PDA

View Full Version : R.C. Buford sighting

rayray2k8
07-13-2006, 11:56 PM
I was at work today and I had just started working at mcdonalds this week, at the airport and my boss had me serving food today. It was around the afternoon time and someone was coming towards the counter and was putting on his belt at the same time.(my guess was he just came thru the security gates since it was part of the procedure to take off your shoes and belt).

Anyway, I asked the man if I could take his order and when I looked at him, he looked like someone I'd seen before. Then I realized I was taking the order of the Spurs G.M!! :wow

I tried to act like I was taking the order of a regular customer, and took down his order. "Larger Diet Coke and double cheese burger".

I wasnt too sure it was him though, I thought maybe it was some look-alike. :lol

Then when he was finishing putting on his belt, he put his boarding pass down on the counter and I thought I take a peak just to make sure it wasnt some imposter.
I was then convinced it was him when I saw "BUFORD" in big bold letters on his pass. Unfortunalty I didnt have a chance to see where exatly he was going, and I didnt want to ask him, since my manager was there.

I should of though, with the way things have been going this summer.
I felt like going across the counter and smacking him across the head, and then tell him to quit fucking around and get Reggie Evans or some REAL players.
Or something!! :pissed
But I couldnt since my manager was there. :angel (i know :jack)

When I was giving him his order, I saw my manager go into the back and as soon as R.C was taking off with his order, I told him
"Get us somebody good"!
He kind of smirked at me and mumbled something. I think he said "thats what im trying to do" or "That's none of your business"
If I had to guess I would say he picked the second choice. :rolleyes

Thats all I got and its the truth.
The only thing I have to say about him is that the dude is freaking tall!
Im 6'4 and I consider him tall. (basketball background?)

I made this thread because of what spurs fans have been saying about our team, in them not doing much this off season.
He didnt look like he was going on vaction or anything of the sort of nature. No, he looked more like he was on a business trip. (He carried light)
So there you have it.
To me this means that at least there trying to land some players in San Antonio. Whatever the case maybe, you wont hear me complaining about R.C or the spurs not doing anything.

Thoughts or questions?

Kori Ellis
07-13-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm guessing he was headed to summer league in Salt Lake City which starts tomorrow. Usually RC, Presti, PJ, etc are all there.

Mr. Body
07-14-2006, 12:00 AM
New Mahinmi weight program: McDonalds.

rayray2k8
07-14-2006, 12:05 AM
New Mahinmi weight program: McDonalds.
I've seen the dude. He kinda looks light. Wouldnt mind hooking him up. :spin

Obstructed_View
07-14-2006, 12:06 AM
That would be awesome if a McDonalds employee jumped across the counter and started beating RC with his own belt shouting "JACK-EE-BUT-LER JACK-EE-BUT-LER!"

Mr. Body
07-14-2006, 12:07 AM
While all the rest of the airport hears "WHAT'S THE FREQUENCY KENNETH?"

spurs=bling
07-14-2006, 12:08 AM
you should have slapped him silly.

spurs=bling
07-14-2006, 12:09 AM
That would be awesome if a McDonalds employee jumped across the counter and started beating RC with his own belt shouting "JACK-EE-BUT-LER JACK-EE-BUT-LER!"
:lol

SA210
07-14-2006, 12:10 AM
He was probably there scouting talent from the McDonald's crew.

:pctoss

rayray2k8
07-14-2006, 12:14 AM
He was probably there scouting talent from the McDonald's crew.

:pctoss

With what they're offering Elson, I would of jumped in his arms to get some of that money. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-14-2006, 12:15 AM
you shouldve put up a big X sign and tell him NO DEAL!!!

if ur 6'4 they should hire you to be a scrimmage on the courts in trainin then waste money on signin scrubs on the team!!!

im pretty sure i can give beno a run for his money on the court.

Solid D
07-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I saw him today too over by the Southwest Las Vegas flight gate when I was coming back into SA late this afternoon. He was talking on his phone.

rayray2k8
07-14-2006, 12:18 AM
I'm guessing he was headed to summer league in Salt Lake City which starts tomorrow. Usually RC, Presti, PJ, etc are all there.

That pretty much solved everything.
Damn! They better be bringing in Ian, goddamnit!

