PDA

View Full Version : Don't sleep on the Chargers

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 06:02 PM
P.Rivers and company are going to wreck shop. The #1 rush defense will be back along with a much better secondary. Good luck to all of their opponents. And to the Manning brothers...................both of your asses will be handed to you once again.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/LT.jpg

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 06:20 PM
The Chargers are an enigmatic team. Last season they showed the league they could beat the best teams in the league by handing the Colts their first loss in Indy. They also showed that they could play down to the level of their competition as losses to the Dolphins and Coboys at home would attest.

They were definitely one of the NFL's hard luck teams as their first 5 losses were suffered by a grand total of 13 points.

LT, IMO, is the best back in football. The defense is above average, but inconsistent. Phillip Rivers is now getting the keys to the car and must prove that he is worthy of being the high 1st round pick he was in 2003. For the sake of Charger fans everywhere, they better hope that they don't have another Ryan Leaf on their hands.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Last year was a very confusing year for me as a Charger fan. One week they look unbeatable, the next week, they played like the Raiders.

I blame the loss to Dallas on management's decision to suspend Antonio Gates. Fucking morons. The loss to Miami was the Chargers thinking they could coast through that game and were probably looking ahead to the Colts.

The one loss that sticks in my head was the loss to Philly. I've never felt so fucking depressed after a loss of that nature. Of all the things that could go wrong in the final minutes of the game, all of them went wrong. I mean, how often do you see a kick blocked and returned for a touchdown.

I have a lot of confidence in Rivers. A lot of people are talking shit saying he is just a rookie. True, he's taken limited snaps as a pro, but he has been on the sidelines for two years studying the offense he will now run. The experience he's gained from watching Brees up close should be of tremendous value. Rivers seems like he's ready to take the helm................and the rest of the NFL will get to see what he is made of on the first MNF game @ Oakland.

Billy Cobham
07-14-2006, 08:03 PM
The Chargers will be very good as long as Rivers is prepared. Shaun Alexander > LT though.

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 08:12 PM
I'll take Tomlinson over Alexander because of his versatility. Not his fault the Chargers stopped throwing to him after his 100 reception season in '03.

mcornelio
07-14-2006, 08:27 PM
well i had the first pick in my fantasy draft and i took lt.... best back in football period....

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 08:36 PM
The Chargers will be very good as long as Rivers is prepared. Shaun Alexander > LT though.
LT with Seahawks O-line >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shaun Alexander with Seahawks O-line.

Without a doubt.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 08:40 PM
The Chargers will be very good as long as Rivers is prepared.
I do agree with this. Rivers has had plenty of time to prepare. I would want starting for the Chargers over any quarterback in the draft this year. He knows that offense, and he has experienced the NFL. 2 years on the sidelines is a lot of learning, and Rivers has a very high QB iq. People seem to forget how high he was drafted.

I still can't believe the Chargers snagged Rivers and Merriman in the first round. And now Cromartie? He could pan out to be the next Law/Bailey.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Lights Out.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/136.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 09:34 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=103899

Chargers: What can we expect from Rivers?
June 27, 2006

Talking to coach Marty Schottenheimer a couple weeks ago for a training camp story, I once again realized how much confidence they have in Rivers. The Chargers have liked what their third-year QB has done so far in preseason preparations. They've liked what he can do for a long time, back to when Schottenheimer's coaching staff became enamored of Rivers at the 2004 Senior Bowl.

Comparisons have been drawn to Bernie Kosar, another former college superstar with a funky delivery who had great success for Schottenheimer's Browns. Rivers also has much of the same gunslinging attitude needed to succeed as an NFL quarterback.

In addition, Rivers has the league's best tight end, Antonio Gates, and the league's best running back, LaDainian Tomlinson, to help him out right away. A big, reliable intermediate target and an explosive rushing attack are a young quarterback's two best friends.

Another move the Chargers made was locking up long-term the man who will hand Rivers the ball, center Nick Hardwick. A healthy return from veteran left tackle Roman Oben would be a big boost up front.
Then there's yet another veteran, wide receiver Keenan McCardell, who has worked well with a few different QBs over his 15 years and continues to defy his age at 36 -- he had a career-high nine TDs in '05.
Here's another example of smartly bringing along a young QB to fit into an offense where there's a good support system in place, and not forcing him to carry the entire offense too early. The patience will pay off in an offense that can continue to do the same things it did under Brees: Go Martyball with Tomlinson and extend linebackers and safeties with Gates.
Will Rivers be as efficient as Brees at not making mistakes? Probably not, but that just comes with being a first-year starter. Will Rivers execute more big plays than Brees? Probably yes, after all the waiting and learning, expect some confidence in unleashing his arm. Through ups and downs, Rivers is in an ideal situation, considering his inexperience. He'll keep the offense producing, showing a glimpse of how good he can be when he is experienced.
================================================== ========

SA Gunslinger
07-14-2006, 09:46 PM

Hell no. LT is tough minded and finishes off runs better than Alexander.

LT is the best in the league, period.

Rivers will have a good season because he has LT as a crutch. I expect a special season from the Chargers. They do need to stay relatively healthy and pray that Marty doesn't screw it up.

TheSanityAnnex
07-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Next to LT, I think LJ from the Chiefs is the next best back. He is probably a better runner than L.T. right now because of his line, but L.T. is more versatile. Shit........L.T. ran, caught, and threw a TD in the same game. L.T. is the shit.

