PDA

View Full Version : Sixers' Salmons selects Toronto as trade destination

ducks
07-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Sixers' Salmons selects Toronto as trade destination
By PHIL JASNER
Daily News Sports Writer

John Salmons has made his decision, and it’s Toronto.

Salmons, a 4-year veteran with the 76ers, has agreed to a sign-and-trade that will send him to the Raptors. He chose Toronto over an opportunity to join the Phoenix Suns.

Salmons, 26, has agreed to the terms of a 5-year contract worth $23 million.

The Sixers will receive a second-round draft choice and a $2 million trade exception.

“John had two great choices and chose Toronto based on a variety of factors,” Salmons’ agent Joel Bell told the Daily News this afternoon. “He wanted to think through all the possibilities before he reached a decision.”

Bell also represents Sixers’ Bobby Jones and Shavlik Randolph.

The Raptors apparently need to make at least one other roster move before they can officially sign Salmons. That might not happen for about 7 days.

Salmons averaged a career-best 7.5 points last season, appearing in all 82 games and starting 24; he also contributed 2.7 assists and 2.7 rebounds in 25.1 minutes.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/15032025.htm

Nashfan
07-13-2006, 07:17 PM
He did not pick the Suns because he wanted to start. No guarantee that he starts in Toronto but something swayed him. No great loss as far as I am concerned. :lol

RON ARTEST
07-13-2006, 07:22 PM
god the suns cant get anybody now that they dont have colangelo anymore. :lmao

Nashfan
07-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Ron Artest,

And who are the Kings getting that is so great? I think you need to worry more about your team than our's. :lol

Rip-Hamilton32
07-13-2006, 08:35 PM
lol..i don't think they need to get more players in sacremento artest wasn't there all season look for a higher seed next season

Nashfan
07-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Rip,

They may also lose Bonzi. So I am not that worried about them.

furry_spurry
07-14-2006, 12:45 AM
The Raptors apparently need to make at least one other roster move before they can officially sign Salmons. That might not happen for about 7 days.

They waived Barrett late Thursday.

furry_spurry
07-14-2006, 12:48 AM
The Toronto twelve man roster will only have 4 players from last season. They added 3 by regular trades-- 2 by draft- 2 by Eurpean FA's and 1 by S & T.