PDA

View Full Version : Does exist, in America the political division..?

stefano
07-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Does exist, in America the political division between left and right?

Left is formed by comunist(Rifondazione comunista Bertinotti, Comunisti italiani Diliberto etc) , social democratic(Rosa nel pugno Bonino, Pannella) , centre-left (DS, etc). Prodi is the leader.

The coalition of right (Berlusconi is still the leader) is formed by liberal party (Forza Italia, Silvio Berlusconi) Catholic party (Casini UDC), right party, national party (Alleanza Nazionale), Lega Nord (Bossi is the leader who want the federalism) and extreme right party, the neofascist party (Forza Nuova, Fiamma Tricolore). Alleanza Nazionale was a neo fascist to, till 2003 when Fini, the leader, broke with the past (at the beginning the party was named M.S.I, born on the defunt R.S.I, the republic created by Mussolini in the years-1943/45- of the civil wars)

scott
07-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Yoda, is that you?

Seriously... what?

stefano
07-13-2006, 06:22 PM
this is the wrong section... sorry...

stefano
07-13-2006, 06:24 PM
The democratic party and the republican party, what are similar in italian sistem?

Summers
07-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Well... most of us aren't familiar with Italian politics. But Random Guy probably is. He's odd like that. I'll go get him and have him engage in nerdy conversation with you. :)

stefano
07-14-2006, 11:55 AM
What's nerdy conversation?

thank you

RandomGuy
07-14-2006, 01:53 PM
The democratic party and the republican party, what are similar in italian sistem?

Democratic party= left + center-left

Republican party= right + center-right

Recent years have seen the Republican party move much more towards the right, as much of the nation has.

American political "pendulum" swings back and forth every 20-30 years or so, based on some of the observations of political analysts that I trust.

This means that the US will be more center-left for about 20 years, then will start swinging back to center-right for about 20 years. We are very obviously in a center-right phase at the moment, with the Republican party controling both parts of congress (house and senate) as well as the presidency.

congess writes laws, president signs (or vetoes) laws and enforces them. Judicial branch interprets laws in cases of dispute.

Three "branches" of government have different powers and duties, with "checks" on them by each of the other three.

Example of a "check" is that although the judicial branch can rule a law unconstitutional (void), federal judges are nominated by the executive (president) and voted on by the legislative (congress)

US congress is composed of two parts ("bicameral" or "two-chambered")(chamber= nice word for "room")

House of representatives are elected every two years. Each state of the 50 states gets a number of representatives based on population. More population=more representatives.

Senators are elected for terms of six years. Each state has exactly two senators.

President signs treaties, but senate must approve them for the US to consider itself "bound" by the treaty (i.e. obey treaty)

Hope this helps.