RealEstateDude
07-16-2006, 04:42 PM
Rivers has to prove himself 1st not to mention stay healthy.

Quadzilla99
07-16-2006, 04:48 PM
I will be sleeping on them like a baby. Rivers is basically a rookie.

TheSanityAnnex
07-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Again.........I would still take Rivers over Leinart/Young. The experience he's gained is very valueable.

NBA Junkie
07-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Again.........I would still take Rivers over Leinart/Young. The experience he's gained is very valueable.

Yep. Daunte Culpepper sat his rookie season in Minnesota and was very effective as a sophomore.

Brad Johnson is the best example I can give as he sat out nearly 3 seasons before getting a chance and playing effectively. And, his raw talent is nowhere close to what Rivers has.

TheSanityAnnex
07-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Yep. Daunte Culpepper sat his rookie season in Minnesota and was very effective as a sophomore.

Brad Johnson is the best example I can give as he sat out nearly 3 seasons before getting a chance and playing effectively. And, his raw talent is nowhere close to what Rivers has.
Worked out pretty well for Carson Palmer as well.

The offense should be able to spread the field more this year because of Rivers' height. He will be able to throw across the middle on short slants to Gates all day long. Brees could not do this because he couldn't even see over his lineman. I think Rivers has like 6 inches on him.

TheSanityAnnex
07-16-2006, 05:39 PM

Another reason I'd take Rivers over Leinart/Young is because this Charger team is built to win now. Its taken a while, but this team is almost solid 3 deep at every position. If this were a team not contending, sure, I'd take Young and let him learn the ropes, but the window of opportunity for this team is now. Rivers will have his chance to shine.

NBA Junkie
07-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Worked out pretty well for Carson Palmer as well.

The offense should be able to spread the field more this year because of Rivers' height. He will be able to throw across the middle on short slants to Gates all day long. Brees could not do this because he couldn't even see over his lineman. I think Rivers has like 6 inches on him.

One thing I'd like to see the Chargers do is utilize LT's ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. It's something the Chargers have gotten away from the last couple years and it would help them effectively move the chains as they would be facing less second-third and long situations. LT is a damn good versatile RB. Take advantage of it.

Do the Chargers plan on playing a west coast offense this year with Rivers at the helm? They are certainly built this way offensively to play this style as Antonio Gates is their best receiving option at TE.

Any word on whether Carson Palmer is ready for training camp? I haven't followed the NFL offseason news other than free agent moves so I'm in the dark on that.

TheSanityAnnex
07-16-2006, 06:24 PM
One thing I'd like to see the Chargers do is utilize LT's ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. It's something the Chargers have gotten away from the last couple years and it would help them effectively move the chains as they would be facing less second-third and long situations. LT is a damn good versatile RB. Take advantage of it.

Do the Chargers plan on playing a west coast offense this year with Rivers at the helm? They are certainly built this way offensively to play this style as Antonio Gates is their best receiving option at TE.

Any word on whether Carson Palmer is ready for training camp? I haven't followed the NFL offseason news other than free agent moves so I'm in the dark on that.
They have strayed from throwing to L.T. these last two years. Didn't he have something like 100 receptions three years ago? And you are right, they do need to throw to him more. Once he is in the open field, the dude is amazing.

I heard Carson Palmer's recovery is going well, and he should be able to play in the first game, if what I've heard is right.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2006, 07:47 PM
People seem to forget how high he was drafted.
I guarantee you nobody in San Diego has forgotten how high he was drafted. He'd better produce, and that right soon. For all the reasons you've mentioned he has very little excuse for failure.

TheSanityAnnex
07-17-2006, 05:55 PM
I guarantee you nobody in San Diego has forgotten how high he was drafted. He'd better produce, and that right soon. For all the reasons you've mentioned he has very little excuse for failure.
They'll have a little comfort knowing that Merriman was also part of that trade package. Dude is a beast.

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-18-2006, 01:13 PM
"Lights Out" is a monster.
He'll be going to Hawaii for many years to come.

TheSanityAnnex
07-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Eli Manning for Phillip Rivers and Shawne Merriman :lmao

T Park
07-19-2006, 12:14 PM
Well Eli has shown more in games played than Rivers.

TheSanityAnnex
07-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Well Eli has shown more in games played than Rivers.
He has shown he has the same choking characteristics as his brother. And Eli would not have started over Drew Brees. What the fuck is your point?

samikeyp
07-19-2006, 04:49 PM
LT is the best in the league, period.

I would agree. IMO, so is Gates.

degenerate_gambler
07-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Good team this year?? They should be.

But...let's not forget who coaches them.

johnsmith
07-20-2006, 09:46 AM
Good team this year?? They should be.

But...let's not forget who coaches them.

Best point made in this discussion so far. As a Broncos fan I've watched Marty destroyed by terrible last minute coaching decisions for pretty much his entire career. I don't know why, but the Broncos are so deep in that guys head he just seems to choke every time he plays them. Furthermore, LT is by far and away the best back in the league. Alexander is amazing but no one can do the things LT can, plus he talks a lot of shit during the game and that cracks me up.

