PDA

View Full Version : A.I. and ___ for Parker?

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm fine with keeping Tony Parker. This trade is not gonna happen. Or is it?

Disclaimer I like Tony Ps game. He did great in the playoffs, I blame CementHead Pop for leaving him in Gm 6 up 20 points in Sacto with the game in the bag and Mad Dog Artest just looking to lay a lickin on someone. He did, it was Tony. Reinjured hip/groin/thigh whatever and was not the same vs Dallas. Kori eyewitness testified he could not walk between games.

If you think we needing him in the game that late vs Sacto then go have a wine cooler with Pop.

Now as to the proposed trade.
1 A.I. and Samuel Dalembert for Parker. Done and done? There is our servicable center? Sure he is 31 and I don't like A.I.s punk-rappa-chip-on-shoulder-i be-da-viktum attitude. However dude can ball and his assists have been getting much better each year, even with butterfingers Dalembert fumbling away numerous would-be assists at Center.

2 A.I. and Andre Iguodala for Parker. Yeah we would then have a glut at GF but Igs is only 22 and just keeps getting better. I would move Fins and Barry to try to get the elusive seviceable Center.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2006, 08:29 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
07-13-2006, 08:30 PM
I'd rather take Shaq and Dwayne Wade for Parker personally

Walton Buys Off Me
07-13-2006, 08:31 PM
You obviously have that whole 'salary cap' thing covered pretty well don't you?

Genius thread

thispego
07-13-2006, 08:35 PM
i bet we could get a couple of AI's cornrows and igoudala for parker... then we could just grow our own AI

Spurologist
07-13-2006, 08:35 PM
:lmao :lmao

Best. Thread. Ever

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Genius thread

Throw in Oberto, Beno, Bonner, etc.
Lets hear your trade proposals numb nutts.

exstatic
07-13-2006, 08:36 PM
The shelf life on small guards over 30 is very short, measured in one or two high level seasons, followed by a quick and sharp decline. Since AI has 3 years and close to $60M left on his deal, Spurs would be left holding the bag while Philly enjoys 8-10 years of Parker, assuming SA could put together enough OTHER players just to get AI without gutting the team.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
07-13-2006, 08:37 PM
This trade doesn't even work on NBA Live, and every trade works on NBA Live.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Fabbs-
:tu on the most retarded trade proposal to date.

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 08:38 PM
The shelf life on small guards over 30 is very short, measured in one or two high level seasons, followed by a quick and sharp decline. Since AI has 3 years and close to $60M left on his deal, Spurs would be left holding the bag while Philly enjoys 8-10 years of Parker, assuming SA could put together enough OTHER players just to get AI without gutting the team.

Absolutely if we did not title at least once and preferably back to back or 2 of 3 i would consider it a failure. However Igs could be the GF for the next 8-10 also.

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 08:39 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

^^ oh that's right. A.I. might not go for throwing it in to Tim and standing around and Dumping. :lol

MannyIsGod
07-13-2006, 08:39 PM
This trade doesn't even work on NBA Live, and every trade works on NBA Live.:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
07-13-2006, 08:40 PM
contracts dont work, and iversons contract is nasty no way, even dalemberts contract is nasty who doesnt do anything.

ai2+KK or draft pick then i would do straight up for tp

Spurologist
07-13-2006, 08:40 PM
This thread needs to be CLASSIC-FIED immediately before much more damage is done

ChumpDumper
07-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Get back to me when you prove 10 = 27.

Fabbs
Assume Philly eats a bunch of money. They wont.

You keyboard commandoes get your panties all in a bunch because Trader.com says the numbers dont match. I'm talking about the players.

Spurologist

:rollin

violentkitten
07-13-2006, 08:43 PM
it's 8:43pm cst and spurs fans are still trading tony parker

exstatic
07-13-2006, 08:49 PM

You keyboard commandoes get your panties all in a bunch because Trader.com says the numbers dont match. I'm talking about the players.
Philly can't "eat money" and in the REAL world, the numbers have to match.

