PDA

View Full Version : Pistons sign Flip Murray

FreshPrince22
07-14-2006, 09:44 PM
http://www.mlive.com/pistons/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_pistons/archives/2006_07.html#161471

Damnit Joe... WTF? :depressed

This team is going down the shitter.

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 09:50 PM
What else you gonna get for $1.7 mil?

I like this acquisition.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 09:51 PM

I like this acquisition.

:lol

REDLION#22
07-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Wow They Singed Flip Murray!!!!now They Are Contenders

For The 8th Seed That Is...

FreshPrince22
07-14-2006, 09:54 PM

I like this acquisition.

Nothing > Murray.

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Wow They Singed Flip Murray!!!!now They Are Contenders

For The 8th Seed That Is...

They will make it the playoffs and miss the fianls again next year.

Bob Lanier
07-14-2006, 09:56 PM
http://www.eastgatefellowship.net/trainwreck.jpg
:elephant :elephant :elephant

Tanya
07-14-2006, 09:58 PM
http://www.mlive.com/pistons/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_pistons/archives/2006_07.html#161471

Damnit Joe... WTF? :depressed

This team is going down the shitter.

Hmm.. May I ask why would you think this sucks?
I think Flip Murray is an ok back up.

CavsFan89
07-14-2006, 09:59 PM
Flip is a steal for the BAE.....

awmyplace
07-14-2006, 10:00 PM
http://www.eastgatefellowship.net/trainwreck.jpg
:elephant :elephant :elephant

E20
07-14-2006, 10:06 PM
Flip Murray = Cedric The Enternainer

Tanya
07-14-2006, 10:07 PM
If you don't like either of Redlion's or Awmyplace's posts you can simply put them on your ignore list ... I have several posters on mine and it makes things a lot easier.

Thanks for your suggestion. Thank you so much!
I can't stand those two heat fans no more.

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Nothing > Murray.

In other words, no bench at all is better than having depth?

I bet by the all-star break you'll be changing your tune about Flip Murray.

CavsFan89
07-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Flip is a very good slasher, Which the Pistons kind of need because alot of there players are 3 point shooters

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 10:09 PM
If you don't like either of Redlion's or Awmyplace's posts you can simply put them on your ignore list ... I have several posters on mine and it makes things a lot easier.

Have I made the cut?

If you ignore, I know the answer :lol

The Genius
07-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Flip is a very good slasher, Which the Pistons kind of need because alot of there players are 3 point shooters
They think they're 3 point shooters. Because they believed that it was their season, most of the brass were expecting miracle shots to go in, ala 2004 vs. New Jersey. The bad inside game also had something to do with it, *cough*Rasheed*cough*

CavsFan89
07-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Im not a troll....I havent said anything bad about a poster or team.....Redlion and awmyplace dont count

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 10:12 PM

He's also been known to hit the clutch shots with the Sonics and Cavs. Averaged over 20 PPG at the start of the 2004 season when Ray Allen was out with an injury.

The SOB beat the T'Wolves on a buzzer beater that year. I was at that game.

The Genius
07-14-2006, 10:18 PM
What the Pistons need is an inside man. Someone to command attention when nessecary and open Rip or Chauncey up. Tay is good, but only because he is unorthadox and freakin' long as hell[arms]. He is too slow against an actual defense. Now if Rasheed stops jacking threes and works on bringing his old self back....

Kori Ellis
07-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Flip is extremely streaky and hasn't been well liked where he's been.

In Seattle, Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen were begging to get him off the team. For example, when their point guards were hurt, Flip was getting a lot of minutes and Ray/Rashard asked the coaches if Damien Wilkins could start at the point instead :lol

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Flip is extremely streaky and hasn't been well liked where he's been.

In Seattle, Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen were begging to get him off the team. For example, when their point guards were hurt, Flip was getting a lot of minutes and Ray/Rashard asked the coaches if Damien Wilkins could start at the point instead :lol

Only because he was taking shot attempts away from them.

BTW, Bob Weiss deserved his firing if he was placing a shoot first player like Murray at the point.

That said, the Pistons got him for a bargain. It's a low risk gamble, IMO.

FreshPrince22
07-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Only because he was taking shot attempts away from them.

BTW, Bob Weiss deserved his firing if he was placing a shoot first player like Murray at the point.

That said, the Pistons got him for a bargain. It's a low risk gamble, IMO.

Problem is, we needed a Point Guard. Even Chauncey mentioned it, and the article talks about Flip being Chauncey's backup.

This is not going to work. I can feel it. And Delfino's likely already gone because of it.

NBA Junkie
07-14-2006, 10:49 PM
Problem is, we needed a Point Guard. Even Chauncey mentioned it, and the article talks about Flip being Chauncey's backup.

They do need another PG. I understand that they brought Lindsey Hunter back, but only because he's been promised a front office job when he retires. It's still a wasted roster spot, nonetheless.

Honestly, who you gonna find at PG with $1.7 mil that Murray got? Marcus Banks is still out there, but he still thinks he's worth more than that.

Say what you want about Flip Saunders bombing as a playoff coach. However, his teams have always been about ball rotation and even he's smart enough to know that Murray won't cut it there.