DFW Spurs
07-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Should of kept Drew as your QB. Rivers has done nothing in the NFL. Please wake me up when the chargers get a better QB. :sleep

leemajors
07-20-2006, 10:49 AM
They have strayed from throwing to L.T. these last two years. Didn't he have something like 100 receptions three years ago? And you are right, they do need to throw to him more. Once he is in the open field, the dude is amazing.

I heard Carson Palmer's recovery is going well, and he should be able to play in the first game, if what I've heard is right.

i have one word for you, and why you should probably not count on the chargers going to the super bowl: MARTYBALL.

TheSanityAnnex
07-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Should of kept Drew as your QB. Rivers has done nothing in the NFL. Please wake me up when the chargers get a better QB. :sleep
Hmmmmmm....................keep a guy and pay him 10 million when his shoulder is still a question? No thanks. I'll take my chances with Rivers.

TheSanityAnnex
07-20-2006, 04:54 PM
i have one word for you, and why you should probably not count on the chargers going to the super bowl: MARTYBALL.
I actually just saw a special on "Martyball". It should be called "Martynoballs". Marty made a good point though: He may have a shitty postseason record, but at least he has a postseason record.

degenerate_gambler
07-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Hmmmmmm....................keep a guy and pay him 10 million when his shoulder is still a question? No thanks. I'll take my chances with Rivers.

It's time to see what he can do. SD did the right thing.

TheSanityAnnex
07-20-2006, 05:30 PM
It's time to see what he can do. SD did the right thing.I think so too. Only time will tell.

On the other hand..................
Brees shouldn't have even been playing in that last game against the Broncos. It was a meaningless game and there was no need for him to be taking snaps.

Slinkyman
07-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Chargers suck GO BRONCOS

Spicoli remember this from Week 2:
http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/albums/050918broncos/KCchargers238497x646.jpg

The Present:
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/2f/full.getty-71265580bb005_denver_bronco_6_24_53_pm.jpg

The Future:
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/17/full.getty-71265580bb014_denver_bronco_6_02_06_pm.jpg

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Hmmm, IMO, Rivers will have a very Losman-esque year.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Hmmm, IMO, Rivers will have a very Losman-esque year.
You are a Lions fan. Your opinion doesn't mean shit.

07-21-2006, 05:28 PM
You are a Lions fan. Your opinion doesn't mean shit.

Then I guess we don't have to worry about you talking about basketball, eh Kings fan?

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Then I guess we don't have to worry about you talking about basketball, eh Kings fan?Hmmmmm..........I seem to recall them making the playoffs the last 8 years. How those Lions doing?

G0D
07-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Last year was a very confusing year for me as a Charger fan. One week they look unbeatable, the next week, they played like the Raiders.

I blame the loss to Dallas on management's decision to suspend Antonio Gates. Fucking morons. The loss to Miami was the Chargers thinking they could coast through that game and were probably looking ahead to the Colts.

The one loss that sticks in my head was the loss to Philly. I've never felt so fucking depressed after a loss of that nature. Of all the things that could go wrong in the final minutes of the game, all of them went wrong. I mean, how often do you see a kick blocked and returned for a touchdown.

I have a lot of confidence in Rivers. A lot of people are talking shit saying he is just a rookie. True, he's taken limited snaps as a pro, but he has been on the sidelines for two years studying the offense he will now run. The experience he's gained from watching Brees up close should be of tremendous value. Rivers seems like he's ready to take the helm................and the rest of the NFL will get to see what he is made of on the first MNF game @ Oakland.

very idiotic decision. very idiotic.

i will send them to hell on Judgement Day for you

rockets
07-21-2006, 05:34 PM
i'll be the first one to admit it.

i thought Spicoli was some kind of goofball, but he actually has a lot of football knowledge

07-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Hmmmmm..........I seem to recall them making the playoffs the last 8 years. How those Lions doing?

Winning seasons mean jack shit. The ring is the thing. The Lions haven't won one in fifty years, and neither have the Kings.

BTW, you should know your own franchise before talking shit. The Royals/Kings last championship came in 1951. Why, they are just as pathetic as the Lions.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Winning seasons mean jack shit. The ring is the thing. The Lions haven't won one in fifty years, and neither have the Kings.

BTW, you should know your own franchise before talking shit. The Royals/Kings last championship came in 1951. Why, they are just as pathetic as the Lions.
I don't consider that a "Kings Championship", so what is your point. I know when the Royals won it, big fucking deal. You are the one who tried to compare football teams to basketball teams, not me.

You will die being a disgruntled Lions fan. Enjoy life.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2006, 05:48 PM
i'll be the first one to admit it.

i thought Spicoli was some kind of goofball, but he actually has a lot of football knowledge
Don't let the goofy picture and name fool ya. I used to post under another name but it was put on all-ignore.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2006, 05:49 PM
Disgruntled Lion-

Were you the dude that sold his fandom on Ebay? That was fucking genius.

07-21-2006, 05:52 PM
What does being a fan of one team have to do with your opinion on different aspects of the sport? According to that logic, we all should be looking to RedLion and Awmyplace for good NBA talk.

And I was just comparing pathetic franchises.

07-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Disgruntled Lion-

Were you the dude that sold his fandom on Ebay? That was fucking genius.

No, but that was pretty funny.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2006, 05:55 PM
And I was just comparing pathetic franchises.
Just seemed like you bitched out on ripping the Chargers and made a quick switch to the Kings.

Lets keep it football.

