PDA

View Full Version : The Who Announces World Tour

NameDropper
07-14-2006, 09:59 PM
This is fantastic news!

The Who Announce World Tour (http://www.therockradio.com/2006/07/who-announce-world-tour.html)

http://www.therockradio.com/the-who-4.jpg

Saturday, July 15, 2006
The Who announce world tour
The Who announced their first world tour in 20 years as well as the first part of their North American tour and debuted a new song at a press conference on Thursday, July 13th, in Berlin, Germany. The band will kick things off September 12th in Philadelphia, and the first leg runs through October 11th in Seattle. They also revealed two dates for the second leg -- November 5th in Los Angeles, and December 4th in Toronto. More shows will be announced in the coming weeks. Following the North American tour, the Who will play in South America, Japan, and Australia, before heading back to Europe for more shows.

Tickets for some of the dates go on sale Monday (July 17th), but fan club members can get in on a pre-sale now through the group's new website. For more information, go to thewhotour.com.

Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey played two songs at the event -- "Won't Get Fooled Again," and a new one called "Mike Post Theme." The Who has been playing "Mike Post Theme" at some of their European gigs, but for the first time yesterday, Daltrey and Townshend did "Mike Post Theme" acoustically. Townshend admitted he wasn't sure whether it would be an acoustic version or a band version on the Who's upcoming album, which is tentatively titled Who2, and which will be out in the U.S. on October 23rd.

Long live Rock!

Zombie
07-14-2006, 10:07 PM
WHO? :spin

Slomo
07-15-2006, 04:54 AM
I used to be a huge fan! But it's not the WHO without Keith Moon :(

Quadzilla99
07-15-2006, 06:44 AM
Did I step through a protal in time is this 1970?

ididnotnothat
07-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I used to be a huge fan! But it's not the WHO without Keith Moon :(

True but they are still something to see live.

Slomo
07-15-2006, 10:09 AM
True but they are still something to see live.Really? Why? (I'm not trying to bust your balls, it's just I can't imagine them without Moon and Entwhistle(sp?), so I'm curious).