PDA

View Full Version : Miami..........

SequNets
07-13-2006, 12:34 AM
built their championship team with savy veterans and attitude.

The Spurs are trying to get back to the dance with a bucket of shit.

Riley > Popovich.

I'm fucking pissed off.

spurs=bling
07-13-2006, 12:35 AM
thank you Sequ.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
07-13-2006, 12:37 AM
the spurs are cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap....

wolf754life
07-13-2006, 12:54 AM
its very unfortunate, I echo the above sentiments, popovich, rc, holt, all are content! 3 titles, 50 win seasons for the next 3 to 5 years, all retire, holt sells the team for a nice profit.

I hope to God that in 2012 there aren't rumors about moving the spurs to Timbuktoo U.S.A

Pistons < Spurs
07-13-2006, 01:38 AM
I hope to God that on July 13th 2006 they move you to Timbuktoo U.S.A

exstatic
07-13-2006, 06:14 AM
built their championship team with savy veterans and attitude.

The Spurs are trying to get back to the dance with a bucket of shit.

Riley > Popovich.

I'm fucking pissed off.
What the fuck do you care, Net trash?

Samr
07-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Hrm, I guess I'm the only one excited about the Elson news? Yeah, I'm pissed about Javtokas, but I liked Elson in Denver, and I like him now.

I don't think this is as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Kori Ellis
07-13-2006, 06:59 AM
Hrm, I guess I'm the only one excited about the Elson news? Yeah, I'm pissed about Javtokas, but I liked Elson in Denver, and I like him now.

I don't think this is as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

You think he's starting center caliber??

Samr
07-13-2006, 07:50 AM
No, I don't. Nor did I think Rasho or Nazr were starting centers. I like Elson for 20 minutes a game, with Oberto backing him up (This guy needs more minutes! Where the hell is the Oberto Bandwagon!?!). Much more than that and he'll get taken advantage of, any less and he doesn't have time to be effective.

The one criticism I've heard about him a lot is that he "thinks he's a superstar." Yeah, the guy does overestimate himself a bit, but fortunately for the Spurs-- and this is why I like him -- he has the quickness and the confidence to give us the raw effort we've lacked at the center possition during the Rasho/Nazr period.

He's not my favorite choice for a starting center, and I wouldn't hesitate to have him backup someone better, but he certainly isn't the liability everyone is already assuming. He's a possitive addition. Not a settling sign.

Spurs9
07-13-2006, 10:08 AM
What the hell is everyone bitching about honestly? We loose Nazr and Rasho, we almost advanced in the dallas series and came back from 2 down. 2 of the finals shots didn't go in which would have advanced us to the finals. Nazr didn't play shit. The 2 centers the spurs are trying to sign have about the same stats if not better than rasho and nazr. We were that close to another finals run. Stop bitching about it being the worst off season like so many mention in other threads. We still have the main guys, duncan, parker, ginobili, bowen, and finley.

MoSpur
07-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Sequ biggest whiner there is. Did anyone expect anything else from this clown?

JamStone
07-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Sequ is awesome. I'm a Vince Carter fan too, but I stay in the closet most of the time.

This off season could be perceived as cheap. But, if you really look at the options, this free agent class really sucked. And, there isn't much many teams over the cap can do. Spurs are in a bind because the only valuable contracts they have as trade assets belong to players they don't want to trade. Pistons face that same dilemma. Hard to get a good deal if you have nothing to trade. I mean, who would want Dale Davis? Who would want Fabrico Oberto? It's just very hard to make deals when the front office has been so prudent about getting quality out of its contracts. The great players are untradeable. And, the not-so-good players don't have any value on their contracts. Sometimes the salary cap system helps a team like the Knicks out more than great, financially prudent organizations like the Spurs because at least the Knicks have contracts that are somewhat tradeable belonging to players the Knicks are willing to trade. How messed up is that if that's really the case?