07-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Just seemed like you bitched out on ripping the Chargers and made a quick switch to the Kings.

Lets keep it football.

I wasn't ripping the Chargers. They had to play Rivers eventually. But, I don't like his delivery and he tends to float the ball.

Plus, I think asking McCardell to keep producing like a #1 WR at age 36 is a stretch. Eventually, he is going to slow down. But he does have LT and Gates. It all depends on what he is asked to do.

He may turn out to be a stud QB, but I think he starts out his career slowly.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2006, 06:05 PM
I wasn't ripping the Chargers. They had to play Rivers eventually. But, I don't like his delivery and he tends to float the ball.

Plus, I think asking McCardell to keep producing like a #1 WR at age 36 is a stretch. Eventually, he is going to slow down.

He may turn out to be a stud QB, but I think he starts out his career slowly.
McCardell is still surprising me at his age. He had one of his best years of his career last year. Don't ask me how.

Rivers won't be making as many stupid rookie mistakes for the simple fact he is a rookie.

The Chargers need a number one option at WR. McCardell is a great #2. I think Vincent Jackson will have a breakout year and become that #1 they need.

I really doubt Rivers starts his career slowly. He's got L.T. and Gates to fall back on. I predict he has a Rothlisburger type coming out.

07-21-2006, 06:08 PM
I guess we'll find out after September 7th, eh?

Watch out for the Lions, they could go 6-10 this year.

Fucking Lions...

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2006, 06:09 PM
September 11th actually.

Rivers gets to take his first start on Monday Night Football against the Raiders in Oakland. Talk about a no pressure game.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2006, 06:49 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/teams/afcw/sandiego_chargers.html

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/teams/nfcn/detroit_lions.html

Slinkyman
07-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Fans of 2 shitty teams fighting. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

G0D
07-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Fans of 2 shitty teams fighting. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

i wouldnt be so cocky. the broncos arent going to win the next superbowl until the year 2037, hopefully you'll be alive by then.

and dont try to argue, because i've known this for the last 2450000000000000000000000000000000000 years

Slinkyman
07-21-2006, 09:48 PM
i wouldnt be so cocky. the broncos arent going to win the next superbowl until the year 2037, hopefully you'll be alive by then.

and dont try to argue, because i've known this for the last 2450000000000000000000000000000000000 years

so you know when the broncos will win the next superbowl but you don't know if i'll be alive? i thought you knew everything!

G0D
07-21-2006, 10:25 PM
so you know when the broncos will win the next superbowl but you don't know if i'll be alive? i thought you knew everything!

i dont reveal these things you know that. its too scary for you guys

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Shoring up that secondary was a wise move.
Antonio Cromartie
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0607/gallery.afcwest/content.4.html
Marlon McCree
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0607/gallery.afcwest/content.7.html

TheSanityAnnex
07-22-2006, 11:07 PM
“His experience in this offense is so evident,” wide receiver Eric Parker said. “You’ve heard people say it a lot, but it’s so true. Even though he hasn’t played much, he’s not anything like a rookie. He’s not thinking like a rookie and trying to pick everything up at once. He already has an understanding of what we’re trying to do. When he fits a ball into tight coverage or hits one of us in stride, it makes you smile and get excited about what we can do. His personality is also huge. We just enjoy being around Philip.”

StylisticS
07-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Marty Schottenheimer is your head coach. And I will continue to say that until he shows he can win in big games. Until then, when it comes to conference championship games, the other team has the advantage.

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Marty Schottenheimer is your head coach. And I will continue to say that until he shows he can win in big games. Until then, when it comes to conference championship games, the other team has the advantage.
I agree. Marty needs to learn how to close out the big game. He's had his chances but has always resorted to Martyball.

leemajors
07-23-2006, 04:43 PM
who is eric parker?

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2006, 05:06 PM
who is eric parker?
Receiving Core Ranks

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5785564

5. San Diego

All talk about the Chargers' receiving corps rightfully begins with tight end Antonio Gates, but he is hardly a one-man unit. Keenan McCardell set a career high in touchdowns at the age of 35 and posted a season nearly as impressive as his career-best 2003 campaign. If you are still scratching your head after the Seattle comment, here's your answer: Chargers wideout Eric Parker caught 71 percent of passes thrown to him, leading the NFL's wide receivers in 2005 (minimum 50 targets). The Chargers have no proven third wide receiver: Second-year player Vincent Jackson and former 49er Rashaun Woods (who is coming off a major leg injury) will compete for the job. Nonetheless, Chargers WRs/TEs had more DPAR in 2005 than any other team

TheSanityAnnex
08-02-2006, 07:51 PM
Another quarterback's time to shine
By Jim Armstrong
Denver Post Staff Writer

"You could argue that whatever Philip Rivers lacks in experience, he more than makes up for in numbers.

Take his college days at North Carolina State, where he completed 72 percent of his passes as a senior to lead the nation. By the time he left campus, he had thrown for 13,484 yards, the second-highest total in NCAA Division I-A history. Oh, and did we mention he played in five bowl games - the Gator, Micron PC, Tangerine (twice) and Senior - and won the MVP award in every one?

While Rivers looms as one of the principal X factors in the AFC West, the Chargers are confident his two years in their system and the locker-room karma he has developed along the way will make for a relatively smooth transition to life without Drew Brees.

