PDA

View Full Version : lakers/pistons breakup

TDMVPDPOY
07-14-2006, 12:03 AM
so which one you think cost the team alot?and will they be able to rebuild?

lakers lost oneal, and oneal n heat wcf 04/05, champions 05/06
while lakers lottery 04/05, first round 05/06

pistons getting rid of darko, arroyo, ben, now even scrub delfino wants traded
they still have 4 core players, will they be able to stay competitive b4 flip makes the team go down hill.

which one hurt most?

seriously it will never be the same as pop has said bout the lakers, now its the pistons....

Trainwreck2100
07-14-2006, 12:05 AM
I thought for sure they'd last, first bennifer and now this?

TDMVPDPOY
07-14-2006, 12:20 AM
the stupid breakup of the pistons is bs, now shaq gets another easy road to stupid finals

rayray2k8
07-14-2006, 12:22 AM
The pistons really just lost one guy.
The lakers kept only one of the four in their core guys.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-14-2006, 01:34 AM
1 guy that has won defencive player of the year 4 times and was the teams co-captain..

1Parker1
07-14-2006, 07:41 AM
Meh, Lakers still got Kobe and Phil Jackson, Pistons ended up losing Wallace and Brown....I'd say the Pistons breakup may hurt them more in the long run.

Eric Dampier
07-14-2006, 08:46 AM
lakers still have Kwame Brown

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Meh, Lakers still got Kobe and Phil Jackson, Pistons ended up losing Wallace and Brown....I'd say the Pistons breakup may hurt them more in the long run.

Wallace' departure hurt the team, but losing the bench players they had on the '04 championship squad (Okur, James, Williamson) hurt them even more in the long run. Being over the cap, the Pistons really have no shot at replenishing their already weak bench.

That said, Detroit will still win over 50 games next year. Meanwhile, the Lakers are still mediocre with Kobe and not much else. Losing Shaq was a huge blow, but he was already showing signs of decline.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 11:25 AM
The Pistons will be a top 5 seed in the EAST next year, GUARANSHEED.

:lol

himat
07-14-2006, 11:30 AM
I think the Lakers lost more. They were an almost unbeatable team, and Shaq left. Pistons don't epend too much on 1 guy so the blow wasn't as hard as the Lakers.

I think Ben is living off the Pistons right now. Sure he was great without Tay and Sheed, but now he's older and isn't as athletic. Tay and Sheed to me are some of the best froncourt partners a guy can ask for. Ben is going to regret leaving, and I'd feel much better if the Pistons creamed the Bulls.

Unless Ben was such a big liability on offense or unlesss Joe D. makes a move to make us big time threats again go win the Finals Spurs. I don't want to see another Miami-Dallas series.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 11:32 AM
I think the Lakers lost more. They were an almost unbeatable team, and Shaq left. Pistons don't epend too much on 1 guy so the blow wasn't as hard as the Lakers.

I think Ben is living off the Pistons right now. Sure he was great without Tay and Sheed, but now he's older and isn't as athletic. Tay and Sheed to me are some of the best froncourt partners a guy can ask for. Ben is going to regret leaving, and I'd feel much better if the Pistons creamed the Bulls.

Unless Ben was such a big liability on offense or unlesss Joe D. makes a move to make us big time threats again go win the Finals Spurs. I don't want to see another Miami-Dallas series.

I agree with you.

shaggy17
07-14-2006, 04:41 PM

Pistons have a shitty bench outside of Dice,a shitty coach who sucks ass and is part to blame for big ben bolting,and dealt darko who will do well in orlando. If Flip stays in Detroit things will only get worse especially with Sheed on the team. The Lakers are slowly coming back. Kwame and Odom finished on a good note last year and they got Vlad to help spread out the D. Bynum will get some good minutes off the bench and Turiaf is gonna bring energy and hustle for them as well. They also have expiring contracts (Mihm and Mckie) to land another decent pg if needed. The lakers dont suck for very long and the fact that they nearly made it to round 2 in their 2nd year of the post shaq era is impressive. Hell last year they didnt have a system/stable coaching,kobe sprained his ankle which didnt help the Lakers,it was their first year without shaq and many other core guys who won them 3 titles and they competed till early april in making the playoffs. Their situation could be so much worse and now they are already back as a playoff team who can be a threat to make it to the semis once again. This past year i felt was a learning experience for everyone including Kobes 1st as the leader of the team. Kobe IMO is going to keep improving as a leader and his determination and mindset convince me of that. 14 titles isnt bullshit for the greatest NBA team ever and one of the best professional sports team of all time. The Lakers dont suck and rebuild for a long time and their past tradition has shown why. Not to mention they will have almost everyone back from last year and they will be more comfortable in the triangle. If Odom and Kwame keep up their solid play and continue to gel with Kobe and company along with Bynum rising...this team isnt very far from being a serious threat in the west again.