View Full Version : NBA championship odds per the Bellagio's line

DFW Spurs
07-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Here's the Bellagio's line on the '07 NBA championship, as of July 10 courtesy of Yahoo sports:

Mavs (4:1), Heat (5:1), Spurs (5:1), Suns (6:1), Pistons (7:1), Cavs (12:1), Bulls (12:1), Nets (15:1), Rockets (20:1), Nuggets (20:1), Clippers (20:1); Kings (25:1), Pacers (25:1), Lakers (25:1), Grizzlies (30:1), Wizards (35:1), 76ers (35:1), Magic (40:1), Bucks (40:1), Celtics (40:1), Jazz (50:1), T'wolves (50:1), Hornets (60:1), Sonics (60:1), Warriors (75:1), Bobcats (75:1), Hawks (100:1), Raptors (150:1), Knicks (150:1), Blazers (300:1).

CavsFan89
07-14-2006, 01:28 PM
They will change before the start of next year.

pache100
07-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Mavs (4:1)

:lol

Shank
07-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Spurs (5:1),

Leetonidas
07-14-2006, 02:44 PM

CavsFan89
07-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Blazers (300:1)

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 02:54 PM

texlawman
07-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Best odds is probably Chicago at 12 to 1, though they are not ready yet. How sad it must be to be worse than the Knicks Jailblazers.

LEONARD
07-14-2006, 03:07 PM
WHO CARES!!

I'm sure you would've laughed also if I would've said 1 yr ago that the Mavs would beat the Spurs in the 2nd round... :lol

Why shouldn't the Mavs be a favorite? Went to the finals...lost nothing yet (maybe DA, Griffin) but added several others already...have finals experience now...Cuban might chill out some next year...etc etc

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Blazers(300:1)
Knicks(150:1)

They will not make it the playoffs nexy year. :lol

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 03:13 PM
With Wallace' departure and no bench, I'm surprised that the Pistons are rated at 7:1 odds and are better than those of the Bulls and Cavs.

Like others have stated, these will definitely be revised before the start of the regular season.

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Cuban might chill out some next year...etc etc

I'll take the odds that he doesn't!

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 03:17 PM
With Wallace' departure and no bench, I'm surprised that the Pistons are rated at 7:1 odds and are better than those of the Bulls and Cavs.

Like others have stated, these will definitely be revised before the start of the rgular season.

The Bulls is not a contender and they will make it to the first-round-of the playoffs and will lose in the first found of the playoffs.

Vizzini
07-14-2006, 03:25 PM
The Bulls is not a contender and they will make it to the first-round-of the playoffs and will lose in the first found of the playoffs.

I think the Bulls is going to be a awesome team. They is anchored by the-fourth-time-winning-defensive-player-of-the-year, and is the arguably winners of the free-agent-summer. The Pistons is not going to be (7:1) favorites by end of training camp. Look for them is to be at (12:1)

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 03:28 PM
I think the Bulls is going to be a awesome team. They is anchored by the-fourth-time-winning-defensive-player-of-the-year, and is the arguably winners of the free-agent-summer. The Pistons is not going to be (7:1) favorites by end of training camp. Look for them is to be at (12:1)

The Bulls will be in the five,six,seven,or the eight seed next year.

Shank
07-14-2006, 03:29 PM

Stop fucking posting.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Stop fucking posting.

:rolleyes

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 03:32 PM

Out of curiosity? Why don't you consider the Bulls to be contenders, or at worst, be a top four team in the East?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Shank
07-14-2006, 03:32 PM
You sure you want to see that?

Check it. So do I.

Vizzini
07-14-2006, 03:33 PM
The Bulls will be in the five,six,seven,or the eight seed next year.

I think the Bulls is better than that. The Cavs is one injuries away from the win of the draft lottery, and the Pistons need to proves to the rest of NBA that they is a uptempo team. I not saying Bulls is going to win division, but they is good enough to get four seed by beat up other weak East teams.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Out of curiosity? Why don't you consider the Bulls to be contenders, or at worst, be a top four team in the East?

Enquiring minds want to know!