"The thing is, people outside don't see us in the locker room," Rivers said. "They don't see us in the meetings. They don't see us in the offseason throwing. All they see are Sunday afternoons out there on the field. I haven't been out there, so to them it feels like, 'Oh, this is a brand-new guy coming into the game.' It doesn't feel that way to me because, as a quarterback, you have to be one of the leaders on the team. "

TheSanityAnnex
08-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Locking down the Future

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the UT:

Under contract

The Chargers have 15 key players signed through at least 2009. The players:

Through 2009: DE Luis Castillo, LB Steve Foley, OT Marcus McNeill, LB Shawne Merriman, DT Igor Olshansky, WR Vincent Jackson.

Through 2010: CB Antonio Cromartie, TE Antonio Gates, WR Eric Parker, QB Philip Rivers, DT Jamal Williams

Through 2011: C Nick Hardwick, P Mike Scifres, RB LaDainian Tomlinson

Through 2012: CB Quentin Jammer

~~~~~~~~

Throughout the offseason, we had many posters sing the same mantra ...

"Why isn't AJ signing any (big name) free agents?"

Look at that list above. It includes nearly every important (ie impact player) on the Chargers roster. The Chargers front office has decided to take the direction of draft well, and keep your own players into their second contract.

Salary cap money is BEST spent by maintaining continuity, and not continually turning over a roster. I think the Chargers front office should be commended for following this course, as it will pay dividends for seasons to come.

If you consider the solid job AJ and company have done in the draft in recent years, then you can add at least 9 (not counting compensatory or trades) more first day picks to the 15 players who will be on the roster in 2009. That means over half of our roster in 2009 is the current stars and the future young draftees.

SD will lose some FA's. That is a natural progression of a team getting better. But, locking down the above players and hopefully a few more will give this team a competitve shot at going deep in the playoffs each and every year for the upcoming seasons.

stretch
08-10-2006, 07:00 PM
P.Rivers and company are going to wreck shop. The #1 rush defense will be back along with a much better secondary. Good luck to all of their opponents. And to the Manning brothers...................both of your asses will be handed to you once again.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/LT.jpg

they have a solid team, but i dont know if Rivers is going to be able to do anything yet. he seems like he has talent, but hes still basically a rookie. and that secondary still was not very good or consistent last year. i think this year's success, again, depends on Tomlinson. i feel bad for the guy, and that he always has to singlehandedly carry this team, and finally, the past couple years, he had some help around him, but now it looks like everything is back on his shoulders again. he definitley is the best running back in the NFL today, and could go down as one of the top 5, maybe top 3 of all time. i really cant find any real flaws in him. he does everything so well.

TheSanityAnnex
08-10-2006, 08:10 PM
they have a solid team, but i dont know if Rivers is going to be able to do anything yet. he seems like he has talent, but hes still basically a rookie. and that secondary still was not very good or consistent last year. i think this year's success, again, depends on Tomlinson. i feel bad for the guy, and that he always has to singlehandedly carry this team, and finally, the past couple years, he had some help around him, but now it looks like everything is back on his shoulders again. he definitley is the best running back in the NFL today, and could go down as one of the top 5, maybe top 3 of all time. i really cant find any real flaws in him. he does everything so well.

Eh............Rivers should do fine, or so I hope.

Tomlinson should be used more this year, along with Michael Turner. I expect to see Turner get many more touches and give LT some rest. Turner would be a starter on many other teams.

stretch
08-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Eh............Rivers should do fine, or so I hope.

Tomlinson should be used more this year, along with Michael Turner. I expect to see Turner get many more touches and give LT some rest. Turner would be a starter on many other teams.

yea, it will be interesting.

you know, this is going to be one of the most interesting NFL seasons ever. almost any team can be very dangerous, and there are so many interesting stories. T.O. of course keeps things fun between the Cowboys and Eagles. There is the ever growing rivalry between Indy and New England, with Vinateri going to Indy. Who knows what the hell will happen in just about every division in football because just about anyone can win their division, or get a wild card (other than the Texans, 49ers, and Browns who will likely suck). Everyone of course will wonder how Vince Young, Reggie Bush, and Matt Leinart will do. How will Brett Favre do in what will likely be his last year? Is this the year Michael Vick breaks out? Will Daunte Culpepper regain his former status as an elite QB after such a bad injury? Will Baltimore get back to elite status with the addition of Steve McNair? And many more intriguing teams and stories. Its going to be a great year. I just hope that we have a better Superbowl and better representatives than we did last year. It sucked to me.

TheSanityAnnex
08-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Check out this picture of Antonio Cromartie. He's got some hops!!!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/cromartie.jpg

TheSanityAnnex
08-18-2006, 11:06 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9606854

By Adam Schefter
NFL Analyst

Adam Schefter's "Around the League" reports and commentaries can be seen regularly on NFL Total Access.

(Aug. 17, 2006)

ATTENTION AFC

When Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers looked like a veteran in this season's preseason debut, completing 15 of 21 passes for 169 yards, the rest of the AFC should have grown very leery.

