PDA

View Full Version : spurs are running plan f to address the 5 spot...

violentkitten
07-12-2006, 06:51 PM
...what about the 3 spot? who's the big 3/small 4 target? even if the knicks dont match on butler this team still has an undesirable matchup against the mavs. who's the guy who can play the 4 spot, rebound, and defend out on the perimeter?

timvp
07-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Reggie Evans ... oh, wait.

The Spurs signed the other Nugget bigman.

Sway
07-12-2006, 07:00 PM
If we do get Butler and Elson do we even have room on the roster for a long 3?

strangeweather
07-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Any chance we could ship someone off in a sign and trade for Jumaine Jones?

ducks
the only good thing is if they match they match both they have make a offer for murphy...

ducks
the long three will be the first round draft pick next year
relax

strangeweather
07-12-2006, 07:02 PM

PG: Parker, Beno, Vaughn
SG: Ginobili, Finley, Barry
SF: Bowen, Williams
PF: Duncan, Bonner, Horry
C: Elson, Butler, Oberto

We have one more slot open, if we choose to use it. And, of course, there are always trades.

Mr. Body
07-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Guess we're not too interested in guys in the SL. Or the phantom Maceo Baston.

violentkitten
07-12-2006, 07:04 PM
so we have eric williams.

be still my beating heart.

strangeweather
07-12-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm kinda hoping Donta Smith will show something that makes him worth the last roster slot.

Mr. Body
07-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Right. Or Donta Smith.

timvp
07-12-2006, 07:11 PM

:huh

Spurs still have spots for minimum contracts.

Plus they still have the LLE, it seems.

Mr. Body
07-12-2006, 07:14 PM
:huh

Spurs still have spots for minimum contracts.

Plus they still have the LLE, it seems.

I was talking about roster slots.

ChumpDumper
07-12-2006, 07:14 PM
I'd like to see Karaulov's teammate Levter in action. That's a project though.

I'm still up for Jumaine, but the LLE seems a bit low for him.

timvp
07-12-2006, 07:18 PM
I was talking about roster slots.

The Spurs have at least one slot open.

Doc Jerome
07-12-2006, 07:18 PM
This ship may be on it's way under. If these FO guys don't address these gaping team needs in a more serious and realistic manner, TD's remaining career years will be played out in a most painful, drawn out slow durge-like manner.

Now the last hope to save next season is if Ian Mahinmi throws down in SL, and is invited into training camp and earns a roster spot. But then again, from all accounts here, Spurs used a 1st round draft pick on a junior high school level talent only to stash in Europe for the next 3-4 years on the hopes that he will someday develop. That same pick could have been used on the 6'9" Wayne Simien or some other legitimate talent.

Stay tuned. :fro

JUUOT
07-12-2006, 07:36 PM
This ship may be on it's way under. If these FO guys don't address these gaping team needs in a more serious and realistic manner, TD's remaining career years will be played out in a most painful, drawn out slow durge-like manner.

Now the last hope to save next season is if Ian Mahinmi throws down in SL, and is invited into training camp and earns a roster spot. But then again, from all accounts here, Spurs used a 1st round draft pick on a junior high school level talent only to stash in Europe for the next 3-4 years on the hopes that he will someday develop. That same pick could have been used on the 6'9" Wayne Simien or some other legitimate talent.

Stay tuned. :fro

Is it me or you keep copy-pasting with minor edits the same thing over and over?

Doc Jerome
07-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Is it me or you keep copy-pasting with minor edits the same thing over and over?

Stream of conscience I guess.

JUUOT
07-12-2006, 08:04 PM
One has to wonder why the Spurs did not draft Wayne Simien

this is why! the simien thing was ringing a bell not to mention you are on a consitent and annoying campaign to bring IAN next year when it seems he is not ready and signed in agreement with spurs staff in Pau. but you know you are right

Stay tuned men!

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-12-2006, 08:04 PM
I still have this weird feeling we end up with Jumaine Jones. I get the same vibe over his situation I got last year with Finley. Let's hope it works out the same.

That, or it's time for the F.O. to work a nice trade.

JUUOT
07-12-2006, 08:10 PM
I still have this weird feeling we end up with Jumaine Jones. I get the same vibe over his situation I got last year with Finley. Let's hope it works out the same.

That, or it's time for the F.O. to work a nice trade.

i kind of agree. the spurs closed the PG case today and seem to focus on the Bigs, but i still hope to see a rasual butler or a jumaine jones to end up with us by time the season start.

We still have barry and williams as trade assets and maybee a big even

JamStone
07-12-2006, 09:43 PM
The Spurs are still waiting for word from Steve Smith, as he ponders coming out of retirement.

SenorSpur
07-12-2006, 09:48 PM

Good question.

Qyntel Woods

SenorSpur
07-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Was R.E. the guy who grabbed Kaman's family jewels in the WC playoffs? Can't remember...

...and then some. He grabbed the jewels and the "good china" too.

Mr. Body
07-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Was R.E. the guy who grabbed Kaman's family jewels in the WC playoffs? Can't remember...

Ask Chris. He probably remembers. :lol

Doc Jerome
07-13-2006, 07:31 AM
this is why! the simien thing was ringing a bell not to mention you are on a consitent and annoying campaign to bring IAN next year when it seems he is not ready and signed in agreement with spurs staff in Pau. but you know you are right

Stay tuned men!

I wouldn't call it a campaign. If the guy is supposed to be a stud, and you pass on talent to get him, make sure he can contribute before the talent that was passed up does. Simien will play this season for Miami and no doubt contribute. Mahinmi so far, will not even be in the League.

I use Simien as an example because I vividly remember him falling into the Spurs lap. We all know what happened. You know what to do. :fro