Maybe you guys can trade Delfino for a back-up PG.

REDLION#22
07-14-2006, 10:49 PM
billups is a shoot first PG,if you want a good unit try a more pass first player,even though they are hard to find...

Pistons < Spurs
07-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Flips not a bad player and we got him pretty cheap ... but as FP22 stated, we can't use him as a backup PG. He'll be total crap. That's exactly why Seattle got rid of him. They tried him at the PG when Ridnour went down because they had no one else, and he was terrible. I mean how do you average 2.5 assists when you have Ray Allen and R Lewis on your team?

I hope this doesn't have an impact on Delfino as FP22 commented on ... though I already expect him to leave anyways next year. If he doesn't get minutes this year, he'll leave. If he does get minutes, he'll treat it as a showcase to earn a bigger payday from another team. I'll be very suprised if we do manage to keep him.

In 2 or 3 years, we'll see Memo, Darko and Delfino (we must not like players whose names end in "o") all on different teams playing at a high level, and we'll all be asking why oh why don't we still have them on the Pistons roster :madrun

I'm not pissed about this signing. It does give us depth, and he can be a good scorer.

Unfortunatly, there is really no one of quality to sign this year. I would have prefered a veteran 4/5. I would have prefered to re-sign Delk to the pickup of Flip. But, oh well. What's done is done. This move may not help us a ton, but it definelty doesn't hurt us either.

Pistons < Spurs
07-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Maybe you guys can trade Delfino for a back-up PG.

At this point, that would probably be best. I could see Joe trading him before the trade deadline. For a better PG? PF? Draft pick? It doesn't really matter. Anything is better than getting nothing out of him when he leaves next year.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Hey I like it why not if he cvan play like he did two years ago he well be a nice bench player.

JamStone
07-14-2006, 11:08 PM
billups is a shoot first PG,if you want a good unit try a more pass first player,even though they are hard to find...

Chauncey Billups 2005-06

8.6 assists per game, ranked #4 in the NBA for 2005-06
4.11 assists-per-turnover, ranked #1 in the NBA for 2005-06
699 total assists
423 total field goals

Do you ever know what you're talking about?

Chauncey Billups WAS a shoot-first PG. Over the past two seasons, he's been very much the consumate point guard that gets his teammates involved first.

Go back to the library and study a little more.

JamStone
07-14-2006, 11:09 PM
I don't like the Flip Murray signing. I don't like his game very much. I don't even think he's a very good shooter. I don't think he's a very good teammate. I just don't like it much at all.

Tanya
07-14-2006, 11:10 PM
In 2 or 3 years, we'll see Memo, Darko and Delfino (we must not like players whose names end in "o") all on different teams playing at a high level, and we'll all be asking why oh why don't we still have them on the Pistons roster :madrun

:lol :lol
I was thinking the same thing.

Lp26
07-14-2006, 11:38 PM
I don't like the Flip Murray signing. I don't like his game very much. I don't even think he's a very good shooter. I don't think he's a very good teammate. I just don't like it much at all.

That pretty much sums it up for me as well

Vinnie_Johnson
07-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Flip is not a good jump shooter and that's what The Cavs asked him to do because they needed jump shooter. Detroit has good jump shooter that will let flip take the ball to the rim and pick up fouls that is his game. The guy is 27 far from old I trust Joe he has been right in the FA place more then anyone of us fans.

REDLION#22
07-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Chauncey Billups 2005-06

699 total assists
423 total field goals

Chauncey Billups WAS a shoot-first PG. Over the past two seasons, he's been very much the consumate point guard that gets his teammates involved first.

yet once again he OWES it all to mr.larry brown :wakeup

Burn531
07-15-2006, 01:10 AM

Once again?

Vinnie_Johnson
07-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Once again?

No shit WTF red?

Rip-Hamilton32
07-15-2006, 03:46 AM

he meant once again me makes another stupid post

PaceMonster
07-15-2006, 03:58 AM
holy shit redlion shut the fuck up.....u make us heat fans look bad....fuck man just give some props and ppl wont hate u soo damn much

Pistons < Spurs
07-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Source: Murray, Pistons agree to 2-year, $3.6M deal

It appears that the Detroit Pistons have cornered the market on Flips in the NBA.

The team came to terms with free agent Ronald "Flip" Murray on Friday on a two-year, $3.6 million deal, a league source told ESPN.com.

The team had been looking for a combo guard who could penetrate to the basket and produce instant offense off the bench and Murray appears to be a perfect fit.

Murray made a name for himself two years ago in Seattle when he was inserted into the starting lineup on opening night after Ray Allen suffered an injury and scored 20 or more points in 10 of his first 11 games.

Even more perfect for the Pistons was the price at which they got him. The Pistons originally offered the majority of their mid-level exception to Murray, but Murray hesitated to take it, hoping to get a more lucrative deal elsewhere.

In the meantime, the Pistons found out that they were losing Ben Wallace and made Nazr Mohamed an offer. When Mohammed accepted, Murray was left without a big suitor.

