PDA

View Full Version : News Of the Bizarre (open thread)

Nbadan
07-15-2006, 06:34 AM
http://www.sb-software.com/politicalinvaders/ann_coulter_pie.jpg
No money for you, but have some pie!

"We found out the hard way,” says former Beauprez for Gov campaign chief Steve Truebner, “that Ann Coulter is not a major draw for donors.”

Nary a one showed up, according to Truebner, leaving Ms. Coulter and Mrs. Beauprez -- the candidate himself was in D.C., working his day job -- to hobnob in the Paramount’s 2d-floor lobby with about a dozen earnest but penniless campaign volunteers, plus some KOA listeners who’d won free tickets to the Coulter show from the station and just happened to be in the vicinity.

Smiles were flashed, photos were taken, and cheese/crackers were eaten, just like at a real campaign event. The only things missing were the $1,000 checks. (Snip)

Link (http://www.coloradoconfidential.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=28)

RandomGuy
07-15-2006, 09:16 AM
We can only hope that the "culture of Coulter" can come to an end.

Most conservatives have enough common sense to realize she is genuinely crazy.

gtownspur
07-15-2006, 02:57 PM
We can only hope that the "culture of Coulter" can come to an end.

Most conservatives have enough common sense to realize she is genuinely crazy.

If your hope rides on pie throwers, then you're a bigger tard than those you deride. :lol

Nbadan
07-17-2006, 04:46 AM
A treat for loyal forum readers

http://www.medaloffreedom.com/JohnFKennedy37.jpg
Boy's Nation delegate Bill Clinton, left, shakes hands with President John F. Kennedy, June 6, 1963.

RandomGuy
07-17-2006, 12:26 PM
If your hope rides on pie throwers, then you're a bigger tard than those you deride. :lol

Um, the pie throwers were conservatives?

Dude, this reply makes noooo sense.

Nbadan
07-18-2006, 04:34 PM
It's not very often that a DEMO like Diane FeinStein gets to bitch-slap a NeoCon in front of the cameras, but it happened today...

Difi: "About FISA, you say that the President has the authority to wiretap Americans without warrants due to his war powers under Article 2, correct?"

Alberto: "Yes."

Difi: "And I got a letter from your associate saying that the President could act because Congress had not set up a statute. Well, that's not true. The FISA law clearly says that the President can eavesdrop without warrants for 15 days after a declaration of war."

Alberto: "Yes, but we didn't have a declaration of war, only an authorization to use military force, so we couldn't work with that provision."

Difi: "So you're saying that the AUMF does not amount to a declaration of war?"

Alberto: "Obviously they are different."

Difi: "So if the AUMF is not a declaration of war, the president shouldn't have WAR powers!"

Alberto: "................."

(stunned silence and whispers in the chamber...)

:hat

Yonivore
07-18-2006, 11:17 PM
It's not very often that a DEMO like Diane FeinStein gets to bitch-slap a NeoCon in front of the cameras, but it happened today...

(stunned silence and whispers in the chamber...)

:hat
Wow, I just watched that exchange in re-run on C-SPAN.

I don't believe your "quotes" are verbatim and therefore the quotation marks are misleading.

I believe the Attorney General was prepared to delve into the issue of the President's Constitutional powers during wartime (which this is even though there's no declaration -- just as we were in a state of war during Korea and Vietnam). He was merely pointing out to the Senator that the FISA law's 15 day requirement specifically applies after a DECLARATION OF WAR which hasn't occurred.

Senator Feinstein just chose to move one and then ran out of time and yielded the floor.

I wish I had read your post before I watched the exchange so I could have been more aware but, I don't think the exchange happened the way you characterized it.

xrayzebra
07-19-2006, 08:49 AM
^^Are you really surprised. Dan is Dan is Dan.

gtownspur
07-19-2006, 07:16 PM
Um, the pie throwers were conservatives?

based on your giddy assumption. :lol