The Bulls will be the fourth seed next year.The Bulls are a young team.

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 03:36 PM
You sure you want to see that?

Check it. So do I.

As a matter of fact I do.

I'm curious as to whether she can type more than one sentence or refrain from hiding behind an emoticon in a post.

What kind of odds are you taking that she can't? More than the 300:1 odds the Blazers are facing?

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 03:40 PM
The Bulls will be the fourth seed next year.The Bulls are a young team.

But, you stated in a previous post that they would be no better than fifth.

What changed your mind?

Vizzini
07-14-2006, 03:41 PM
She is super best poster on entire webs site. Her is the best at breakdown of entire NBA and her know hows to make goods prediction for upcomings seasons. Her best by so big. Her is a awesome.
As a matter of fact I do.

I'm curious as to whether she can type more than one sentence or refrain from hiding behind an emoticon in a post.

What kind of odds are you taking that she can't? More than the 300:1 odds the Blazers are facing?

Shank
07-14-2006, 03:42 PM

What changed your mind?

Smoking a big, fat crack rock.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 03:47 PM
I think the Bulls is better than that. The Cavs is one injuries away from the win of the draft lottery, and the Pistons need to proves to the rest of NBA that they is a uptempo team. I not saying Bulls is going to win division, but they is good enough to get four seed by beat up other weak East teams.

I think that the Pistons or the Cavaliers will their divison next year.The Bulls can beat the Knicks,Raptors,Hawks,Bobcats,Magic,Net,Sixers,and Celtics.The Knicks,Raptors,Hawks,Bobcats,Magic,Net,Sixers,and Celtics are the weak other teams in the East.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 03:48 PM

What changed your mind?

I changed my mind cause the Bulls have Ben Wallace.

Shank
07-14-2006, 03:48 PM
I think that the Pistons or the Cavaliers will their divison next year.The Bulls can beat the Knicks,Raptors,Hawks,Bobcats,Magic,Net,Sixers,and Celtics.The Knicks,Raptors,Hawks,Bobcats,Magic,Net,Sixers,and Celtics are the weak other teams in the East.

Red Auerbach's head just exploded.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 03:49 PM
She is super best poster on entire webs site. Her is the best at breakdown of entire NBA and her know hows to make goods prediction for upcomings seasons. Her best by so big. Her is a awesome.

Thank You!

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 03:50 PM

Shut up!Get a life!

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 03:52 PM

What if the Celtics get Allen Iverson? Does that make them instant contenders? Are they better than the Bulls then?

Shank
Shut up!Get a life!

You're right. I should spend more time breaking down the Eastern Conference with my vast knowledge of the game of basketball but it seems that job has already been taken by a shoeless crackwhore.

METALMiKE
I love awmyplace :lmao

NBA Junkie

:lol So did mine!

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 04:09 PM
What if the Celtics get Allen Iverson? Does that make them instant contenders? Are they better than the Bulls then?

Yes If the Celtics get Allen Iverson and they will contenders.Yes I think they are better than the Bulls.I think the Celtics will will be 7th in the seed and I think that the Cavs will be 6 in the seed.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 04:10 PM
You're right. I should spend more time breaking down the Eastern Conference with my vast knowledge of the game of basketball but it seems that job has already been taken by a shoeless crackwhore.

Finally you agree with me. :rolleyes

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 04:10 PM
I love awmyplace :lmao

Thanks!

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Yes If the Celtics get Allen Iverson and they will contenders.Yes I think they are better than the Bulls.I think the Celtics will will be 7th in the seed and I think that the Cavs will be 6 in the seed.

If you think the Sixers will be the #7 seed and the Bulls will be the #4 seed, then how do you figure the Sixers are better than the Bulls?

I gotta go for a walk. My head is starting to hurt.

Shank
07-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Yes, if Boston gets Iverson they'll get a bump in the standings. Awmyplace - what happens if Philly manages to get Iverson in a trade? Will they improve?

nkdlunch
07-14-2006, 04:17 PM
They will change before the start of next year.

thanks for the heads up man. I was gonna bet my house today

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Yes, if Boston gets Iverson they'll get a bump in the standings. Awmyplace - what happens if Philly manages to get Iverson in a trade? Will they improve?