ChumpDumper
07-13-2006, 08:50 PM
Assume Philly eats a bunch of money.Alright!
They wont.Shit. WTF was I supposed to assume it then?

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Now as to the proposed trade.
1 A.I. and Samuel Dalembert for Parker. Done and done? There is our servicable center? Sure he is 31 and I don't like A.I.s punk-rappa-chip-on-shoulder-i be-da-viktum attitude. However dude can ball and his assists have been getting much better each year, even with butterfingers Dalembert fumbling away numerous would-be assists at Center.

2 A.I. and Andre Iguodala for Parker. Yeah we would then have a glut at GF but Igs is only 22 and just keeps getting better. I would move Fins and Barry to try to get the elusive seviceable Center.

Why not just trade Parker for Dwayne Wade and Shaq, straight up. Maybe Miami will even throw in Mourning to sweeten the deal.

Kori Ellis
07-13-2006, 08:54 PM
A realistic trade (monetarily) would be Tony and Manu for AI.

And I think we all agree that no one here would do that.

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Alright!Shit. WTF was I supposed to assume it then?

Dumper when i originally typed this up, I was going to put "assume the money will all work" even if it won't. Then i thought I'll see how many fish i can catch. Anyways, you were trying to point out the math. Yes, due to Phillys outrageous overpayment to Dalembert, it wont work. So lets just roll with getting it closer, throw in Oberto Bonner etc and then what do you all think playerwise?

extacix again, Igs could be the GF for years to come and his D has the potential to keep growing to Bowen type status. Have you seen Igs shut down Kobe? Not every game but several games he clamped him.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Dumper when i originally typed this up, I was going to put "assume the money will all work" even if it won't.It won't. It is not even close. What is the point of discussing complete bullshit pipe dreams?

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 08:59 PM

Blasphemous!
Oh you meant the money part. :lol You know, some wish Stern and the owners would scap all this dollar for dollar, or at least make it wayy more flexible.

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 09:01 PM
It won't. It is not even close. What is the point of discussing complete bullshit pipe dreams?

Hey dude. :spin To see you sitting at your keyboard and how fast you would pounce on a technicality that RobotTrader.com says it will not give you permission to think about.

Take another hit and tell us what you think about the player trade?

exstatic
07-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Blasphemous!
Oh you meant the money part. :lol You know, some wish Stern and the owners would scap all this dollar for dollar, or at least make it wayy more flexible.
They have. It used to be a 15% difference in salary. Now it's 25%. Your "trade" still isn't even on the right planet.

ShoogarBear
07-13-2006, 09:07 PM
This trade doesn't even work on NBA Live, and every trade works on NBA Live.:lmao

It's time to retire ABC.

TheSanityAnnex
07-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Hey dude. :spin To see you sitting at your keyboard and how fast you would pounce on a technicality that RobotTrader.com says it will not give you permission to think about.

Take another hit and tell us what you think about the player trade?What is the point of thinking about a trade that isn't remotely possible?

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 09:11 PM
They have. It used to be a 15% difference in salary. Now it's 25%. Your "trade" still isn't even on the right planet.

Move it 60%. Add some Spurs benchees. Have Holt see what happened to Kenneth Lay and decide the going over the lux tax is well worth it for back to back titles. How about now?

exstatic
07-13-2006, 09:28 PM
Move it 60%. Add some Spurs benchees. Have Holt see what happened to Kenneth Lay and decide the going over the lux tax is well worth it for back to back titles. How about now?
60% still doesn't work, AI makes 100% more than Tony, at LEAST. Before you go and say 100%, I dont' do "what ifs". If it doesn't work in the real world, it's not worth discussing, to me, anyways.

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 09:43 PM
You guys must be a blast to party with.

