrong direction

Please_dont_ban_me
07-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Well, sort of. But who told Javtokas this?!

Also, what if they both aren't matched?

That's the problem.

I'm sure Javtokas was told "there is a chance both are not matched, in which case we won't be able to sign you". So he probably said fuck it and signed with the Euro team.

JGrice02
07-12-2006, 03:59 PM
I wonder why they offered these two and not Reggie Evans. It sounds like Evans could be had for half the MLE but the Spurs have passed on an unrestricted FA in hopes of signing one out of two restricted FAs. Do they go after Evans when the Knicks match the Spurs offer to Butler?

strangeweather
07-12-2006, 04:00 PM
They're offering both Elson and Butler deals instead of Jak because they want to get a "starting" center before they sign Jav.
I like Butler, but at his age and experience level, no way the Spurs are bringing him in to be handed a starting job in training camp.

More likely: they only wanted one project center, and decided Butler > Javtokas.

Spurologist
07-12-2006, 04:03 PM
For some reason, I think your original title for this thread has "fuck" in it. It could be just me.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-12-2006, 04:05 PM
If his highlight reels were deceiving, and people who have seen his games aren't that high on him...you have to wonder if he was the 2nd coming of that white kid who missed like 5 dunks straight at the dunk contest. Anderson? Fuck I forgot his name.

Spurologist
07-12-2006, 04:08 PM
If his highlight reels were deceiving, and people who have seen his games aren't that high on him...you have to wonder if he was the 2nd coming of that white kid who missed like 5 dunks straight at the dunk contest. Anderson? Fuck I forgot his name.

Chris Anderson. This is just for you so you can relive the moment.

http://espn.starwave.com/media/pg2/2005/0308/photo/g_andersen_i.jpg

IcemanCometh
07-12-2006, 04:17 PM
jesus

fucking

christ

violentkitten
07-12-2006, 04:18 PM
what the spurs are doing is royally fucking up a title contender in the pursuit of something other than winning.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2006, 04:19 PM
When I watched those Javtokas videos I thought he looked pretty good, but he wasn't exactly skying, nor was he dunking over seven footers. He looked mobile, and he can get over the rim when he's got a clear path to the hoop.

Anyone who's ever been around D-1 college basketball knows that every decent college bball team in America puts together similar videos of their top pro prospects for scouts. They can often make a guy who wouldn't be drafted in a 10-round NBA draft look like the next Michael Jordan.

I'm not sold Javtokas is the answer. If the issue for not signing him is a financial one it must be because he's not considered to be that good of a prospect. The Spurs can evaluate foreign talent enough to make a good decision on signing him.

IcemanCometh
07-12-2006, 04:20 PM
http://www.telenetwork.com/~bramos/spurspancake.jpg

RON ARTEST
i dont think they even know what they are doing.

Buddy Holly
what the spurs are doing is royally fucking up a title contender in the pursuit of something other than winning.

So these are the last of the moves?

And just because they extended the offers doesn't mean either Butler or Elson has signed.

Buddy Holly
i dont think they even know what they are doing.

Yeah. :rolleyes

Mr. Body
When I watched those Javtokas videos I thought he looked pretty good, but he wasn't exactly skying, nor was he dunking over seven footers. He looked mobile, and he can get over the rim when he's got a clear path to the hoop.

He dunked over several 7 footers in there, for what it's worth.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-12-2006, 04:25 PM
He dunked over several 7 footers in there, for what it's worth.

Pardon me. NBA-quality 7-footers.

I don't think the Spurs front office would have messed around with his negotiations if they thought he could produce anything substantial. They seem to know how to evaluate the Euro players pretty well.

SA210
07-12-2006, 04:28 PM
They don't know what they are doing and haven't since back during the Dallas series.