In the end, the Pistons were able to fill both their needs -- adding a center to replace Wallace and adding some scoring punch to their backcourt.

While no one is pretending that the Pistons are going to be better without Wallace, they are adding some depth to what once was a paper thin rotation.

Expect Murray, Carlos Delfino and Antonio McDyess to give the Pistons a legit eight-man rotation next year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2520208

jacobdrj
07-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Flip Murray is clutch. I like him.

awmyplace
07-15-2006, 01:11 PM
holy shit redlion shut the fuck up.....u make us heat fans look bad....fuck man just give some props and ppl wont hate u soo damn much

CavsFan89
07-15-2006, 01:40 PM
:flipoff :flipoff

Marklar MM
07-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Chauncey Billups 2005-06

699 total assists
423 total field goals

Go back to the library and study a little more.

Well, it does help when Hamilton shoots 50%.

Please_dont_ban_me
07-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Flip is a very nice player.

He played nice in Cleveland, the most surprising thing to me was his defense. He has always been a scorer, but he was playing the other teams best perimeter guy at times and holding his own. Good signing for the Pistons.

Bob Lanier
07-15-2006, 11:47 PM
the most surprising thing to me was his defense.
Murray is a god-awful defensive player. Always has been, always will be.

It's funny just how Joe Dumars's GM career has gone. Three lucky breaks and the man's a genius - one unlucky one and every bad decision he's made in the last four years comes right back to bite him in the ass.

Who's the most un-Pistonlike Piston: Flip, Flip, or Nazr?

The Genius
07-15-2006, 11:50 PM

It's funny just how Joe Dumars's GM career has gone. Three lucky breaks and the man's a genius - one unlucky one and every bad decision he's made in the last four years comes right back to bite him in the ass.

Who's the most un-Pistonlike Piston: Flip, Flip, or Nazr?
Nazr. Simply because he's white. [cough] And Flippy.

awmyplace
07-16-2006, 12:49 AM

Nazr is black.

Rip-Hamilton32
07-16-2006, 12:51 AM

hes white?!? when did this happen

The Genius
07-16-2006, 04:18 AM
hes white?!? when did this happen
JooOOOOOoooKe. Hence the cough.

Bruno
07-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Flip for the LLE is damn cheap.
He can give a good scoring punch form the bench.
Even if I don't like this player, it's a good signing for Detroit.

himat
07-16-2006, 12:14 PM

:tu

leemajors
07-16-2006, 12:21 PM

true. flip is a horrible defender. i don't know what game dude was watching. :lol

Please_dont_ban_me
07-16-2006, 01:40 PM

This is not going to work. I can feel it. And Delfino's likely already gone because of it.

You have Billups.

Didn't you just sign Hunter again for 2 years or something? I don't think the Pistons are too concerned about the point.

Marklar MM
07-16-2006, 02:06 PM
You have Billups.

Didn't you just sign Hunter again for 2 years or something? I don't think the Pistons are too concerned about the point.

Hunter can't run the offense. They need someone who can run the offense besides Billups. That has been the problem with the backup pg position.

REDLION#22
07-16-2006, 03:46 PM

there is some irony here...its funny how ever since we won the title i have not seen a single fan(exept maybe 3)from this board giving us credit,all they do is hate hate hate...thats why us heat fans must remain together,to counter all the hate from the classles pissed ons fans.

REDLION#22
07-16-2006, 03:49 PM
he meant once again me makes another stupid post

and once again you make an even dumber comeback... :rolleyes how about...

oh wait...you are a pissed on fan i cant expect reasonable inteligence from you... :lol

cecil collins
07-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Flip Murray has impressed me, he'll be a fine backup and even spot starter.

REDLION#22
07-16-2006, 04:30 PM
yup,in fact i think the cavs played much better with him starting rather than huges starting.he agressivley attacks the rim and he is a nice jumpshooter,now its up to him to resist the cruelty of the palace of the burned hills.

ABDENOUR POWER
07-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Signing Flip for a this small of a contract is a steal. That said, I'm still on the fence about the signing. Unless somehow Hunter can turn the clock back 5 years or a young guy can step up, we still need a backup point guard. In addition, this could also mean that Delfino is on his way out. He'll be yet another name on the list of young talent wasted by the Pistons....

Rip-Hamilton32
07-16-2006, 05:21 PM
and once again you make an even dumber comeback... :rolleyes how about...

oh wait...you are a pissed on fan i cant expect reasonable inteligence from you... :lol

i think your the only here laughing at your own jokes

REDLION#22
07-16-2006, 05:54 PM
i think your the only here laughing at your own jokes

i was laughing at you! :rolleyes

hell you are the lamest pissed on fan on the board! :wakeup

ABDENOUR POWER
07-16-2006, 07:27 PM
hell you are the lamest pissed on fan on the board! :wakeup

I thought you said I held that honor!

Burn531
07-16-2006, 08:14 PM

Once again?

So how bout it Mr. Redlion22, you gonna explain yourself?

REDLION#22
07-16-2006, 09:36 PM
What i ment to say was:it was larry brown who turned the pistons into a TEAM,its not like chauncey decided to change his style...