The Sixers need to restart over and rebuild the team again.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 04:24 PM
If you think the Sixers will be the #7 seed and the Bulls will be the #4 seed, then how do you figure the Sixers are better than the Bulls?

I gotta go for a walk. My head is starting to hurt.

I think that the Sixers will be the eight seed next year.

Shank
07-14-2006, 04:26 PM
I think that the Sixers will be the eight seed next year.

But what if Philly can pull a trade and ship AI to the Sixers for Iverson? Wouldn't that get them better than the #8 seed?

kingsfan
07-14-2006, 04:27 PM
So awmyplace, you are so knowledgablehttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif I'd like to know where you think the Wizs will be.

kingsfan
07-14-2006, 04:27 PM
But what if Philly can pull a trade and ship AI to the Sixers for Iverson? Wouldn't that get them better than the #8 seed?http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 04:30 PM
So awmyplace, you are so knowledgablehttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif I'd like to know where you think the Wizs will be.

I think the Wizards will be the 5th seed next year.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 04:32 PM
But what if Philly can pull a trade and ship AI to the Sixers for Iverson? Wouldn't that get them better than the #8 seed?

I think that the Sixers needs to restart over and rebuild the team over again.

Shank
07-14-2006, 04:32 PM
I think that the Sixers needs to restart over and rebuild the team over again.

But would you make that trade if you were the Sixers?

Shank
07-14-2006, 04:33 PM
What a fucking waste of my 1000th post.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 04:36 PM
But would you make that trade if you were the Sixers?

Yes I would make a trade if I were the Sixers.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 04:37 PM
What a fucking waste of my 1000th post.

Because you like replying to my posts.

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 04:39 PM
If you think the Celtics will be the #7 seed and the Bulls will be the #4 seed, then how do you figure the Celtics are better than the Bulls?

That's what I meant to say.

So are the Celtics better than the Bulls if Boston is #7 and Chicago is #4?

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 04:42 PM
It's obviously clear to me that awmyplace is faking it and is screwing with our minds.

Damn, she's already messed with mine. :depressed

kingsfan
07-14-2006, 04:43 PM
awmyplace, what about in the West? Do you think the Kings can win the southwest division?

kingsfan
07-14-2006, 04:44 PM
I think the Wizards will be the 5th seed next year.Oh Okay! exactly

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 04:44 PM
That's what I meant to say.

So are the Celtics better than the Bulls if Boston is #7 and Chicago is #4?

Thats a hard question.

Shank
07-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Yes I would make a trade if I were the Sixers.

And that does it right there. She's a fucking idiot. She would have the Sixers make the trade with Philly to swap AI for Iverson.

kingsfan
07-14-2006, 04:47 PM
Thats a hard question.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lmao.gif
I gotta stop reading this before I hurt myself laughing.

kingsfan
07-14-2006, 04:49 PM
awmyplace, what about in the West? Do you think the Kings can win the southwest division?You're not going to answer my question?http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif I'm dying to know your opinionhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/wakeup.gif

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 04:57 PM
awmyplace, what about in the West? Do you think the Kings can win the southwest division?

The Spurs will be the first seed next year.The Kings is in the Pacific divison.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 05:50 PM

Enquiring minds want to know!I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with awmyretardplace. Sure the Bulls will be better, but to say they are going to be contenders is quite a stretch.

In case anyone forgot, Ben Wallace has no offensive game what so ever. His weaknesses were hidden by the offensive force of his other four teammates. Do you guys really think the Bulls Deng, Nocioni, Gordon, Heinrich are going to be able to cover Ben's ass? I sure don't.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 05:52 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with awmyretardplace. Sure the Bulls will be better, but to say they are going to be contenders is quite a stretch.

In case anyone forgot, Ben Wallace has no offensive game what so ever. His weaknesses were hidden by the offensive force of his other four teammates. Do you guys really think the Bulls Deng, Nocioni, Gordon, Heinrich are going to be able to cover Ben's ass? I sure don't.