SA210
07-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I saw him today too over by the Southwest Las Vegas flight gate when I was coming back into SA late this afternoon. He was talking on his phone.
He was probably discussing someone he signed from his McDonald's visit.

atxrocker
07-14-2006, 12:23 AM
"Larger Diet Coke and double cheese burger".

what a fucking cheapskate to order from the fucking dollar menu. don't count on him spending an extra buck if thats the kind of guy he is.

rayray2k8
07-14-2006, 12:25 AM
what a fucking cheapskate to order from the fucking dollar menu. don't count on him spending an extra buck if thats the kind of guy he is.
I dont know man, I had to break a $100. Fucker had a wad a bills.
The irony of it was he wasnt spending much.

SA210
07-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Spurs front office now looking to the McDonald leagues.

There is hope after all.

Obstructed_View
07-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Im 6'4
Did he offer you a contract?

rayray2k8
07-14-2006, 12:42 AM
Did he offer you a contract?

With what they're offering Elson, I would of jumped in his arms to get some of that money. :lol

SA210
07-14-2006, 12:43 AM
What are rayray's stats?

Obstructed_View
07-14-2006, 12:45 AM
What are rayray's stats?
The only stat that matters: <7'0"

rayray2k8
07-14-2006, 01:02 AM
0.0 PPG, 0.0 RPG, and 0.0 percent chance of every playing in the NBA.
End of story.

Nbadan
07-14-2006, 01:22 AM
I was wrong when I posted that this team couldn't get any less athletic than last year. POP and RC have done it. Someone needs to take the wine glass out of POP's hand and slap him back into reality.

T Park
07-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Whos athletic thats available?

Id love to know whos names are out there that are immediate fixes....

Leetonidas
07-14-2006, 01:30 AM

Qyntel Woods...

jman3000
07-14-2006, 01:58 AM

jman3000

polandprzem
07-14-2006, 02:01 AM
I saw him too. What a coincinence.
Today when I was going to buy some bread and stuff he was leaving the shop and said to me - be ready! I still don't know what does that mean :huh

SA210
07-14-2006, 02:32 AM
Today when I was going to buy some bread and stuff he was leaving the shop and said to me - be ready! I still don't know what does that mean :huh

Tek_XX
07-14-2006, 02:37 AM
pffft working at Mcdonalds

midgetonadonkey
07-14-2006, 02:41 AM
So you didn't ask him anything because you are afraid to lose your McDonald's job? Like you can't score a gig at Taco Bell or another fast food place if you lost your job at McDonald's. What a pussy.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Did he drop his phone?

If he didn't drop his phone I call bullshit.

T Park
07-14-2006, 03:40 AM
Dude, thats your time to say,

"Reggie Evans, WHY THE FUCK NOT!?"

angel_luv
07-14-2006, 10:17 AM
When I was giving him his order, I saw my manager go into the back and as soon as R.C was taking off with his order, I told him
"Get us somebody good"!
He kind of smirked at me and mumbled something. I think he said "thats what im trying to do" or "That's none of your business"If I had to guess I would say he picked the second choice.

Those two don't sound alike... which one was it?

polandprzem
07-14-2006, 10:54 AM
I haven't seen him since.

How long I have to stay ready?

Ocotillo
07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Did he keep the receipt? If the Spurs don't require receipts and have a standard per diem rate he may be getting $ 50 a day or something and pocketing the rest.... :lol

Gotta make it work where you can. :angel

SA210
07-14-2006, 11:08 AM
Maybe he was trying to sign up the Hamburgler.

spurschick
07-14-2006, 11:20 AM
"Get us somebody good"! He kind of smirked at me and mumbled something. I think he said "thats what im trying to do" or "That's none of your business" If I had to guess I would say he picked the second choice.

My guess is it was probably something more along the lines of "Suck my dick."

Mr. Body
07-14-2006, 11:24 AM
It was closer to, "No big signings or trades this year. We're intending to tank."

SA210
07-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Seems like that's what they're doing to eachother in the FO.

Mr. Body
07-14-2006, 11:27 AM
Seems like that's what they're doing to eachother in the FO.

They were spending time watching Rich Melzer shoot jumpshots in a gym. Five workouts they attended in half a week?!?!

SA210
07-14-2006, 11:31 AM
They were spending time watching Rich Melzer shoot jumpshots in a gym. Five workouts they attended in half a week?!?!
No Javtokas = :bang

Mr. Body
07-14-2006, 11:32 AM
They were watching Richard Belzer jumpshots instead of planning a course of action for a big man.

