PDA

View Full Version : The official Spurs Piss and Moan thread

dknights411
07-13-2006, 01:00 AM
Ok guys, yes our off-season is less than spectacular so far, but all these doomsday threads and posts are getting utterly ridiculous. Even though I believe that the Spurs are just fine, I've created this thread as an outlet so you guys can vent and rant about our crappy off-season and how its all over for the Spurs. (Feel free to do whatever you want to do with this thread Kori).

Have at it.

Mr. Body
07-13-2006, 01:03 AM
I don't want a sarcastic piss and moan thread. I want a real, manly PISS AND MOAN THREAD.

wolf754life
07-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Last post from me for months, see you all in February, if I'm wrong I will be the first to admit it, I AM A FAN, A HUGE FAN of the black and silver. Love the class of the Spurs, Duncan, Manu, Tony, Bowen, all super guys and great pro's.

But you all know that its incredibly frustrating to surround them with second rate support.

Top people need top equipment to be their best! The spurs obviously settled for the lower end model on this one.

Do you give Michaelangelo crayons instead of a paintbrush?

We will see, but for now its time to go into the deep dark night of the offseason, hope will certainly spring eternal, and I hope I'm wrong, but I would bet the mortgage I'm not!

Spurs 52-30 next year, write it down!

violentkitten
07-13-2006, 01:11 AM
i'm feeling a 'i told you so' thread. some of us saw this coming down the pike long ago.

csw225
07-13-2006, 01:15 AM
Last post from me for months, see you all in February

cool, beat it.

cecil collins
07-13-2006, 01:15 AM
How about the Official No Pissing and Moaning thread. There seems to be more of a need for that.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
07-13-2006, 01:17 AM
The pretzels at the At&T center are too salty.

dknights411
07-13-2006, 01:18 AM
How about the Official No Pissing and Moaning thread. There seems to be more of a need for that.

Yeah, I know.

SA210
07-13-2006, 01:19 AM
It seems as if the Dallas series screwed up the Spurs FO heads so bad starting with Game 2, that they have never recovered and don't know what the hell they are doing.

They are so messed up and confused from that series that it's having a domino effect right thru this sorry off season and on to next year.

Bunch of pansies in that office, gutless.

:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2006, 01:46 AM
PMS thread

awmyplace
07-13-2006, 01:47 AM
Lol!

AFE7FATMAN
07-13-2006, 02:37 AM
Originally committed to play at Mississippi State but failed to qualify academically. . .Later enrolled at Laurinburg Institute, then transferred to Coastal Christian Academy-yep Mr Butler, and he is going to learn to play Defense :lol

polandprzem
07-13-2006, 03:09 AM
i'm feeling a 'i told you so' thread. some of us saw this coming down the pike long ago.

Where are mine pessimistic threads about the offseason and what we can get?

angel_luv
07-13-2006, 10:59 AM
The pretzels at the At&T center are too salty.

and over priced.

:lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-13-2006, 11:02 AM
98% of the threads in here are piss and moan.

1Parker1
07-13-2006, 11:05 AM

:lol Damnit! You stole my reply. Great minds really do think alike.

angel_luv
07-13-2006, 11:07 AM
You stole my reply. Great minds really do think alike.

I knew you were going to say that. :angel

:lol

MajorMike
07-13-2006, 11:07 AM

And have let us know on a minute-by-minute basis.

Mr. Body
07-13-2006, 11:13 AM

We're 2% under quota, then.

Extra Stout
07-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Peter Holt gave Pop & R.C. a one-time dispensation to over the luxury tax threshold in order to sign Michael Finley.

They aren't allowed to do that again. The contract mistakes they made, and the Jason Kidd fiasco were bound to catch up to them at some point.

Now is that point.

The Spurs gain greater flexibility in future seasons. Next year, they have a slew of expiring contracts as trade assets, and failing that, they've got cap room in 2008 to acquire replacements for guys like Bowen and Horry.