I agree with you.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 05:55 PM
I agree with you.
No you dumbfuck, I was agreeing with you.

And no need for you to reply, I'll do it for you.

Oh Ok!

Kori Ellis
07-14-2006, 05:56 PM
http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=83063&tid=25

http://www.bettingexpress.com/sports_lines/futures/524.html

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 06:00 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with awmyretardplace. Sure the Bulls will be better, but to say they are going to be contenders is quite a stretch.

I agree with everything you write. In fact, I've stated ad nauseum in other threads that the Bulls lack of a go-to-guy will be their downfall.

They are contenders- all playoff teams are. They're NOT championship contenders.

Besides, I wanted to get Awmyplace' expert analysis as to why she didn't believe the Bulls were contenders. Do we or do we not hang on her every word?

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 06:01 PM
No you dumbfuck, I was agreeing with you.

And no need for you to reply, I'll do it for you.

Finally you agree with me!

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 06:03 PM
I agree with everything you write. In fact, I've stated ad nauseum in other threads that the Bulls lack of a go-to-guy will be their downfall.

They are contenders- all playoff teams are. They're NOT championship contenders.

Besides, I wanted to get Awmyplace' expert analysis as to why she didn't believe the Bulls were contenders. Do we or do we not hang on her every word?

They Bulls are contenders.The Bulls are not the same when Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen was playing for the Bulls.

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 06:06 PM
They Bulls are contenders.The Bulls are not the same when Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen was playing for the Bulls.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

You never cease to amaze!

TheSanityAnnex

Gotcha. Contenders yes. Championship contenders no. Their lineup looks very, very solid...........but there is no way they make any sort of run at the title this year. I really didn't like the Wallace pickup for them. He's only got about two to three years left of good quality production........then they are stuck with that nasty ass contract. And who is going to have his back now, he has no Rasheed on D. Is Wallace that much better than Chandler???

TheSanityAnnex
Finally you agree with me!First and last sweety.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 06:08 PM
First and last sweety.

Thanks!

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Gotcha. Contenders yes. Championship contenders no. Their lineup looks very, very solid...........but there is no way they make any sort of run at the title this year. I really didn't like the Wallace pickup for them. He's only got about two to three years left of good quality production........then they are stuck with that nasty ass contract. And who is going to have his back now, he has no Rasheed on D. Is Wallace that much better than Chandler???

Chandler was recently traded to New Orleans for JR Smith and PJ Brown.

Brown is a better defender than 'Sheed, but like Wallace, won't provide the Bulls with any scoring punch up front.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Chandler was recently traded to New Orleans for JR Smith and PJ Brown.

Brown is a better defender than 'Sheed, but like Wallace, won't provide the Bulls with any scoring punch up front.
Haven't seen much of PJ Brown but I'll take your word for it. Sheed seemed like a great help defender, which allowed Ben to roam, does PJ follow suit?

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 07:05 PM
He's OK at helping out, but is more of a one-on-one defender. He's not a great shot blocker, but doesn't have to be when Ben Wallace is in the line-up.

He's got a good mid-range jumper if he's left open, but Rasheed is the better all-around perimeter shooter in terms of range and can provide inside scoring when he feels like it. Brown is the better offensive rebounder, but that's not surprising since 'Sheed spends a lot of time on the perimeter. They're equal in terms of passing ability and defensive rebounding.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Wow heat 5-1 they should be 8-1 or more no way the win the east next year fluke team.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm putting some cash down on my Kings for two reasons......................1. I'm a homer. 2. 25-1 odds are pretty fucking good considering how much better they will be after a full training camp together.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-14-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm putting some cash down on my Kings for two reasons......................1. I'm a homer. 2. 25-1 odds are pretty fucking good considering how much better they will be after a full training camp together.

Don't waste your time that's the biggest sucker bet in sports. Don't ever bet futures.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Don't waste your time that's the biggest sucker bet in sports. Don't ever bet futures.