SA210
07-14-2006, 11:35 AM
They were watching Richard Belzer jumpshots instead of planning a course of action for a big man.
Be careful what you say about the Spurs FO.

Word has it that people are out there that will call you stupid for believing that the stupid FO decisions are actually not stupid at all. :rolleyes

rayray2k8
07-14-2006, 11:40 AM
I wasnt looking for attention when I wrote about my "encounter" with R.C. All I wanted to know was where he was going, and Kori answered that question.
That should of been all.
Most of you are ready to crucify me for me not saying much to R.C
But the reality is the majority of you would'nt of dont jack shit. :rolleyes

pffft working at Mcdonalds
Im guessing you've worked there before.

So you didn't ask him anything because you are afraid to lose your McDonald's job? Like you can't score a gig at Taco Bell or another fast food place if you lost your job at McDonald's. What a pussy.
Whatever you say danger. Not everyone was born with a silver spoon in their mouth. You make it sound like you would of beat his ass if you saw him. Please :lol

Did he drop his phone?

If he didn't drop his phone I call bullshit.
Is he known for doing that? No, I didnt see him with a phone.
Damn I need to get me a camera phone.

Dude, thats your time to say,

"Reggie Evans, WHY THE FUCK NOT!?"

Those two don't sound alike... which one was it?

He kind of smirked at me and mumbled something. I think he said "thats what im trying to do" or "That's none of your business"
If I had to guess I would say he picked the second choice.
Hes not suppose to say anything angel. Even i know that.

I haven't seen him since.

How long I have to stay ready?
Huh?

Did he keep the receipt? If the Spurs don't require receipts and have a standard per diem rate he may be getting $ 50 a day or something and pocketing the rest.... :lol

Gotta make it work where you can. :angel
Havent you heard? They're saving as much money as possible for the next 2 years. Its no wonder he didnt spend much and yes he did take his receipt.

Maybe he was trying to sign up the Hamburgler.
Ah yes, you and your clever little jokes.

If some low life mcdonalds employee was telling me what to do, I would of said something like that....
Ah shit.

If you fully read what I wrote, you would know that I just started working there. Im only working there because the hours are EXTREMLEY flexable for me and the fact that I go to school in the mornings.
Compared to my last job, where I was got out at 2 in the morning and then be up at 6:45 A.M.
I was living off of my college tuition for almost a year and I hated having to beg for money from my parents. So its gonna be nice having some money in my pocket despite what some have been saying.
Im not a high roller like midgetonadonkey, so I have to work in order to pay my bills. Even if it means working at a fast food restaurant.
Thats why im going to school damnit, im trying to get my degree.

Im gonna get you bastards who are talking all that mess whenever I go to a GIG. Lets see if you can repeat that shit in my face. :lol

SpursWoman
07-14-2006, 12:01 PM
I dont know man, I had to break a $100. Fucker had a wad a bills.
The irony of it was he wasnt spending much.

So, he's just supposed to spend money on shit he doesn't want just because he has money? :spin

ShoogarBear
07-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Here's where R.C. was headed, to look for another frontcourt acquisition. Holt even provided the transportation:

http://www.businessinnovationinsider.com/images/2006/04/Earth%20Day%20at%20the%20Dump.jpg

SA210
07-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Here's where R.C. was headed, to look for another frontcourt acquisition. Holt even provided the transportation:

http://www.businessinnovationinsider.com/images/2006/04/Earth%20Day%20at%20the%20Dump.jpg
photoshop of RC anyone?

polandprzem
07-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Huh?

ShoogarBear
07-14-2006, 12:08 PM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Damn, I love the off-season around here, whether it's good or bad.

angel_luv
07-14-2006, 12:34 PM
If I had to guess I would say he picked the second choice.
Hes not suppose to say anything angel. Even i know that.

