PDA

View Full Version : Ea Ncaa '06

Ballcox
07-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Came out on the 12th, just wondering if anyone had picked it up yet and if so is this year's edition a good one? Brief review appreciated, trying to decide if I want to buy this version. Of course on the 360 I know it's going to look good, but more important is the gameplay top notch? Thanks for any info.

Holmes_Fans
07-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Ya, if you don't even know what year the game is (it's 07) or when the release date is(the 18th) you probably don't need to play it.

But having said that, the official street date is the 18th, but some bimbo lady at toys r us sold it to me monday:elephant
http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/7594/ncaa0729ly.jpg

scott
07-13-2006, 06:24 PM
What version do you have? I'm afraid to buy it for the 360 fearing it will be a stripped down version.

Holmes_Fans
07-13-2006, 11:58 PM
360 version is going to be stripped down quite a bit, but the graphics I hear are pretty good. Not worth buying a 360 for unless you have money to spare.

scott
07-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Sounds like I'll just wait for Madden and stick with FIFA2006 for now.

Thanks Holmes Fan!

Ballcox
07-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Ok, a buddy of mine picked up NCAA'07 last night and we started playing the game at about 12:30pm. But guess what? No fucking co-op mode on the game, meaning you can't play with another person on the same team, how in holy hell does that happen? I'm seriously pissed at EA Sports for this shit, how can you release a sports game on a next gen console, include all of the dynasty mode stuff and all the other extras and then NOT include a co-op mode? Give me a fucking break, he's taking the game back to the store today. I guess the game is only for people who play on-line or just by themselves against the computer, what a fucking joke!

j-6
07-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Ok, a buddy of mine picked up NCAA'07 last night and we started playing the game at about 12:30pm. But guess what? No fucking co-op mode on the game, meaning you can't play with another person on the same team, how in holy hell does that happen? I'm seriously pissed at EA Sports for this shit, how can you release a sports game on a next gen console, include all of the dynasty mode stuff and all the other extras and then NOT include a co-op mode? Give me a fucking break, he's taking the game back to the store today. I guess the game is only for people who play on-line or just by themselves against the computer, what a fucking joke!

Good luck returning the game. I bought last year's Madden at Gamestop and they wouldn't even let me exchange it, let alone return it. The only thing they could "offer" was the games used value which was like 1/2 the new price even though I came back the next day.

Holmes_Fans
07-18-2006, 02:00 PM
Can you not play vs. another person offline?

Should of gotten the ps2 or xbox version.

scott
07-18-2006, 06:33 PM
Against my better judgement, I went ahead and bought the 360 version... it sucks major ass.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-18-2006, 07:06 PM
I have the regular Xbox version and I like it so far.

What's the problem with the 360 version?

scott
07-18-2006, 07:10 PM
It's nothing like the regular XBox versions I've played. The menus are different and difficult to navigate, the only feature is Dynasty mode, the gameplay sucks, and it seems to lag. I'm going to see if my Game Stop will take a return, they have been cool about that stuff in the past... cross my fingers.

Brutalis
07-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Yeah I was at the release last night and got it for reg xbox. No problems. Best football game so far I've ever seen. 9/10

scott
07-18-2006, 08:06 PM
The good news is that EBGames is willing to take it back and give me full credit towards the purchase of Madden.

Good riddance to this shitty game (the 360 version).

SAtown
07-18-2006, 11:28 PM
I've played the 360 version quite a bit today (1 game online). It's a great game, honestly. Probably the best football game to date.

scott
07-18-2006, 11:38 PM
I've played the 360 version quite a bit today (1 game online). It's a great game, honestly. Probably the best football game to date.

Really?!?!?!

I found it to be absolutely HORRID. From the the jerky camera movement on the stadium shots to the relative two dimensionality of kicks and passes to the difficult to navigate menus, I found it to be subpar on all levels. Crisper graphics, yes, but the gameplay was subpar compared to last year's XBox version.

If Madden is anything like this, I will be pissed.