Spurs9
07-13-2006, 09:45 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

THE SIXTH MAN
07-13-2006, 10:05 PM
Fabbs=Awmyplace

kite
07-13-2006, 10:16 PM
AI makes 18,281,250, and Parker makes 9,450,000 no way it can happen

THE SIXTH MAN
07-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Why would they take our trash for A.I. when they have better offers from other teams on the table?

Obstructed_View
07-13-2006, 10:50 PM
Mr Fabbs, the thread you've started is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having clicked on it. I declare this the dumbest thread of the day, and may God have mercy on your soul

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 10:58 PM
Mr Fabbs, the thread you've started is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having clicked on it. I declare this the dumbest thread of the day, and may God have mercy on your soul

Maybe you will get laid sometime in this lifetime.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-13-2006, 11:01 PM

Dude, are you from Saturn? :frying:

AI makes 20mil per, Dalembert makes 10mil per, Parker makes 10mil per. We'd have to give then like 7 players plus TP. Either way, Parker is young, still improving and on a very decent contract. AI is old.

Oh, and AI and TD on the same team!? You gotta be kidding... :lol

jman3000
07-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Pretend that we're on Mars and there is no salary cap! [/fabbs]

THE SIXTH MAN
07-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Pretend that we're on Mars and there is no salary cap! [/fabbs]
:lmao

Obstructed_View
07-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Maybe you will get laid sometime in this lifetime.
Not only are you a moron, your comebacks suck. :lol

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 11:39 PM
"Fabbs, today yours is the worst thread ever. We are not allowed to think that way on SpursTalk.com It is vital that the numerical figures for all proposed players trades match up exactly."
http://cbg.nohomers.net/images/cbgbio.gif
The above photo ^^^ of all of you.

I accept your flaming.
Fabbs.

p.s. can we now get on with the Jacques Vaughn threads?

Obstructed_View
07-13-2006, 11:44 PM
"It is expected that the numerical figures for all proposed players trades are in remotely the same fucking universe."

Fixed.

Fabbs
07-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Fixed. Fabbs when i first saw your post and saw the numerical figures did not add up in my universe exactly so, i looked like this. http://cbg.nohomers.net/images/laptop.gif
My bloodpressure was then sent skyrocketing like AltoMans.http://cbg.nohomers.net/images/cbgheart.gif

However now that we have seriously dogged you on your lack of correct numerical trade figures Fabbs, i can resume my universe and posting.http://cbg.nohomers.net/images/cbgcomputer.gif

Okay Obstucted and all, you got me.

Obstructed_View
07-14-2006, 12:00 AM
Okay Obstucted and all, you got me.

No, basically Spicoli got you when he said:

What is the point of thinking about a trade that isn't remotely possible?

Fabbs
07-14-2006, 12:08 AM
No, basically Fabbs you got me you and all of us when you gave us these lovely flowers.http://cbg.nohomers.net/images/cbgseat.gif

Now we can get back to discussing Benos exact numerical salary.
Thanks Fabbs. Lets call it a night.

Okay Obstucted and all. Thanks for accepting the flowers as my apology and good night to all.

jman3000
07-14-2006, 02:03 AM
Tony Parker for Shaq, D-Wade, and Haslem ... I'd do it.

Sense
07-14-2006, 02:19 AM
Wow Fabbs... you got burned sooo many times..

this thread was funny, thanks for waking me up a lil.

E20
07-14-2006, 02:25 AM
LMAO This thread rocks. We need more threads like this.