Anyway, I have a suggestion for a Spurs trade and I don't want to create a new useless thread. Would you Spurs fans trade Brent Barry for Chris Mihm and Sasha Vujacic of the Lakers? Lakers might want to slide Kwame Brown to center full time and develop Bynum a little more. And, Brent Barry would be that tall, veteran good shooter that Phil Jackson likes at point guard. It might work for both teams. Chris Mihm is a Texas native who can give some solid minutes at center but won't demand heavy minutes or touches.

himat
07-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Spurs will be fine. Try taking the Pistons position right now. Our championship hopes are hanginf right over the edge of the cliff.

awmyplace
07-13-2006, 11:24 AM
:lol

Taco
07-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Spurs will be fine. Try taking the Pistons position right now. Our championship hopes are hanginf right over the edge of the cliff.

You can thank the Drama Queen Larry Brown and Flip the team Killer

Although you may be better with McDyess (spelling?) starting

Please_dont_ban_me
07-13-2006, 12:39 PM
You think he's starting center caliber??

Why not?

There's been times due to injury or matchups where he's started or played huge minutes and done well for the Nuggets. George Karl speaks highly of him. Nuggets fans speak highly of him...that's more than we can say for Rasho/Nazr after they left.

Me likes Elson.

SequNets
07-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Sequ is awesome. I'm a Vince Carter fan too, but I stay in the closet most of the time.

Take note queers.

A dude that knows what's up.

:fro

awmyplace
07-13-2006, 07:35 PM
Lol!

spurs=bling
07-13-2006, 07:36 PM
would somebody please take away the smilies from awmyplace

Please_dont_ban_me
07-14-2006, 02:52 PM

":lol"

:rolleyes

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-14-2006, 02:56 PM
Miami is not going to win another title in the near future.

The glove is too old. Zo is too old. Shaq is too old. Walker is too, well, too Walker.

Wade is going to have to win it himself if the Heat are to repeat (of course he pretty much did it himself this last post season).

I'd be very surprised if they are the team to come out of the East this year. I wouldn't trade the Spurs last eight years of success with the Heat.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-14-2006, 03:11 PM

The glove is too old. Zo is too old. Shaq is too old. Walker is too, well, too Walker.

Wade is going to have to win it himself if the Heat are to repeat (of course he pretty much did it himself this last post season).

I'd be very surprised if they are the team to come out of the East this year. I wouldn't trade the Spurs last eight years of success with the Heat.

So in one year they go from World Champs to being too old?

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 03:21 PM

The Heat will win another title.The Heat is not old.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-14-2006, 03:26 PM
So in one year they go from World Champs to being too old?

Yes.

We were the shoe-in repeat champ last season, and now (according to ST posters) our team is in shambles.

It can happen. Sit back and enjoy their demise.

Slinkyman
07-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Why does everyone have such high standards for our next starting center when our starter last season had such low standards yet had such a huge salary? Seriously, all Rasho had to do was set good picks and play good team D and that was an acceptable roll for our starting center. Rasho was giving us nothing on the boards and nothing offensively and for the most part wasn't a good one on one defender so why should Elson do so much more then Rasho for half his salary?

mabber
07-14-2006, 05:10 PM

No shit, I bet 3 out of every 4 posts she makes is a friggin smilie. It's just thread clutter.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Yes.

We were the shoe-in repeat champ last season, and now (according to ST posters) our team is in shambles.

It can happen. Sit back and enjoy their demise.

Quoting Spurstalk posters isn't the quickest way to gain credibility.

LEONARD
07-14-2006, 05:30 PM
What a great offseason...I love this place... :fro

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 05:58 PM
No shit, I bet 3 out of every 4 posts she makes is a friggin smilie. It's just thread clutter.

Shut up!Get a life and grow up!

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 05:58 PM
What a great offseason...I love this place... :fro

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 05:59 PM

Quoting Spurstalk posters isn't the quickest way to gain credibility.

furry_spurry
07-14-2006, 06:15 PM
George Karl speaks highly of him. Nuggets fans speak highly of him...that's more than we can say for Rasho/Nazr after they left.
You obviously did not hear what PJ Carlesimo had to say about Rasho after he got traded.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-14-2006, 07:17 PM
You obviously did not hear what PJ Carlesimo had to say about Rasho after he got traded.

That statement was more on the side of what the FANS have to say about Rasho.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-14-2006, 07:17 PM

strangeweather
07-14-2006, 07:21 PM
That statement was more on the side of what the FANS have to say about Rasho.
The expectations for a starter are different than those for a guy who only gets a few minutes. One team's positive energy guy off the bench is another team's nightmare starter.