PDA

View Full Version : Pierce signs contract extension 3 yrs 60 million

atxrocker
07-13-2006, 07:31 PM
the guy is getting paid

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2518514

BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics have agreed to terms with forward Paul Pierce on a three-year contract extension worth almost $60 million, pending league approval.

Spokesman Jeff Twiss said Thursday that the team has worked out a deal with Pierce on a contract extension that would keep him in Boston beyond the 2007-08 season, when he has a player option for about $16 million.

Terms of the extension weren't released, but will reportedly be for three years and about $59 million. The NBA office must approve the deal before it can become official.

Also Thursday, the Celtics said Pierce is scheduled to have minor surgery on his left elbow in August. He should be ready for the start of training camp.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-13-2006, 08:12 PM
That's a lot of money.

NBA Junkie
07-13-2006, 10:15 PM
LeBron James is a trendsetter.

Look at all the copycats that have seeked similiar max deals that 'Bron agreed to last weekend. Wade, Bosh, and now, Pierce.

jacobdrj
07-16-2006, 05:06 PM
On the one hand, I am sad, because I am a huge huge fan of his, and would have liked to see him on a team and blast them over the top. But it is his choice, and the right buisness decision.

ABDENOUR POWER
07-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Paul Pierce just signed for 3 yrs and 60 million? PAUL PIERCE? Come on. The guy is a good player, but nowhere near that good.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2006, 05:41 PM
If you are the Celtics, what choice do you have? Someone will give him max money if you don't.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-16-2006, 05:48 PM
yeah..besides if you lose your best player and you didn't make the playoffs with him what are your chances making it without him..

Trainwreck2100
07-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Looks like the Spurs will continue their streak for the next three years

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2006, 01:26 AM
goin to enjoy every moment spurs make celtics their biatch

atxrocker
07-17-2006, 02:25 AM
Looks like the Spurs will continue their streak for the next three years

uh... ok. the celt's re-sign their superstar while the spurs deal with their aging star and an aging bench with no significant offseason moves and this somehow makes you guys dominant how? way to make sense, man.

atxrocker
07-17-2006, 02:26 AM
goin to enjoy every moment spurs make celtics their biatch

over 3500 posts and you are being serious? c'mon man... get real.

Obstructed_View
07-17-2006, 02:31 AM
uh... ok. the celt's re-sign their superstar while the spurs deal with their aging star and an aging bench with no significant offseason moves and this somehow makes you guys dominant how? way to make sense, man.
So Paul Pierce is a superstar, but Tim Duncan is an aging star? :lol You're retarded.

atxrocker
07-17-2006, 02:34 AM
So Paul Pierce is a superstar, but Tim Duncan is an aging star? :lol You're retarded.

oh for real? way to make a point, dumbass. duncan is aging.. deny it and we will see the true "retard" is. You fucking little prick. overrate injured timmy as long as you want, he clearly is not in his prime any longer. so fuck off. and to answer your original sarcastic question, yes pierce IS a superstar. i never took anything away from duncan. let's see his next season performance, smartass. lol @ your homerism though.

Obstructed_View
07-17-2006, 03:11 AM
oh for real? way to make a point, dumbass. duncan is aging.. deny it and we will see the true "retard" is. You fucking little prick. overrate injured timmy as long as you want, he clearly is not in his prime any longer. so fuck off. and to answer your original sarcastic question, yes pierce IS a superstar. i never took anything away from duncan. let's see his next season performance, smartass. lol @ your homerism though.
Yes, Paul Pierce is a whole year younger than Tim Duncan. How long exactly is "prime" in retardo-world, you stupid shit? Fortunately Paul Pierce has a magical Eldritch ring which prevents him from aging, which is why he's a "SUPERstar", yet Duncan is an also ran with three Finals MVPs. And I'm a homer.

Some of you Kings fans are so fucking ignorant it's scary. Well actually, just the one.

atxrocker
07-17-2006, 03:19 AM
Yes, Paul Pierce is a whole year younger than Tim Duncan. How long exactly is "prime" in retardo-world, you stupid shit? Fortunately Paul Pierce has a magical Eldritch ring which prevents him from aging, which is why he's a "SUPERstar", yet Duncan is an also ran with three Finals MVPs. And I'm a homer.

Some of you Kings fans are so fucking ignorant it's scary. Well actually, just the one.

hey, hey.. 37 minutes and you came up with this gem? way to go, ov. refresh me again, genius, the last time pierce had an injury that tainted him for a majority of the season. thanks for proving my point, dumbfuck, pierce is only a year younger and seems to be barely reaching his prime, unlike your timmy. and I will emphasize, since you didn't comprehend the first time, I never took anything away from Duncan. If it isn't obvious to you that um.. he isn't the same player he was, then your loss, dumbshit. diss on kings fans all you want. doesn't change anything about the future outcome of the spurs relies on an injured duncan. guess it will be the next time you hit the lottery till you fucks get lucky again, ay? :lol :lol

Trainwreck2100
07-17-2006, 10:33 AM

Go see how many times the Celts have beat the Spurs in the last 7 years, and then talk.

Obstructed_View
07-17-2006, 05:17 PM
hey, hey.. 37 minutes and you came up with this gem? way to go, ov. refresh me again, genius, the last time pierce had an injury that tainted him for a majority of the season. thanks for proving my point, dumbfuck, pierce is only a year younger and seems to be barely reaching his prime, unlike your timmy. and I will emphasize, since you didn't comprehend the first time, I never took anything away from Duncan. If it isn't obvious to you that um.. he isn't the same player he was, then your loss, dumbshit. diss on kings fans all you want. doesn't change anything about the future outcome of the spurs relies on an injured duncan. guess it will be the next time you hit the lottery till you fucks get lucky again, ay? :lol :lol
So you are actually suggesting that time and age work differently for Paul Pierce than for anyone else in the world. Whatever. Duncan is breaking down and past his prime, which is why he averaged 26 points and 11 rebounds in the playoffs. Paul Pierce, the superstar, on the other hand averaged...wait a second. His team didn't make the playoffs. Wow. Pierce for MVP. :lol

jacobdrj
07-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Paul Pierce just signed for 3 yrs and 60 million? PAUL PIERCE? Come on. The guy is a good player, but nowhere near that good.
Respectfully dissagree. I was always hoping somehow Joe D would land him. Now it will never be... he was already a Piston, his jersy was just the wrong color.