If Rivers continues playing with the precision, presence and skill he demonstrated -- and San Diego plays at Chicago on Friday night -- then the Chargers should be considered one of the favorites to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

The Chargers roster is loaded. It has football's best running back, best tight end, best young defensive player, and one of the league's toughest front sevens.

If it gets solid play out of its quarterback, San Diego could wind up in Miami, site of February's Super Bowl.

Fillmoe
08-18-2006, 11:35 AM
chargers aint gonna be shit....... spicoli is on that crack!

TheSanityAnnex
08-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Aren't you a Niner fan? :lmao

Fillmoe
08-18-2006, 11:42 AM
yes i am........

http://davis333.tripod.com/sb-sf16.jpg
http://davis333.tripod.com/sb-sf19.jpg
http://davis333.tripod.com/sb-sf24.jpg
http://davis333.tripod.com/sb-sf29.jpg
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/features/rings/4/ring11.jpg

what the chargers got to show for?

TheSanityAnnex
08-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Those are nice.....................

and old.

Fillmoe
08-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Those are nice.....................

and old.

yah i like the chargers super bowl rings better..... oh wait what am i talkin about....... :lol

PAWW
08-18-2006, 08:52 PM
yah i like the chargers super bowl rings better..... oh wait what am i talkin about....... :lol:lmao
OK spic-what you got?
:corn:

Slinkyman
08-18-2006, 09:34 PM
How'd rivers look tonight? :lol

TheSanityAnnex
08-18-2006, 10:46 PM
How'd rivers look tonight? :lolNot too bad, minus the interception by the defensive player of the year. It's gotta be tough for a QB when Tomlinson is just sittin on the sidelines.

TheSanityAnnex
08-18-2006, 10:47 PM
:lmao
OK spic-what you got?
:corn:
How much fun can one have living in the past?

Lets talk about this year.

How those Niners looking? Think they'll win 5 games this year? Maybe even 6?

PAWW
08-18-2006, 11:16 PM
How much fun can one have living in the past?

Lets talk about this year.

How those Niners looking? Think they'll win 5 games this year? Maybe even 6?That's the best you can do? Very disappointing!:depressed

ducks
08-19-2006, 01:05 PM
I like the fact he got picked off
he said he would learn from it
he did not realize the players are that fast
bears d is also better then most
and phil simms said the best thing for rivers is to have some adversity during preseason to get him ready for the season

BUMP
08-19-2006, 04:34 PM
yes i am........

http://davis333.tripod.com/sb-sf16.jpg
http://davis333.tripod.com/sb-sf19.jpg
http://davis333.tripod.com/sb-sf24.jpg
http://davis333.tripod.com/sb-sf29.jpg
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/features/rings/4/ring11.jpg

what the chargers got to show for?

the 9ers wouldnt've won any if a guy named Rice hadnt come along. although that was extremely impressive what the Niners did while they had him. they made the most of their chances winning every super bowl they got to. so i give them major props there.

but they are overwhelmingly bad now that its pretty funny :lol but there is a future with Alex Smith

Fillmoe
08-19-2006, 04:44 PM
^ play your position and dont have an opinion...... just do what your good at and bump old ass threads

TheSanityAnnex
10-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Chargers looking good. Rivers has shown he is very capable.
The Chargers Defense is ranked number 1, yet they are under the radar.

Next test will be @ Cincy.

johnsmith
10-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Chargers looking good. Rivers has shown he is very capable.
The Chargers Defense is ranked number 1, yet they are under the radar.

Next test will be @ Cincy.

Here's an interesting tidbit:
Of the 14 NFL teams with winning records, the 3-1 Broncos are the only team in the league whose opponents' combined record is better than .500. Broncos opponents' composite record is 14-5. St. Louis, New England and Baltimore are all 4-1. Kansas City is 2-2.

The next best composite record for a winning team is 12-13 for Minnesota (3-2). Denver's AFC West rival San Diego (3-1) has played the softest schedule of teams with winning records. The Chargers' opponents are 5-12.

NBA Junkie
10-13-2006, 12:42 PM
Of the 14 NFL teams with winning records, the 3-1 Broncos are the only team in the league whose opponents' combined record is better than .500. Broncos opponents' composite record is 14-5. St. Louis, New England and Baltimore are all 4-1. Kansas City is 2-2.

The next best composite record for a winning team is 12-13 for Minnesota (3-2). Denver's AFC West rival San Diego (3-1) has played the softest schedule of teams with winning records. The Chargers' opponents are 5-12.

That victory over Pittsburgh was still impressive, nonetheless. Particularly, the way Rivers moved the ball at will on that defense in the second half.

The Steelers may be off to a slow start, but they're still an elite team.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-13-2006, 12:43 PM
But can I sleep with some Chargers cheerleaders?

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2006, 01:09 PM

Point taken, but you must also look at who St Louis has played........but somehow managed to beat you. St Louis will come crashing down to Earth hard.

It is still early in the season, but I just wanted to point out the job Rivers has done after most everyone said letting Brees go was the wrong move.

And yes, the win over Pitt was impressive after being down 10.

I can't wait for the Broncos and Chargers to meet up. Should be a great show.

NBA Junkie
10-13-2006, 01:36 PM
It's hard to take the Rams seriously when their only loss is to the 49'ers. Granted, the Rams are a much better team with a healthy Marc Bulger at QB, which wasn't often in the last couple of seasons due to injury.

The Rams descent will likely start at home Sunday versus Seattle.