It was a just a question. No reason to go Avery Johnson on me. :lol

foodie2
07-14-2006, 12:55 PM

Because being a clerk in a library is fucking worlds above working at McDonald's, right?

rayray2k8
07-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Caption this :spin
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/672/popandrctrash0ui.jpg

rayray2k8
07-14-2006, 01:27 PM
It was a just a question. No reason to go Avery Johnson on me. :lol
Im sorry sweety, I was on a comeback mode and I didnt mean bark at you like that.
Whenever you get a chance to see me in person, you have my permission to lay me a 5 across the chin. It wont be the first time though.

angel_luv
07-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Im sorry sweety, I was on a comeback mode and I didnt mean bark at you like that.
Whenever you get a chance to see me in person, you have my permission to lay me a 5 across the chin. It wont be the first time though.

I will do nothing of the sort. I am way too nosy... inquiring minds want to know, you know. :lol

However if it would make you feel better, you can post ten nice things about Rasho in penance. :angel

Spurs9
07-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Caption this :spin
:lmao :lmao :lmao
I think they found something.

SA210
07-14-2006, 02:41 PM

"We'll offer 1/2 the MLE to the coke can over there!"

:lmao :lmao

polandprzem
07-14-2006, 02:52 PM

Pop: I think I found a missing pieces
RC :Yup. They are little rusty, but it's offseason so they can be back in the shape after your practice Gregg
Pop: Okay. Give me 20 bucks and tell that guy behind us to pick those pieces
RC: Okay. Peeeeteeer....

SA210
07-14-2006, 02:58 PM

Man the FO sucks

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-14-2006, 03:12 PM

:lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-14-2006, 03:22 PM

Pop: Hey RC, look over there!
RC :Yeah Gregg, I see it too. Looks like a dead body.
Pop: Looks like he's pretty tall. If we can just somehow prop him up under the basket..... Man, are you thinking what I'm thinking??
RC: I'll call his agent!

polandprzem
07-14-2006, 03:34 PM
They are wasting no time

ShoogarBear
07-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Pop: Hey RC, look over there!
RC :Yeah Gregg, I see it too. Looks like a dead body.
Pop: Looks like he's pretty tall. If we can just somehow prop him up under the basket..... Man, are you thinking what I'm thinking??
RC: I'll call his agent!

Pop: No . . . wait . . . never mind, that's Rasho! :madrun

angel_luv
07-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Pop: No . . . wait . . . never mind, that's Rasho! :madrun

Oh no you didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-14-2006, 04:28 PM

[/I]

Pop: That's the one that Sam told us about, the one missing an ear.

RC: Well that raccoon is swarming to the edible trash pretty well. If you can teach it to chase a basketball like that I think we've got our rebounding problem solved. Where is Presti anyways?

Pop: He's on a raft in the Amazon. The tabloids are saying there's an anaconda down there that's eaten a couple of villagers. If that pans out we'll have our d-minded long three. Assuming Holt doesn't cheap out on us.

spurs=bling
07-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Pop: That's the one that Sam told us about, the one missing an ear.

RC: Well that raccoon is swarming to the edible trash pretty well. If you can teach it to chase a basketball like that I think we've got our rebounding problem solved. Where is Presti anyways?

Pop: He's on a raft in the Amazon. The tabloids are saying there's an anaconda down there that's eaten a couple of villagers. If that pans out we'll have our d-minded long three. Assuming Holt doesn't cheap out on us.

angel_luv
:lol That was funny SFIE.

sendman
Oh no you didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But he did, but he did!!!! :lol :lol :lol

ShoogarBear
07-14-2006, 04:31 PM
No . . . wait . . . never mind, that's Rasho! :madrun

spurs=bling
07-14-2006, 04:32 PM
where is Shoogs funeral gonna be at?

ShoogarBear
07-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Sigh, getting traded may be the best thing to ever happen to Rasho in SA. In four months, we might all be reminiscing about his glory days.

spurs=bling
07-14-2006, 04:37 PM
you love shaqbear??

polandprzem
07-14-2006, 04:39 PM
No way it was Rasho

ShoogarBear
07-14-2006, 04:43 PM
you love shaqbear??

It was a curse put on me until the start of next season by 1P1.

Old School Chic
07-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Never underestimate the power of the Spurs FO :fro

SA210
07-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Never underestimate the power of the Spurs FO :fro
Is Old School Chic holding out on critical info? :lol

I say spill the beans!

Old School Chic
07-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Is Old School Chic holding out on critical info? :lol

I say spill the beans!

All I can say is that the Spurs FO are working on something real good. So sit back and enjoy the ride!