LMAO @ NBA Live. :lol

caŽlo
07-14-2006, 02:27 AM

Genius thread

OWNED :lol

danyel
07-14-2006, 05:45 AM
Lebron, Gooden & Ilgauskas for TP. I'll do that

1Parker1
07-14-2006, 07:29 AM

Damn, I would gladly do that!!!! That's like my ultimate dream. :lol

MrChug
07-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Gawd, I love this thread. This was REALLY entertaining in a boring offseason. I realize that we get restless during the summer months but damn. I mean seriously, geezus f*%kin kryyst...good LAWD!! :spin

ATTENTION: IF ANYONE COMES IN PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THREAD, YOU'LL THANK ME FOR IT!! :D

Fabbs
07-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Wow Fabbs... you got burned sooo many times..
this thread was funny, thanks for waking me up a lil.
Hey, if even a few people get it, I'm happy. Glad you liked it.
Lets see, who will they pounce on next?
http://www.uticaod.com/community/halloffame/entertainment/images/use_frink_john.jpg

MrChug
07-14-2006, 11:55 AM
Hey, if even a few people get it, I'm happy. Glad you liked it.
Lets see, who will they pounce on next?
http://www.uticaod.com/community/halloffame/entertainment/images/use_frink_john.jpg

Dude, no one "got it"...they were just humoring you after rolling their eyes, then laughing, then shaking their heads in utter disbelief. They did their best to keep you from looking stupid, but you kept on shouting "I'M STUPID!!!! I'M STUPID!!!" :lol

Fabbs
07-14-2006, 11:56 AM
Dude, no one "got it"...they were just humoring you after rolling their eyes, then laughing, then shaking their heads in utter disbelief. They did their best to keep you from looking stupid, but you kept on shouting "I'M STUPID!!!! I'M STUPID!!!" :lol

Aw go whine somewhere else.

MrChug
07-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Aw go whine somewhere else.

NO F-IN WAY MAN...this is too much fun :fro It's like a trainwreck...you can't turn away!

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Fabbs-

There is one way this deal could work out. The Spurs could send Tony Parker over to Europe and have him cloned.............twice. The Spurs could then take the three Tony Parkers and then make a straight swap with the 76'ers for Iverson and Igoudala. The salaries would finally match and both teams would be satisfied with their new players. The only hangup with this plan is making Eva pick one of the three Tony's.

MrChug
07-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Fabbs-

There is one way this deal could work out. The Spurs could send Tony Parker over to Europe and have him cloned.............twice. The Spurs could then take the three Tony Parkers and then make a straight swap with the 76'ers for Iverson and Igoudala. The salaries would finally match and both teams would be satisfied with their new players. The only hangup with this plan is making Eva pick one of the three Tony's.

See Fabbs??!! You WERE right!!!!!! There IS a way! Yay for you! But spicoli, Ehhh, she's a ho...she could keep all 3 happy.

SlovenianGuy
07-14-2006, 01:34 PM
If PHI adds Webber, we could trade all the Spurs for A.I., Sammy D and Webber.

I know it's possible, 'cause I checked it with Trade Checker. :smokin

jman3000
07-14-2006, 01:44 PM
Fabbs-

man ... talk about small ball....

CharlieMac
07-14-2006, 02:00 PM
no.fucking.way.

DFW Spurs
07-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Webber for a bag of Funions.. I'll do that trade in a heart beat.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-14-2006, 02:15 PM
I believe the penalty for starting a thread of this nature is a mandatory three month posting suspension and a fine of $50,000.

Fabbs, please make out your check to "Ed Chopper Jones".

Mixability
07-14-2006, 02:26 PM
NO F-IN WAY MAN...this is too much fun :fro It's like a trainwreck...you can't turn away!

:tu

it's funnier when he tries to backtrack and play it off as a joke.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-14-2006, 02:36 PM
:tu

it's funnier when he tries to backtrack and play it off as a joke.

That's textbook T Park posting strategy right there.

Is Fabbs = TPark??

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-14-2006, 03:23 PM
*files this under too good to be true*

Fabbs
07-14-2006, 10:57 PM
That's textbook T Park posting strategy right there. Is Fabbs = TPark??

TPark gives out tickets to Spurs playoff games out of the generosity of his heart. What do you do for the site.