The Chargers will handle the Niners in SF on Sunday. I don't see them suffering a letdown as in years past.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2006, 01:38 PM
The Rams upcoming scedule is brutal.

johnsmith
10-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Point taken, but you must also look at who St Louis has played........but somehow managed to beat you. St Louis will come crashing down to Earth hard.

It is still early in the season, but I just wanted to point out the job Rivers has done after most everyone said letting Brees go was the wrong move.

And yes, the win over Pitt was impressive after being down 10.

I can't wait for the Broncos and Chargers to meet up. Should be a great show.

Have you ever noticed how civil the rivalry between the Chargers and Broncos has always been, even us fans are polite to one another. I wonder why that is? It's not the same with the Broncos vs. Chiefs/Raiders, I can't figure out why it is the way it is with San Diego. Maybe it's just my imagination though.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Have you ever noticed how civil the rivalry between the Chargers and Broncos has always been, even us fans are polite to one another. I wonder why that is? It's not the same with the Broncos vs. Chiefs/Raiders, I can't figure out why it is the way it is with San Diego. Maybe it's just my imagination though.
I've met many civil Bronco's fans, but you guys do have those lunatics that show up to Mile High every year. A buddy of mine is a huge Broncos fan and he's out in Denver right now to see the game. He says all the wackos show up for the Raiders and the crowd is pretty wild.

Its probably due to the fact the Chargers have sucked pretty much up until 2004. Sure we have rivalries with all the AFC teams, but we don't have the hate that say a Bronco/Raider fan has for eachother. Charger fans, and San Diego people in general tend to be more laid back. I don't know if its the nice weather, the cold beers, the good ganga, or a combination of all three. Whatever it is, SD people are pretty mellow. Our crowd is actually getting a bit rowdier these days and I hope that continues. People take vacations to see their teams play in San Diego, that needs to change. They need to fear wearing their opposing teams jersey here.

I see that changing though as we become more dominant over the years.

johnsmith
10-13-2006, 02:45 PM
I've met many civil Bronco's fans, but you guys do have those lunatics that show up to Mile High every year. A buddy of mine is a huge Broncos fan and he's out in Denver right now to see the game. He says all the wackos show up for the Raiders and the crowd is pretty wild.

Its probably due to the fact the Chargers have sucked pretty much up until 2004. Sure we have rivalries with all the AFC teams, but we don't have the hate that say a Bronco/Raider fan has for eachother. Charger fans, and San Diego people in general tend to be more laid back. I don't know if its the nice weather, the cold beers, the good ganga, or a combination of all three. Whatever it is, SD people are pretty mellow. Our crowd is actually getting a bit rowdier these days and I hope that continues. People take vacations to see their teams play in San Diego, that needs to change. They need to fear wearing their opposing teams jersey here.

I see that changing though as we become more dominant over the years.

I try to get back to Denver for at least a couple games every season. This year is proving to be more difficult then most however.

TheSanityAnnex
10-13-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm supposed to go to the San Diego @ Denver but the plans are slowly slipping away.

TheSanityAnnex
10-31-2006, 06:42 PM
Chargers defense rankings -

5th in the afc in points allowed
1st in the afc at total yards allowed
3rd in the afc at rushing yards allowed
5th in the afc at passing yards allowed
---------------------------------------------
Chargers offense rankings -

1st in the afc in points scored
2nd in the afc at total yards
1st in the afc at rushing yards
7th in the afc at passing yards

Don't recall the last time I've seen the Chargers have a top ten on both sides in each category. I'm impressed and looking forward to Cincy and Denver.

TheSanityAnnex
12-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Shaun Alexander > LT though.:lmao

TheSanityAnnex
12-12-2006, 06:23 PM
How's that sleep been?

TheSanityAnnex
12-12-2006, 06:25 PM
Well Eli has shown more in games played than Rivers.More interceptions is the only stat I can find :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
12-12-2006, 06:25 PM

TheSanityAnnex
12-12-2006, 06:28 PM
chargers aint gonna be shit....... spicoli is on that crack!

Fillmoe
12-12-2006, 06:32 PM
:sleep

12-12-2006, 06:34 PM
I still can't believe they let Brees walk.

Rivers has been good, but Brees has been lights out this year.

Fillmoe
12-12-2006, 06:35 PM
:sleep :sleep :sleep

TheSanityAnnex
12-12-2006, 06:36 PM
I still can't believe they let Brees walk.

Rivers has been good, but Brees has been lights out this year.

It had to be done due to Rivers sitting that long and the questions (at the time) about Brees' shoulder. It worked out well for both teams and I'm happy for Drew. But the Chargers have the better record and Rivers will soon be better than Brees could ever have been.

TheSanityAnnex
12-12-2006, 06:37 PM
So far my football season has been nothing but :sleep :sleep :sleep

12-12-2006, 06:45 PM
It had to be done due to Rivers sitting that long and the questions (at the time) about Brees' shoulder. It worked out well for both teams and I'm happy for Drew. But the Chargers have the better record and Rivers will soon be better than Brees could ever have been.

I understand why it was done, but I can't remember a guy having a better year after being let go.

ducks
12-12-2006, 06:49 PM
marty wanted brees
gm wanted rivers
gm won

TheSanityAnnex
12-12-2006, 06:50 PM
I understand why it was done, but I can't remember a guy having a better year after being let go.

Brees' stats are somewhat misleading. He has passed per game for more yardage during his losses than his wins. Remember that 500+ yard passing game, that was a loss as well.