RC's Boss
07-14-2006, 07:41 PM
withe a quick pit stop at the bunny ranch :hat

spurs=bling
07-14-2006, 08:08 PM

All I can say is that the Spurs FO are working on something real good. So sit back and enjoy the ride!
tell me.

spurschick
07-14-2006, 09:46 PM
The Spurs FO really has tried to get the guys they want, but everyone they were interested in went for the big bucks where they could get it and didn't seem to care much about their chances of winning a championship. Seriously. For many of us, we can't fathom why someone would give up the chance to win a title, but the sad thing is that there are a lot of players who are only interested in the big paycheck and not the ring. They know that fans are freaking out, but they recognize it's because we are very spoiled here. We are so used to hearing the players want to come here and some have even taken less money to either come here or stay here, we just expect the players we want to jump at the chance. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

ChumpDumper
07-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Gotta give young good players the money. Nothing new about that.

Obstructed_View
07-14-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm not entirely sure that the Spurs are out of the running for any of the guys they actually wanted.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Your manager was there...

I'm sure it would be hard to land another McDees job if you were let go from this one.

rayray2k8
07-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Your manager was there...

I'm sure it would be hard to land another McDees job if you were let go from this one.
Just drop it man. :rolleyes
You kinda went of track there.
If you find me another one that pays more than 8 an hour, I'll go there. :lol

I actually took a pay cut. I was getting 13 dollars an hour where I use to work at, but I wont go into detail on where exactly that was.

ShoogarBear
07-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Have you heard the Spurs have hired a new Director of Special Talent Acquisitions?

http://www.ghgcorp.com/higheagl/ranger.gif

To the dump, to the dump, to the dump-dump-dump!

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2006, 11:32 PM
Have you heard the Spurs have hired a new Director of Special Talent Acquisitions?

http://www.ghgcorp.com/higheagl/ranger.gif

To the dump, to the dump, to the dump-dump-dump!

http://www.kepplerspeakers.com/speakers/pics/mcmahon-e.jpg

Hi-yo!

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-14-2006, 11:33 PM
The mental picture of RayRay jumping over the counter and beating RC with his own belt is simply priceless.

ShoogarBear
07-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Ed McMahon is pretty tall, isn't he? Hmmm . . .

Please_dont_ban_me
07-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Just drop it man. :rolleyes
You kinda went of track there.
If you find me another one that pays more than 8 an hour, I'll go there. :lol

I actually took a pay cut. I was getting 13 dollars an hour where I use to work at, but I wont go into detail on where exactly that was.

You're probably working your ass for 8 an hour.

Go work at West man. They're always hiring and you can work however many hours you want a week...as long as it's at least 20 and no more than like 80 (I'm guessing). It starts at like 7.50 and if you go over 40 you get time and a half. Btw, it's telemarketing...but they have a lot of different divisions so you won't necessarily have to work in one thats outbound calling people selling shit (which isn't that bad and they have low expectations and it's very relaxed...and you wear pants/shirt/tie so you look very respectable).

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-15-2006, 12:02 AM

Go work at West man. They're always hiring and you can work however many hours you want a week...as long as it's at least 20 and no more than like 80 (I'm guessing). It starts at like 7.50 and if you go over 40 you get time and a half. Btw, it's telemarketing...but they have a lot of different divisions so you won't necessarily have to work in one thats outbound calling people selling shit (which isn't that bad and they have low expectations and it's very relaxed...and you wear pants/shirt/tie so you look very respectable).

Imagine the possibilities if you get R.C. on the phone.

rayray2k8
07-15-2006, 12:07 AM

Funny that you mentioned that.
My brother is working there now (I think) and was trying to get me to work there as well. I told him to let me know how things are going, but I havent been in touch with him for quite some time. Not sure if thats good or bad.
You right about working as many hours you desire, as long as its no less than 20. As well what days you want to work, though im not sure about the max.
I appreciate the info though.

rayray2k8
07-15-2006, 12:12 AM
The mental picture of RayRay jumping over the counter and beating RC with his own belt is simply priceless.
I am so tired that I obviously misread what JB47 said.
My bad.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-15-2006, 12:14 AM
I think beating him with his own belt would of been funnier.

I could have written cleaner copy, but I'm tired from working the cops beat.

That was what I meant.

rayray2k8
07-15-2006, 12:38 AM
Good night folks.
I was gonna photoshop something, but I'll probably do it later.