Go spend some time with your wife and kids!You dumb Pistons fan!

rockets
07-14-2006, 08:27 PM
awmyplace = hahahahaah

Vinnie_Johnson
07-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Go spend some time with your wife and kids!You dumb Pistons fan!

Thanks dumb girl I will.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks dumb girl I will.

Stop call me a dumb girl!

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 08:31 PM
awmyplace = hahahahaah

rockets=hahahahaah

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Don't waste your time that's the biggest sucker bet in sports. Don't ever bet futures.100 bucks down at the beginning of the season on those odds will be money well spent. I can watch every game and hope for a win for less than a dollar a game . Seems like money well spent. If someone asked you to bet $1 for every game of your favorite team for the chance to win a few grand, you would decline?

Vinnie_Johnson
07-14-2006, 08:55 PM
100 bucks down at the beginning of the season on those odds will be money well spent. I can watch every game and hope for a win for less than a dollar a game . Seems like money well spent. If someone asked you to bet $1 for every game of your favorite team for the chance to win a few grand, you would decline?

Put that money on the NBA pass you will enjoy that much more IMO.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-14-2006, 08:56 PM
Stop call me a dumb girl!

You are what you are sorry.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Put that money on the NBA pass you will enjoy that much more IMO.
This gives me a chance to win back what I will be spending on league pass. Anyways........its only 100 bucks. I wager more on the golf course.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 09:11 PM
You are what you are sorry.

I'm not sorry.

Obstructed_View
07-14-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm sure you would've laughed also if I would've said 1 yr ago that the Mavs would beat the Spurs in the 2nd round... :lol
If you'd posted up on this site the day after the Sacramento series ended that Nazr and Rasho would get one minute of PT in the last five games against the Mavs you would have been ridiculed and called names.

mffl89
07-15-2006, 12:26 AM
awmyplace reminds me of one of those internet bots that just reply u with nonsense

Quadzilla99
07-15-2006, 07:22 AM
The Mavs the favorites? After the way they completely fucking choked? Good luck.

Shank
07-15-2006, 08:35 AM
The Mavs the favorites? After the way they completely fucking choked? Good luck.

Yep. Even after all that Vegas still recognizes that they're better than the Spurs. What an utterly crazy, mixed-up world.

awmyplace
07-15-2006, 10:38 AM
awmyplace reminds me of one of those internet bots that just reply u with nonsense

Go to the Mavs board!

The Genius
07-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Go to the Mavs board!
Stop jacking threads and go back to the Heat Board you ignorant Darwin Award.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Stop jacking threads and go back to the Heat Board you ignorant Darwin Award.

How she has lived this long is just shocking.

spurschick
07-15-2006, 04:10 PM
nba.com has a poll of who you think is going to win the 2007 championship, choices being Miami, Phoenix, Dallas, Detroit and Other. Other is in the lead. :lol

mabber
07-15-2006, 05:08 PM

Like others have stated, these will definitely be revised before the start of the regular season.

Yeah, this is what stood out to me. Pistons odds will adjust due to know one betting on them at 7:1

mabber
07-15-2006, 05:19 PM
http://www.covers.com/articles/articles.aspx?theArt=83063&tid=25

http://www.bettingexpress.com/sports_lines/futures/524.html

As a long time degenerate gambler, I'm inclined to think(I haven't checked yet though as I don't bet futures very often) that most of the major books will be more in line with the Bellagio than your two examples. Bellagio lines are the same as the Mirage (same company) I believe. Regardless, we'll know what the big time gamblers think by what the odds are in a couple of months.

Obstructed_View
07-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Yep. Even after all that Vegas still recognizes that they're better than the Spurs. What an utterly crazy, mixed-up world.
Lines are determined by people placing the bets. Vegas doesn't give a shit who's better.

Shank
07-16-2006, 02:50 AM
So how do they determine the lines for futures? Pick names out of a hat? The opening lines had to have come from someone that looked at the 05-06 season and looked ahead to how 06-07 is shaping up. They might not "give a shit", but it's certainly a factor in setting the lines.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Okay, the Mavericks Rule. Yay for you.

Shank
07-16-2006, 12:40 PM
How typical of you.