TheSanityAnnex
12-12-2006, 06:50 PM
marty wanted brees
gm wanted rivers
gm won
Marty also respected Rivers greatly after coaching the Senior Bowl.

12-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Brees' stats are somewhat misleading. He has passed per game for more yardage during his losses than his wins. Remember that 500+ yard passing game, that was a loss as well.

Yeah, but what does that mean other than the Saints were trailing and had to throw the ball more? His attempts in those four games were four of his five highest of the season...

Fillmoe
12-12-2006, 07:19 PM
:sleep :sleep :sleep

TxJudsonRocketTx
12-13-2006, 03:39 AM

Better than Brees could have been or better than Brees will be? You act like Brees is Trent Green's age or something, and after your Chargers get bulldozed by Baltimore in the playoffs youll be wishing Brees was the guy behind center

Fillmoe
12-13-2006, 03:40 AM
:sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2006, 03:58 AM
Better than Brees could have been or better than Brees will be? You act like Brees is Trent Green's age or something, and after your Chargers get bulldozed by Baltimore in the playoffs youll be wishing Brees was the guy behind center

Cut your unibrow and add substance to the NFL forum before you try and talk shit.

TxJudsonRocketTx
12-13-2006, 04:01 AM
Cut your unibrow and add substance to the NFL forum before you try and talk shit.

Its not talking shit if its going to happen

TxJudsonCocketTx
12-13-2006, 04:05 AM

Real mature man, where did you get that one from? Your butt buddy Fillmoe?

TxJudsonRocketTx
12-13-2006, 04:09 AM
A future Golf Course employee talking shit :lol

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Its not talking shit if its going to happenWhere is Ms. Cleo when I need her?

TxJudsonCocketTx
12-13-2006, 04:11 AM
I had sex with Ms. Cleo.

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2006, 04:13 AM
A future Golf Course employee talking shit :lol

You don't graduate with a business degree and a PGA Class A card to be a "golf course employee"........You manage resorts that include golf courses dipshit.

And you wanna talk shit when you are the spitting image of this dude?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/judsondaddy.gifhttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/judson.jpg

Go fuck yourself. And while you're at it, suck Chamillionaire off.

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2006, 04:19 AM
I bumped this just to pimp my Chargers, and his ass had to show his unibrow up in here. I think its best for both sides that this is shut down to save him from complete and utter embarrassment. Please close this thread to save some face err........unibrow.......................... for Judson..

Pachanga
Judson is my illegitimate son.

TxJudsonRocketTx
Looks like a I hit a nerve :lol
Maybe Ill stop by one of your places of employment someday since youre right up the road and you can wash my balls and carry my fuckin clubs around you punk bitch, whats wrong? Can dish it out but cant take it?

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2006, 04:21 AM
Looks like a I hit a nerve :lol
Maybe Ill stop by one of your places of employment someday since youre right up the road and you can wash my balls and carry my fuckin clubs around you punk bitch, whats wrong? Can dish it out but cant take it?

Do you make enough money setting up pins at your Father's bowling alley to afford a round of golf? :lmao
http://www.bedroxx.com/

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/underseth/unibrow.jpg

TxJudsonRocketTx
12-13-2006, 04:22 AM
[QUOTE=TheSanityAnnex]Do you make enough money setting up pins at your Father's bowling alley to afford a round of golf? :lmao

I make more money than you do cutting grass driving golf carts around

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2006, 04:24 AM
[QUOTE=TheSanityAnnex]Do you make enough money setting up pins at your Father's bowling alley to afford a round of golf? :lmao

I make money than you do cutting grass driving golf carts around

Learn how to quote and then we'll talk. Besides, who ever said I work at a golf course bowling pin setter upper man. :lol

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2006, 04:24 AM
Pretty soon, your Dad will be mowing the lawn of my course pendejo!

TxJudsonRocketTx
12-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Learn how to quote and then we'll talk. Besides, who ever said I work at a golf course bowling pin setter upper man. :lol

Even worse, youre in training to work at one. Woooo sounds like you have an exciting life ahead of you buddy.

TxJudsonRocketTx
12-13-2006, 04:27 AM
Pretty soon, your Dad will be mowing the lawn of my course pendejo!

Yeah, right after he opens up one of the top 3 clubs in the country within the next 2 weeks. :rolleyes

I guess we should all go get our PGA cards to be as cool as you

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2006, 04:28 AM
Even worse, youre in training to work at one. Woooo sounds like you have an exciting life ahead of you buddy.And setting up bowling pins and waxing balls is so much more advanced! Please, tell me how many years of schooling it took you to figure out how to reset someone's score. How many slurpee's can you fill up in an hour? How long does it take you to fill a bag of popcorn?

I hope you are very skilled at your position, because you will need to be in order to afford one Spurs ticket per year.

TxJudsonRocketTx
12-13-2006, 04:29 AM
Well I'm going to go to sleep so I can get up bright and early tomorrow to plan my career in golf course management so I can average 20 post a day on Spurstalk the rest of my life and have fights with other posters at 3 in the morning

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2006, 04:29 AM
I guess we should all go get our PGA cards to be as cool as you

Do they offer Bowling master cards?

TheSanityAnnex
12-13-2006, 04:30 AM
Well I'm going to go to sleep so I can get up bright and early tomorrow to wax my unibrow, it takes hours.