But 2006-07 is a letdown year. It will be a waste, to whatever extent 55-27 is a waste.

J.T.
07-13-2006, 05:56 PM
I'm continually surprised by the amount of idiots who think that losing the two players who didn't even play in our last series makes this offseason suck. Bonner and Vaughn are good additions to the team, and Williams will be too if it's in his future to play here.

When we win the title again next summer you all should be banned from any and all celebrations. Fairweather fans can gtfo now please.

Mr. Body
07-13-2006, 06:09 PM
So, J.T., when those underwhelming and tepid additions wind up losing us key playoff games and we don't win the trophy, we all get to line up and kick you in the balls?

Extra Stout
07-13-2006, 06:11 PM
I'm continually surprised by the amount of idiots who think that losing the two players who didn't even play in our last series makes this offseason suck. Bonner and Vaughn are good additions to the team, and Williams will be too if it's in his future to play here.

When we win the title again next summer you all should be banned from any and all celebrations. Fairweather fans can gtfo now please.
What the Spurs almost got away with over a seven-game series, i.e. playing small ball with a six-man rotation, would be disastrous over an 82-game season. Players don't have anywhere near that kind of stamina over the grueling six-month grind.

Horry had nothing left come playoff time as it was, because Rasho and Nazr were so worthless all year. How will next year be any better?

Bowen, Barry, and Horry are all at the age where each year yields diminishing returns. If the Spurs want to keep these veterans, along with the big 3, in any kind of shape for the playoffs, they're going to have to play these marginal guys rotation minutes and suffer the consequences in the standings. Even if they do that, they'll be faced with beating Dallas and/or Phoenix without HCA, and without the experience edge they once had, since now those teams have playoff experience.

And, the Spurs still will have the same holes Dallas was able so easily to exploit, and the Spurs will be dependent upon outscoring opponents, a total reversal from their M.O. since Pop took over the coaching reigns ten years ago. The "funnelling" part of their defensive scheme is history, and their perimeter defense is anchored by a guy entering the twilight of his career.

The team needs reinforcements, and they're just not coming this summer.

Maybe next summer.

Mr. Body
07-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Xtra, nobody's said it better.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-13-2006, 06:14 PM
Extra Stout you sure know how to kick a guy in the throat with a steel toed boot when he's been hit by a freight train and about to die.

furry_spurry
07-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Horry had nothing left come playoff time as it was, because Rasho and Nazr were so worthless all year. How will next year be any better?

If Horry can't handle 18 minutes per game during the regular season, he has a problem. People don't want to admit that Rob just plain sucked during the play-offs and it has nothing to do with being worn out from being overworked during the regular season.

strangeweather
07-13-2006, 06:26 PM
If Horry can't handle 18 minutes per game during the regular season, he has a problem. People don't want to admit that Rob just plain sucked during the play-offs and it has nothing to do with being worn out from being overworked during the regular season.
He's a fossil at this point. It's time for Horry to take on the Steve Kerr Memorial Role of 11th-12th man who can be an assassin in clutch situations.

Mr. Body
07-13-2006, 06:30 PM
Horry is done, pretty much, but given the incompetence of most of our bench, I'd expect him to be forced to play a significant role in an 8-man rotation.

strangeweather
07-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Horry is done, pretty much, but given the incompetence of most of our bench, I'd expect him to be forced to play a significant role in an 8-man rotation.
I think our regular season big man rotation will be Duncan, Bonner, and whichever two centers we end up with that suck the least.

jman3000
07-13-2006, 06:40 PM
If this thread goes beyond 5 pages ... you should all be castrated.

zero signal
07-13-2006, 06:42 PM
This thread is so... Lakersground-ish. :lol

Mr. Body
07-13-2006, 06:43 PM
I think our regular season big man rotation will be Duncan, Bonner, and whichever two centers we end up with that suck the least.

I might just take off this season and take up macrame.

dknights411
07-13-2006, 06:45 PM
I might just take off this season and take up macrame.

That's grounds for castration there, huh j-man?