Catching you fish was just too easy.

ducks
07-14-2006, 11:14 PM
someone in the nba forum just posted spurs should ai and kg
so fabb is off the hook for now

Trainwreck2100
07-14-2006, 11:16 PM
But spicoli, Ehhh, she's a ho...she could keep all 3 happy.

http://www.ezekielbearsports.com/bbs/images/yahoo/clapping.gif

Das Texan
07-14-2006, 11:30 PM

too bad the world of the nba revolves around the numbers.

idiot.

THE SIXTH MAN
07-14-2006, 11:39 PM
too bad the world of the nba revolves around the numbers.

idiot.
I dont even think Fabbs knew what he was talking about.

Taking it to the Hole
07-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Somehow I suspect Fabbs invented this whole idea just to get the attention he craves so badly. Munchausen's Syndrome? Maybe? :lol

Fabbs
07-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Somehow I suspect Fabbs invented this whole idea just to get the attention he craves so badly. Munchausen's Syndrome? Maybe? :lol

It was a slow night and all the 400 post threads on who might come to the Spurs or whether Euro Vlade EuroVinski status was still limbo was getting boring. So yeah, I thought I'd liven it up a bit.

I knew this site had fish but i had no idea how many Comic Book Guy-Professor Finks existed that would get their panties bunched then leap for joy and pat themselves on the back for stating the obvious, that AI-Dalmberts salary is twice+ that of Tonys.

The pat themselves on the back bit tho, since many members on this site have 5+ profiles, not a big surprise who is self-patting who. The PattyCakers? New name?

Das Texan
07-15-2006, 12:38 AM
It was a slow night and all the 400 post threads on who might come to the Spurs or whether Euro Vlade EuroVinski status was still limbo was getting boring. So yeah, I thought I'd liven it up a bit.

I knew this site had fish but i had no idea how many Comic Book Guy-Professor Finks existed that would get their panties bunched then leap for joy and pat themselves on the back for stating the obvious, that AI-Dalmberts salary is twice+ that of Tonys.

The pat themselves on the back bit tho, since many members on this site have 5+ profiles, not a big surprise who is self-patting who. The PattyCakers? New name?

the discussion is a lot better when its more realistic. Personally I hate having to wade through shit like this.

Unrealistic bullshit like this should be in the troll forum.

Beer is Good
07-15-2006, 02:17 AM
you mean this trade is not gonna happen? Damn, get my hopes up. Wait, is it too late to trade TD for the '92 version of Jordan? Maybe build a time machine and pick up DROB from the Navy circa 1989? And what is this I hear about cloning three Parkers? Shit, while you're at it clone three TD's and we can play big again. Or clone a few Eva's to pass around between members of the forum like a dooby. I'll drink to that.

Obstructed_View
07-15-2006, 08:34 AM
:lol @ Fabbs acting like this was a calculated post instead of just stupidity.

Dalhoop
07-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Ignoring the money I wouldn't trade Parker for AI straight up. AI has game, but he is one drive to the basket from Had game.

He also has three things that you don't ever want to see in your favorate teams PG

1) He takes bad shots (he should pass after driving into the triple team ... this is bad decision making)

2) He takes too may shots (this wouldn't be too bad except for numbers 1 and 3)

3) He shoots a bad percentage (this too is a decision making problem)

Taking it to the Hole
07-15-2006, 10:10 AM
True, I agree, AI is really tainted goods at this point. You need a biohazard suit to come anywhere near him.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-15-2006, 04:48 PM
TPark gives out tickets to Spurs playoff games out of the generosity of his heart. What do you do for the site.

Now, T, did you do this for the site or for yourself? Seriously.

Either way it was a nice gesture.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-15-2006, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't do TP for AI straight up.

AI would probably win a ring or two here...with him/manu/TD...but after that little window is over, where would we stand? Our future is Tony Parker. Don't give him up unless its somebody else who can help is for the next 10 years.

Trainwreck2100
07-15-2006, 11:25 PM
the discussion is a lot better when its more realistic. Personally I hate having to wade through shit like this.

Unrealistic bullshit like this should be in the troll forum.

Exactly, Wade for Parker, good idea